It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to sell your soul to the devil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I was first going to start the thread to hear if there's any truth or fact behind the Urban Legend that David Copperfield sold his soul to the devil, in exchange for his "magical powers", and cutting off part of his pinkie to show his devotion to Satan.

But then I thought about it a bit. Can you actually sell your soul to the devil?
1. First you need to believe that you actually have a soul.

2. Secondly you need to believe that the devil\Satan\Lucifer exists. Which is a bit controversial because if you believe in the devil, then you'll probably believe in hell and everything that come with the package. I.e. who in his right mind is up for torture, pain and torment for the rest of eternity?

3. So you decide you want to sell your soul to the devil... How do you contact him? Is there a hotline to hell...? (Hope someone got that one...
)

4. OK, so you phone up the devil and he actually answers. Who says he wants to buy your soul? If you are a Christian (or one of the other religions), then you believe that your God/god is your saviour. If not, then you are going to hell anyway. So in order for the devil to be up for the transaction, then you must have a valuable soul to buy, right? Like, let's say the Pope. But then if the Pope decides to sell his soul to the devil, then he would by definition not be a Christian anymore, i.e. the devil has claim to his soul anyway! Sounds like a catch 22...

5. Say you convince the devil that you have a soul worth buying, would the price be right? Would he buy your soul for $10,000,000? Or would you need to negotiate the price? Would you end up paying with your soul and a left arm for $3,000,000 and the ability to charm any girl? And what's the current going price for souls anyway?

6. OK, so you sold your soul and your left arm for a couple of greenbacks... You spend it all in a year, end up on the street, and realize that you are now screwed. Can you go confess your sins before God/your god and you get your soul back? Or is there no turning back once you sold your soul, no matter how much you pray or accept Jesus or one of the other gods as your Saviour?

To me it looks a bit over the top to try and sell your soul to the devil. He would be a fool to buy anyone's soul... (Dare I say that!?) To the occultists: Is it really possible to sell your soul to the devil or any other being - human or non-human - for that matter?

Are there actually any records of people selling their souls to the devil? There's the legend of Faust or Faustus, that Fiddle player down in Georgia, David Copperfield, a new entry on the list, David Blaine and then we saw it on the movie Bedazzled as well... To name but a few.
But where do all of these legends come from? Folklore or actual historic events? Any experts on this topic?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Impressive indeed, I enjoyed reading you very skeptical topic about selling one's soul to the devil, but I always understood that concept as in a metaphorical sense in which a man commits a form of worship to the devil, for example: sacrificing an animal, in which he condemn's himself to eternal torment in exchange for a "favor", but since some devil worshippers have differant view on hell, they wouldn't mind that risk.

Second point, a man's soul doesn't really belong to himself it belongs to God, and also you may like watching the movie "Bedazzled" where Branden Frazier agrees to sell his "soul" to the devil in exchange for seven wishes, a comedy version of the "Wish Master".

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
My understanding of selling ones soul to the devil is to agree to perform some task that you know yourself is wrong in order to get something you want in return. It is usually something fairly significant, (not like hiding the remote so you can watch your favourite TV show without anyone changing the channel) but it doesn't necessarily have to involve any exchange with the devil at the time.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Your soul doesn't belong to you, it belongs to god so you aren't in the position to sell it to anyone for anything.

Cheers....

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The Devil really dosen't need any more souls. His last trip thru Washington DC maxed out his storage capicity. Soon it will be time to pay up and face the music.

The Devil can be contacted by the use of certain drugs. Krank and PCP are direct lines to Satan. Alcohol puts you on hold for a long time but he eventually answers.

Other drugs allow you to talk to the Great Spirit.

Your choice!

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
lot's of instructions on doing it

www.dpjs.co.uk...

www.wewantyoursoul.com...

www.necronomi.com...

I guess you can find anything on the net if you look hard enough......

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Perfect stranger]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
The Devil can be contacted by the use of certain drugs. Krank and PCP are direct lines to Satan. Alcohol puts you on hold for a long time but he eventually answers.

Your choice!

Would you mind expanding on that a little???

What are the determining factors that divide drugs into Satanic vs. Divine??

Can you provide multiple examples for clearity please???

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Your choice!

Would you mind expanding on that a little???

What are the determining factors that divide drugs into Satanic vs. Divine??

Can you provide multiple examples for clearity please???

Yeah I could. But the last time I talked about personal experience, I broke T&C rules and earned myself a little red flag.

Was your phrase "Would you --- mind expanding- --on that a little" a play on words?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm definitly not an expert on the subject... But, I know that Robert Johnson(famous blues guitarist/singer) apparently sold his soul to the devil.
Also rumour has it that an unknown James Brown once went missing, and upon returning told everyone that he had sold his soul to the devil. From that day on he was a hit.
That's all I know on the subject.
Never heard about David Copperfield though...

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yeah I could. But the last time I talked about personal experience, I broke T&C rules and earned myself a little red flag.

Was your phrase "Would you --- mind expanding- --on that a little" a play on words?

Ha ha....No there was no pun intended. But I'm glad you pointed it out cause I didn't catch it until you mentioned it.

Well, I didn't mean for you to explain using personal experiences or anything like that. I know, from past posting experiences, that such discussions make the mods a bit angry. But can you expand using a different method?? By sighting some scientific or logical proofs or something??? In fact, it's not "personal testimony" that would really matter much since drug effects can vary from person to person anyway. However, if what you say is true there should be some kind of practical evidence of a non-personal nature that could be shown to support your argument.

It's up to you though. I understand if you're unsure about what is allowed without getting a warning in the process. I don't want to be responsible for you getting banned or anything.

HS

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I was banned from another forum when I told them the 10th planet discovered was an alien thinking machine that was controlling most everyone on the planet by adjusting their soul(emotions) to what the fearless leader wanted who didn't mind being called the devil. Maybe the devil made them ban me

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the links stranger, I must say though, Wewantyoursoul.com is the most bizarre site I've seen in some time now, I quote:

You can receive a guaranteed CASH SUM for life, in exchange for an agreement that entitles WWYS® the rights to your soul from now until all eternity.

WTF?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doku
I always understood that concept as in a metaphorical sense in which a man commits a form of worship to the devil, for example: sacrificing an animal, in which he condemn's himself to eternal torment in exchange for a "favor", but since some devil worshippers have differant view on hell, they wouldn't mind that risk.

I agree. In general terms, selling your soul to the devil is indeed a metaphor, but according to some legends it seems to be a physical act, in many stories where the devil himself - in human form - negotiate the transaction.

Originally posted by mytym
My understanding of selling ones soul to the devil is to agree to perform some task that you know yourself is wrong in order to get something you want in return. It is usually something fairly significant, but it doesn't necessarily have to involve any exchange with the devil at the time.

True. But according to the "legend" there is a difference between committing a mortal sin, and thereby being damned for all eternity, and an actual transaction where you "hand over" your soul by some sort of symbolism in exchange to worldly treasure, power or pleasure.

Interesting... I've heard of many people - mostly dope smokers - that they've seen demons when they're high. But how do you distinguish between a hallucination and actually seeing one of the above-mentioned forces?

Originally posted by Perfect stranger
www.wewantyoursoul.com...

www.necronomi.com...

I guess you can find anything on the net if you look hard enough......

Yeah, somehow I'm not surprised... The "WeWantYourSoul" site is a bit... Odd... For the lack of a better word. Their quotation page isn't working properly, so I couldn't get the value of my soul...

This is quite funny, found on the last site:

Apologies; this form is no longer currently functional. People have been selling other people's souls without their permission.

I know a few people whose souls I would sell for small change...

Originally posted by hungryhippo
But, I know that Robert Johnson(famous blues guitarist/singer) apparently sold his soul to the devil. Also rumour has it that an unknown James Brown once went missing, and upon returning told everyone that he had sold his soul to the devil. From that day on he was a hit.

Shouldn't you have "soul" to be able to sing Blues?
Looks like fame goes hand in hand with some pretty odd rumours. Interesting enough the "WeWantYourSoul" site specifically states that people in the acting business may not sell their souls...
"that precludes the possibility of acting in any way that may be construed as soul- or life-affirming"

Originally posted by Doku
Second point, a man's soul doesn't really belong to himself it belongs to God

Originally posted by kinglizard
Your soul doesn't belong to you, it belongs to god so you aren't in the position to sell it to anyone for anything.

I'm a Christian myself, thus believe Jesus is my Saviour and "Owner" of my soul...
But is it really true that God has ownership of all people's souls from day one? Being human means you have that great "gift" called free will. Doesn't this free will include free will over your own soul? Your sense of "being"? We are owners of our own bodies, and our bodies "act" only as temples for the Holy Spirit. Doesn't the body include the soul?

Does it say anywhere in the Bible that God is the "Owner" of all mankind's souls?
I don't wish to spark a religious debate... But this discussion sparked a new question... Who has original Ownership over a person's soul, and can that ownership really be transferred? Because if the "legend" of soul transactions is true, then no person has ownership over his or her own soul... It is the property of one of the higher powers (if you see the devil as a higher power), and ownership changes from one Higher Power to another because of a person's actions (good or evil) on earth. Thus if this is true, and a person doesn't have ownership over his/her own soul, the person still have direct influence over who gets ownership over the soul.

Hmmm... Did any of this make sense? Well, if it did make sense to anyone, I would love to hear some opinions on who exactly has original ownership over a person's soul?

[Edit: Formatting]

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The title of this thread is

"How to sell your soul to the devil"

Very intresting. Also about the drugs part.

I would suggest to some of you that there are other drugs out there than chemicals per se.

Television is a drug of choice to many people. It is thier total reality. It is thier everything. And a very powerful drug at that. It can get one to sell thier soul easily without thinking. After all..the television does most of our thinking for us ...until we learn the process of cutting the chord........or real thinking.

However..to get back on topic...How to sell your soul to the devil...simply become a politician. Much of politics is selling ones soul to the devil or another way of putting it ..to the body politic. And even better...it is often the buisness of selling the souls of others to the body politic.

How many of you are even capable of thinking this through. The body politic is the one buisness where you can advertise a product which is not true..and get people to go to voting booths over and over and over. Then never deliver the product advertised...and no one thinks this is strange conduct.?? They just keep going over and over like robots to the voting booth. Any legitimate buisness that advertises a product and does not deliver...would soon find themselves out of buisness. Not so with politics.

You people should be smarter than this. What drug do they have you on that you cannot see this ...deception. This is devilishness of the first magnitude.

When you break down all the rhetoric and rubbish passing for politics..today..it becomes obvious that much of politics is inhabited by devout religious zealots. They are religiously political. Devoutly political. Zealously political. Politics is a religion to the most devout.
The problem is in defining the parameters of a religion which does not want to be defined and does not deliver the product advertised.
Simply put .what is the name of the god of this political machine which advertises a product but never delivers or solves problems. To whom do they sell these souls???

Think it through carefully.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The thing is, if you actually do have a soul, why would you want to sell it to the devil (if you believe that there is one) whenapparantly you get tortured for eternity?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
you posted:

"The thing is, if you actually do have a soul, why would you want to sell it to the devil (if you believe that there is one) whenapparantly you get tortured for eternity?"

I dont think that was he premise of this original post by Gemwolf.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You might want to look up some material on Occult religions. Not the stuff you get in Barns and Noble or Amazon..but the real deal...if you can even find them. This is another concept ..way out of the limits of what passes for Christian theology today. It is another theology ..one not apparent to the profane. Why should it be..most dont even know the Christian doctrine ..why would they know a counterfit..even one passing for Christian.
I realize this is another whole arena of thought. But you asked where from come some of these legends.
If you ever find these real books on Occult religions...then take a closer look at politics.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
You might want to look up some material on Occult religions.
I realize this is another whole arena of thought. But you asked where from come some of these legends.
If you ever find these real books on Occult religions...then take a closer look at politics.

Thanks,

Interesting angle on this. I'm pretty sure many people "sell" their souls to the devil on many different levels, you are quite right. But these are more metaphorical examples.

In this thread I'm looking into the actual business transaction of selling your soul to the devil.One on one contact with the devil. You decide to sell your soul to the devil, you contact the devil - he (or one of his representatives) visits you, you negotiate terms, you need to do something symbolic, like cutting off your little finger (example not based on any facts!) and so on. You know a real business transaction between two people... err... one human and one ejected angel.
Thus far there is little evidence that shows that such a transaction is possible. See reasons - first post.

But thanks for your input and angle on this as well. Every insight is valued!

And for the person who tagged the thread "think before you act please!", don't worry, I'm trying to debunk the soul-selling legend, not actually practise it.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Have you ever really had a talk with a Luciferian?? A real Luciferian..not some Barns and Noble book reading wanabee???
Would you even know the difference in a Satanist and a Luciferian??

I knew certain informations concerning Luciferians..the real deal..not as stated some wanabees.
In a frank conversation with two of them at different times and places I got them to admit that the system of morality they were talking about was a copy of other known systems with hidden modifications for certain behaviors. These modifications are known by most of those in the religion but not by those outside the religion or the profane. It is secret ..hidden and Occult.
I was actually able to get them to admit that this system was a man made counterfit of other systems already known in history.
Then I finally asked them to tell me the name of the counterfitter!!

Now I had heard about this years before and studied it to learn as much as possible before taking this step.

The look on thier face when they realized that I knew..was very unusual..and I mean unusual. What was even more unusual..was their response.

Both of them in slightly different responses declared that they were under oath..and could not tell me.

They could not tell me the name of their god. Now that is a very strange thing to behold. But the look in their eye..told me that they knew that I knew the name.
I have done this twice to confirm what I was taught by others. Same results each time. I do not recommend you try this without being firm about what you know or dont know.

What kind of a person sells their soul to a religion where you cannot tell the name of your god. Very strange indeed. You need to find out what this kind of a oath is??? Also what kind of people take this oath.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I cannot say that I've met a "real Luciferian". I'm sure it would be an interesting and maybe scary experience. I doubt if I'll even recognise one if I saw him. But I do know the difference between a wannabe that watched too many Satanic Occult Hollywood movies. I did touch the subject of true worshipping of the so-called "Dark Lord" in some literature, and I understand that they don't really see the devil (Lucifer) as evil, and that they see the "common" Satanic rituals as a circus and a joke towards their religion.

I don't claim to know alot because frankly it scares me. When I was 17 I had a brush with demons and satanism, but luckily I got out before anything happened. I know myself and my interest in the paranormal and the strange, weird and unknown can be dangerous if you dig too deep. Thus I aviod get too informed on certain topics.

But they deny the true identity of their god? That is strange indeed. If you compare that to Christianity for example, denying God is the mortal sin, landing you a "one-way ticket to hell". And how to you get this information if it is such a strict oath? Do you maybe care to share the name with us?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join