It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Weather - Is "the day after tomorrow" coming true?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/11df4067ff00.jpg[/atsimg]
chrismastrangelo.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/10708c3473f4.jpg[/atsimg]
snrclimatecorner.blogspot.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Item:

Are We Experiencing The Begin[sic] Of A New Ice Age?

As pointed out on other threads, the image actually shows, if anything, less snow cover than we'd normally expect. So why do you suggest a new ice age?
edit on 5-2-2011 by Essan because: remove bold text

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Item:

Are We Experiencing The Begin[sic] Of A New Ice Age?

As pointed out on other threads, the image actually shows, if anything, less snow cover than we'd normally expect. So why do you suggest a new ice age?
edit on 5-2-2011 by Essan because: remove bold text

I don't mean to sound crass, but have you been living under a rock?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
english.aljazeera.net... thats a current weather related Catastrophe..Over 1million Affected By Extreme Rains and Flooding in the newest round of Natural Disasters in Sri Lanka...I'm not saying this is out of the ordinary because i dont know enough of thier weather patterns but seems pretty severe to me

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
(Leading meteorologists) )Woman And Two Children Found Dead At Home
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by Human_Alien

(Leading meteorologists) )Woman And Two Children Found Dead At Home

news.sky.com

Police are investigating after a woman and two children were found dead at their home.
Officers were called to a house in Garendon Road in Shepshed, Leicestershire, late on Wednesday after relatives raised concerns about the family.

All three were confirmed dead at the scene.

They've been named locally as Claudia Oakes-Green, her 8-year-old daughter Eleanor and her son Thomas who is thought to be aged either 12 or 13.

Leicestershire Police have said they are not looking for anyone else in connection with the deaths.

Post mortem examinations were carried out this afternoon.

Th
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We had a record breaking very hot summer and also drought.Then a recorded breaking cold snap.
And now,I don't know if this is unusual but the buttercups are popping out of the ground.
Here in northern Kentucky where its usually cold and grey this time of year.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Too much to keep track of, but here's this:

Thousands Left Homeless By Brazil Rain - 3/14/2011

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Theres a major tropical storm off the coast of brazil. Massive earthquakes, California getting earthquakes. It is coming true. but unlike the day after tomorrow, ET's are going to come and help us transcend dimensions. Don't be afraid, this is the normal course earth is supposed to take. We will soon be with our space brothers

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
TORNADO WARNINGS IN CALIFORNIA!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Tornado Touches Down In Northern California
Skies Darken Over Maxwell
POSTED: 3:15 pm PDT March 21, 2011
UPDATED: 9:08 pm PDT March 21, 2011

COLUSA, Calif. -- In yet another sign of odd weather in Northern California, a tornado was seen on the ground Monday near Interstate 5 in Colusa County.
A tornado warning was issued for the Colusa and Glenn county areas.

edit on 3/23/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: article snippet

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well I was on Ambulance duty today here in Cornwall with the sun blazing down on us, it was really hot then all of a sudden I was breathing condensation. It went cold as buggery within seconds but the sun was still blazing down. Weirdest weather I have experienced in a while

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It is scarily warm here in the UK, I have seen lots of wasps, bees and hover flies this week. This is unusual considering it's November. Very unusual...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

Item

Antarctica's big crack revealed (video)
by Human_Alien
started on 2/29/2012 @ 11:20 PM

In a scene straight out of a science-fiction disaster movie, space agency Nasa has revealed what a vast crack across Antarctica looks like up close.

The 2004 movie The Day After Tomorrow opened with a the Antarctic iceshelf cracking ahead of global extreme weather, and now Nasa has it live and on YouTube.

In October 2011, researchers flying in NASA's Operation IceBridge campaign made the first-ever detailed, airborne measurements of a major iceberg calving event while it was in progress.

By February IceBridge's team had mapped the crack in Antarctica's Pine Island Glacier in a way that allowed glaciologists to fly through the icy canyon.

The animation was created by draping aerial photographs from the Digital Mapping System - a still camera with very precise geolocation ability - over data from the Airborne Topographic Mapper - a scanning laser altimeter that measures changes in the surface elevation of the ice.

Both instruments were flown on NASA's DC-8 research airplane, and the data was collected on October 26, 2011.

The crack formed in the ice shelf that extended from one of West Antarctica's fastest-moving glaciers.

The path of the crack in the animation stretched roughly 30 kilometres in length (the actual crack was much longer), with an average width of about 80 metres. It was 250 metres at its widest.

The canyon ranged from 50 to 60 metres deep, with the floor being roughly at the water line of the Amundsen Sea.

Radar measurements suggested the ice shelf was about half a kilometre thick, with only a third of it above water.

Nasa said scientists had been waiting for the crack to propagate through the rest of the ice shelf and release an iceberg, which they estimated could span 900 square kilometres.

If it did not split off soon, however, the sea ice that formed with the onset of southern winter might keep the ice chunk trapped against the coast for a while.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
i think about this all the time. that movie was really extreme but we really are going to continue having really extreme weather. last year and the year before broke records for disaster relief. it's only going to get worse (we may have lulls every now and then and people who don't believe will say it's proof everything is fine).

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I don't believe in the end of the world either, but with all this strange weather I have a feeling that our summer is going to be horrible. Hot, Lots of tornadoes, Lots of Hurricanes, and possible increased earthquake activity (particularly in the North West US.)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Is anyone forgetting that when Antractica melts entirely, this extra water will cause serious floods? The weather is changing, you can see how today - one day is winter, next day could be spring or even summer. While the general -gradually-winter-gradually-spring hasn't change, it is greatly disturbed,

On a graph the anomalous weather would looke like:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Where the bottoms are deviation of the weather from the natural course

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Don't worry about it, it's only global warming tied to a cycle of the earth. It makes life interesting. In the future it will get worse than this. If we survive we will have to pass the knowledge down to our young and try to stop it from happening again. Didn't work this time, we didn't listen to reason so chances are it will be the same twenty six thousand years from now. Enjoy the show.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by HAARPwatcher
I don't believe in the end of the world either, but with all this strange weather I have a feeling that our summer is going to be horrible. Hot, Lots of tornadoes, Lots of Hurricanes, and possible increased earthquake activity (particularly in the North West US.)

I don't know where in the US you are, but where I live, the last time we had a winter like this (2002), the following summer was cold and rainy.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
Is anyone forgetting that when Antractica melts entirely, this extra water will cause serious floods? The weather is changing, you can see how today - one day is winter, next day could be spring or even summer. While the general -gradually-winter-gradually-spring hasn't change, it is greatly disturbed,

On a graph the anomalous weather would looke like:

///////////

Where the bottoms are deviation of the weather from the natural course

And the arctic as well:

Multi-year Arctic Sea Ice "Time Lapse"

edit on 3/1/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Item

Confirmed by WMO: Extreme Weather Events Are An Increasing Trend