It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Weather - Is "the day after tomorrow" coming true?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I was just watching the local news and I watched their story on the strange weather. Look back at the past two years. If you bring it all into perspective, our weather has changed DRASTICALLY.

It mostly started with the Tsunami that ravaged the far eastern parts of the world. This was caused by a MASSIVE earthquake. Also, volcanoes erupted in that same time frame, and I mean A LOT of volcanoes. It wasnt publicized much, but the "Ring of Fire" was very active. Look at hurricane Katrina and the others that destroyed part of the souther US. On the news, it was reported that a large volcano is near having a very big eruption.

Heck, I live in (Colorado Springs) Colorado, and I havent seen 5 inches of snow all winter in my area. A few days ago we got RECORD winter highs in the MIDDLE OF WINTER in the past 60 years.

The Mayans, an advanced ancient civilization, predicted that the world will end in 2012, is this happening?

Please respond witrh your opinion or any other weather anomylies that you found.

mod edit: title caps

[edit on 16-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I don't know about any end-of-days scenario (2012 or otherwise), but I live in Washington State; we're on day 25 of consecutive rain which, even for this region, is quite a bit. The record for Seattle is 33, from 1953. Quite interesting when during this past summer it was a comparative drought--no rain for a week or two, then a light drizzle, then no rain. Definitely different from standard Pacific NW (at least that I hear--I've only lived here a couple of years, both summers the same.)

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1
I don't know about any end-of-days scenario (2012 or otherwise), but I live in Washington State; we're on day 25 of consecutive rain which, even for this region, is quite a bit. The record for Seattle is 33, from 1953. Quite interesting when during this past summer it was a comparative drought--no rain for a week or two, then a light drizzle, then no rain. Definitely different from standard Pacific NW (at least that I hear--I've only lived here a couple of years, both summers the same.)

Weird, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Talk about strange weather. In Texas we are used to warm temperatures, our "winter" usually averages around a low in the 30's on one of the coldest days of the year for the high. This year i have yet to see a remote sign of winter. This year we have broken so many high temperature records it's starting to frighten me. I have only had to wear long sleeves 2 days....count them 2 days this entire year so far. Some say it is just a cycle wich is somewhat eveident if you look at records, but it worries me.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yeah. Right now it is starting to look like a possible global warming issue. Please keep this thread going. It might get interesting.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Indeed, there is something weird going on. I'm reporting from the northeastern part of the U.S. (new england area), and we've had some dramatic drops in temperature. A couple days back our high temps were reaching almost 60 degrees F, unheard of, ESPECIALLY in new england around this time of the year. Now, here we are just 2 days after and the temperature dramatically dropped to 5 degrees F within a couple hours.

Something isn't right here folks. Exactly what it is, I don't know. Global warming? Or could it just be that mother earth is changing it's cycle?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I smell a pole shift!
prepare for the next ice age!

Don't freak out guys. This is just Mother Nature proving that we dont know as much about our planet as we think. It is only weird in our life times. Stuff like this is pretty common place on a long enough timeline.

I would be more worried about how our Gov'ts will react, should this stuff get worse, rather than how bad it can get. Humans will survive anything. Its the MAN who botches responses.

I, for one, wont be huddled in a basement waiting for Uncle Sam to save the day, I'm raidin Mao-Mart!

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I truly believe that the weather is changing or we are on a very warm trend that perhaps may last just one season or a few.

But I have to tell we are having some spring like temperatures in the south.

But all the crops that need cold weather are going to be hurt.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I am in south-central MI and the weather is great. We can skip winter every year for all I care. It will save me from moving to warmer climates soon. Ive been planning a move to Tampa but now I think I might just stick this out. We usually get really crappy "lake effect" snow here all winter long. I havent seen snow in like 3 weeks.

Come on Doomsday, hurry up already!

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Late last year many people perdicted the worst winter on record. However up to now we have hardly had two consecutive days of cold weather never mind artic conditions.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Here in SE Pennsylvania it's been like late spring.

We've had temps in the 60s and it should be like 15 degrees and snow. I think we've had like 2 days of snow, and a few cold days; but mostly it's been warm.

I think i've worn a jacket only a handful of days in January, which is VERY wierd, I was wearing short sleeved shirts last week. Normally, I'd be bundled up with a scarf/gloves/down jacket; etc.

Very very odd; but I'm enjoying it. More motorcycle riding for me

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
there has been some very strange weather in Vermont. i live in central VT and after a couple of snowstorms all wither its been raining here for the past month we got several inches in the pas 2 weeks melting almost all the snow and causing flooding. Yesterday temperatures got to 55 here and late that afternoon a small thunderstorm poped up very strange for january. ealier that day we got some rain then it got extremely windy then skies cleared it was nice and blue out then to the west the sky got very black there were a few rubmles of thunder then a few drops of rain then it just started sleeting and hailing very hard and very strong winds temps went from 55 33 in less then an hour and we got 2 inches of snow that night.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
i also forgot to add we had a storm here last week you may have heard about the wind on the news in boston and new york city area. wind gusts in western vt reached about 75mph and in northern NY they had a windgust of 89mph. i havent seen so many storms with so much wind ever. a couple months ago we had some bad windstorms back november time. our 200year old maple tree was torn apart lost a large amount of branches. 2 more large trees down the road also loast half of their limbs. im 21 now i can remember the weather inthe last 10 years and this year is the weirdes i have ever seen.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

This just in from CNN "breaking":

Military helicopters en route to rescue 300 persons trapped in snow storm in Ontario.
It just keeps getting more and more eerie.

www.freep.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Remember this summer? It was extremely hot in northern countries, big forests were burning for weeks. It was said, that this hot temperature for so long time can occure maybe once in 15000 years. And now we have second wery snowy and cold winter, weather has been extreme during past year.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
150 rescued from snowbound highway near Sarnia
www.thestar.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a48a6bdd35aa.jpeg[/atsimg]
Taken by Dan Jordan, 29, from his transport truck on London Line Rd. near Petrolia, who has been stuck there since 1 p.m. Monday.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by CaptainIraq

This just in from CNN "breaking":

Military helicopters en route to rescue 300 persons trapped in snow storm in Ontario.
It just keeps getting more and more eerie.

www.freep.com...

They were talking about this on the news this morning. A snowmobile club was out rescuing whoever they could. Even the snowmobiles were getting stuck. They needed the type that go through the deep powder snow, not the trailriding type.
They were saying they think that some of the people might have been stuck there for as long as 12 to 24 hours. It was on the news over the last couple of days, that they were expecting to get up to 10 feet of snow in that area.
They even had to wait out the blizzard for a while to let the military helicopters fly.
Our military is very handy with matters of snow and ice.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ont., Maritimes hit by wild weather
www.cbc.ca...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca882ca7bdec.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Its COLD here, snow , ice and below temps, but then again thats expected.
We are having winter weather early, what we have now we usualy dont get until around feb.
We have had 9 below a few times but nothing to extreme, none of the usualy 30 below but thats yet to come.
Lots of moisture so far which is good, the forest can use it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Military plucking drivers stranded from Ont. highway
winnipeg.ctv.ca...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f17406e0d2d.jpg[/atsimg]
Snow is piled up at the Tim Hortons at Reese Corners, east of Sarnia, Ont., Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2010. (Brandon Junkin for CTV News)
edit on 12/14/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: url

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join