It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Weather - Is "the day after tomorrow" coming true?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Item

MASSIVE hailstone falls in Wichita, Kansas
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by murkraz
started on 4/15/2012 @ 10:54 PM

Originally posted by murkraz

Ok? What the hell. This is being shared on Facebook from MO, US.

Despite the fact that it's a bowling ball, that I can only assume had already broken up some to be in tact (or never broke at all), I think this is alarming at a glance...

Around the 10th or 11th in Texas:

Hail, today, in Tehran, Iran

Hail, yesterday, in Nebraska, US

Is this normal? I'm up north in Canada, and this looks absolutely WILD to me.
edit on 15/4/12 by murkraz because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/16/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: video

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

Item

Mysterious Changes in Ocean Salt Spur NASA Expedition
by meticulous
started on 9/10/2012 @ 04:10 AM

The OP:

Originally posted by meticulous

Mysterious Changes in Ocean Salt Spur NASA Expedition

weather.aol.com

While researchers think global climate change may be behind the changes in ocean salinity, changes like these are expected to have their own implications for climate. This is because ocean salinity also affects ocean circulation, and as a result, ocean temperatures, which have implications for weather.

Here's how it works: Compared with fresh water, salty water is heavier, and so more prone to sinking. Temperature has a similar effect, with warmth causing water to rise. Differences in salinity and temperature drive a slow-moving conveyor belt of ocean currents that encircles the planet. Th
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/10/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
So how's that melting arctic ice sheet doing? Hmm?

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
More arctic melting coming soon:

Arctic summer ice to dissapear within 4 years!
by ExCommando
started on 9/17/2012 @ 07:48 PM

link:

Arctic summer ice to disappear within four years, expert says
www.smh.com.au...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Appropriate time for a bump vis à vis Hurricane Sandy and the flooding of New York City, the huge swirly swirlingness and so forth and so on and what-not...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I was talking to my sister last night and we commented that its just like the movie lately. Alot of these posts are old but besides Sandy now we should also point out that there were tornado's around LA County a couple of weeks ago. Ice hail in China in several locations his spring. Melting sea ice in the Artic this summer was huge as well as the Ice Sheets in Greenland and Iceland. Its been historic. What I want to know is whats happening with the North Atlantic Current. There has been no recent information available since the oil spill in the gulf. There were reports that part of it stalled and they were waiting to see if it would restart itself. El Nino has disappeared and its been driving our not so normal warmer winters the last couple of years. So now what for winter 2012. I have a terrible feeling that when it does come its not going to be good. I wonder what information Nasa's Earthchanges Satelite has found in regards to all the oceans currents. It will be interesting to see what they tell us if anything.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FreshAirGirl

Originally posted by FreshAirGirl
What I want to know is whats happening with the North Atlantic Current. There has been no recent information available since the oil spill in the gulf.

I've been wondering about the North Atlantic Current as well.
Perhaps someone here has collected some relevant information/links re: North Atlantic Current that they can share. I've not actually taken the time to track down or research anything in this regard, but is has been at the forefront of the back of my mind.

edit on 10/30/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: grammar, usage, typos

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This stuff has always been happening,you just hear about it instantly with TV and internet.

Reliable,accurate records of weather events,and so on, haven't really been available for more than maybe,250 years either.

Don't let the mental meandering of rich brats with too much time and money on their hands cause you to be afraid.

Anyway...Prepare for the worst,hope for the best,and learn how to spot a sales pitch.

The salespitch sells last minute survival supplies to the unprepared.

Make sure you have what you need for the worst case scenario,turn off the TV and computer,and go for a walk while you still can without trespassing anywhere you go.

The weather will be the least of your worries with all of the stupid people in this world.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Western Japan records hottest summer ever
phys.org...

Japan Hammered By Extreme Hot Weather, 87 Died
by cheesy
started on 9/2/2013 @ 10:55 PM

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join