It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Weather - Is "the day after tomorrow" coming true?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I think most people will agree when I say we never get a white Christmas in the south of the UK its almost unheard of.Well I'm over 40 and I've never seen one. www.express.co.uk...

BRITAIN will have a white Christmas, with Arctic blizzards bringing up to eight inches of snow.

Snow will blanket London, the South-east, Scotland, the North and eastern England as bitterly cold winds roar in, weathermen warned yesterday. Snowfalls on Christmas Day are now a “foregone conclusion”.

“It will be nightmarish – no one will escape a return of the cold weather,” said Jonathan Powell, senior forecaster for Positive Weather Solutions.

Unlike the snowfalls earlier in the month which crippled large parts of the country, the next wintry blast will also see gale-force 50mph winds blowing directly from the North Pole. These will bring the risk of giant snow drifts in some regions.

Read more: www.express.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Oh, and they just had a big tornado in Oregon of all places. Right. That's pretty normal weather.

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.disastercenter.com...
edit on 12/14/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: stats

When I said "That's pretty normal weather" I was being sarcastic.
Just thought I'd mention that.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This Just In:

Snow: David Cameron says Army is on standby
David Cameron has said that the military ''stands ready to help'' during any further snow chaos this winter.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

7:00AM GMT 09 Dec 2010
The Prime Minister said the Government was holding meetings ''at effectively the Cobra level'' on the prolonged cold weather and snowfall, which is the worst for December since 1981.
Severe weather warnings are in place across Scotland, Northern Ireland, Yorkshire and Humber and East Midlands.
At Commons question time, Labour's Gregg McClymont, MP for Cumbernauld, Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch East, spoke of the ''Arctic conditions sweeping across central Scotland''.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

They pulled out a body today, from that Ontario snow storm.

www.thestar.com...

The body of a 41-year-old man was found in a field near Ridgetown, only 50 metres away from his car, which was stuck in the snow.

Hwy. 402 between London and the Bluewater Bridge opened at 7:30 a.m. on Thursday after motorists were left stranded for about two days. Military choppers were brought in to assist in the rescue of the trapped frozen vehicles.

Never leave your vehicle, if you're stuck somewhere. Have something bright available to tie to your antenna, a scarf or a glowstick is good. Then wait to be found.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

This is sad, but expected. I've been telling my friends to have emergency supplies with them when they drive. Just in case.

Your advice is correct. Stay put. Or you'll wind up dead from exposure.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
HAARP activity has been on the increase from MD up to Cape Cod this week. Could mean a major storm event along the east coast soon. Same thing happened just before Katrina.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Here's the latest from the Irish Times newspaper:
irishtimes.com - Last Updated: Friday, December 17, 2010, 07:06
www.irishtimes.com...

Heavy snow and freezing temperatures are expected to affect much of the country later today as Ireland is hit by a severe cold weather system that is due to last well into next week.

Forecasters have issued weather warnings as freezing northwesterly Arctic air is expected to bring snow showers throughout the country tonight and tomorrow morning.

Highest temperatures are predicted to be zero to 3 degrees at best but it will feel substantially colder than the official forecast in the fresh northwesterly wind.

Forecaster Eoin Sherlock warned the wind chill factor will make it feel “a hell of a lot colder” than it did during the most recent cold spell.

Yikes.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Meanwhile, It's Spring down under:

The latest from the Australian Courier-Mail:
Last updated: December 17, 2010
www.couriermail.com.au...

Southeast Queensland braces for third straight day as residents clean up

"Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Dalby, Maroochydore, Gympie, Kingaroy and Gold Coast ," the bureau warns.

The storms have already produced 3500 lightning strikes since midday, according to BOM.
Bureau of Meteorology forecaster David Grant said a trough of scattered thunderstorms pushing towards the coast on Friday evening would bring possible hail and 90km/h winds.

More yikes.

edit on 12/17/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: url and headline

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
And the Pacific Northwest is getting hammered. Look at the size of that system!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a3c682c6188.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

thats not yikes i'm afraid - thats qld in summer. My suburb in brisbane was 'worst hit' yesterday & we've all been saying we're finally back to normal summer storms! It's nice to watch the clouds roll in in the arvo. The hail tends to suck though.

Edit to add, it seems like the storms are getting alot more press lately, alot of people from down south have moved up here and live in low lying areas and don't know how to prepare for storm season and get caught off guard, If you've lived in QLD your whole life you know to have batteries, torch & Radio handy for power outages & the other essentials to get by when you lose power.
edit on 17/12/2010 by bkaust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
To the o/p..I was thinking exactly the same..(the day after tomorrow)..here in the uk, weather warnings
have been issued for another arctic blast...heres the bbc link.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

To be fair I've been expecting these things to occur and writing about this subject for more than a decade (back in the time when 'experts' were saying these things wouldn't occur for another 50yrs or so) ... so far we're on track (for my assumptions at least).

My ideas are too many to add to a single thread without swamping it ... but if you like, you can browse through my theories and thoughts by clicking;

theatlanteananalysis.webeden.co.uk...

I can't believe how many threads have popped-up latley referencing these subjects that I'm so passionate about and have been working on for so long ... even though I was always quietly confident that my hypotheses were correct ... it is still coming as a shock now that so many seem to becoming recognized realities all the faster the nearer we get to 2012 ... quite extraordinary really !

Anyhoo, S&F for being awake and alert ... enjoy the read if you decide to take a looksee at the link provided.

Woody

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Syria: Let It Snow!
Posted 14 December 2010
globalvoicesonline.org...

t's been a whirlwind week of weird weather for much of the Levant, as relieving rains and surprise snows blanket the landscape. In the Syrian capital, the streets are covered with snow for the first time in years. Though the Damascus skies occasionally sprinkle snow, rarely does it stick to the ground.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The weather here in the lower North Island of New Zealand is pretty much like it was this time last year, cloudy and drizzle day after day but warm, but the seasons have been getting later every year for about 20 years. Then there is the alternating El Nino/La Nina thingy, which no one even heard of 20 years ago.
A lot of the panic/paranoia is because more people are paying attention.
I been working outside in construction for 40 years and I can assure you that the weather is getting worse, my down times because of rain and wind have gone up 30% in the last 10 years, it affects my business bottom line and has to be allowed for in our pricing these days.
Climate Change for me means more work, but less time to be able to do the work each season.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
UK snow: Britain in gridlock as big freeze brings Christmas travel misery
• Passengers angry as BA cancels all short-haul flights
December set to be coldest on record, says Met Office
www.guardian.co.uk...

British Airways cancelled all short-haul flights, shopping centres were forced to close and many motorways were blocked by heavy drifts of snow.

At Heathrow, scuffles broke out as staff tried to deal with thousands of stranded passengers. "People were scrambling to get on other carriers, people were panicking," one passenger told the Observer. "This is the Christmas from hell."

Last night the Met Office warned that disruption was likely to continue, with freezing weather leaving roads in an icy, treacherous state for the next few days. In many areas, night-time temperatures will plunge to minus 10C or below. The conditions are likely to make this the coldest December on record, with a current average temperature of minus 0.7C,

People are saying it's just winter? And to get over it? I say "Every thing counts in large amounts." Actually thats Depeche Mode, but I think we have an understanding...

More...

"This is now the third bad winter in a row. We need to establish whether we think there may be a change of weather patterns and if so respond accordingly," she said. "We should be able to respond to these events better." Ellman said her committee would investigate what had gone wrong. "Clearly it is something we will have to look into."

edit on 12/18/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: more

edit on 12/18/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo and additional article text

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

And the Pacific Northwest is getting hammered. Look at the size of that system!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7a3c682c6188.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm just out of Portland and I wish we would get some snow
. It has been cold and rainy but that's nothing new.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

That system is expected to bring at least a 10 foot snowfall to the cascades per CNN weather report of 30 minutes ago.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Heathrow has shut down indefinitely.

Snow Chaos: Heathrow Airport To Stay Shut
2:51am UK, Sunday December 19, 2010
news.sky.com...

Heathrow will remain closed and will not reopen until checks this morning confirm it is safe, as heavy snow continues to cause chaos across Britain's transport networks...

The Met Office has issued a flash warning of heavy snow for the London area and parts of the South East, cautioning that "only essential travel should be undertaken" and warning of disruption to the travel network.

CNN reports 40 inches of snow is expected from England to the Balkans.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Sidebar:

Mark 13
Geneva Bible Translation:
15 And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:

16 And let him that is in the field not turn back again for to take up his garment.

17 But woe to them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

18 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter.

19 For in [f] those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.

20 And except that the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh should be saved: but for the elect's sake, whom he hath chosen, he hath shortened the days.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by whoshotJR

That system is expected to bring at least a 10 foot snowfall to the cascades per CNN weather report of 30 minutes ago.
en.wikipedia.org...

That's the mountains and happens in winter, its when it actually gets to our metro areas that it gets interesting. Its currently snowing but wont stick

I'm jealous of all of you that get to play in the snow!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join