It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Weather - Is "the day after tomorrow" coming true?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Snowstorm leaves hundreds stranded
www.theglobeandmail.com...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/83424b410ec3.jpg[/atsimg]
(Glenn Ogilvie/The Canadian Press)
A police officer climbs on the cab of a semi to check on its driver on Tuesday Dec. 14, 2010 on London Line, East of Sarnia, Ont. A state of emergency has been declared for Lambton County as snow stranded hundreds of motorists
edit on 12/14/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: caption

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1f15d5f6cb1e.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 12/14/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: second pic same source

(Glenn Ogilvie/The Canadian Press)
Tino Villarreal, of Flint, Mich., walks away from a line of trucks after being stranded for almost a day in his cube van delivery truck on London Line, East of Sarnia, Ont., on Tuesday Dec. 14, 2010. Villarreal was given a sleeping bag and blanket by another trucker to keep warm through the night.
edit on 12/14/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: 2nd pic caption

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Nope. Its just cyclic weather. Sorry.. no doomsday coming real soon.. sorry to sadden the armageddonists,

Im old enough to recall when weather flip flopped in the past. Widen your time view.. not just this last little 30 years or so. Weather does its thing all the time throughout recorded weather history. I see chicken littles screaming about the cold around my area. Laughable really. This exact weather and MUCH worse cold was in this area when I was a kid. We had snow on thanksgiving routinely.... then it warmed up for a while.. "normal" goofy weather patterns.. then we have more cold now. WOW.. not real scary if you think about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Motorists near Strathroy are still experiencing zero visibility and heavy winds gusting to 70 km/h are creating temperatures that feel like – 22 C with the wind chill.

Read more: www.cbc.ca...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here in the UK, November/December temeratures are typically +5 or so. This year wer'e getting -5 or -10.
Fifteen degrees is a big shift!

Now, either this is a natural cycle, or something has influenced it. Some say we are on the cusp of a new ice age. Geological data that tracks ice age cycles does support this.
Whatever the cause, much of the planet is not equiped for it. Europe is getting hammered by icy conditions, and given that Europe is practically bankrupt, when all the infastructure becomes damaged from this weather they won't have the money to repair it. The knock on effects from this will be huge. Civilization goes in cycles as well, and i'm thinking we are at the end. Watch it all collapse over the next two years.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Nope. Its just cyclic weather. Sorry.. no doomsday coming real soon.. sorry to sadden the armageddonists,

Im old enough to recall when weather flip flopped in the past. Widen your time view.. not just this last little 30 years or so. Weather does its thing all the time throughout recorded weather history. I see chicken littles screaming about the cold around my area. Laughable really. This exact weather and MUCH worse cold was in this area when I was a kid. We had snow on thanksgiving routinely.... then it warmed up for a while.. "normal" goofy weather patterns.. then we have more cold now. WOW.. not real scary if you think about it.

Check back to about 13,000 years ago.
Oh, and by the way: Do you recall the military being sent out to rescue people in a -22 degree wind chill blizzard. Not me. And I remember some seriously harsh winters - I live in Michigan. And I'm not as young as I used to be...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
2010 - Hottest year on record according to NASA.

Many scientists use the climate year, which runs from December of the preceding year to November of the current year, to evaluate long-term climate trends. The combined land-ocean temperature readings NASA's Goddard Institute posted Friday indicate that 2010 has surpassed what it identified as the previous warmest climate year, 2005.

The Washington Post

Funny how this thread was started just after the previous hottest year on record; 2005.

I know.... some will say it's not any hotter than any other year but it's the climate not the weather. There's a difference....

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

Personally I think we are going to experiance a "day after tomorrow" mini ice age. Bt this one will be caused by the effects of the BP oil spill on the gulf stream. This was planned for some time and will kill off most of the population via hunger and frost bite. The ones left will be so weak and beaten that they will do whatever TPTB tell them. They will be docile and easy to control under a one world gov once the mainstream boarders and policeys fade into the white snow.

How do I know this?

1) Science shows the gulf is the engine of the streams warm north drift.
2) The BP spill was staged. "Hallaberton is connected with the cement that failed and they bought boots and coots 11 days prior" "Boots and Coots is the largest oil clean up companie used in the 1st gulf war".
3) The queen herself owns a fallout shelter in denver in the area of NORAD and the denver aiport.
4) The gulf stream stalled outwards into the open sea and imediatlly we see effects of the cold rushing the UK.
5) The UK primarly gets snow thats washed away by rain due to warm water from the stream. This stall has cut the warmth down greatly and the rains are not coming on strong enogh or long enogh.

Personally I think It will take some time but the full stall should happen in 2 years. This will increase the snow in the north and reflext the suns warmth away instead of absorbing it. From there only god knows how long it will take to correct itself and how many will be left to see the snow melt.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Actually I do recall the national guard helping people.. several times. The most recent was a severe out of the blue surprise ice storm about 4 years ago.. no one saw it coming. And then several years without much more than a dusting of snow afterward... though the temps were terrible
SHort winters are the norm these days. Way back when we had harsh LONG winters. Your hair would actually freeze if you walked outside with it damp and we had to climb on the roof to get the snow off or we could have a cave in. Then before than we had very warm winters where the mosquito pops went berzerk. In the 80's there was no real snow and only ice that immobilized the city.. the tires were iced into 5 inches of pure ice with some drifty snow on top. I mean.. the weather is wild.. it always has been. There is more focus on it due to things like our technology thats busted the barn door in the last few decades and the internet.

Im aware of the ice age.. as are most humans. Im also aware of the numerous "little ice ages" that werent ice ages at all. Its the terminology that gets people all worked up.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj
reply to post by CaptainIraq

Personally I think we are going to experiance a "day after tomorrow" mini ice age. Bt this one will be caused by the effects of the BP oil spill on the gulf stream. This was planned for some time and will kill off most of the population via hunger and frost bite. The ones left will be so weak and beaten that they will do whatever TPTB tell them. They will be docile and easy to control under a one world gov once the mainstream boarders and policeys fade into the white snow.

How do I know this?

1) Science shows the gulf is the engine of the streams warm north drift.
2) The BP spill was staged. "Hallaberton is connected with the cement that failed and they bought boots and coots 11 days prior" "Boots and Coots is the largest oil clean up companie used in the 1st gulf war".
3) The queen herself owns a fallout shelter in denver in the area of NORAD and the denver aiport.
4) The gulf stream stalled outwards into the open sea and imediatlly we see effects of the cold rushing the UK.
5) The UK primarly gets snow thats washed away by rain due to warm water from the stream. This stall has cut the warmth down greatly and the rains are not coming on strong enogh or long enogh.

Personally I think It will take some time but the full stall should happen in 2 years. This will increase the snow in the north and reflext the suns warmth away instead of absorbing it. From there only god knows how long it will take to correct itself and how many will be left to see the snow melt.

That has been proven false.. regardless of what Jesse Ventura and Alex jones claimed.
I believe there is a thread dealing with this on here somewhere. Hard science versus pseudo-science and fear mongering.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I can understand this logic but do you have proof that the north atlatic current was weakened durring these periods? This fact alone makes todays cold more of an alert than prior years. The gulf stream has stalled and then BAM the cold hits hard. It did not hit last year and then stalled in june no, it stalled in June and the cold hit ASAP. This is the cause and effect we are looking at this is why it is of topic.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj

I can understand this logic but do you have proof that the north atlatic current was weakened durring these periods? This fact alone makes todays cold more of an alert than prior years. The gulf stream has stalled and then BAM the cold hits hard. It did not hit last year and then stalled in june no, it stalled in June and the cold hit ASAP. This is the cause and effect we are looking at this is why it is of topic.

Sure.. Im positive that its a factor. Its just not icy-ice-age-armageddon.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Younger Dryas
en.wikipedia.org...

The prevailing theory holds that the Younger Dryas was caused by a significant reduction or shutdown of the North Atlantic thermohaline circulation in response to a sudden influx of fresh water from Lake Agassiz and deglaciation in North America...

See this thread as well:
Mega-Flood Triggered Cooling 13,000 Years Ago: Scientists
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/14/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: inserted my thread

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

However true, that has nothing to do with a thread that claims a "day after tomorrow" scenario because its colder than usual. The info on what the factors are right now does NOT bear out that scenario.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

That has been proven false.. regardless of what Jesse Ventura and Alex jones claimed.
I believe there is a thread dealing with this on here somewhere. Hard science versus pseudo-science and fear mongering.

What do you mean by "This has been proven false"? Do you mean it's been proven false that the Gulf Stream does not effect the weather in the North Atlantic? Do you mean that nothing would happen if the Gulf Stream shut down?

What do you mean exactly?

A shut down of the Meridional overturning circulation would suddenly decrease the amount of heat in the North Atlantic, leading to much colder temperatures in Europe and North America. A 2003 report prepared for the Department of Defense outlines what would happen if an abrupt climatic change similar to the 8200 years before present event were to recur today:

~ Annual average temperatures would drop up to 5° F in North America, and up to 6° F in northern Europe. This is not sufficient to trigger an ice age, which requires about a 10° F drop in temperature world-wide, but could bring about conditions like experienced in 1816--the famed "year without a summer". In that year, volcanic ash from the mighty Tambora volcanic eruption in Indonesia blocked the sun's rays, significantly cooling the globe. Snow fell in New England in June, and killing frosts in July and August caused widespread crop failures and famine in New England and northern Europe.

~ Annual average temperatures would warm up to 4° F in many areas of the Southern Hemisphere.

~ Multi-year droughts in regions unaccustomed to drought would affect critical agricultural and water resource regions world-wide, greatly straining food and water supplies.

~ Winter storms and winds would strengthen over North America and Europe.

Source

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

No.. the scenario playing out as some here claim. As if the BP tragedy is the one and only factor that can cause an ice age. It is simply untrue. The conveyor stalls and is interrupted periodically.. manmade or natural. It effects our weather. It is NOT what is being claimed .....that this alone can cause a "day after tomorrow" scenario.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Well technically Britian is covered in WATER,, (relates to some prophesy or vision ie Day Ater Tomorrow style),,and
It could be good old Earth Style payback for gulf fiasco after all the shareholders are in the majority British subjects.
Cause who ever controls the Gas and Electric are gonna make a killing one way or another.
Kind of sad really lets hopes that once agin the poor are gonna be shafted first ie rate hikes,, opps already done that .. so sad.
Maybe they will head for Buckingham Palace too stay warm,, no wait Queen already applied for Welfare Heating, so maybe they won't be warm either.
Could be those kids that smashed Cammila and Charles Rolls Royce were just trying to stay warm??? lol

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

Well technically Britian is covered in WATER,, (relates to some prophesy or vision ie Day Ater Tomorrow style),,and
It could be good old Earth Style payback for gulf fiasco after all the shareholders are in the majority British subjects.
Cause who ever controls the Gas and Electric are gonna make a killing one way or another.
Kind of sad really lets hopes that once agin the poor are gonna be shafted first ie rate hikes,, opps already done that .. so sad.
Maybe they will head for Buckingham Palace too stay warm,, no wait Queen already applied for Welfare Heating, so maybe they won't be warm either.
Could be those kids that smashed Cammila and Charles Rolls Royce were just trying to stay warm??? lol

LOL! Off topic, but I have a renewed respect for your kids in the UK
It also wasnt lost on anyone that Charles and his pet horse Camilla drive their armored car to a spot so theyd be swarmed and make a great photo to be passed around the globe!

Its the same here.. in Illinois our power companies sell the power to themselves in a bid scheme and keep our rates HIGH. Higher than anywhere.. and we are getting another hike.. during the coldest winter in the last decade.

If there ever is a extinction event or a true ice age, you can bet that someone out there will be looking toward a way to make money off of it
Id not put it past anyone to engineer it in a way to happen to make money.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Blarneystoner

No.. the scenario playing out as some here claim. As if the BP tragedy is the one and only factor that can cause an ice age. It is simply untrue. The conveyor stalls and is interrupted periodically.. manmade or natural. It effects our weather. It is NOT what is being claimed .....that this alone can cause a "day after tomorrow" scenario.

Ahh OK... I gotcha. I don't believe the oil spill will have such dramatic effect either. If the conspiracy hypothesis were true, than I think that the use of dispersants would have been minimal to produce the most damage possible. As it is now, most of the oil that was released now sits on the bottom of the Gulf and isn't moving much at all. (Unless I've missed something...)

However, I do think that the Gulf stream is in danger of stalling or shutting down completly due to several factors, one of which would be a signifigant decrease in salinity caused by fresh water flooding into the N. Atalntic; say something like mass glacier melts in Greenland.

Greenland Glaciers

The climate is defintely changing and it's going to produce some strange weather patterns globally... like snow in the UK and draught in other areas... I guess we'll see how it all plays out soon... don't have much of a choice really.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

If there ever is a extinction event or a true ice age, you can bet that someone out there will be looking toward a way to make money off of it
Id not put it past anyone to engineer it in a way to happen to make money.

I can agree with you on this!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Oh, and they just had a big tornado in Oregon of all places. Right. That's pretty normal weather.

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.disastercenter.com...
edit on 12/14/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: stats

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join