It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Weather - Is "the day after tomorrow" coming true?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cvaughn919

Missed this post. Thank you for the input and the link. Will check it out.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Awesome. I am sure ATS members could add to the collection of evidence.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

As i said yesterday ,when i look at the weather ,records are broken.Heres todays
www.abc.net.au...

From the ABC
Outback hot spell breaks records
Posted 1 hour 43 minutes ago

MAP: Yulara 0872
The red centre of Australia is sweltering through a record-breaking string of hot days.

The mercury is again heading for 46 degrees in the tourist town of Yulara, near Uluru.

Staff at Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park have called ambulances several times in recent weeks for visitors suffering heat stress.

Senior forecaster Mark Kersemakers says it is a remarkable hot spell.

"The temperature has actually been above 42 degrees for nine days running at Yulara, which beats the previous record of six days running greater than 42 degrees," he said.

"The previous record was 13 days greater than 40 degrees. We're already had 15 days of temperatures above 40."

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Item:

Flood In Saudi Arabia Blocks People At Houses
Jan 29, 2011 16:13 Moscow Time
english.ruvr.ru...

Flood. Photo: EPA

Thousands of people found themselves blocked in their houses or offices.

Item:

Saudi Arabia - Governor Of Makkah Region Inspects Flood-Ravaged Jeddah Districts And Briefs Reporters on the Situation
www.isria.com...

In a press conference following an inspection tour of the flood-inflicted Jeddah neighborhoods, Prince Khalid Al-Faisal described the rainfall level which hit Jeddah yesterday as very large, amounting to about 111 mm to 120 mm.

The Governor of Makkah Region... went on to say that power current was restored to 61547 out of 69638 customers, rations were granted to 575 people and 300 persons were offered shelter.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

There is definately some wierd things happening in Jeddah its currently raining every week to put the 111mm storm in perspective their normal ANNUAL rainfall is 62mm or 2.5 inches,also New Zealand just got hit by cyclone Wilma which dumped 280mm causing a once in 50 year flood event to have a cyclone venture that far south is definately NOT NORMAL.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ice, Snow Heading For Midwest, Then East
Reuters
updated 1/30/2011 12:56:42 PM ET
www.msnbc.msn.com...

CHICAGO — A massive storm system bringing heavy snow, sleet, and freezing rain could potentially impact 100 million people as it slams the Rockies, Plains, and Midwest regions early this week before traveling to the eastern seaboard Wednesday, according to forecasts on Sunday. Freezing rain is expected to develop Sunday night and continue through Monday, producing a light grazing of ice that could lead to dangerous travel conditions in the central states, the National Weather Service said, but the primary storm system will hit early Tuesday and continue through Tuesday night.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Another day of record temps in the red centre and the tourists are dropping like flies.This quote was from the forecaster
www.abc.net.au...
"[It was] another day above 42 degrees ... which is well and truly a record heatwave down through the centre," he said.

High temps are normal in the desert areas in summer and so are floods ,but its been a year of records so far and now we have what looks like on the radar as a BIG mofo of a cyclone heading towards us.Check it out here off the East coast.www.bom.gov.au...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
We have a blizzard on the way here

beaconnews.suntimes.com...

Could be up to 18"
That's a lot even for here. There's already at least 6 inches on the ground

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
We have a blizzard on the way here

beaconnews.suntimes.com...

Could be up to 18"
That's a lot even for here. There's already at least 6 inches on the ground

Michigan's right behind you in the queue. Bundle up everybody. And please don't leave your pets outside.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainIraq
Yeah. Right now it is starting to look like a possible global warming issue. Please keep this thread going. It might get interesting.

It's not global warming you want to worry about, it's global freezing that worries me the most.

As per thread title, 'A day after tomorrow' type instant deep freeze would kill most people, who are unlucky enough to be caught directly under the freezing weather front...like those preserved woolly Mammoth's they found, that were 'flash frozen' some still had grasses in their mouths that they had been chewing on, only moments before they were frozen to death in the blink of an eye!

Now, *that* worries me more than sea levels rising a couple of feet a year...at least you can get out of the way...an instant weather front of -100c is a little harder to get away from!

Apparently, warming is not occurring as predicted. In Tibet, the mountains are actually re-glaciating, forming new ice...so it cannot be warming as predicted.

I fear a new ice age looming. If it does...Africa and a lot of the S. Hemisphere countries are going to get very popular soon.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Another day of record temps in the red centre and the tourists are dropping like flies.This quote was from the forecaster
www.abc.net.au...
"[It was] another day above 42 degrees ... which is well and truly a record heatwave down through the centre," he said.

High temps are normal in the desert areas in summer and so are floods ,but its been a year of records so far and now we have what looks like on the radar as a BIG mofo of a cyclone heading towards us.Check it out here off the East coast.www.bom.gov.au...

Not having a pop at you or anyone else here, but it's always puzzled me why you Americans always seem to build your cites and towns directly in the path of seasonal cyclones and tornadoes..why do you do this? Once you had discovered that 'cyclone alley' is cyclone alley, why continue to build in that area?

When you discovered California was situated on a particularly unstable fault line, why continue to live and build there?

It's like all these places on Earth that build their homes and settlements on the banks of volcanoes...OK, the soil is good for crops, but i would have thought the threat of being around when the thing blows again, would be enough an incentive to search for better, safer farmland.

Why do you do this? And if you insist on building in the 'danger zones' why don't you build homes and cities underground so you don't have to run underground when a cyclone or tornado hits?

I'm sure there are good reasons why people build in these areas, but i simply don't get it.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I've wondered this about New Orleans. I suppose it's just not practical to pick up and abandon entire populated areas. But I think if things continue to get worse perhaps we will see this happening in the near future.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Item:

MSM Calling Latest Winter Storm "Potentially Biggest Storm Ever Seen"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by MadDogtheHunter
started on 1/31/2011 @ 07:39 PM

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Item:

Cat "5" Hurricane Reaches Queensland on the Hour 300 KPH Winds Expected!
by purplemer
started on 2/1/2011 @ 07:59 PM

Holy cow!

edit on 2/1/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: url

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Weather cycles change. Anyone seen ice flows in the Delaware since Washington crossed? Weather patterns can come and go in 10 100 and even 1000 year cycles, and considering most of us dont see 100 yrs of weather, I just cant buy into "the weather seems strange these days". Not trying to knock anyone here, just saying our personal snap shot of weather observance is so miniscule, even the "experts" have a pretty bad batting average. But hey I'm new to ATS and loving it, so maybe I'll learn
Enjoy the snow if you can, wont be long before the next cycle melts it all.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
some really good links here, but do agree if you know an area is unsafe why build there?
it's a waste of money and peoples time.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Item:

Magnetic Polar Shifts Causing Massive Global Superstorms

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

Magnetic Polar Shifts Causing Massive Global Superstorms

www.salem-news.com

NASA has been warning about it…scientific papers have been written about it…geologists have seen its traces in rock strata and ice core samples…
Now "it" is here: an unstoppable magnetic pole shift that has sped up and is causing life-threatening havoc with the world's weather.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/4/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: url

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Oh, by the way...

CNN reports that today's morning temperature in Houston Texas was lower than in Anchorage Alaska. Yup. Nothing to see here folks. Move along, move along.
edit on 2/4/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I live in Michigan. I leave my window shades open at night so the daylight can wake me up in the morning. I live on the second floor so I have a great view of the sky. During the winter here, the wind is consistently predictable. It blows from the north/northwest and the cloud movement is consistent with that direction. This morning, upon waking, I thought I was seeing things when the clouds were moving the opposite direction. I watched a perfectly sunny sky get dark within twenty minutes when the forecast predicted sunny skies for the day.I figured I would check the wind direction on radar and it would contradict my "view" but it did not. The wind direction is posted as coming from 180° S. It is so strange for this time of year that I felt compelled to post this. During the summer this would be normal; in fact, it would be more unusual to have a predictable pattern in the summer. I can't recall having ever witnessed a south wind in February (which goes against an incoming northeast front) in my life!

On another note...was there an eclipse last night? Thought I saw a sliver of the moon but it was difficult to tell while I was driving.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Item:

Are We Experiencing The Begin[sic] Of A New Ice Age?
by Arken
started on 2/5/2011 @ 04:46 AM

Excerpt from OP:

Originally posted by Arken
The shocking image below seems that come from a far, far past, but is not! It's today! Right Now! The image was released by the National Oceanic And Atmospheric Association (NOAA) and the map was created using multiple satellites from government agencies and the US Air Force. And seems, from news reports that It is the first time we have ever had Snow in and on the ground currently in 49 states in the U.S.A.

Souce: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 2/5/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join