It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AboveTopSecret.com is a Government COINTELPRO Disinformation Operation

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Skep... you gotta admit now that even after all these years, ATS would indeed be the best sort of facade/storefront op for maintaining contact intelligence on the world's most avid conspiracy theorists. And, as time has worn on, today's views from officially sanctioned marbled halls is that conspiracy theorists are indeed one of the enemies.

To be honest, I paid a price here about a year ago for going down this very avenue. I wasn't doing anything but noting the obvious... but, it eventually cost me in principle so, I really have no legit gripe.

My personal view is that I really don't care if ATS is a storefront op for the CIA or NSA or some other facet of the globalist/military/industrial complex. I like coming here and I like the people so... you have a willing victim if you are any of those things, lol.

That now said (again), there's little point in carrying it any further. ATS is whatever it is and we, who come here for so many differing reasons, appreciate whatever it is.

You may now now remove the listening device in my dog's collar... I confessed

edit on 21-4-2013 by redoubt because: typo repair

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by awake1234

Exactly!

All one has to do is look at all the CCTV cameras going up and how the government wants to read our emails without needing warrants. If they're interested in our email conversations, why wouldn't they be interested in what's being said in the public domain of these forums?
Bottom line: If the phone companies are forced to turn over texts and the internet providers must provide access to emails, who's to say that the government wouldn't come to ATS wanting to read a member's U2Us?
There is a pattern developing that clearly demonstrates that our privacy is becoming quite eroded. Looking at the trends, you are forced to ask yourself who's more paranoid? The government for wanting to see everything we're doing or those who think the government is up to no good? The answer is both, but who's psychosis is worse? After all, they do feed off of each other at this point. The world is becoming one big mental institution, but one side has the mental patients working as guards.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Out Of Operation

The preceding posts reinforce an ironic point I have also come to appreciate: that the question of whether AboveTopSecret.com is a Government COINTELPRO Disinformation Operation or not is becoming increasingly moot.

Everything we would expect from such an operation is already well underway virtually everywhere else on the Internet, and in many cases, they aren't even bothering to hide it -- though we can rest assured the majority of their efforts are not made public.

It's later than we think.

In Bill's first post to this thread, made over seven years ago, he offered examples of how our community exposes government shenanigans as evidence that ATS is not, in fact, in bed with the government. Since then, of course, we've seen how little that matters, and how persistent the notion is regardless of the distinct lack of evidence (well, credible evidence, anyway) to support it and abundance of evidence to the contrary.

And ultimately, it doesn't matter.

We are all being watched to some degree or another (definitely more than we know). If assuming ATS is a government front leads our members to be more aware of just how tenuous our last shreds of privacy are and inspires them to be more cautious about protecting their identities, then at least it may do some good.

edit on 4/21/2013 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Uh-huh. I'm a racist bigot for quoting Kryon as saying Jews carry the "karmic lineage of the earth." Whatever that means. I guess if you just pretend it is racist trash, it becomes one. After all, you blocked out what I said.

May I recommend that you put a sticky on every thread that says "anti-defmation league watchdog site." That way it is clear who is pulling the string around here...
edit on 22-4-2013 by Unferth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Unferth

If you don't like the site that much, and are so convinced it's controlled, then here's an idea for you... Don't let the door hit you on the way out. There are plenty of sites where you can only post things that agree with their point of view.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unferth
reply to post by Majic

You don't even want to explain why my comments are racists. What does that make you? Ignoring the topic = another form of racism.

I think this is why you're having difficulty understanding why some staff are saying you're racist, it's because you're not actually sure what racism is.

Ignoring a topic does NOT = racism!!

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Whether ATS is Cointelpro or not doesn't really matter seeing as just about everything we say and do is monitored. From the portable tracking devices most of us carry, through to the CIA-Facebook project, ATS is just one more source of information which can be used against you, should circumstances require it.

I hardly think it the 'smoking gun' some make it out to be.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I think this is why you're having difficulty understanding why some staff are saying you're racist, it's because you're not actually sure what racism is.

Ignoring a topic does NOT = racism!!

I bet I could say whatever I want about any other race except the Jews and it wouldn't be flagged or cause concern. However, when you say ANYTHING about them you get the please get out here diatribe instead of an actual discussion. There are plenty of posts on ATS about blacks and muslims which are way more offensive than what I said. They were not censored.

I expect this sort of behavior from any mainstream site but not from one that is aimed for conspiracy theorists. I expect you to make full disclosure about who your masters are so that people like me don't waste time here in the future.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Unferth

Nobody is forcing you to "waste time here". You are free to leave any time you want to. The owners of this site don't have to answer to anyone if they choose not to, just as people are free to sign up and leave if they want. Again, if you don't like it here, you're free to leave.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Unferth

Nobody is forcing you to "waste time here". You are free to leave any time you want to. The owners of this site don't have to answer to anyone if they choose not to, just as people are free to sign up and leave if they want. Again, if you don't like it here, you're free to leave.

I'd like it better if you left first. I've noticed a lot of users here with military esque avatars roaming around trying to put down legitimate questions. You must working for the government.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Unferth

Unferth, lets both you and I be honest for a minute, can we? I'd like to know if your still cross about Moses parting the sea and escaping Egypt, I'm starting to feel like you wish he and the rest of jews had been caught and forced to carry on their slavery to this day. I's that what it is?

Assuming the previous statement is not accurate on your views, I am left to wonder in quiet ponderance on why you feel the need to in layman's terms.... "Beat a dead horse". I think it's been clearly outlined that racism is a topic that even more than the moderators dislike is something that is often self regulated here by members as it's generally frowned upon across the board.

Your new here, why not reserve your judgment until you have had more time to digest a greater amount of content or feel free to use the search function to research topics that have been made before regarding jews or the jewish people? I think that you will find there has been a great amount of posts that discuss the subject and you just may find that ATS does not in fact have, well, "Jewish masters" whatever that means.

I'm just a regular member but I catch on pretty quick to things and I have to say coming from a neutral standpoint, I have never seen nor have even heard of any type of racism from the administration or moderators of this site. Everyone is different and has there own personal views on issues and free thinking is great but before you cry racism from the roof tops, perhaps you should try outlining your argument in a constructive thread of your authoring in the appropriate forum and I can almost guarantee that you will find your answers to who is exactly racist through peer review of your topic.

One thing you will never have a problem with here is finding peer review in regards to your threads, posts and ideas. It can be a great tool for self growth if used properly, try it.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by Unferth

I guess that is why you call yourself a "thread-killer"?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Ha! Shows your level of neutrality, There are ongoing threads about are all muslims terrorists on this site and every other site in America. I've also read posts here that said blacks are a different species than whites and gave examples to the reasoning.

I guess your policy is that I can't even repeat what others like David Icke say about Jews? Or even Esoteric mystics like Madame Blavatsky. Have you ever heard of Root Race theory? Not that I agree with them, but I can't even mention this stuff because this is a "self-moderated" site'? Well, guess what then.., keep your ignorant ass out my conversation. I don't care what you think or how little you use your faculties. That is all I want.

YES, you must have masters. Anybody who you can't criticize is your master quoting Volataire. You and all the OPS are loosing this argument big time. I hope new members get see this and decide for themselves.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Sampling Bias

I bet I could say whatever I want about any other race except the Jews and it wouldn't be flagged or cause concern. However, when you say ANYTHING about them you get the please get out here diatribe instead of an actual discussion. There are plenty of posts on ATS about blacks and muslims which are way more offensive than what I said. They were not censored.

I urge you to read this: Why Me?

Then I urge you to look very carefully at this. At the bottom of that page you can see who is currently online. Active staff members are in bold text. Compare what you see there with the rest of what appears on that page, and consider that even though we have a large staff, ATS is a big place and we are not gods who see and know everything.

Then I urge you to alert posts that violate our terms & conditions rather than complaining about them here.

I think we have been reasonably patient in answering your accusations, but I don't think your accusations are reasonable.

That Which Is Most Elusive

You don't have to believe us, you don't have to like us, and personally, I think it's always best to maintain healthy skepticism in all things, because frankly most of what you'll see here or anywhere else, on or off the Internet, is absolute bunk.

Truth is precious, lies are cheap.

I urge you to faithfully seek the truth, be skeptical of lies masquerading as the truth, and hope you may value it as much as I do. But that's not what you're doing.

You can make things up, try to force conclusions, redefine words and offend logic all you want, make a career of it even, as some have, and none of that will change the truth.

Or, you can draw inspiration from our site motto and avail yourself of the many benefits ATS membership offers, and if you honor the terms of your membership agreement, you will be as welcome here as any other member.

The Glass Half-Full

The ATS Community is very active and diverse, with members all over the world. We have lots of differing opinions, and there is no such thing as "ATS thinks this" or "ATS believes that". We are all different, all individuals, and every one of us has something to teach.

Ironically, though it is our greatest strength, it seems to be what you are objecting to.

You will find disagreement here. You may well find it uncomfortable. You may feel unfairly constrained by the terms & conditions, you may think we're all out to stifle your point of view and you can condemn ATS for what it is not.

Or you can take advantage of what it is.

If that's not what you want, fine. But complaining about it is a waste of your time, because that's what it is, and that's never going to change.

edit on 4/22/2013 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Sampling Bias

* Big quote removed. *

I don't know what your trip is with me (but I have outlined my theory above). I also don't need somebody telling me what truth is through one-line insults like your users. I am an adult. I have degrees and I am also in touch with my intuition.

I'd prefer it that you did not block my statements about Jews arbitrarily. As I said before, the only people my statements could offend are the ignorant.

edit on 4/22/2013 by Majic because: my post is right above yours. Don't worry, people can see it just fine, thanks. -- Majic

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Unferth

Oh of course. We have some kind of military background, so we must be government agents.

I call myself a thread killer for reasons that I don't have to explain, but have nothing to do with anything you care about.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

There are plenty of posts on ATS about blacks and muslims which are way more offensive than what I said. They were not censored.

I very-much doubt there is such about blacks that has gone unnoticed and not been actioned.

However, I'm not sure why you're lumping a religion (Islam) in with your discontent about racist bigotry. There are many "races" that practice Islam, just as there are many that practice Christianity and Judaism. While harsh criticism and analysis of religions will always be part of any conspiracy website... the same targeted at a specific "race" of people will not be tolerated.

Perhaps that is the core of your issue, not able to distinguish a religion from a "race" of people?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Perhaps that is the core of your issue, not able to distinguish a religion from a "race" of people?

Every so often I read something like that and it reminds me why I appreciate ATS. You go SO.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I could talk another million words

If it's about religion, please, do go on. I'd love to hear what you've got to say, especially if you are willing to diverge from your previous predilection towards notions of racism.

But, could you do so in another thread, please? This one is more about COINTELPRO. Looking forward to hearing your views on monotheistic prophets, from Akhnaton's first revelations up to those more currently popular. Don't bother with polytheism, though... it's too unpopular these days.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join