It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods Not Gods

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I've been seeing a recurring theme in the Complaints forum and various public threads which I would like to address: the idea that Mods See All.

It's easy to assume that everything posted to every public thread is immediately seen by all members of the staff, as if we're a sort of "choir invisible" privy to everything that happens on ATS the moment it happens.

Well, we're not. :shk:

Just like all other members (except for the Zeta Reticuloids, Reptilians, cryptids, spooks, zombies and AI constructs among us), we're only human, and we can only read so much.

Don't get me wrong: we spend most of our time reading. However, we can't read everything and don't claim to be able to.

So if you see a gross T&C violation in a thread, please don't freak out just because a mod hasn't seen it yet.

Rather, please help us out by using the ALERT feature available in the drop-down menu at the bottom of the member mini-profile to the left of each post.

This brings problems to our attention so we can do something about them.

And on that note, please bear in mind that even when you do ALERT a post or submit a complaint, what we decide to do about it may not be obvious. We might take action that's easy to see, like editing a post or issuing a warning, or we might decide to do something that's not easy to see, like sending a U2U or initiating some other response which may not be obvious to other members.

Remember: mods are not omniscient, omnipotent nor omnipresent.

But with your help, we'll do our best to provide the best environment possible for stimulating, candid and civil discussion of the kinds of issues most people don't talk about.

edit on 7/9/2011 by Majic because: Updated description of ALERT feature.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
However, we can't read everything and don't claim to be able to.

You....you mean that the mods don't have a secret room with thousands of computer screens on every thread refreshing every 2.5 seconds to see every single post?!

And I thought that ATS was technologicaly advanced

[edit on 3/3/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Wait just a sec!!!

I was promissed that once I turned over all of my money, my wordly posessions, my first born and reached the 5th circle of greyness after the 33rd degree that I would at least be omniscient and that once I toiled with that I would get my super cape of omnipotence!!!

Oh!... and I want my soul back!!!!

I'm so disappointed... :shk:

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Who thought such of you then? And I thought the "Super" bit of your role meant you were a bit special Majic.

Near to the 3 millionth post this must be.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This is amusing. When I read the subject line I thought it was someone complaining about heavy-handed moderation.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by apex
I thought the "Super" bit of your role meant you were a bit special Majic.

Rumour has it, they've got special tin foil underpants to wear on the outside of the regulation ATS jumpsuit..... while on duty only of course.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hmm, guess this kills the myth of the omniscient ATS mods.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Well, if you say so - still, I am not taking down my ATS altar to the Mods. It took me 2 years and 700 rolls of tin foil to build it!

Seriously though, I know there are only so many of you and I think you all do a great job. Every now and then I see something that I think a mod needs to know about so I use the complain/suggest button.

Question: How many times can a member use that button before they begin to look like a whiney, thin-skinned, goody-two-shoed, pain in the bum?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I'm so very disappointed...

I had no idea you all were human..

What ever will we do???

HELP!!!!

Semper

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What? ...Mods are not Gods?

Did Simon get this memo?

Either way, you guys do one helluva job and we, as members, are lucky to have you guys. (n Gals!)

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
What? ...Mods are not Gods?

Did Simon get this memo?

Either way, you guys do one helluva job and we, as members, are lucky to have you guys. (n Gals!)

[edit on 3-3-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
Question: How many times can a member use that button before they begin to look like a whiney, thin-skinned, goody-two-shoed, pain in the bum?

23 times is the absolute limit, then S.O. and Simon come to your house and each give you a wedgie.....

Wait? Mods can't be everywhere all at once? Im SHOCKED! I thought for sure that you all were everywhere all the time!

well even though you can't always be everywhere you all do a great job and we apreciate all that you do here.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
On your Knees, You dare question the Godliness of the great, and powerful UM?

Bring me the broom of the wicked witch of ATS, and I will grant you one, and only one wish.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
On your Knees, You dare question the Godliness of the great, and powerful UM?

Bring me the broom of the wicked witch of ATS, and I will grant you one, and only one wish.

my ex wife is on ATS? Whats here screen name?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Alls I can say is...

The view is great!

Rah...Rah...Bip...Boo...Bah!

That picture is really getting a work out these last few weeks.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
yes:

only "they see ALL"

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Alls I can say is...

The view is great!

Rah...Rah...Bip...Boo...Bah!

That picture is really getting a work out these last few weeks.

LOL, I was just messing with you.

I agree with what you said, the mods do a great job.

CHEER

or CHEERS

[edit on 3-3-2007 by thehumbleone]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hey no hard feelings. I'll just keep an eye out for when you log off, and then proceed to talk endlessly behind your back about how much I despise you.

Joking of course. All in good fun.

I think it is time we retire that one though and look long and hard for a fresh one.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Yet another cherished myth goes down hard. I am so disappointed...

You mean all this time I was working under the assumption that all the Mods and Supers were superhumanly perceptive, I was wrong!!!?. Well, I am at a loss for words...

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
oh NOW I understand,not all the staff members are Gods,just the Admins!
Have any of you mods build some temples for us to worship them?
I can picture it-a statue of the 3 Amigos,each having the All Seeing Eyes over ATS,BTS,AP.
Do the mods sacrifice some members for the 3 Amigos ritual?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join