It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Content Tagging is Here!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Dr love , be funny in posts, and useful in tagging-if you can be both funny and useful in tagging-that would be great.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by think2much
I merely just wanted to state for those interested in tagging-that an abundance of slang silly stuff isn't useful...it defeats the purpose when you realize what tagging is for...it's not for getting cheap points it's for referencing similar threads, so unuseful tagging is quite anoying to see...

You are on the money with the above, think2much...

The intent of the tags are lost when they cease to be the means for a search engine.

Several thousand useless tags will serve no other purpose than to take up bandwidth because they were never intended to be used for cross-referencing.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Mods, I really really really really really really want to start some drama right now. Just know that my love for this board is the only thing keeping from letting the thunderbolts fly.

Peace

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Mods, I really really really really really really want to start some drama right now. Just know that my love for this board is the only thing keeping from letting the thunderbolts fly.

Peace

Was it something I wrote, Dr Love?

If there is an issue related to tagging you'd wish to air out, then this is the perfect thread for it.

But, can't we do it without drama?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Peace

What thunderbolts, what drama? u2u me if this has somehow upset you so personally with me that you cannot discuss it here, and we'll resolve it that way personally, and move on.

I had no beef with you personally-I do have a beef with useless tags.

I used your tag anonymously as an example to other members, never trying to police tags for mods, or turn you in, or asking mods to get involved.

I further explained this addressing you personally already I thought, that it was never intended to flush you out, but to merely be an example to others of what not to do-and why.

I appologize for my irriated dramatics in doing so-I was irritated.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Doc... You causin' troubles again man? Don't make me come down to Texas and whoop up on ya now!!! I'll go Happy Gilmour on you in a sec my man.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
In many ways I don't want to get involved in this.

But stop your bitching and go do some tagging.......
If Dr Love felt that the tag was of value, let it stand. Tag the thread with something you feel denotes the subject of the thread more clearly.

Think2much has added 36 tags.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I've tagged maybe twenty threads............TOTAL! Each one a varitable masterpiece.........like a fine watch, built to stand the test of time.

I will continue to try and be funny, it is the will of the people.

Peace

This post just has to be seen again.

classic!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
In many ways I don't want to get involved in this.

But stop your bitching and go do some tagging.......
If Dr Love felt that the tag was of value, let it stand. Tag the thread with something you feel denotes the subject of the thread more clearly.

I did tag the thread myself, anxietydisorder, but I will clarify again, this was not about bitching-I don't go around bitching about everything here. Nor was this ever about Dr Love specifically-or ever intended to be-he addressed the quote about himself and I tried to make it clear it wqs never personal.

I try to be selective about tagging-if there are sufficient pertinent tags on a thread, I don't bother adding yet another one. I do not feel the need to tag every thread I come to. I think my 36 tags as you point out would show I try to be selective.

However, I am not trying to compare my tagging to others, it's just I often find either a zillion tags or just a bunch of crap written for points, humor, boredom... whatever ...tags that are silly and/or will never have value in searching or cross referencing content, and I just don't think it's beneficial.

So again, my point here was nothing against Dr Love, nothing trying to pat myself on the back or cause drama. Yes, I vented but it was a vent with a cause...not intended to be dram drama drama..

Simply it was to point out that silly tagging shouldn't continue as it isn't beneficial. Thats it in a nuitshell. No slams against Dr Love. Not threads cited..

Hopefully in all the drama that has ensued my main point hasn't been lost, which is intended for those who haven't been tagging correctly, and even more so, to those have yet to tag...not to spend their time trying to out-do others wit and silliness in tagging threads-but hopefully realize it is for adding specific content related nomenclature to tie the content into other threads of similar content.

I give up in trying to make this point though.

Dr Love it was never about you!

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

Wait a minute, you can actually tell how many threads a person has tagged? How many threads have I tagged? I used the link in your sig almost daily.

Edit: D'oh! NVM, I read the back pages

[edit on 23-2-2006 by Beachcoma]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma

Wait a minute, you can actually tell how many threads a person has tagged? How many threads have I tagged?

"Beachcoma has added 194 total tags."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I have two questions.

1. Do you get points if there is already a tag on a certian thread?
and
2. When its wike six months a year - is that from the first post or the last

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by miss_gymnast004
1. Do you get points if there is already a tag on a certian thread?
and
2. When its wike six months a year - is that from the first post or the last

Yes, you get points for adding a tag or tags to a thread already having tags.
By putting your own tags on the thread it increases the ability of others to find the content they're looking for in a search.
If you want to find threads with no tags on them yet, look in my signature line below and click on that link. This will take you to a list of 500 links to untagged threads.

Not sure about question number 2..........

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by miss_gymnast004

2. is that from the first post or the last

It seems to me that it's from when the thread was started.

posted on Feb, 26 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
We are so close to 25% of threads tagged, and we're so close to 100,000 tags.
We're also close to having 50,000 board threads tagged.

There are a total of 97316 total tags on 48095 board threads. 24.9% of all ATS threads are tagged by members. Tag Search

I just want to encourage all members to add a few tags today.

Click the link in my sig. line for board threads that have no tags yet............

[edit on 26/2/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

There are a total of 98205 total tags on 48482 board threads. 25% of all ATS threads are tagged by members.

WOOHHOOO!!I see in my absence we have reached 25% of threads tagged! Good job everyone, Time to Parhtey!!

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
DustintheWind has added 9304 total tags.

Your tag count is keeping me going, just to stay ahead.
You need less than 700 tags to reach 10,000.

I hope SkepticOverlord has big plans to make use the tags we've put in.
It's been a large investment of time.

You and I will be the only members to add 10,000+ tags, and I think we'll hold that for a while...

posted on Feb, 28 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yes sir I am not letting anyone catch me for the same reason you are staying ahead of me! I like competition every once in a while.

I'll will have to wait for you to pass out if I am gonna catch up, that or 3 of the 4 comps you have break down.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
DustintheWind has added 14259 total tags.

I vow to regain the title.
NOW THE RACE IS ON..............

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I consider myself a pretty diligent tagger, but I can't hold a candle to some with my 3400 some odd tags. What I find surprising is that only 855 members have tagged and that only 25% of the tags are from members.

Does that seem kind of odd to others?

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join