It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Content Tagging is Here!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpottWhat I find surprising is that only 855 members have tagged and that only 25% of the tags are from members.
Does that seem kind of odd to others?

26% of all ATS threads are tagged by members.

That line means that members have tagged a total of 26% of all ATS/BTS/PTS threads with at least one tag. Every one of those tags were placed by an ATS member, so that's 100% placed by members, but 26% of total threads tagged to this date by the members.
The public can't tag an ATS thread............

Edit: spelling

[edit on 4/3/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Okay, I guess if you know that, it makes sense, but that's not really what it says.

So, about three quarters of the threads remain to be tagged. That's got to be a bunch.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
194,349 total board threads.
50,558 total tagged threads.
143,791 total untagged threads.
106,444 total tags placed to date.

Lots of work to be done yet.

TOP TAGGERS

DustinthWind---------- 14,259
anxietydisorder-------- 13,048
Seekerof------------------ 6,657
masqua------------------- 4,613
BO XIAN------------------- 4,490
AceOfBase---------------- 4,304
chissler-------------------- 3,441
GradyPhilpott------------ 3,424

Total---------------------- 54,236

I think that's all the members with more than 2,000 tags.
8 people have done over half the tagging.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
S.O. is there anyway you can provide a link to just list untagged threads for a specific forum?

If you could display just untagged ATSNN threads they could be all tagged in a couple of days.

If you did this then people could just tag their favourite forums like Science and Technology, Aircraft Projects, etc...

I'm not sure if it's possible.
I'm just throwing the idea out there.

[edit on 5-3-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I like AceOfBase's idea for being able to bring up specific forums, maybe even just splitting up Politics, BelowTopSecret and AboveTopSecret, Because sometimes I would like to see/read more threads,for instance, in Politics but I have to trudge along myself to find multiple untagged threads, the current grouped together 500 untagged threads page only displays, give or take, 10% from the politics forum, 25% from BelowTopSecret and the rest for AboveTopSecret.

posted on Mar, 5 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You can also just enter any forum and tag all the threads you want. It doesn´t matter if a thread is tagged (by others) already. Then you´ll add other additional tags instead.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
As hellmutt is saying,

the best way to find a bunch of these threads untagged in a topic that is interested to you is to enter it on ATS, BTS or PTS and probably go to the middle pages somewhere.

The terrorism section probably has say 200 pages. If you go to page maybe 140, you will find ALOT of thread without tags. The beginning of the section and the ends are normally tagged,

Try checking out the middle

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
What about broken links etc...what about those threads where it's an opening post and no links, no replies-or the links like I said are broken, page no longer available etc and no replies?

I mean tagging is for categorizing for easier searches, and cross referencing, I do understand, but isn't it a way to clean house too? Or is that seen as some kind of No-No to think of deleting posts?

I mean I'm not saying someone's opinion of something worthless, I can realize that would be a no-no, but really just all the threads that aren't viable because of one statement and no links or broken ones...or one closed -shut right down because another thread was currently going on re:the same subject.

What have the rest of you been doing when coming to threads like this? Should they be tagged about the topic when it gives the reader nothing to read? or "broken link" and thus marked for deletion?

...yeah I know.ultimately ..more work for the mods if someone had to go through all "broken links" to see they truly all were just an opening paragraph and broken link...but someone has to be into general cyber housecleaning, no?

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
think2much, I've been tagging threads like those with the tag 'trashbin' or 'trash bin' (without quotes).

I don't do it for the repeat threads because they may still contain some useful information but I do it to threads that contain no useful information.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thats what I've been tagging them with as well. 'Trash bin' should make it easy for admin/mods to find these useless threads and get rid of them.

We need to be careful, though, that we don't tag a thread as trash if it has even a little bit of good information in it...a tagger could wind up losing 1000 points...

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Funny this issue has come up, because I've been wondering about it for a while.
I've been tagging some of those threads with "blank thread" because I was going to bring that up with a mod. once I had collected a few of them.

If you look at the ones I've marked with that tag you'll see nothing is there, and I too was hoping that a bit of house cleaning could be done.
Perhaps a mod could address this issue.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   

DustintheWind has added 20084 total tags.

Ok, 20,000 tags.

I think I am done for a while, carpal tunnel is setting in now........

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I vow to regain the title.
NOW THE RACE IS ON..............

What happened with you Anx? I have not seen much action from you for a little while now.

[edit on 3/21/2006 by DustintheWind]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:40 AM
link   
BREAKING 20,000 IS MASSIVE...........

[size=20]WOW!!!!

I'm still doing some tagging, but I've grown somewhat disheartened.
I hope that with the newly appointed staff, (new Mods, and stuff), that Admin has time to make a search box on the main page.
Or maybe a box inside the ATS Search Page that is just for tags.
I don't think enough members are aware of the value of tags, and a search box would allow people to see how adding a tag would lead them, and others, back to the information they were looking at.

I'd hate to see all this work go to waste, and Admin has been very quiet on the subject for a long time.
I'm starting to wonder what will become of this.......

But for now, I think I'll go do some tagging.

[edit on 21/3/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

I'm still doing some tagging, but I've grown somewhat disheartened.
I hope that with the newly appointed staff, (new Mods, and stuff), that Admin has time to make a search box on the main page.
Or maybe a box inside the ATS Search Page that is just for tags.
I don't think enough members are aware of the value of tags, and a search box would allow people to see how adding a tag would lead them, and others, back to the information they were looking at.

I'd hate to see all this work go to waste, and Admin has been very quiet on the subject for a long time.
I'm starting to wonder what will become of this.......

The lack of any response and the lack of incorporation into the search page have stopped me from tagging old threads but I still tag new threads that I read.

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Do my best go back in time on threads and tag threads what are intresting too me

posted on Mar, 26 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
A very "quick and dirty" method for an accurate search on any word...

Just type in the URL: www.abovetopsecret.com/tags/ + [your word] + .html

Like this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and so on...

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Even if there was "abuse" to some of the tags, wouldn't some of the "good" tags on the same threads be the ones that would be searched? What does it matter that some idiot (including me, since I did once, and got 1000 ATS points taken away
) tagged something stupidly when there would be many more other tags for the same thread that would be considered useful?

Just my .02. I think you should implement the tagging for points again.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The tagging system still works. You just don't get points. So, yes, the good tags will still work.

I don't know how many warnings people had to stop inappropriate tagging. How many warnings do adults need? But the points seemed to be an incentive to tag like maniacs and inappropriately.

Feel free to tag.
For the sake of tagging.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It's been months since I've been on here . . . . just a chore to navigate compare to FreeRepublic.com.

I built up a lot of points tagging threads. Now I see that's not an option. What ways are left for earning points?

I have this gnawing feeling that for some reason my points are being whittled away even when I'm not here. Any way to stop that, if so?

Blessings,

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
What ways are left for earning points?

You have over 47,000 ATS points... how much more do you need"

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join