It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Content Tagging is Here!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

You need a KVM switch man.
You can free up a lot of desk space.

I've never heard of such a thing, so I had to look it up.

KVM Switch - Short for keyboard, video, mouse switch, a hardware device that enables a single keyboard, video monitor and mouse to control more than one computer one at a time.

Thanks for the tip, though I like all the screens running so I can see what's going on, having only one keyboard and one mouse would be helpful.
I'm gonna shop around for one.

I'm doing a bit of late night tagging right now and I see the day has brought the total of tags to over 40,000 and that a few more members are adding tags. (441 Members have added tags)
We now have 12.1% of all threads with at least 1 tag on it.

WAY TO GO EVERYONE, CHEERS..........

EDIT:

originally posted by masqua, I doubt anyone will ever catch up to anxiety disorder with his high tech comp-array.

My "high tech comp-array" is mostly stuff I've hobbled together from parts I get wherever I can find them cheap. But it all works pretty good, and there's very little I can't do with it. If you wan't to see the computer I built out of a microwave oven for the kitchen take a look at this thread I started a couple months ago.

Members Doing Mods. Revisited....... (with pictures)

[edit on 2/1/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Al Davison

Now, "plane crashes" - that's not one that I understand for how it relates to this thread but, perhaps someone else really does understand. My best guess is that it was a joke but, I could be wrong.

Ok, I did it. Mea culpa.
I added the "plane crashes" tag, but I also got slammed 1,000 points for it and the tag was then removed. I didn´t know about any penalty system at the time when I added it (Dec 18th). It was partly a joke, but it was also to show you (in this thread about tags) how a "tag-page" could look like with more than just one thread listed. You see, almost all the tags before I added "plane crashes" had only one thread mentioned in them. Click any of the tags at the bottom of this page and you´ll see what I mean. Then click the "plane crashes" to see the difference...

Oh, btw. This is not a complaint. I was wrong when I did it. So sorry. Keep tagging.

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I am almost of the opinion that if the threads were tagged in COSMIC and ATS Council forums, we could probably get another 1-2+% bump.

Granted they cannot be search accessed, but....

Other than that, still trudging along.

seekerof

[edit on 2-1-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Seekerof has added 4026 total tags

Yeah, maybe the staff can tag their own forums.
Anyone can type "rats" and see the thread titles, but without paying the points for access they can't read the threads. The same would go for those forums.

I'd be willing to tag them myself, but that's just my own curious interest to see what goes on behind the scenes. I just know there has to be some good stuff in there.

Edit: I can't spell

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Surely you jest...

The real mad tagger here is you, fast approaching 9000.
Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids.

WTG, mate.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
OCD

I'll try to hit the 9,000 tonight............

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
WOW
almost 13000 tags between two members,thats insane, I'll have to get 8 comps just to keep up now!
I have barely reached 2000!
and that's with going about 3 hrs per night,guess I'll need to learn to type faster

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The work adds up in the end, DustintheWind.
Teamwork, community, and comradeship, at least within this forum, is what matters.

seekerof

[edit on 2-1-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You got that right seekerof.

This is the best place to find that in my opinion!

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

DustintheWind has added 2047 total tags.

I think only 5-6 members have posted more than 2000 tags.

The project needs more board promotion so that more members are involved.

EDIT: 2080 total tags
EDIT: 2168 total tags

posted on Jan, 2 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Ya, I am lost in the tag world

I.. just... can't.... stop........

But it has been very enlightening to read all the other posts I would never have read otherwise.

BACK TO TAGG'N

Maybe a tag counter can be added under the points total of the members who tag?

[edit on 2-1-2006 by DustintheWind]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DustintheWind

But it has been very enlightening to read all the other posts I would never have read otherwise.

Maybe a tag counter can be added under the points total of the members who tag?

DustintheWind has added 2275 total tags.

The "enlightening" threads are starting to clutter my bookmark file because there are so many I mark to go back and read. So much of the early ATS posts are worth resurrection, if only for the newbies.
Perhaps the tags will lead new members back to some of the old data and there will be a little less rehashing of old topics.

And I like the idea of a "tag counter", or some sort of numerical list of taggers.
It's not because I have the most, but it would be nice to see a bit of competition between the members.
(I'm watching a few of you.... And you know who I mean......... )
Yes, I'm watching your numbers....

Perhaps some contest for people not tagging yet would bring in more members.
EXAMPLE: 50,000th tag = 50,000 points (a one off)
As we get closer to 50,000, more members would try to hit that tag.

Anything that would bring more members into tagging threads.
Toss your ideas into the ring.........

(Our SkepticOverlord is watching this thread.....)

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
As I've been tagging, I noticed some of the older threads had Chinese characters placed here and there. A few days ago I saw one in the last post of this thread

I've no idea if this is important or not...I've U2U'd admins about it.

Have any other taggers noticed these random characters as they scanned threads?

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have masqua.
Not many, but a couple.
I simply tagged the thread and moved on.

seekerof

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Not many, but a couple.

Yup...there's not many like that, I've noticed about a half dozen so far.

I didn't think anything of it myself either, at first...but then I thought about embedded encryption, spies and internet vehicles. My mind got stuck on the idea that a large board like this could be used to carry messages covertly.

Probably nothing...but I thought I'd bring it up anyways.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
As I've been tagging, I noticed some of the older threads had Chinese characters placed here and there. A few days ago I saw one in the last post of this thread

I've no idea if this is important or not...I've U2U'd admins about it.

Have any other taggers noticed these random characters as they scanned threads?

Those are fancy quote marks instead of regular quote marks.

There was a change made to the board a while back that made special characters, like curved quotes, appear as weird black triangles.

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I will gladly admit one thing I have significantly noticed: the idea of tagging has greatly increased the interest, and thus commentary, in older topics. In other words, as we tag them, they then are seen under the 'Recent Member Tags,' selected by members, and then resurrected with new commentary and thought.

Definately a and the most effective way I have yet seen devised and implemented to get the 'old' ATS threads reintroduced into the 'new' ATS mainstream. Most assuredly, tagging [the process thereof] will create more interest, threads look at [thread traffic], and post counts.

Hmm, on second thought, SkepticOverlord and Springer may want to go ahead and start planning another site upgrade.

seekerof

[edit on 3-1-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I will gladly admit one thing I have significantly noticed: the idea of tagging has greatly increased the interest, and thus commentary, in older topics. In other words, as we tag them, they then are seen under the 'Recent Member Tags,' selected by members, and then resurrected with new commentary and thought.

I haven't seen anything called 'recent member tags'.
Where is that?

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   
this is in regards to users of satellite internet,
If you lose your connection alot like I do when I am tagging threads, and you try to refresh the page sometimes the tag will be double posted with the words you just typed, this has happened to me a couple of times now and wanted others to be aware of this happening. Also you can open multiple windows of the same thread and TAG it with more than 30 characters. I would advise against doing this because I am sure the tags are monitored and you will get them removed and lose points! Just a heads up to all you TAGGERS out there!

I u2u'd SO and Mirthful about this issue also.

BACK TO TAGG'N!!

posted on Jan, 3 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I just opened one of my old threads in 3 separate tabs.
I was able to place all the below tags on the one thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe we should have a ruling from Higher Up on this, if we are allowed to use this practice while tagging.

I know I'd love to add more than what we are limited to (30), to many of the threads I tag.

EDIT:

If you lose your connection

I'm on dial-up on this computer, and it does drop the connection sometimes.
But after I reconnect I just submit the tagged pages I had open with no problem. No need to refresh. And sometimes I have as many as 25 ATS pages open in multiple tabs.
I don't think the system allows two duplicate tags in one thread, but I might have to go test that.

[edit on 3/1/2006 by anxietydisorder]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join