It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Content Tagging is Here!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Maybe if their was a page and link listing the taggers in two columns, one by alphabetical order as is now but also another showing the top taggers. That might make some a little bit competitive and increase tagging a bit. A top 50 and top 75 list? It's just a thought I had I'm throwing out.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Is there a way to add a couple more characters for people to work with when tagging?

The are many threads that require multiple tags but I'm unable to tag them properly.

For instance on a thread mentioning pakistan selling nuclear weapons.
I'd like to tag it as such:

paistan, nuclear proliferation

Or even:
pakistan, nuclear proliferation, north korea

Both of those are too long for the current system so I have to use tags that are less detailed.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Maybe if their was a page and link listing the taggers in two columns, one by alphabetical order as is now but also another showing the top taggers. That might make some a little bit competitive and increase tagging a bit. A top 50 and top 75 list? It's just a thought I had I'm throwing out.

I like the idea of a numerical list, it should give people incentive to add a few tags to get up a few notches on the list.

As of about 4:30 PM EST

The top ten dogs barking at my heals are:

chissler....................................................1869
Masqua...................................................1683
AceOfBase...............................................1495
One Man Short of Manhood.......................784
benevolent tyrant......................................765
Seekerof....................................................730
GradyPhilpott.............................................691
FlyersFan...................................................685
Umbrax......................................................655
Yeahright...................................................654

The stats stand at..........

32773 total tags.
17981 board threads have been tagged.
9.7% of all threads tagged.
419 members have contributed tags.

IMHO, I think this is going pretty well...........

So much done, but so much left to do.
Back to tagging................

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
where can you get that tag list at anxiety?
It would be neat to see how many I have tagged

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Here you go, mate and partner in crime:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

seekerof

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Thanks SeekerOf!!anxiety sure is killin those tags!

Don't know if I can catch that!

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
He is cheating.
Rumors have it he has 4 computers in the same room.

Yeah, he is kicking some behind.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
LOL!!
He prolly has some BOT program going thru all the threads and adding the tags!

Just Kidding!!awesome job Anxiety!

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
He is cheating.
Rumors have it he has 4 computers in the same room.

Yeah, he is kicking some behind.

seekerof

OK, I just had to turn around and smile when you said that, I'm gonna sweep the place for hidden cameras....................

EDIT: I removed my photo, I only wanted to show Seekerof something.

[edit on 31/12/2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
ROFLMAO.

Holy crapola.
Not sure what to say.

Lucky guess?

seekerof

[edit on 31-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   
But if not, that was a damn lucky guess. The main desk I use has 4 computers.
The rest are just scattered around...........

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Lets go with lucky guess, cause no one is going to buy me having clairvoyant or remote viewing abilities.

I am still amazed.
Your worse than my brother-in-law, geesh.

seekerof

[edit on 31-12-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I dumped the photo that I was talking about with Seekerof, but then thought it wouldn't be fare to others that read this thread, and who cares anyway.....
I'll put it back in:
It's a crappy snap of me, and I have my headphones on, but what the hell.....

I've never put my image on the net before, but it will give context to the last few posts.

I do want say though, that only one computer is connected to ATS at any one time. The other machines have other work to do.
I use the ID of "anxietydisorder" and I have the most obvious sock puppet on the www, "My Sock Puppet". But I clearly identify that persona with my other ID on the ATS boards, and rarely use it.

I think this tagging project will have far reaching benefits to the ATS Universe.
I know SkepticOverlord will come up with some creative ways to use the information that the members add as they tag.

It would be nice to see 100% of threads tagged by the end of January, but I don't think that's realistic. I see new threads started everyday, and the author of the thread doesn't even add a tag.

Maybe the PTS advert should be rotated with an ad that has a link to the 500 random threads that need tagging page.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or we could have a button on the main page that leads us to the new tagging pages that show stats on the tags and taggers.
I bookmarked the main pages for my own use, but link buttons on the main pages would be better.

Threads That Need Tags
Members That Tag
All Tags

Go Forth And Tag....................................
Every tag benifits all ATS users.......

[edit on 31/12/2005 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Nice set-up, Anxiety Disorder...looks like the bridge on the USS Enterprise you've got set up there beside the fireplace.

I'm enjoying the tagging process. The more I do, the more interesting threads I find (which I shortcut to my homepage to read again later). What is amazing is the quality of the posts from 2003...no wonder ATS grew so fast. The 'early members' deserve a lot of credit.

The shortcut SO made to the 500 threads which need tagging is an easy way to work, for those who haven't tried it...and it gives you a range of old and new threads to tag. I you start at the top and work your way down, you are getting a broad range and not just focussing on the older threads.

I think SO is looking for 25% (about) of the threads tagged in order to have enough for the new search engine to work, so I doubt 100% is necessary. At just over 10%, we're not even half way there.

Glad to see Chissler, Ace of Base, Seekerof, (et al) getting into the game in a big way.
This is a lot of work, and time consuming at that. Nobody knows that better than you, Anxiety Disorder. There's lots more that are stepping into the process, but I still see a lot of the 400+ taggers just have 1 or 2 tags done.

Tag, you're it!!!

edit to fix bold characters...I just got out of bed...

[edit on 31-12-2005 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Just clocking-in.

I wish everyone a Happy New Years, especially to those of us doing some serious tagging.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I agree with masqua, I've come across some really good, informative posts from the early years.
I've been trying to tag more threads but I keep getting sidetracked with all these great posts I've never seen before.

posted on Dec, 31 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just too much going on, but I did notice that there are 20,000 board threads tagged now. Someone is doing some tagging tonight.

Only 165,735 board threads left to tag, so get em while they're hot.

I'll be back to tagging tommorow with a vengance........

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I dumped the photo that I was talking about with Seekerof, but then thought it wouldn't be fare to others that read this thread, and who cares anyway.....

You need a KVM switch man.
You can free up a lot of desk space.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
We now have over 11% of all threads tagged.

There are a few users like Masqua, AnxietyDisorder and Seekerof who have over 2,000 tags each.

I have around 1,800 and I'll see if I can reach 2,000 tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
I have around 1,800 and I'll see if I can reach 2,000 tomorrow.

With another dedicated dozen like you, we could be up to 25% soon.

Like I said earlier, I'm really enjoying the random threads feature. I start at the top and tag each one as I work down. I wish more would take a half hour and do a batch.

I doubt anyone will ever catch up to anxiety disorder with his high tech comp-array.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join