It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Echelon keywords

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I see we are not looking at this the same way.
I agree that the system exists and it does look for certain words and combinations. I don't believe that the list presented is in any way reflective of the true database.
That's all, really. This list looks like the work of someone who originally had lots of subjects and then needed to make stuff up to fill in the middle. Not really worth arguing about.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
is there any real evidence supporting the existanceof echelon? from what i have researched echelon is just rumored or is this being confused for the very real carnivore system?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phyberoptik
is there any real evidence supporting the existanceof echelon? from what i have researched echelon is just rumored or is this being confused for the very real carnivore system?

archive.aclu.org...
www.heise.de...

-B.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Well I don't see the words energy_wave in that mess so at least i can sleep at night.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
it might be a cool project in the research forum to try to find out whats so important about every one of those words. if everybody does a few, we'll be done in no time at all.

[Edited on 18-9-2003 by AlienS]

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
These key words arent totally bogus. you have to rember in cintext,. what may seem silly to you, is serious biz to say, a terro group.

Like the key words "big pink slipper crammed up my ass" could be the code word for an attack, greeting ect.

But also, these words are used so they can basically sniff everyones email period. Eschelon is a govornment control system. they want everyones email, guilty or not.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
hmm didn't see Fnord on the list.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
hmm also noted nowhere.ch
I think I will check that out now.

ooops hang on gotta answer the door.

[Edited on 21-9-2003 by NephraTari]

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Thanks banshee. good info

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Like the key words "big pink slipper crammed up my ass" could be the code word for an attack, greeting ect.

We learn something about our fellow members every day!

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a
b
c
d
and

I haven't looked at the list for long, but to me it seems to combine sensitive words with common words. The GCHQ in the UK is public knowledge, although we don't actually know anything about it, except it's a huge spying machine in Cheltenham.

www.globalsecurity.org...#

"What is Echelon?
A global network of electronic spy stations that can eavesdrop on telephones, faxes and computers. It can even track bank accounts. This information is stored in Echelon computers, which can keep millions of records on individuals.
Officially, however, Echelon doesn't exist. Although evidence of Echelon has been growing since the mid-1990s, America flatly denies that it exists, while the UK government's responses to questions about the system are evasive."

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 28 2003 @ 03:34 PM
link   

We learn something about our fellow members every day!

Ive said too much! MA and the feds will be at my doorstep with big fluffy hot pink pig slippers and.....

They are on to me! They have discovered how I have evaded mind control....its not the tin foil hats...

ITS THE MISS PIGGY SLIPPERS!

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
it could be protectin btls, ie lets kill bubba the love sponge

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Actually its my understanding that the Carnivore/Echelon system does not capture whole emails, but rather the headers, whcih contain the sender, reciever, relays, encoding, and subject lines. Its also not a broad use system, but rather once a suspect or suspects have been determines, the unit is attached to a network between the two parties and set to filter their emails using the wordlist. Actually the concept of carnivore is fairly simple now, as any high end linux computer with a packet sniffer and some clever scripting can do just as good a job, and probably cost a hell of a lot less.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Damn, people!!! I cant even count how many times I have emailed, or typed one of those words. I used to be all into bombs, particularly Nuclear ones, something about them fasinated me. I used to send emails to my friends about them, I was even screwing around on the CIA's website, and send them an email about Nuclear missles, asking them if they could send me a map of all of the known missle sites in the midwest so that I and some friends could go see them, (broke into an abandoned one). They never emailed me back, but then agian, im still here, nothing has ever happened, they didnt land a helicopter in my back yard and break down my door. I could honestly care less, they should be more worried about themselves getting blown up more than inocent people. I hate this government, and I would leave this country if I had the money to do it.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
www.surveilled.net... has the list as its background. I was trying to get on some of the websites on the list but only a few worked, the ip address was part of radegond.ie.org but that doesn't work.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Since this system was brought up I was wondering if it could dectect words written in MS paint or something like this example:

Does anyone know?

It would be easy to write stuff and attach it to an email with an innocent name like "picture of dog" and just send it to bypass the sensors wouldn't it?

[edit on 7/12/2005 by hatchedcross]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Or make it a txt but rename it to .jpg then upload it to your webhost, then the person downloads the .jpg then renames it to .txt.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Notice that "UFO" is in the list. I thought they said they don't exist ?

[edit on 15/7/2005 by Musclor]

fue

posted on Feb, 21 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
This post really made me giggle. It goes hand in hand with the idea that you can email yourself containing the words "Kill bush, assassinate, bomb" then email yourself again with just a few simple words together. The truth is it doesn't work. Its a passive system, you can't jam it or overload it. You just make the analysts frustrated. Funny. God is watching and he's probably behind the couch.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join