It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Thing in Post

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
BTW, wecomeinpeace is a DUDE!

So many red herrings...

[edit on 2005-10-24 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
ok this is getting out of hand , now im seeing them almost everytime i refresh to see new posts.

7:53 am

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
This is not a mod prank, even they have no idea what is going on...

probably the FBI again, i wouldn't be suprised

What makes you think that the mods would tell you if it was a prank?
As far as the FBI goes, they would not waste time screwing with this website like this, if there was an issue, all us American users would be getting interviewed in the next 72 hours by local branch officers.

I would put it more to it being a virus from a disgruntled ex-member that was perhaps unfairly turned in to the authorities and has a few connections to mess with the system, or a good ghost in the machine story a week before Halloween. Which do you think is most viable, really?

Originally posted by masqua

keep posting, then, McGuirk...this thread has generated more posts from me than anything else in my 16 months of being here.
You're pretty sharp and we can use all the help we can get on this

I was not aware that you received any points for posting in board questions and business, what is up with that?

Originally posted by masqua
I still think that this is a 'follow the breadcrumbs' game being played and has to do with the pilot ATS television series.

TV series, where did this come from, where and when is this going to be on?

Originally posted by McGuirk

a time of chaos and agony is upon you and all of whom read these words and look back to the day the whispers sought to teach and lend aid to those who seek in hallways of fear and doubt.
(once again still working on this part... abaddon is hell most literally...)

Abaddon is also the Apollion the “destroyer” released from the pit in Revelations.

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
And beware of FSME's that pretend to know more than they do in regards to moderator mischief... If this was a hack or other unsanctioned activity, it would be over by now already..........

Agreed, if this was anything significant, they would have pulled the site already, like they did in the Nan’s thing with the other site, and would be getting IP logs. The mods silence speaks volumes; this is a ghost story (the ghost of a disappeared, disgruntled, possibly done-away with, ex-member).

if this is moderator mischief, they are sick and twisted people. But they wouldn't use whispers in a prank cause of the chaos that happened. You would of loved in then WCIP, everyone was paranoid

What chaos supposedly happened over the incident?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   

ok this is getting out of hand , now im seeing them almost everytime i refresh to see new posts.

Funny i have not seen one since last night around 1700 pm, US eastern time.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
defcon

en.wikipedia.org...

i got my info from this passage

In Biblical poetry it comes to mean "place of destruction", and so the underworld or Sheol. Abaddon is also one of the compartments of Gehenna. (cf. Job xxvi. 6; Prov. xv. 11). In Rev. ix. 11, He is Death personified and The New Testament identifies Abaddon as the "Angel of the Abyss" (Rev. 9:11).

so we are both right

edit: im not getting points for the posts , just having enough physical posts to be able to u2u, thats all they meant by that

[edit on 10/24/2005 by McGuirk]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   

if this is moderator mischief, they are sick and twisted people. But they wouldn't use whispers in a prank cause of the chaos that happened. You would of loved in then WCIP, everyone was paranoid

Originally posted by defcon5

The first rule of WITD is: You do not talk about WITD.

And the second rule of WITD is: You do NOT TALK ABOUT WITD.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:01 AM
link   

defcon

en.wikipedia.org...

i got my info from this passage

In Biblical poetry it comes to mean "place of destruction", and so the underworld or Sheol. Abaddon is also one of the compartments of Gehenna. (cf. Job xxvi. 6; Prov. xv. 11). In Rev. ix. 11, He is Death personified and The New Testament identifies Abaddon as the "Angel of the Abyss" (Rev. 9:11).

so we are both right

oh, I was not saying you were wrong, I was simply adding to what you said.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   

LMFAO!

i think WITD was voted the member who most people wanted to meet

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Why not people still discuss Nan’s? Besides the name has been brought up a hundred times in this thread already, so spill the beans and let those of us that were not around back them in on the story.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:07 AM
link   

so spill the beans and let those of us that were not around back them in on the story.

You've been here longer than me.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Someone may have already pointed this out, to be honest I don't have enough time in my lunchbreak to read all 14 pages of this, but all of WITD posts that I have looked at have been replaced by a big Black Box, which when highlighted reveals the following text:

a rage of pain a curse of pain and fear upon this place that cast out the brother of brothers of a sentinel of hope in time of chaos and agony is upon you and all of whom read these words and look back to the day the whispers sought to teach and lend aid to those who seek in hallways of fear and doubt upon which this day and this hour of your life shall now exist in fear of lost sentinels of the ages from templarian origins ancient and distant to protect all who seek and guide those who question from doubt and chaos amid the tyranny of elysium imposed on all in vain of deception from the hour of origin through now this hour of your most feared pain cradled in the bosom of abaddon the fire of your torment and the lies of your past bring this end upon thee and all thine cohorts of tyranny a rage of pain a curse of pain and fear upon this place that cast out the brother of brothers of a sentinel of hope in time of chaos and agony is upon you and all of whom read these words and look back to the day the whispers sought to teach and lend aid to those who seek in hallways of fear and doubt upon which this day and this hour of your life shall now exist in fear of lost sentinels of the ages from templarian origins ancient and distant to protect all who seek and guide those who question from doubt and chaos amid the tyranny of elysium imposed on all in vain of deception from the hour of origin through now this hour of your most feared pain cradled in the bosom of abaddon the fire of your torment and the lies of your past bring this end upon thee and all thine cohorts of tyranny a rage of pain a curse of pain and fear upon this place that cast out the brother of brothers of a sentinel of hope in time of chaos and agony is upon you and all of whom read these words and look back to the day the whispers sought to teach and lend aid to those who seek in hallways of fear and doubt upon which this day and this hour of your life shall now exist in fear of lost sentinels of the ages from templarian origins ancient and distant to protect all who seek and guide those who question from doubt and chaos amid the tyranny of elysium imposed on all in vain of deception from the hour of origin through now this hour of your most feared pain cradled in the bosom of abaddon the fire of your torment and the lies of your past bring this end upon thee and all thine cohorts of tyranny a rage of pain a curse of pain and fear upon this place that cast out the brother of brothers of a sentinel of hope in time of chaos and agony is upon you and all of whom read these words and look back to the day the whispers sought to teach and lend aid to those who seek in hallways of fear and doubt upon which this day and this hour of your life shall now exist in fear of lost sentinels of the ages from templarian origins ancient and distant to protect all who seek and guide those who question from doubt and chaos amid the tyranny of elysium imposed on all in vain of deception from the hour of origin through now this hour of your most feared pain cradled in the bosom of abaddon the fire of your torment and the lies of your past bring this end upon thee and all thine cohorts of tyranny will know this day only one new sentinel can thee

It appears to be in all his posts, the ones I have checked anyway.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   

that weird thing happened again too with the website being all out of wack.

click the image for full size

Did you 'select all' to see if anything showed up?

er...major discrepancy in clue following, peeps...

this is important, don't ya figure?

[edit on 24-10-2005 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   

so spill the beans and let those of us that were not around back them in on the story.

You've been here longer than me.

Well you must be much more in the know then I am, or in on the entire thing, or how would you know this?

link   
yes agent smith, someone had brought that up, if you go to page 12 or 13 i had started to try to decipher some meaning from the jumbled mess

link   

Why not people still discuss Nan’s? Besides the name has been brought up a hundred times in this thread already, so spill the beans and let those of us that were not around back them in on the story.

Cut a long story short, some guy appears on ATS with cryptic posts believed to be an FBI agent, a bombing is predicted and happens, someone calls the FBI, a moderater is banned for accusing ATS of working with the FBI and the FBI is believed to watch ATS ever since. ATS official response is it was an exploit done by a scripit kiddie. After that, the paranoia at ATS goes through the roof, especially when the New York blackouts happened. Then there was a story about an FBI agent who was killed for leaking information or something like that, some believed it was WITD.

The cryptic words point to either DR or WITD or the crazy guys at TSC who want to bring ATS down.

*edit*

Members have been banned before for trying to create hoaxes around WITD, thats why i dont think the mods are behind this seeings members have been banned from doing it.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by infinite]

[edit on 24-10-2005 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Didn’t “Deep Throat” die in the last year?

Maybe this is his ghost….

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

And beware of FSME's that pretend to know more than they do in regards to moderator mischief... If this was a hack or other unsanctioned activity, it would be over by now already..........

A pertinant qoute from a pertinant person (male)

*searching for stretchy posts wherever*

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The cryptic words point to either DR or WITD or the crazy guys at TSC who want to bring ATS down.

DR and TSC, who/what are they?

Originally posted by infiniteMembers have been banned before for trying to create hoaxes around WITD, thats why i dont think the mods are behind this seeings members have been banned from doing it.

Well gee, who better for the mods to use to make a Halloween prank then?
Do you think that the site would still be up if this was anything serious?
Then there is timing, why now and not two months ago? A month ago? But rather a week before Halloween.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   

TSC, who/what are they?

good question...could it be...

www.techcomedy.com... ???

Well gee, who better for the mods to use to make a Halloween prank then?
Do you think that the site would still be up if this was anything serious?
Then there is timing, why now and not two months ago? A month ago? But rather a week before Halloween.

exactly...this is something to get us worked up into a dither and hallowe'en is the object.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
interestingly enough... i just saw two greys on the same page

curse and pain...

i attempted to view the source code of the page and it will not let me ... it just doesnt pop up...

obviously whoever is doing this doesnt want anyone to see how they are doing it.

pic of curse -

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join