It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre Thing in Post

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Do you think that the site would still be up if this was anything serious?

Of course, its had more serious stuff like government numbers appearing in threads and being contacted, moles, undercover agents names being posted (which Nan's was banned for)

If this was a mod prank, they would be stirring things up, their not and have no idea either. If its a prank, its not a good one, but here is a thought. SO did have concerns about low posting...we are posting now cause of this (little conspiracy?hmmm)

Wanna know who DR,TSC and WITD are? just searching around ATS or the TSC forum. There is alot more to ATS than meets the eye. There is alot of people who envy us

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
i dont think this something to get posting up... i mean , they want posting to go up, but we are just posting in one thread... not the ones that are even the important ones!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I don't know what this is or whose idea it is, but it seems to break the formatting on ATSNN, which is downright stupid.

See: ats_rage.jpg
(Warning, large picture!]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Count
I don't know what this is or whose idea it is, but it seems to break the formatting on ATSNN, which is downright stupid.

See: ats_rage.jpg
(Warning, large picture!]

Refresh and it goes away. No need for "board-rage".

Notice the black band in there? There could be hidden text in there. I'll say it again: Next time it comes up for anyone, CTRL+A the dang thing! Screencaps are useless!

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Could someone please fill me in on who/what DR and TSC are? Its not comming up in a Boleen and google is not conclusive.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Modulus
Could someone please fill me in on who/what DR and TSC are? Its not comming up in a Boleen and google is not conclusive.

DR is Dragonrider probably one of the members we had before he went insane surrounding the whole WITD. TSC was a forum (which is now shut down) and was created by ex-ATS members who hated this site so much, i don't know why to behonest. TSC has tried hacking this site, stalking members even trolling this place.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

Refresh and it goes away. No need for "board-rage".

Notice the black band in there? There could be hidden text in there. I'll say it again: Next time it comes up for anyone, CTRL+A the dang thing! Screencaps are useless!

There wasn't anything I was able to see.
My point is, that if ATSNN is meant to be reliable and trustworthy news and information source, antics like that just do not belong in there. It hinders readability and isn't good for the public image.

Though I must confess that I haven't had enough interest to check if this stuff applies only when logged in.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I am wondering why SO or someone has not commented on this. The more I think about this, the less like a game it seems to be, and in which case it would be nice to know a little about whats going on.
Just concerned...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Modulus
I am wondering why SO or someone has not commented on this. The more I think about this, the less like a game it seems to be, and in which case it would be nice to know a little about whats going on.
Just concerned...

SO is probably use to it by now, as i said early, alot of people envy ATS and we are high on the list of scripit kiddies

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Not to be the one to spoil a Halloween prank:

Man, maybe all the mods have not posted since they are being questioned in Gitmo…

[edit on 10/24/2005 by defcon5]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
... being force fed. Ouch!
I think it will take untill at least tomorrow to find out anything more. Oh well...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
found a stretchy here

now...lets study it to see whats up

there was a greyed out 'curse this place' on it

dang...I was hoping it would stay put,,,it didn't

[edit on 24-10-2005 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Ooh, I just got a new one in that thread masqua. At the bottom of Grady's post there was a 'teST'

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Well I just got the expanded version of the left bar, and the black stripe. So it’s still up whatever it is.

Maybe we will all get a picture of a well with the corpse of this whisper person raising out of it in seven days. Oh, hang on my phone is ringing, and there seems to be coke coming out of my monitor….

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Well, THIS mod hasn't posted because we've had some little thunderstorm named Wilma to worry about....

Anyhoo...I only glanced through this thread (as one numerous pages in Board Questions and Business usually isn't a GOOD thing, hehe....), and wanted to address some things.

There was some mention about post counts... Anyone who's been here any length of time should know that the staff cares more about quality than quantity....and I'm not even sure why I'm restating it....

Just concerned...

Also, most should know that we don't publicly comment on hack attempts or issues, as it only gives them the attention they seek. That being said, I can assure you that system integrity is always a numero uno priority with senior staff.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Also, most should know that we don't publicly comment on hack attempts or issues, as it only gives them the attention they seek.

so its a hack than? or an attempt?

*sits and waits*

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Also, most should know that we don't publicly comment on hack attempts or issues, as it only gives them the attention they seek. That being said, I can assure you that system integrity is always a numero uno priority with senior staff.

Just curious as to why this is? The not mentioning part anyway, especially when thread has gone this far about it.

Ps this little thunderstorm is not going to do jack to us in Tampa.

Just got this after the edit:

brOtheR heLp me

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   
hey,

was able to bring up the source with a grey on the page... didnt really get anything out of it

bgcolor="#d8d8d8"> height="120" valign="top">

class="subject"> class="mediumtxt">quote:

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Are you sure? Didn't I see someone post a while back saying they'd seen a "witd" somewhere?

Or was that a deliberate Red Herring?
"http://images.abovetopsecret.com/smilies/wink.gif" align="absmiddle" border=0>

hmm..could be a Red Herring,but every incident at ATS somehow gets linked to WITD

lol
SolV

also, caught the new word 'teST' on this page

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well, THIS mod hasn't posted because we've had some little thunderstorm named Wilma to worry about....

yea, I'm aware of that, Gaz...hope things go well for u and ww and anyone else in the path of this storm

There was some mention about post counts... Anyone who's been here any length of time should know that the staff cares more about quality than quantity....and I'm not even sure why I'm restating it....

those comments were concerning a new member who needed 20 posts in order to u2u some info he wanted to share...

And, on that note I'm done with this thread...whatever the outcome. I'm gonna take heed when a supermoderator makes a statement like this

[edit on 24-10-2005 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
If it has been a hack, Im sure the perpetrators are sitting somewhere laughing at us in this thread, going all crazy trying to 'solve' something. 16 pages in a day? Shows that we are jointly the most paranoid and inquisitive site on the planet.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join