It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Neo-Nazi Demonstration Turns into Riot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
do you know what mental effects can have on a person? when you hear a group of people coming down the street saying you dont belong here, then u catch racism everyday those are mental effects.

As a white person living in a black area, I have experienced that myself.
I used to have kids throwing rocks at me on my way to class in the second grade and was harassed off and on until I graduated high school.
In my adult life I've had people tell me to my face that they don't like white people.

I know what it's like and yet I've never reacted the way that these guys reacted today.

What the protestors did by rioting was to actually take away from the sympathy they would have gotten if they had remained peaceful.
They would have been seen as the victims of hate and violence but now they look like perpetrators of hate and violence.

It was the absolute worse thing they could have done.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
if the neo nazi had came out and said they were against gang violence i wouldnt have had a problem but they said they are against "BLACK gang violence".....and dont tell me white people dont have gangs because id have to call you an idiot, on literal terms.

they are against race....which is racism. point blank they cant see the fact that its not white versus black but rich versus poor.

and BS that blacks are more racist then white people. youve just got the white people afriad to express their views on race because they know they can get there ass beat. 3/4 of the white people i know are racist but dont come out and say it. they say racist things, just as long as everyone around is white. and ya know what im fine with that, because they arent offending anyone except maybe me who hates racists. but i dont get into a fight with them about it i simply say "dont say racist things around me, or dont be around me"

but when you decide to do a street that is sumthing different.

when we realize race isnt the true enemy then the rich will be in trouble, they cant have that.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Foxnews is reporting most/all of the blacks were gang members in gang colors, protesting the nazi;s being ALLOWED to have a permit.
Wonder who pays the most taxes

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Fox News is reporting that some two dozen arrests have been made and that some two dozen more are expected in the next couple of hours. Police are going to peruse news videos to identify even more rioters.

A city-wide 8:00pm curfew has been ordered by the mayor's office.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

and BS that blacks are more racist then white people. youve just got the white people afriad to express their views on race because they know they can get there ass beat.

Brilliant observation, grim. Whites are racist by virtue of our skin color and even more so for acknowledging the truth. Blacks are victims by virtue of their skin color and can say and do anything and it's justified. Such a condition cannot persist forever.

[edit on 2005/10/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
That was not answer to my simple query.

Your simply query was a complete distraction to the issues at hand. no, I do not live in a gated segregated community, I also do not live in a super-diverse mutli-ethnic neighbhorhood, and I also do not live in a place where there is only one or two ethnicities.

27jd
those who feel it's okay to boot somebody's face because they disagree, is a violent criminal and needs to be caged.

Then I proudly belong in a cage. Nazis are scum. They have a legal right to exist and call for the destruction of other races and peoples. That doesn't mean that they aren't scum.
If anyone can listen to this:

Only members of the nation may be citizens of the state. Only those of pure White blood, whatever their creed, may be members of the nation. [...]All non-White immigration must be prevented [...]non-Whites currently residing in America be required to leave the nation forthwith and return to their land of origin: peacefully or by force. [...]We demand the ruthless prosecution of those whose activities are injurious to the common interest[such as] race traitors[..]By prohibiting abortion and euthanasia, except in cases of rape, incest, race-mixing, or mental retardation[...]That all editors of and contributors to newspapers appearing in the English language must be members of the nation[..]That non-Whites shall be prohibited by law from participating financially in or influencing American newspapers [...]We demand absolute religious freedom for all denominations in the State, provided they do not threaten its existence nor offend the moral feelings of the White race

And not have their hand in the shape of a fist or clicking the safety of one's gun off, then that person'd have to be completely freaking insane.

These guys:

Are scum. The people who rioted and rampaged broke the law, and should be punished appropriately, but these guys are hypocrits and cowards who are using the good system to harbour their evil. And they can do that, but there ain't no thinking person that isn't going to want to smash these morons.

they stay in the venue and nobody loots stores, etc.

The political riots at montreal, cancun, and seattle didn't.

The Nation of Islam and Black Panthers have rallied many times without white people rioting and looting stores nad attacking them

The nation of islam didn't also bring about a holocaust, the nazis did.

And nazis in America have NOTHING to do with the actual nazi party

I agree that they are quite far removed from the party phsyically, but they are saluting hitler, they are purposely adopting nazism, they are nazis, they just haven't received a 'chapter certificate' from the old nazi party. They are choosing to take up the holocaust singed cloak of nazism.

Black gangstas think they are superior as well. But you don't hate them as feverishly do you?

And where did I say this? I pretty much loath all gangsters, whether they're in the mob or slinging on a corner. They're all low-lifes.

You probably don't want to clobber them when you see them,

You have no idea wtf you are talking about.

full metal
people think the Neo Nazis did wrong? How?

By being nazis, duh. Sure, they didn't break any laws here, and if you notice, no one has said that they did. They're still stupid and pathetic nazis tho.

Everything they were protesting today was done by the people they were protesting against! EVERTHING!

Yes, we should put them into camps and murder them all I guess, since thats what the nazis want and they seem to be so correct all the time.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
VERY impressive police conference!!
Kudos to the blue brotherhood..all who "see' the dilemmas..

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
A Toledo police spokesman is now saying that the crowd of thugs has dissipated for now, but they are expecting trouble for the next several days. The sheriff reports that so far no one has been hurt and that all they want is for people to go home. They don't want to arrest anyone. The police exercised considerable restraint according to the police spokesmen.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Neo-nazi should be considerated as terrorists and should all be killed!

These bastards deserve to die because they are racist.

F*** racism and F*** neo-nazi!

Advocating wiping out a group of people because you dont agree with their views. That statement makes you sound alot like the people you condemn.

yeah being a racist and a nazi is something you should embrace.
ROFLMAO.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Yes he is. So this is why he's so angry. That's it.

(Mod edit, No insults)

[edit on 15-10-2005 by asala]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm a junior in my school in florida and my parents taught me not to be racist but it is kinda hard when you walk in school and black people shove you and say what the are you looking at if you glance at them. All of the teachers at my school will not get a black person in trouble because they are afraid the black people will get their gang friends together and hurt them. I know the difference between a black person and a ---- . The ------------are the ones that made me racist. The --------- are the ones that broke into a gas station and looted it for no reason.

(Mod edit- Please have a little decorum when posting in ATsnn, certain names can be deemed offencive)

[edit on 15-10-2005 by asala]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Fox News has just shown video of a large group blacks throwing scores of softball sized rocks at an ambulance. It is utterly shameful. We may say what we will about the Neo-Nazis and certainly the history of Nazis is such that no American should ever feel compelled to identify with such a heinous movement, but the situation that they were endeavoring to illustrate has been clearly made. Toledo might not want to admit it and I heard a Toledo council member who denied that there was any violence all the while that I was watching it on the tube, but there is plenty of evidence that black gang members do control that section of town. It seems pretty clear to me that the police were not in control.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcrow1800
I know the difference between a black person and a ----- . The -------- are the ones that made me racist. The --------- are the ones that broke into a gas station and looted it for no reason.

HELLO FOOT!

MEET MOUTH!

Mod Edit: Removed offensive terms from quote

[edit on 10/15/05 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Then I proudly belong in a cage. Nazis are scum. They have a legal right to exist and call for the destruction of other races and peoples. That doesn't mean that they aren't scum.
If anyone can listen to this:

Only members of the nation may be citizens of the state. Only those of pure White blood, whatever their creed, may be members of the nation. [...]All non-White immigration must be prevented [...]non-Whites currently residing in America be required to leave the nation forthwith and return to their land of origin: peacefully or by force. [...]We demand the ruthless prosecution of those whose activities are injurious to the common interest[such as] race traitors[..]By prohibiting abortion and euthanasia, except in cases of rape, incest, race-mixing, or mental retardation[...]That all editors of and contributors to newspapers appearing in the English language must be members of the nation[..]That non-Whites shall be prohibited by law from participating financially in or influencing American newspapers [...]We demand absolute religious freedom for all denominations in the State, provided they do not threaten its existence nor offend the moral feelings of the White race

Where did they call for the destruction of other races or peoples? I can't seem to find that here. The neo movement calls for seperation, not genocide. I don't agree with them, but you're making up an agenda that isn't there.

And not have their hand in the shape of a fist or clicking the safety of one's gun off, then that person'd have to be completely freaking insane.

If somebody can read a hate filled bunch of nonsense, that doesn't actually advocate violence, and in protest to that hate, invite into themselves an even more venomous form of hate, in which one wants to actually shoot somebody, they are far more evil and hateful, no matter how righteous they think they are. They are freaking insane.

Are scum. The people who rioted and rampaged broke the law, and should be punished appropriately, but these guys are hypocrits and cowards who are using the good system to harbour their evil. And they can do that, but there ain't no thinking person that isn't going to want to smash these morons.

The scum who rioted are no better, and most of them were gangbanging cowards, just like the nazis. They are JUST as bad, if not worse because they often commit more violence than the nazis. There ain't no thinking person who isn't going to want to smash those morons either.

The political riots at montreal, cancun, and seattle didn't.

They looted and attacked innocent people? Did they surround and beat nearly to death some poor truck driver who had nothing to do with the reason they were rioting? I think not.

The nation of islam didn't also bring about a holocaust, the nazis did.

How many blacks were exterminated in the holocaust anyway? I could see if the jews rioted, but they didn't. I guess gang bangers are very concerned about the jews.
And a little info for ya, the Nation of Islam hates jews FAR more than the neos.

I agree that they are quite far removed from the party phsyically, but they are saluting hitler, they are purposely adopting nazism, they are nazis, they just haven't received a 'chapter certificate' from the old nazi party. They are choosing to take up the holocaust singed cloak of nazism.

Originally the swastika was used by non-racist punk rockers purely for shock value, and skinheads were originally not racist either, but into reggae and ska music. Racists just bastardized both styles, and formed the neo movement. They do not carry the torch of Hitler's agenda, and did not take up the holocaust. They're just ignorant cowards who need to place blame on somebody else, and don't feel secure without a group. Just like gangstas.

And where did I say this? I pretty much loath all gangsters, whether they're in the mob or slinging on a corner. They're all low-lifes.

Well, I sure don't see you equally condemning them today, instead you back them against the nazis. Both are ignorant groups of idiots, but which group do you think would be most likely to beat you half to death because of your skin color?

You have no idea wtf you are talking about.

I don't think I could've been any clearer. When you see gangstas on the corner, or hear their music preaching hate and degradation of women, and preaching about slanging rock and busting caps in fools, do you feel the need to react violently agaisnt them?

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
when you grow up in it, tell me different.

how about for a week, no for a year, you live with almost no money in a poor neighborhood where the cops dont care much more about you then those 'thugs' slanging on the street corner.

making a pretty big generalization about all thugs and gansters music (rap) apparently you just take the media word for shock value. list to tupac "brendas got a baby" or tupacs famous song "keep ya head up" or bone thugs n harmony "crossroads" or maybe a public enemy song

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's threads like this that make me want to leave ATS... Oh, the humanity...
I swear it takes me less than 30 seconds to go to some other website these days.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is something I have had to live with my whole life, if people haven’t seen my thread on PTS [Council] they will be unaware that I am mixed race but I have light skin. Coupled with my accent, I have had to live through some awful things. I have only had a few minor attacks due to my race but daily I have sat down and heard people talk about how they want immigrants deported. For three months, of last year during my law classes that was all I heard until I told people my grand parents were immigrants. [Once the results came back and I had the highest grades.]

I have members of my family who died at the hands of Nazi’s during WW2, Russian members who were forced into labour camps and worked to death. [By the U.S.S.R. and by Nazi’s alike] However, I will defend their right to speak up because you can not marginalize this group of people. This is how they gain support, power and prominence. They want to be pushed out, attacked, stomped on so they can show the rest of society as being ‘worse’ than them and them as being ‘decent’. History changes, repeats itself and is easily changed. Anyone on this site should know that so the worse thing we can do is silence them. It is what the Nazi’s did and the day we begin to silence people, no matter how bigoted, no matter how bad it is what they say we begin to decide we are better than them and that is a moral judgement we do not make.

Let them have their say, let them have their freedom and take their words, take that argument they propose and destroy it. Make them feel as little as they should, prove them wrong or do not give them the time of day. But giving them the attention they want and do not deserve will end us in a position where they gain more and more support with each passing day.

As for the idiot generalising music, you need to take a look around you. Many people [artists] are very anti-drugs, crime, rape, adultery and are part of the hip-hop culture. You need to think why the ones given media attention are the likes of 50 Cent with what they epitomise and wonder why the media boosts their sales, the negative side of hip hop and black [every] culture...

Edit:
Reason the Black Panther's never got attacked was due to the fact you had a few thousand armed black guys...not many racists were that stupid to go throw stuff at them.

[edit on 15/10/2005 by Odium]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

when you grow up in it, tell me different.

how about for a week, no for a year, you live with almost no money in a poor neighborhood where the cops dont care much more about you then those 'thugs' slanging on the street corner.

Talk about generalizing, what makes you think I'm not "poor". That's the problem, you think all white people are rich? I live paycheck to paycheck and have a child to support. I know the stress of not having money, I live it daily. I live in a neighborhood full of tweekers who try and steal whatever isn't bolted down. I did grow up in it, blacks aren't the only poor people in this country.

making a pretty big generalization about all thugs and gansters music (rap) apparently you just take the media word for shock value. list to tupac "brendas got a baby" or tupacs famous song "keep ya head up" or bone thugs n harmony "crossroads" or maybe a public enemy song

Yeah, I just take the media's word.
I listen to all kinds of music, and have listened to plenty of tupac, bone thugs, and since I grew up in the eighties and early nineties, plenty of P.E. How much Rahowa or Screwdriver have you listened to? I've heard hateful music of all kinds, and even though some thugs may speak a rhyme to a beat about something more meaningful than violence and drugs, let's face it, that's not what sells their records. If Screwdriver had a song about a poor white girl struggling to raise a child, would that excuse all their hateful songs? No. If Brutha Lynch wrote an album only of loving and caring rhymes, would he sell any records? No, people want to hear about eating babies.

[edit on 15-10-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
27jd, I assume you've never studied media from your posts?

If enough money is put into an artist, their image, design of the albums and adverts they will sell. The problem is they do not like to put some effot and hard work into it and take an artist who doesn't have an 'attitude' to work off of. It is easier to stick to something tried and tested and that is what 'Gangsta Rap' is.

Just so you are aware, speaking as someone who DJs in hip-hop clubs and works in a music store the anti-drugs, rape, etc, music goes down a lot better. It is why many underground arists like Immortal Technique are selling in the hundreds of thousands without record labels. But shush...we only the violence and the whores. :u:

Good work.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
As for the idiot generalising music, you need to take a look around you. Many people [artists] are very anti-drugs, crime, rape, adultery and are part of the hip-hop culture. You need to think why the ones given media attention are the likes of 50 Cent with what they epitomise and wonder why the media boosts their sales, the negative side of hip hop and black [every] culture...

This "idiot" has probably listened to more kinds of music than you'll ever know. I'm well aware of hip-hop that's not negative, like Del the Funky Homosapien, etc. But that's not what sells, and that's not who the majority wish to emulate, almost everybody wants to be 50 Cent so your argument is ridiculous, there are very few lovers of true hip-hop out there. Most want to be punk thugs.

Edit:
Reason the Black Panther's never got attacked was due to the fact you had a few thousand armed black guys...not many racists were that stupid to go throw stuff at them.

Think black guys are the only ones who are armed? And for your information, the Black Panthers are racists, so would they be throwing rocks at themselves?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join