It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Neo-Nazi Demonstration Turns into Riot

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
no i dont think every white person is rich, because im white and i grew up around the poor and the rich, and now the reason i hate rich people so much is because ive had the honor of having to live daily life with them in school.

take a look in 8th grade and i never would have prejudged somebody, rich or not, black or white.
now i hate just about anyone with alot of money, mostly because they havent proven themselves to be any different then the other greedy rich bastards.

when you watch situations of kill or be killed first handed, thats an experience you remember. every rapper that sees it has to rap about it, its what he saw. rap now is more generally garbage as far as im concerned. i only listen to old rap now from early 90s mostly.

truth is how can you blame any group of people for standing by for years saying "please help" or "please stop the racism"
take a quote
"imagin if there were a hotel of people who had everything in this room, food drinks, they could literly throw the food around for fun they had so much. now imagin being outside this room, hungry with no money or anything. you knock on the door and when it opens you sing "we will sing if you can give us some food." because they have more then enough and you cant support yourself. they close the door in your face. week goes by and you still havent eaten, you knock on the door. it opens and you sing "we really would like some food please!". they again close you out. month goes by you knock on the door, it opens. you are yelling "give us food!" year goes by and your picking the lock tryin to get inside with guns flaring because you need to eat."
thats what its like, you need something, they have excess of it. they give nothing back to you. they would rather see you rot. you keep asking and they keep ignoring till eventually you cant wait anylonger.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm not sure I quite understand what you are bringing to this discussion, grimreaper. You may hate whomever you please, but maybe you should start your own thread to vent, instead of projecting it onto the situation this thread seeks to cover.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Actually the "Black Panthers" were not racists. Back that up with some evidence, where any of the leaders acted against another race because of a belief of a difference between the two 'races'. In fact that highly goes against the "Power to all the people" motto which they in fact used.

And 27jd, I've worked in clubs, DJing, I sell music every Saturday and Sunday the music sells in amazingly high numbers since they have no advertising. 50 Cent will sell more, because they spend money on him but your arguement is flawed on the basis that most "black" people I have met do not want to be anything like 50 Cent. In fact the vast majority of 50 Cent albums are sold to teenage girls in the United Kingdom.

WHITE TEENAGE GIRLS.

Sorry but that's the truth.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
lol yea right, apparently u dont keep up with times
50 cent is hated by alot of people. the only time anyone listens to him is in the clubs maybe for a dance track. but anyone that actually "listens" to rap doesnt even acknowledge 50 cent anymore.

plain and simple club tracks will sell records for people who wanna listen to dance music. that is what record labels focus on now, club stuff, not real stuff.

there are a bunch of rappers out there who dont do all club stuff and thats why they arent signed.
immortal tech., papoose, and especially royce da 5'9"
royce wouldnt sell out like Eminem did and they got bitter toward eachother, royce didnt sell out and Eminem did thats why em came up while royce didnt.

[edit on 15-10-2005 by grimreaper797]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
27jd, I assume you've never studied media from your posts?

Studied media? You mean in a school setting? You assume correctly.

If enough money is put into an artist, their image, design of the albums and adverts they will sell. The problem is they do not like to put some effot and hard work into it and take an artist who doesn't have an 'attitude' to work off of. It is easier to stick to something tried and tested and that is what 'Gangsta Rap' is.

If they're selling well, are you saying those who like rap are attracted to the shiny packages and corporate marketing? Way to stick it to the man.

Just so you are aware, speaking as someone who DJs in hip-hop clubs and works in a music store the anti-drugs, rape, etc, music goes down a lot better. It is why many underground arists like Immortal Technique are selling in the hundreds of thousands without record labels. But shush...we only the violence and the whores. :u:

So you are aware I make music, and have also played in clubs and raves. I make electronic music, and have made beats for friends who rhyme. I'm well aware of the differences among mainstream rap and underground hip-hop. Would Immortal Technique advocate rioting and looting their own neighborhood because a few idiots were trying to incite them to do so? Hoepfully not.

Good work.

Please elaborate.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
im simply stating why people get hated, usually sum sort of influence has taken place.

for me it was theyre own doing. they caused it, but then again unlike skin color if your poor you shouldnt like the rich. the rich get richer and the poor only get more poor.

skin color shouldnt be the issue, but as long as it is we wont focus on the real problem of who really is controlling things, and that the rich people of this country

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I disagree, grimreaper. Others will do what they will do, but hate is not something that is imposed on anyone. It is a free will process that will consume anyone who continues in that state. You would do well to learn that very early on. It is not the hated who suffers, but rather the hater.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
when your poor its, meet these needs or chances are you might not make it/will not make it. some of these people loot and steal because they dont have anything, they will take any excuse to make ends meet. can you blame them for wanting more then food, or just wanting food?

you act as though everyone is equal and if they worked hard enough they can get whatever they want....thats just not the case. colleges cant give out scholarship to everyone, and to those that cant wont get anywhere. but how can you even expect them to achive that much when the teachers in poor nieghborhoods dont even wanna be there to teach the kids? they cant learn, and even if they could they cant afford to get anywhere.
You wanna tell me tho that its there fault for being born dirt poor?

then FURTHERMORE they are concidered gangsters and thugs because they need a way to survive. but who can you put at fault for that? is it theres or societies?

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
27jd, now think how easy it is to take someone like 50 Cent. Look at how he holds himself, posture, attitude. He is easy to milk for between 5 and 10 years worth with only minor input from the company although that minor input is expensive. It'll take a few music videos with attractive women and expensive cars, a few minor collaborations between him and another artist and teenagers will love it. He will become "cool" because he is there, on television. He is a mouth piece and it could have been anyone with the money behind them. Problem is, it is always 'Gangster Rap' that is given the money and it is something I see in the store I work at every day.

People come in, want a 50 Cent album because they have seen him on T.V. same is happening with Kanye West right now, He is seen as cool even though his message is highly unorthodox compared to your average “rap” artist. Even worse though is who buys the albums. The vast majority of 50 Cent [and the likes] albums are sold to teenage white girls, whose friends like him or they think he is cute a vast majority can’t ever name the albums or even songs which were not on T.V.

The real question is, why do they pick “Gangster Rap” instead of any other, when they can easily make money from any type of rap? Gangster rap is doing one thing to society and one thing the others never can do.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
i came to a rich school entering highschool because of "redistricting" (a school 45 minutes away from me)

im thinking good a variety of people i can meet now and also maybe have a better learning environment.

what i found was a group of people that simply dont want you in there school because you are a "thug", or a "wannabe ganster". they look down on you once they find out where your from or that you(meaning your parents) cant afford to buy you a brand new BMW or Escalade. that because you listen to rap your probably a trouble causer. ive been ignored by people when i was simply asking a question of how much it costed to buy a t-shirt to support finding a cure for cancer. yet when one of them talked the others listened, i said sumthing and suddenly i wasnt there.

hate is made by influence.

o and my point is that its a cycle. you think that its my fault, but its theres in my eyes, but in their eyes its sumone elses. thinking your better then someone else no matter if its by race or income, its still wrong.

[edit on 15-10-2005 by grimreaper797]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Someone got shot according to Local News, so...

Neo Nazis at this parade-No crime, were there legally, got permits or whatever

The people they were protesting, the black gangs-Looting, beating, shooting people, vandalism, arson, assaulting police officers, firemen, ambulance/emts, civillians, local media, so forth

Hmmm, maybe the Neo Nazis hace a point? The whole point of the Nazi March thingy was prostesting Black Gangs, and look who come out, Black Gangs...

BTW, Fox News? We are on Fox News!?!?!?!?! AWSOME!!!!! Toledo on National TV!!!!!!! Totally Chilled man!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Actually the "Black Panthers" were not racists. Back that up with some evidence, where any of the leaders acted against another race because of a belief of a difference between the two 'races'. In fact that highly goes against the "Power to all the people" motto which they in fact used.

Are we talking about the original Black Panthers or the New Black Panthers:

The New Black Panther Party (NBPP) takes its name from the original Black Panther Party, a radical left-wing group active in the 1960s and 1970s (former members of which have denounced the NBPP). Groups calling themselves the "New Black Panthers" started forming in the early 1990s, but gained publicity and organization after Khallid Muhammad, ejected from the Nation of Islam, became their leader and spokesman. Since the late 1990s, the group has expanded its presence to a number of states. Its ideology is a mix of black nationalism, Pan-Africanism, and anti-white and anti-Semitic bigotry. Malik Shabazz, based in Washington, D.C., has led the group since Muhammad's death in 2001.
www.adl.org...

And 27jd, I've worked in clubs, DJing, I sell music every Saturday and Sunday the music sells in amazingly high numbers since they have no advertising. 50 Cent will sell more, because they spend money on him but your arguement is flawed on the basis that most "black" people I have met do not want to be anything like 50 Cent.

I can't speak for your city, but the vast majority of the "black" (not sure why we're quoting that) youth here in Phoenix mimic his style to a tee and listen only to mainstream gangsta rap. There are very few here who listen to meaningful underground hip-hop.

In fact the vast majority of 50 Cent albums are sold to teenage girls in the United Kingdom.

WHITE TEENAGE GIRLS.

Sorry but that's the truth.

I can't speak for the UK. There are quite a few young white suburban kids buying that crap here as well, but just as many black kids. Again, very few hip-hop purists, although there are some.

[edit on 15-10-2005 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
what i found was a group of people that simply dont want you in there school because you are a "thug", or a "wannabe ganster"

Quit being a "thug" and a "wannabe gangster." You'll get along with a lot more people and you might even find that there is someone to like in almost any group. I know what you mean about rich kids, though. I was dirt poor when I took my Master's training at Tulane University. I didn't find much too like about my classmates, but I don't waste my time hating them, either. Hate is a free will act and only you will suffer because of it.

[edit on 2005/10/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

when your poor its, meet these needs or chances are you might not make it/will not make it. some of these people loot and steal because they dont have anything, they will take any excuse to make ends meet. can you blame them for wanting more then food, or just wanting food?

They weren't destroying a gas station earlier because they were hungry.
They didn't smash the windsheild of an ambulance ealier today because they wanted to steal food from it.
They were just violent thugs.

How do you justfy this?

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
see thing is im not. i dont act it at all i put it in quotations for that reason.
i simply listen to rap music and am poor so im classified as one, because a good majority of my friends are black and listen to rap as well.
i didnt choose to be hated, nor did i choose to be amoung these kids. i choose to retaliate based on what i got.

i am not a thug or gangsta nor have i ever claimed to be, but since i listen to rap and rap myself im looked down upon even more.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Suit yourself, then, and keep blaming everyone else for your problems. You'll be miserable for your entire short life.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i am not justifying what happen today, the things they did were not right. people get out of hand in riots. im talkin about on the daily. the people who steal here and there to get by.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Suit yourself, then, and keep blaming everyone else for your problems. You'll be miserable for your entire short life.

im not misrable, i just dont like rich people and dont want to associate with them in any way shape or form

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What would cause one to act that way?

An outcry? Perhaps so sick of the way they've been treated and a nazi parade could've been the last straw?

But thats because they divide us, they want us to be in cliques and secretly despise each other.

Nothing to justify, it's just human nature. And to think you aren't capable of something like this is just to deny your inner animal.

and just because you are a racist doesn't mean you are white.

mmm culture.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

im not misrable, i just dont like rich people and dont want to associate with them in any way shape or form

Can you get transferred back into a school in your own district?
Give it a try and maybe you wont have to put up with the rich kids.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join