It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gods Dont Exist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Gods dont exist, we know this through logic.
The fact that we do not know everything is irrelevent, since no one needs to be omniscient to know that 2+2=4. It is an illogical characteristic that nothing can possess.

Can a deity make a rock bigger than it can lift?
If so, it cannot lift it. If it cannot lift it, it is not omnipotent. If it cannot make a rock bigger than it can lift, it is not omnipotent because it cannot create a rock it can't lift.

Through this simple use of logic, we know everything is bound by the laws of logic.

Also, through logic we know the reality existed forever, and was never created. For reality to be created, nothing could exist. Nature/Reality are Congruent and that simple fact disproves all deities and supernatural phenemenon.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Can god be omnipresent? If so, then god would have to exist in hell. Apparently they say hell is a place where god doesnt exist, meaning god is no omnipotent.

Square triangles dont exist, we know this.

Nothing can precede itself. QED.

40,000 children starve to death each day. Yet people believe in such an irrational monstrous belief. I believe man created gods out of ignorance and fear. They say their god is the all loving, that is the same god that let hitler put the jews in the oven.

Mohammed was a pedophile. King James was gay. Recorded history went back further than 6,000 years. The Egyptians never noticed a world flood. There is not enough water for it to occur, even if the ice caps melted. It could not have rained for 40 days and nights because our atmosphere can only hold 1 inch of water and isnt sufficient for that much rain, our weather system doesnt work that way.

Adam and Eve and Noahs ark would have required massive incest, we know through genetics that we arent all inbred. We know through archeology and genetics and biology that modern humans originated in Africa 150,000 years ago in numbers no less than 2,500 otherwise we couldnt have the genetic diversity we have today.

Evolution is both a fact and a theory. You may say "Its just a theory." That is not true, it is independently verified empirical fact. Perhaps the theory is flawed, but evolution is observed every day. For instance, someone has a child, the child looks different than the parents. This is evolution in action.

Everything that exists is real. Everything that is real exists. Nature governs everything that is real, from every particle to every black hole, gravity, solar radiation, everything. This is a material universe. Our emotions are dictated by our brains. Without our brains, we would not be capable of thought.

Out of body experiences have been linked to brain stimulation, Pat Robertson is engaging in illegal mining in Africa to gain profits.

Man can be made to believe anything, they are truly an ignorant species. Anyone who thinks that religion isnt there to exploit the people and shackle them in slavery is lying to themselves. Look what parents tell their children. Santa exists. Then they tell the child santa doesnt exist. But at the same time this is going on, they could be telling them how God(s) exist and how they were born in sin.

You see, right from the start they've built a cell and then they've locked you in. Its a selfish horrific vision passed on like the deadliest of viruses. More men have been killed in the name of religion than for any other cause.

N/R=C

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I hope your wrong but I'm going to have to agree with you.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That word always seems to come up,and it seems that everyone has to have it pointed out to them that:

God created man.
(I know,there are those arrogant ones who would rather be relatives of apes since that would mean that they would have no one or no thing to answer to ever and live out the immoral lifestyle that so many people enjoy these days)

Man Created Religion in order to control certain segments of the population for gain.

Again:
God DID NOT CREATE RELIGION!!!
MAN DID!!
A good part of logic is learned from others,the teachings are meant to stop you from looking at anything other than the way you learn to look at it.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The revelation of fossils in the 19th century did nothing to stop people from giving up their religious beliefs. It doesn't matter how many facts are supplied that prove that all current religions are off the mark to some degree, people will believe no matter what. If fossils don't do it, nothing will. Aliens could land and God will exist in spite of that fact. Aliens could even claim they were the originators of the beliefs in The Bible and are God, and nobody would listen to them.

As it stands, religion was a great early method of explaining the world and laying down laws and morals. I see nothing wrong in people using it in that method. These days we know more.

As for NDE/OBEs being false, nobody knows that for a fact. Scientists can claim many things, but the jury is still out on these experiences. It could just be a dying brain's hallucinations, but I wouldn't dismiss it outright. After all, many scientists conclude that other intelligent life doesn't make physical contact with this planet in spite of mounting evidence in support of this. Contemporary beliefs on science aren't always correct.

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Repost of a previous post....

Try these on.....
"300 proofs to GODs existance"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"THE UNSKEPTICAL SKEPTIC - REVISED"

And originally posted by "you"....
"God Doesnt Exist"

"Existence of God?"

"Does God exist?"

I'm sure many more can be found. Ontological proof of God blows your premise aside.
It all boils down to whether you believe or don't.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
your perception is skewed towards that of a beast...
and a god does not exist you are correct...
but a great creator does...
what ever you and your feble mind attempts to call him to promote your ego is another thing...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Oh boy, here we go again...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
"Everything that exists is real. Everything that is real exists. Nature governs everything that is real, from every particle to every black hole, gravity, solar radiation, everything. This is a material universe. Our emotions are dictated by our brains. Without our brains, we would not be capable of thought."

Scientists can't even agree with this. The last scientific discoveries show a reality totally different that what scientists have believed earlier.
www.wddty.co.uk...

Out of body experiences have been linked to brain stimulation

Again the question: Then how can people see things they couldn't have been able to see while out of their bodies???

Anyway... BACK UP YOUR CLAIMS OR DON'T CLAIM A THING!!! Your post cannot be taken seriously, not even with a grain of salt.

16 years old and you can't even imagine that you could be wrong... That's sad...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
like adamantly stating to back up a post will allow one to percieve the truth...
dont you know that that is a trick of knowledge...
and all based on perception...
and lord knows some peoples perception is really skewed from their souls...
like their bodies are the end all be all...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
No, baseless claims are useless and you should know that.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
AnarchistSuperstar, Seekeroff is correct this is simply a repost to which you have not responded in respect to your prior (same comment). As far as what you have presented here, Quantum Mechanics does not adhere to the same logic, clearly there is no reason to simply deny the existence of God based upon Newtonian Conclusions.

In other words if you can't stand the heat...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Evolution is both a fact and a theory. You may say "Its just a theory." That is not true, it is independently verified empirical fact. Perhaps the theory is flawed, but evolution is observed every day. For instance, someone has a child, the child looks different than the parents. This is evolution in action.

TOE or Theory of Evolution is being debunked almost on a monthly basis....slowly evolutionary scientist are seeing this theory to be more than what it is and was.....many are concluding that 'intelligent design' had a hand in all this.

"The Disney Darwin Principles"
www.arn.org...

"Physicstoday.org critiques ID"
www.arn.org...

I could and can find more to put more major holes in "evolution" but I will let this 'award' speak for itself....cause no one has won it yet.....

" The Origin-of-Life Prize �"
www.us.net...

Note: If TOE or theory of Evolution and all it's parts and theories was indeed correct and "empirical"...this 1.3 million ought to be easy money, wouldn't you think?

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
clearly there is no reason to simply deny the existence of God based upon Newtonian Conclusions.

Thanx for my new signature Toltec!!! Don't sue me for copyright infringement...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:50 PM
link   
is base a condensed form of matter that we have come to know as weight...
weight that creates objects that one percieves in this dimension...
or is base the desire to see what one wants to percieve...
what is percetion...
is perception the ability to see base...
if so...
is perception not the ability to see bases in which we feel yet cannot yet measure...
if yes to any of these questions...
i will pray for you...
for divine wisdom and knowledge to "see" the truth...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchistSuperstar

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

You should give people credit when you use their quotes. Epicurus said that.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Bigsage, you're talking about something totally different than I am...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
faculty.washington.edu...
abcnews.go.com...
www.nature.com...

Souls dont exist, they are illogical.

Basically, you're claiming I'm wrong because you have trouble comprehending physics?

Just because you're ignorant, doesnt mean I'm wrong.

Newtonian conclusions? Do you even know what you're talking about?

And yes, Epicurus said that, I never claimed that I created that quote.

www.cs.auckland.ac.nz...

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by AnarchistSuperstar]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
the all that is...
or your perception of the mass void we have come to recgonize as life...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchistSuperstar
faculty.washington.edu...
abcnews.go.com...
www.nature.com...

Souls dont exist, they are illogical.

Basically, you're claiming I'm wrong because you have trouble comprehending physics?

Just because you're ignorant, doesnt mean I'm wrong.

Newtonian conclusions? Do you even know what you're talking about?

And yes, Epicurus said that, I never claimed that I created that quote.

I'm just saying you should tell people that.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Okay. Mad props to Epicurus.

Sorry, no one created man, nature did.

Homosapiens share common ancestors with apes.

Okay, I'm going to have to completely dismiss you because you believe the present doesnt exist. ...That speaks for itself.

For the record, metaphysics and ontological arguements are inane. Name something that exists that doesnt have material form. It's psuedo-science.

I'm not denying deities, I'm validating the claim that they dont exist. You seem to use words to make yourself appear more intelligent than you really are, which is fine by me. But it holds zero water in a debate centered around validated evidence and logic.

Square circles dont exist for the same reason gods dont exist.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join