It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gods Dont Exist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchistSuperstar

Just because you're ignorant, doesnt mean I'm wrong.

Newtonian conclusions? Do you even know what you're talking about?

Just because You are ignorant, doesn't mean you are right.

You aren't even using your own conclusion.. just rehashed thoughts and theories of others.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   
the pimp is gettin down...
with some money makin real talk...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
People who have been able to observe events they couldn't possible know about. Because of brain death, unconsciousness or physical limitation.

Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis of Experimental Research Project into Out-of-Body Experiences

Souls dont exist, they are illogical.

Illogical in what sense??? Explain yourself...

Basically, you're claiming I'm wrong because you have trouble comprehending physics?

Oh You don't say...

Just because you're ignorant, doesnt mean I'm wrong.

When you don't have anything better to say, you start calling names... nice...

And I didn't say you were wrong. If you're smart enough, you'll understand what I have said.

Newtonian conclusions? Do you even know what you're talking about?

Now you're talking to Toltec.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigsage
the all that is...
or your perception of the mass void we have come to recgonize as life...

If you're talking to me: Then... No no no. I meant making a claim, saying you are right and then posting nothing to back it up.

Anyway he did it partially later on (by posting something I already know about) as we can see.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Souls dont exist, they are illogical.

I do not believe in god. I do not follow any religion. I do believe in ghosts, so I find it difficult to consider the inner self senseless. What are your thoughts on ghosts? You have stated that souls don't exist, so I'm assuming you also believe that ghosts do not exist. Just curious.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Prove a God/Creator doesn't exist
You really think we (humans) have knowledge... we know absolutely nothing, everything is a theory. So naive.
Something can't come from nothing. Can it?

All I am going to post in this thread because it's been discussed too many times.

ps: btw if your going to call people ignorant. wtf is up with God Don't Exist?(God do not exist maw!) Doesn't.

Theory Does not = Fact

PPS: I see you changed the title in an attempt to backpedal.
it's cool though everyone is entitled to their own opinon, however you have yet to prove anything.

I can admit I know nothing, can you?

I smell pseudo knowledge

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Actually, I have my own theorem which I developped a few months back. Nature/Reality = Congruent, suffice to say, disproves all deities.

Souls dont exst, why? There is no evidence for souls. The end. Oh yeah, and their superstitious origins.

Ghosts? How about infrasound.

www.cnn.com...

Nothing can possess the characteristics attributed to deities being as it is logically impossible, for instance, nothing can proceed itself. Nothing can be where it cant be. Nothing can do what it cant do. All are things which theists claim deities do. Since nothing has these abilities, nothing defined as a deity can exist.

We know absolutely nothing? 2+2=4. We know one thing, at least. 2+3+5. Oh, thats two things. We know how to fly, we know how to build super skyscrapers, we know how to put people on the moon. We dont know anything? Yeah right.

Who is claiming something can come from nothing? Cause and effect, the universe is infinite.

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by AnarchistSuperstar]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Problem is empirically and scientifically proving the "cause"......the limited mind cannot understand nor fathom the infinite.

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Thing is, we can understand the infinite. Circles end where they begin. Infinite in size? Everything that exists is the universe. Some people think of the universe as a "bubble." thats not true. If something were to exist outside of that "bubble" it would be part of the universe. Nothing can exist outside of the universe.

I gotta jet, I'll be back in like.. an hour or so.. maybe sooner.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
AnarchistSuperstar:

In your vast store house of knowledge, understanding, and wisdom would you care to view:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And make commentary on the subject discuss or are you going to "cop out".

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
We've responded to infrasound over in "Paranormal Abilities". Details as to when infrasound is 'sensed' isn't clearly stated. It seems that someone would have to hit a switch in order for this to work (outside of stated occurrences). Don't get me wrong, it says it MAY be an explanation for ghostly activity. It doesn't explain away other experiences such as photographic evidence, electronic voice phenomena and all of people's alleged encounters including flying toasters..etc. It's my understanding that the infrasound experiment wasn't for paranormal purposes and simply suggested a relation. (to sensations)

"Some scientists have suggested that this level of sound may be present at some allegedly haunted sites and so cause people to have odd sensations that they attribute to a ghost -- our findings support these ideas," said Professor Richard Wiseman, a psychologist at the University of Hertfordshire in southern England.

"Infrasound is also produced by storms, seasonal winds and weather patterns and some types of earthquakes. Animals such as elephants also use infrasound to communicate over long distances or as weapons to repel foes."

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Actually, I have my own theorem which I developped a few months back. Nature/Reality = Congruent, suffice to say, disproves all deities.

Well congratulations, now prepare your theory to be studied and analysed by scientific institutions.

Souls dont exst, why? There is no evidence for souls. The end. Oh yeah, and their superstitious origins.

Bull#... Lack of evidence never means that something does not exist

Ghosts? How about infrasound.

www.cnn.com...

Yesss, this little article automatically disproves ghosts and everything that has to do with ghosts. Talk about throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Nothing can possess the characteristics attributed to deities being as it is logically impossible, for instance, nothing can proceed itself. Nothing can be where it cant be. Nothing can do what it cant do. All are things which theists claim deities do. Since nothing has these abilities, nothing defined as a deity can exist.

We know absolutely nothing? 2+2=4. We know one thing, at least. 2+3+5. Oh, thats two things. We know how to fly, we know how to build super skyscrapers, we know how to put people on the moon. We dont know anything? Yeah right.

So what, do we know how to travel to another solar system??? Do we know how to explore the whole ocean??? We don't know everything.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Thing is, we can understand the infinite. Circles end where they begin. Infinite in size? Everything that exists is the universe. Some people think of the universe as a "bubble." thats not true. If something were to exist outside of that "bubble" it would be part of the universe. Nothing can exist outside of the universe.

Amaaaazing!!! So when Stephen Hawking is discussing multiple universes he is wrong!!! You're quite the scientist, aren't you!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Its pretty sad when you attribute your lack of knowledge to the paranormal.
I took pictures before that shown "anamolies" that are put on television.. They claim its ghosts. I say it has to do with light getting in the lens, things like that. There are more normal photographs than there are of ghosts, seeing as how over a hundred billion humans have died before us, you'd think there would be more pictures of ghosts. But once again, Socrates invented the concept of a soul and it stuck to people ever since. I guess they are scared of death. So they believe in life after death. I myself believe in life before death.

Absence of evidence is evidence of absence. Sorry. But even if you believe its not, its justification for lack of belief. No one claimed to know everything, but just because we're not omniscient, doesnt mean we know nothing.

When Steven Hawking is discussing the possibilities of other universes, technically, it would just be part of the universe.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
people are really dissapointing...
for the exception of those that move with the light...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Everything that exists is real. Everything that is real exists. Nature governs everything that is real, from every particle to every black hole, gravity, solar radiation, everything. This is a material universe.

Ergo God is real and is part of nature. You still have not responded to my previous post.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Ergo: God might exist, and it exists within nature. And it isnt omnipotent, or omniscient, or omnipresent, or omnibenevolent, and it had a beginning and is no more impressive than rock. Nice religion you got there.

Anyways. I believe Israel is a flesh eating cancer. They stole all of Palestines land.

No Justice. No Peace.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
God: "#! I'm sure glad these people prayed to Me. I thought Bill wanted to die slowly of a lingering, painful cancer that will cause him agony, and leave his family bankrupt."

Nothing fails like prayer, especially in congress.

Trillions and trillions of prayers every day asking and begging and pleading for favors. 'Do this' 'Gimme that' 'I want a new car' 'I want a better job'. And most of this praying takes place on Sunday. And I say fine, pray for anything you want. Pray for anything. But...what about the divine plan? Remember that? The divine plan. Long time ago god made a divine plan. Gave it a lot of thought. Decided it was a good plan. Put it into practice. And for billion and billions of years the divine plan has been doing just fine. Now you come along and pray for something. Well, suppose the thing you want isn't in god's divine plan. What do you want him to do? Change his plan? Just for you? Doesn't it seem a little arrogant? It's a divine plan. What's the use of being god if every run-down schmuck with a two dollar prayer book can come along and # up your plan? And here's something else, another problem you might have; suppose your prayers aren't answered. What do you say? 'Well it's god's will. God's will be done.' Fine, but if it gods will and he's going to do whatever he wants to anyway; why the # bother praying in the first place? Seems like a big waste of time to me. Couldn't you just skip the praying part and get right to his will? [George Carlin, from "You Are All Diseased".]

You know, people prayed for world peace.. hmm.. what happened...

Hmm.. people prayed for some vague metaphysical forces to save children from starvation, strange, nothing happened. All they needed was a tiny bit of rain and the problem was solved. hey! two hands working do more than an infinite amount clasped in prayer.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Alright said I wasn't going to post... Call me a liar.

So now you are saying the christian god doesn't exist?

He might not. Organized Religion is a tool to control the masses.

"Something" had to create the universe... you can't have something out of nothing.

They say "Oh but Lysergic there were these gases and plasma blah blah and a pony"

And where did this come from?

We know nothing, really.

PS: Please try to stay up with us, you're starting to look ignorant.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
You still have not responded to my post and seem to be "coping out" and your previous post is nothing more than anti-semitic drivel. I get the impression that you would like to put Jews into concentration camps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join