It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThreadKillers Anonymous

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
kalapadea should do a podcast based on the story behind the first picture.

Arr.... I'm on it! So eh, whatever happened to ah... gettin me an avatar worth havin ^^

So according to you ladies, being called female may be a good thing...?

[edit on 10/30/2005 by Kalapadea]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Being female is a very good thing.... But sometimes I wish I was a guy, you had cooler toys to play with as a kid. Its ok if you fart in public, if we do it, people faint...As far as an avatar, I'll make you one later, I have to run to a tupperware party at my sisters
Oh the things we do for family...

[edit on 10/30/2005 by denial28]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
That's a great photo of us at the Gay Pride Parade in Texas!

I hope denial shaved her back before we got there. I really don't like back hair. (That's BACK hair not BLACK hair, kalapadea)

I'm from Vancouver, I can spot a Pride Parade at 100 metres.

Lucas just should have left well enough alone. I have no interest in watching 3 prequels and an upcoming television series when I already know how it ends. And yes the pod-racing movie sucked!!! There, I said it.

I have no artristic skill whatsoever but I can give moral support in the quest for a new avatar. I suppose squirrels with lightsabers is already taken. How does one represent randomness and maleness in an avatar?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

How does one represent randomness and maleness in an avatar?

A pic of Elton John doing his Crocodile rock performance on the muppet show?

And also thank you so much for the visions of back hair, I had a friend named ELI who was the hairiest MOFO you'd ever see, and clumps of his back hair were dustbunnies in his apartment EEEEEEEEK!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Google image search saves the day again !!!!!

Is there nothing Google can't do?

[edit on 30-10-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
well, flashy presentation aside, the nine episodes of star wars were written to illustrate how a democracy canned be subsumed by a dictatorship. the parallels with the current condition in america are obvious.
*SPOILER* do not read if you want to watch the last star wars movie...
not really. it was discussed in congress whether to ban star wars because of it's clear anti-bush/american(lol) sentiments. remember?
and, all because jedi annakin skywalker(good/selfless/light based) turned sith darth vader(evil/ego/darkness based) says, 'you are either with me, or against me', to which obi wan replies, "only a sith deals in absolutes." clearly a bush reference.

star wars: it's more than lunch boxes for ten yr. olds.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
well, flashy presentation aside, the nine episodes of star wars were written to illustrate how a democracy canned be subsumed by a dictatorship. the parallels with the current condition in america are obvious.

I thought there were only six episodes of star wars made into films. Unless, of course, you are referring to the Ewok movie, the Star Wars holiday special and that episode of the Muppets with all the cast from Star Wars - didn't see much in the way of hidden social commentary there.

[edit on 30-10-2005 by kedfr]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I grew up on Star Wars. Yes Eps. 7, 8 and 9 rocked.

Not being American, I have no say in your government or what they do. If your democracy (or is it a republic?) fails, it will have nothing to do with my actions or lack thereof.

Anyhoo, many Americans on this board have made it quite clear that those of us who don't live there are unqualified to comment on the state of the Union and our input is not needed. I disagree but respect their wishes.

If America needs to be told how to think through movies, you guys really need to build more libraries.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

If America needs to be told how to think through movies, you guys really need to build more libraries.

Especially in something as banal as Episode One. Tell me, what do you think Jar Jar Binks represents?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kedfr
Especially in something as banal as Episode One. Tell me, what do you think Jar Jar Binks represents?

To me, Jar Jar Binks represents the waste of a huge amount of money on stupid special effects. That money could have been put towards, oh I don't know, a STORYLINE maybe????

:shk:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I thought there were only six episodes of star wars made into films. Unless, of course, you are referring to the Ewok movie, the Star Wars holiday special and that episode of the Muppets with all the cast from Star Wars - didn't see much in the way of hidden social commentary there.

[edit on 30-10-2005 by kedfr]

six, nine.... what's the difference how many pieces you slice the pie into? it is still pie.
i'm pretty sure it was a book first, and there were nine episodes which were condensed into six flicks.

there was plenty of social commentary in the episode i'm refering to(the last one). lucas specifically stated that his purpose was to illustrate how a democracy can turn into a dictatorship. it's not even hidden.
history really does repeat itself.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
See, here's the thing.

I already know how democracy can go to dictatorship in a very short time. I have personal friends who lived in Germany during the rise of Hitler. They were members of the Youth party. They thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread and was going to make their country strong.

And I think we all know how that ended.

I had read the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by the time I was 14.

I also have an aquaintance whose father is fighting extradition to Italy after having been tried and convicted in absentia for war crimes committed during WW2. Google the Beast of Bolzano.

I know what kind of hell this is putting people through, 60 years after the events and how easily they were led there. I also see how this destroys the lives of people who weren't even born yet, ie: the 'Beast's' sons and their families who get harrassed for something they never even knew about until 6 years ago.

I don't need George Lucas to waste my $11.50 Canadian telling me these things. I want lightsabers, Yoda and Jedi, not a history lesson.

[edit on 30-10-2005 by Duzey]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

six, nine.... what's the difference how many pieces you slice the pie into? it is still pie.
i'm pretty sure it was a book first, and there were nine episodes which were condensed into six flicks.

there was plenty of social commentary in the episode i'm refering to(the last one). lucas specifically stated that his purpose was to illustrate how a democracy can turn into a dictatorship. it's not even hidden.
history really does repeat itself.

If it was a book then it was never published. I think Lucas' intention was for it to be a nine part series but for obvious reasons it never got to 7,8 & 9 (ie. Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill et al all got too old).

There was social commentary in the last one but even though I thought it was a pretty decent film and much better than Eps 1 & 2, it wasn't exactly subtle, insightful or even deep. Incidently, it is no co-incidence that George Lucas stopped focusing on Luke Sykwalker (Luke S = Luca s) and began empathising with Darth Vader. George IS Anikin/Vader. He has sold his soul to the emperor and is now more machine than human (or at least his films are).

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

There was social commentary in the last one but even though I thought it was a pretty decent film and much better than Eps 1 & 2, it wasn't exactly subtle, insightful or even deep. Incidently, it is no co-incidence that George Lucas stopped focusing on Luke Sykwalker (Luke S = Luca s) and began empathising with Darth Vader. George IS Anikin/Vader. He has sold his soul to the emperor and is now more machine than human (or at least his films are).

i'm glad it wasn't subtle or deep. the masses are thick. they all suffer from information overload, as do you and i. there's your pandemic.
i agree with you about lucas. i think he is a pivotal part of the nwo, just like michael moore, bono, and perhaps even alex jones.
i just posted on a nwo order thread about lucis trust and lucent technologies being nwo establishments.
fiat lux.

[edit on 30-10-2005 by billybob]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

i agree with you about lucas. i think he is a pivotal part of the nwo, just like michael moore, bono, and perhaps even alex jones.
i just posted on a nwo order thread about lucis trust and lucent technologies being nwo exstablishments.
fiat lux.

I think ATS is the NWO.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I think ATS is the NWO.

good on you. i agree with that, too.
to be fair, the extreme compartmentalisation strategies of the illuminati cause people(99% of us, probably) to serve their ends one way or another, without even knowing. we think we are aware, good and noble, whereas, any force one puts up allows a counterforce to come into existance. the illuminati strategy is to use the momentum of influence and confluence of ideas without every stepping into the flow.
the successful warrior puts himself beyond the possibility of defeat.
the illuminati are the riders of the pale horse. they're pretty well, number one in the successful warriors dept., as they have created society as we know it.
they just play with polar opposite philosophies and bounce people off each other to see who dies.

[edit on 30-10-2005 by billybob]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Billybob, there are plenty of other places to discuss the Illuminati & NWO on ATS. However, Below Top Secret - and more specifically Threadkillers - is not one of them.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

they just play with polar opposite philosophies and bounce people off each other to see who dies.

Embrace TKA then. There are people within this group who have different philosophies and we manage to co-exist without anyone dying.

And please, for the love of all that is good and chocolatey, stop being so darn depressing!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
hey Denial, congrats on 6 weeks!
My wife has an oops that is at 8 weeks.
I thought I caught my limit with two, now we're gonna have an extra.
I didnt want to retire soon anyway.

did someone mention doughnuts?

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Congratulations shadow watcher!

You are surrounding by hormonal pregnant women.

No offense denial, but that was an amazing rant and then 5 seconds later your all 'Hi I'm whacky girl!' It's great!

Since Tinkles been away there hasn't been much cleaning going on here. What that means for you is if you stand in one place long enough, a donut will eventually walk by.

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join