It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ThreadKillers Anonymous

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
That makes Kedfr, Zaph, Kala and myself all The Crafters. Hmmm, do I smell a conspiracy???

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Smell a conspiracy? nah, that's just the roadkill stench from my tires.

Funny, I never saw the Craft.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The Craft? You missed nothing my squirrelly friend. There are some tight white school shirts with appropriate lighting shots, if you are into that kind of thing... then again, what is to be expected with teenage witches?

Kedfr, I love your horror list. Movie night at your place next Friday? I'll bring the popcorn.

Kala: Where is your new avatar?

Zaph: Where is Tinkle?

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
The Craft? You missed nothing my squirrelly friend. There are some tight white school shirts with appropriate lighting shots, if you are into that kind of thing... then again, what is to be expected with teenage witches?

Kedfr, I love your horror list. Movie night at your place next Friday? I'll bring the popcorn.

Kala: Where is your new avatar?

Zaph: Where is Tinkle?

Happy? I forgot to change it last night, I was too wiped out from looking for the body of that raccoon.

Hey, Bring the movies to the LOUNGE! I didn't get surround sound in there for nothing you know!

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Love, love, love that avatar. And now you look almost as hot as Loamy, although I see he has gone back to his basic green patch of grass. Okie, here are my suggestions for tonight.

Let's go Old School:

Phantasmagoria
Halloween
Texas Chainsaw
Rosemary's Baby
Exorcist
House on Haunted Hill
Wickerman
Harry Potter Portrait of a Serial Killer

Whoever is getting snacks, get Mountain Dews for Zaph and Candy Corn for Denial.

Edit !!! Forgot Evil Dead. Sorry, sorry, sorry. Just for that we'll watch the trilogy. Oh, I forgot Trilogy of Terror, Sybil and that creepy ventriloquist movie.

[edit on 31-10-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
/cries

where's Bruce Campbell!?!

I got so far:

2 GIANT bags of candy corn
2 36 can packs of MDew
1 36 pack Vcoke
Enough popcorn to keep anyone happy
Misc other candies totaling $130 from Sam's Club.

Need more soda Though.

EDIT: we should do a "skit" for "The Watcher" ...

[edit on 10/31/2005 by Kalapadea]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
...Let's go Old School...

Harry, Portrait of a Serial Killer

Harry Potter, Serial Killer.

(yeh yeh I know it should be Henry not Harry. But the typo appealed somehow. I like the idea of a wizard serial killer. Certainly be an interesting twist on the last of the J.K.Rowling books...)

[edit on 31-10-2005 by kedfr]

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I agree. Any ideas Kala? You are chock full of them
Like a squirrel with nuts.

Anyone have a list of worst scary movies ever?

I nominate the Craft in there as well as The Haunting. My wish was that whatshiname from Zoolander got decapitated sooner, like before production.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The Watcher through pictures.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Derek Zoolander: What is this? A school for ants? How can we be expected to teach children to learn how to read if they can't even fit inside the building?

Mugatu: Derek, this is just a small...

Derek: I don't wanna hear your excuses! The building has to be at least... 3 times... bigger!

Great movie... yes.

The classic harry potter joke of course is "Harry Pothead and the Stoned Sorcerer"

but if it were for the 7th book.... Harry Potter leads a double life, in his dreams he is Lord Voldemort. But when he is sleeping, his mind takes the form of Voldemort, like a golem, rising from mud. Then he commits the evil deeds Voldy is infamous for. So like, one night he ron and hermione, are running from something nasty in the castle, and then they are trapped in the room of requirement. They decided to take a break, and harry takes a nap, releasing his mind as Lord voldemort, and slowly killing off the students in the castle. Then Harry wakes up, and he ron and hermione continue running from whatever it is they're running from. But then something hits harry on the head, knocks him unconscious, and releases the dreaded one again, to kill off ron and hermione. Of course, ron and hermione don't realize the truth, but they try to wake harry to escape, he awakens and the V-dude disappears again. Eventually he falls asleep and gets voldemort the football and blows up the world.... The end.

Oh yes, I know you liked it

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
How bout this... Harry develops feelings for Ron, gets rejected and goes on a rampage offing off his favourite classmates and that girl who dumped him. Then, through a spell from that weird woman who was married to Kenneth Branaugh, before he cheated on her with the voice from Corpse Bride, makes Ron, Hermione and Neville into Zombies. Harry Potter then takes a page from Bruce and saws off his own hand and replaces it with a giant wand.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Ha If I don't say so myself, that is one damn fine avatar there kalapadea...

PS I turned out to be the "BLair Witch Project"

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Your Results:
Psycho
Psycho (1960) - You are INSANE. Yes, that's right - out of all of the results, this is the only one that can confirm that you are legally insane. All I can say is get help - before you dress up like your mother and go on a 'stabbing-girls-in-the-shower killing spree'.

surprisingly accurate poll. i'm just waiting for my mom's dress to get back from the tailor. she was a large woman.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hah, ahah, haha, no.

Go die in a fire /holds out matches.

Denial, thanks.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
i'm already on fire, baby.

*fsssssssh* oW!
*does james brown move*

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
My stapler smells funny.
My phone is broken.
My speakers pop.
My pen exploded.
My cat likes cheese more than me.
My dog likes to chew plastic.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Kalapadea, that avatar is perfect for you. I'm sorry your stapler smells funny. I found it beside fritz's litter box so I put it back on your desk.

Oooh, a quiz. *claps hands* I love a good quiz.

I am The Dawn of the Dead.

You take pride in being different. You don't follow any trend, you don't follow any path of life - although this isn't the way it has always been. You used to conform for the masses - you were just like everyone else. Whatever your reasons were, you changed, and are now having fun being an individual and standing out above the rest.

It's kind of spooky that we are so similar. You know, weirdos.

With all these people dropping in we may have to look into hiring a maid. This is starting to get a little embarrassing, we don't want them to think we are pigs.

We can break that to them gently later.

Originally posted by kedfr
They are not even native to England - they are grey squirrels of the American variety

Oh yeah, sure, blame America for everything.

I'm so sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

This is Joyce thinking for sure. It’s very close to a central theme in Joyce, and a central theme in the western religious tradition, which is, the coming into being, the manifestation of the word, the declension of the word into matter. In a sense, what Joyce was trying to do, was, he was in that great tradition of literary  alchemy, whose earlier practitioners were people like Robert Flood, Athanasius Kircher, Paracelcis, these are not familiar names, but in the late flowering of alchemy, when the birth of modern science, the rosy glow could already be seen, the alchemist turned towards literary allegory in the 16th and 17th Century. Joyce is essentially in that tradition, I mean, this is an effort to condense the entirety of experience, all, as Joyce says in the Wake, “all space-time in a knotshell”, is what we’re searching for here, a kind of  philosopher’s stone of literary associations from which the entire universe can be made to blossom forth. And the way it’s done is through pun, and tricks of language, and double and triple and quadruple entendre. No word is opaque. Every word is transparent, and you see through it to older meanings, stranger associations, and as your mind tries to follow these associative trees of connection, you get the feeling which is the unique feeling that the Wake gives you, which is about as close to  '___' on the page as you can get, because you are simultaneously many points of view, simultaneously many dramatis locci, many places in the plot, and the whole thing is riddled with  resonance. A man doing a task on one level is on another level a Greek god completing a task, and on another level some other figure of some more obscure mythology. So really one thing about FW is it’s like a dip-stick for your own intelligence. What you bring to it is going to determine what you get out.

from, fusionanomaly, surfin' on finnegan's wake

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
billybob,

Do you ever get the feeling that people aren't quite getting what you're trying to say?

In my case, it's true.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Kalapadea, that avatar is perfect for you.

Ok, then next question... What color should I change the background to?

Billy: Please, seek medical help immediately, for I'm going to kill you, or at least maim for life.

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join