It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mini Short Story Contest - Fragile Earth Winner Announced

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I agree Vagabond. I've already started on my Halloween story and I think it'll be my best yet.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Oh man, I suck at horror stories. I don't think i've ever written anything scary in my entire life. I did write the story, To kill a Ghost, but it didn't even get a reply.

Know what the shortest horror story ever written was? It goes like this:

"The last human left on Earth sat quietly in a room. There was a knock at the door."

Oh well, I guess i'm of to think of spooky things and maybe get an idea or two about the next contest.

Right now I still have the head cold Void gave me and i'm just not in the writing mood. THANKS VOID!!!!

Love and light my friends,

Wupy

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
"The last human left on Earth sat quietly in a room. There was a knock at the door."

That is where you are wrong. The story goes like this:
"The last man left on Earth sat quietly in a room. There was a knock at the door. It was his Mother-In-Law."

Oh well, I guess i'm of to think of spooky things and maybe get an idea or two about the next contest.

If you want I can help you brainstorm for ideas. I'm pretty decent at writting these kinds of things. At least I think I am.

Right now I still have the head cold Void gave me and i'm just not in the writing mood. THANKS VOID!!!!

My parents always told me to share.

[edit on 25-9-2005 by Voidmaster]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Lots of good entries so far... hmmm

Just a reminder the contest ends tomorrow 12pm Eastern...So get those entries in by then.

Good Luck All!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Just curious...how long will it take to judge the stories? Like, would we know the results by this weekend?

I'm a n00b.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I always try to post results within 48 hours of the close of the contest. Expect them no later than the 30th of September

or maybe I'll just hold on them longer to make you guys suffer

kidding

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I can't believe this, We had a writing contest and I only submitted one story. I'm either getting old or dense, or both. Well, actually I ended up pretty busy during the two weeks that this short contest ran. I'll try to do better during the next contest.

I just hope I can write a spooky story

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

I'm either getting old or dense, or both.

hey...what's the matter with old?

mrwupy is an ageist! You better be careful, ots is right behind me, age-wise. No way to win votes, youngster!!

This is great! Things are really coming together.

[edit on 27-9-2005 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Hi mrwupy,

I think you will do fine! I know that writing a particuar type of story can be difficult if you are not "into" the subject matter. I think I would pull my hair out trying to write a story with "cleaning house" as the subject.
I am not sure if I will have the time to enter the Halloween short story contest. I will try though. I have to admit, that I dont care much about winning, I just like being able to share my stories, and read the ones that people have written.

If you want mrwupy, I could find some ghost-hunter sites for you, to give you some inspiration!

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvrshadow
If you want mrwupy, I could find some ghost-hunter sites for you, to give you some inspiration!

Shadow you are a true sweet heart. I've been to the ghost sites and even submitted pictures to them that I have taken of ghosts. I think i'll rely on my own experiances if I have to come up with a story.

i was thinking today about a mass murderer who loves halloween because he can run a haunted house with the actual corpses of the people he has killed. people pay to see them and find it all in great fun. I trashed that idea, to smelly.

I'm sure i'll come up with something though. Thank you my friend for the offer of help though.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Well, this makes me happy as......uhhh.....err.....it makes me happy as........hmmmmm......a gas station attendant in a hurricane evacuation? No, no, that is much too happy.

Rather, I am displeased to have run out of gas like the stranded motorist. I haven't written a thing. I must be getting old. Or forgetting where the keyboard is.......or was that the remote?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Last Call is Midnight Eastern Standard Time tonight!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
And the winners are:

First Place: Love Story by Sylvrshadow

Second Place: The Trees by Nickelbee

Third Place: The Foggy Lady by Masqua

Congratulations to the winners and to all the writers who participated. It was fun and interesting reading all of your entries. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'll add comments to the entries later

and don't forget think "scary"

[edit on 9-30-2005 by worldwatcher]

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
You made my day, Worldwatcher!

I'm surprised to make 3rd place with the great entries in this contest. There's some remarkable talent here at ATS, no doubt.

Now, I wonder if Springer is going to be looking for scriptwriters when the TV series starts? (heh heh)

*thinking scary*

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Congratulations to all the winners, Each of you are most deserving of the awards. This was a tough competition all around and to come out on top as you did shows just how truly talented you actually are.

Love and light to each of you,

Wupy

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
OMG!!!

I am completely in shock, as I in no way expected to win the contest.
There were so many stories that I believe were much much better than mine. I would like to say thank you for the opportunity, especially since it helped me to discover another cool part of ATS.(Ive been a member since last year, and seemed to have somehow, always overlooked this place!
)

I hope to have time to participate in the writers workshop. Being surrounded by such a talented group of folks has kicked my creative fires up a notch(to borrow a bit for Emeril.) I have to admit that I am still shock, and since it is 1:30 in the morning, I will be forced to return here when the sun comes up and make sure my eyes were not playing tricks on me!

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Congratulations to all the winners. They were great stories and I loved reading them all.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
A heartfelt congratulations to all the winners! You have all done extremely well and are well deserving of the praise and accolades you have received. This contest truly ramped up the quality a significant number of notches and that is evident in the winning entries. It was nice to see some new faces in this contest and I am looking forward to the next contest with renewed vigour. Well done once again!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Thanks to everybody for sharing your stories with us, and congratulations to the winners!

I look forward to the next contest, and I hope all of the entrants from this one will be returning... you all did great work

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Congratulations to the winners.

Now then...what are the rules for the next contest? I'll make it a scary one--but I don't observe Halloween.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join