It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Police Shoot 8 on New Orleans Bridge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This just in from CNN:

AP: Army Corps of Engineers says police killed some of its workers as they crossed a bridge on the way to repair a canal. More soon

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
This just in from CNN:

AP: Army Corps of Engineers says police killed some of its workers as they crossed a bridge on the way to repair a canal. More soon

Well, Fox is saying that the contractors are okay and the thugs that shot at the contractors are the ones who were killed. So which is it?

Update from Associated Press:

hosted.ap.org...

Two versions of BC-Katrina-Shootings-HK1, V3170 and V3182, have been killed. The Army Corps of Engineers says the contractors were shot at, then police shot fatally the gunmen who fired on the contractors. The contractors were not killed, the Army Corps said.

A kill is mandatory.

Make certain the story is not used.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by SourGrapes]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by Simulacra
This just in from CNN:

Well, Fox is saying that the contractors are okay and the thugs that shot at the contractors are the ones who were killed. So which is it?

Fox News is notorious for 'jumping the gun', Im going with CNN.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This just in from CNN:

AP: Army Corps of Engineers says its contractors were not killed by police, but gunmen who fired at them were killed. More soon.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Apparently this is all from the AP and they're changing the story...it seems like FOX is just reporting what the AP is saying faster. We don't really know what happened yet IMO.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
CNN is just reporting and this has been confirmed according to CNN this according to CNN came off of the AP wire service.

The police responded to a call by the Army and responded to their call for help. No, I repeat no army corps of engineers were killed. Those that died where hoodlums. No hard copy at this time will post as soon as it is.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Oh never mind!

[edit on 4-9-2005 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
[edit on 4-9-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

AP: Army Corps of Engineers says its contractors were not killed by police, but gunmen who fired at them were killed. More soon.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm not sure what to think at this point. 20 minutes ago an official from the Army Corp acknowledged that they were their contractors, and now the story (from the same link above) says otherwise.

What are we suppossed to believe?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
CNN reported earlier this afternoon they had Guns. So far that's all CNN is reporting.

Dallas

EDIT: 8PM: CNN now reports they were shooting at Rescue contractors, before being shot.

[edit on 4-9-2005 by Dallas]

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Maybe you all need to wait until the final reports arrive before you make your conclusions.

I really believe that the people killed were a renegade group with guns.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Marg - it was an Army Corp official in the earlier reports that confirmed they were his contractors. Either the reporters were negligent to the extreme, or..... I saw the reports before it changed. Something is wrong here.

They don't confirm things like that lightly

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Seems to me that virtually ALL of the news media is [doing their damned best in] trying to provide the most recent/ up-to-the-minute reports as is physically/technologically possible.

More and more areas are becoming accessible [to some extent].

Now that the military is there, it is/will be/ and continue to be a media frenzy . . . with the best of intentions , of course.

CNN/FOX/ABC/NBC/ etc. bringing you the latest . . .

Give consideration to the man/team in the field (ladies too).

These folks [on an individual basis], most likely as would you or I, are doing their god's honest best to cover the scene . . . so to speak.

IMHO the problem lies with how/when these [reports] filter into the 6:00 news.?!

These folks along with the recently deployed National Guard, and other military forces, have to be experiencing [on a daily basis] things they [even with Iraq] could never imagine even in their [proverbial] wildest dreams.

IMHO any/all so intricately involved will/have to be affected in ways only they can understand!

"We sent the Interview/Report/Film/ etc. back, but it was never discussed/aired/noted ?!"

Not a quote by any means, but from what I've seen, gathered, heard . . . a very real possibility [mindset].

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Marg - it was an Army Corp official in the earlier reports that confirmed they were his contractors. Either the reporters were negligent to the extreme, or..... I saw the reports before it changed. Something is wrong here.

They don't confirm things like that lightly

I am still trying to graps the truth of it, I guess that if it was an accidental killing of the wrong people, is going to be no end to the story.

I guess it will be more to come, unless the government try to hold it for a while as not to add more wood to the fire.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Only one killed according to Sky News now.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
If it was thugs that were shot dead......oh well, more scum off the streets.

I feel sorry for the police there...anyone see that one cop on CNN talk about how the other 1/3 of the force left New Orleans? 1/3...wow, thats alot...but there are some who stayed true to the call......my heart goes out to them.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This thread is a microcosm of the misinformation and disinformation power of the internet.

And that's just using secondary sources.

Deny ignorance, anyone?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Question:

If you were in New Orleans right now and owned a gun would you not be visibly "carrying" it?

I would.

To be honest, look at the place.

Their have been reports of gang-rape, etc.

Yes, I'd be carrying a gun in the open as well.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
At this point no one here really knows.

Those thugs or hoodlums as they have been called might have been a group of misguided vigilantes
trying to protect themselves from what they thought were looters.

Were those engineers wearing uniforms?

It just makes me wonder what would happen if me and my neighbors banded together to protect our neighborhood from looters and we were mistaken for hoodlums because we were armed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join