It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looting vs. Survival

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub
Nope...They had their chance not to pickup the gun. And they sure didn't give the people they shot much of a chance. So you know what in my book they used up their chances.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Timcouchfanclub]

If everyone around me was armed I'd be armed too. I really don't want to see anyone who protecting their own property shot without a chance to surrender.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I get really pissed by those who hate other peoples. Who cares about the looting, you'd do the very same thing if you were in that situation. You peoples are the reason why this world is such a bad place to live.

You see money and materialistic issues as more important than a human life. Why do you do your best to protect a system that is working in your disadvantage? Remember how the leaders were asking for your support for them to go to war. Remember how much money you pay everyday to help them kill mostly innocent peoples.

It's easy to talk rubbish when you're not in a dangerous situation. Just try not to eat or drink ONE day....... !! See what that does to you...

Humans are doomed, because they're too stupid to learn.... it's so sad..

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TigeriS
I get really pissed by those who hate other peoples. Who cares about the looting, you'd do the very same thing if you were in that situation. You peoples are the reason why this world is such a bad place to live.

I don't hate people as a group. There are certain persons that I do, but I won't go into that here. The main concern that I had about the looting was in the beginning of this disaster. You had people with no food, water or medicine and no way of getting into better conditions. In the mean time you had these stores and pharmacies sitting there with large quantities of everything that was needed to survive. Along came these gangs of animals who don't give a damn about anyone but themselves and take what they want. I don't give a damn about the TVs, computers and other junk, but the question why destroy everything else? They break into the drugstores looking for the narcotics that they can get a high off of, in the mean time they destroy the heart, blood pressure and other medication that people need. Anybody guess why that there are fires and explosions in New Orleans? These animals are setting fire to the places that they looted to prevent anyone from figuring out what is missing. How many people could be fed and clothed with the contents of one Walmart? I'd guess quite a few. If you believe that this is about money TigeriS you are sadly mistaken and need to rethink your own views.

You see money and materialistic issues as more important than a human life. Why do you do your best to protect a system that is working in your disadvantage? Remember how the leaders were asking for your support for them to go to war. Remember how much money you pay everyday to help them kill mostly innocent peoples.

Show me where mostly innocent people are being killed? If you are referring to Iraq guess again. The majority of Iraqis killed in the last few years were killed by Iraqis, Syrians, Iranians and Jordanians to name a few. If you don't want to see innocents being killed then pray that the US doesn't pull out of Iraq before a stable government is established. Everybody wants to compair this to Vietnam, well do a little research. After the US pulled out of Vietnam there was more killing of non-combatants in three years than there was during the entire war.

It's easy to talk rubbish when you're not in a dangerous situation. Just try not to eat or drink ONE day....... !! See what that does to you...

I did. I lost my house to Hurricane Ivan last year.

Humans are doomed, because they're too stupid to learn.... it's so sad..

Nice to see that you included yourself in that group with the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Rush Limbaugh said the other day that the people trapped in New Orleans are "irrelevant". It scares me to see posts by people on here like that. Where is the human compassion? What if it was your family down there? What if you were down there? Would you want to be considered irrelevant by your leaders?

The only person of leadership showing any compassion in this situation is the Mayor of New Orleans. He needs to be the next president. He is the only truthful leader down there.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTWill
Rush Limbaugh said the other day that the people trapped in New Orleans are "irrelevant". It scares me to see posts by people on here like that. Where is the human compassion?

Any idea just which day? I'de like to get [if his show offers them] a transcript of that one.

People like that posting here don't bother me anything like a national talk show host saying that does.

Misfit

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTWill
Rush Limbaugh said the other day that the people trapped in New Orleans are "irrelevant". It scares me to see posts by people on here like that. Where is the human compassion? What if it was your family down there? What if you were down there? Would you want to be considered irrelevant by your leaders?

Rush is a jerk and he is not my leader. I hope they kick his fat a$$ off the air for that.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Looks like they are turning into cannibals now, so much for being helped.

It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive. Four days after the storm, thousands of blacks in New Orleans are dying like dogs. No-one has come to help them.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

New Orleans to open Alfred Packer restuarant...news at 11 on the Soylent Green Network.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Rush is a jerk and he is not my leader. I hope they kick his fat a$$ off the air for that.

Fully agree on the jerk quota, he's filled his and many others worth of it.

Not a chance for bye-bye, too much money involved. Not to mention, he has made far worse claims in the years gone by, and he's still around to make more.

Misfit

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
OMG

wth is going on? why can't we air drop food for these people?!?!?
if it's being reported it's being seen which in turn can be helped.

where in the world is the help?

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It was either Wednesday or Thursday's show. Other shows were playing snippets of Rush's broadcast. Everyone was appalled.

Rush portrays that Bush, the Replicans, and Conservatives can do nothing wrong and that any bad things said about them is the brainwashed lying liberals that are trying to destroy this country.

Rush needs to become irrelevant and lose his radio show. If anyone needs a stroke to be unable to speak and write it is him.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It looks like confusion, desperate people and grabbing at anything materialistic.
It's sad, IT's our Western way I suppose.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It occures to me the the global top dog of consumerism, (america) needs to take stock of reality. "throwaway society" is no longer acceptable. Why is it that it takes a disaster like new orleans to rock the lazy, careless boat of gluttonous consumerism.
Now folk are hungry, wheres that 96 billion pounds of food you guys threw on your streets last year?
no real equality in America, where folk starve in alleyways, while the rich dine in luxury, and so much ends up trash.
Most appauling to me is the practice (here too) of restaraunts etc, who thow out enormous amounts of food each day in dumpsters, while folk starve, only because it wasnt sold, or was slightly imperfect. Shame, Shame, shame.
How about some fine restraunts in the rest of the country donate to new orleans?

www.montgomerycountymd.gov.../content/dep/conservation/food.asp

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar
It occures to me the the global top dog of consumerism, (america) needs to take stock of reality. "throwaway society" is no longer acceptable. Why is it that it takes a disaster like new orleans to rock the lazy, careless boat of gluttonous consumerism.
Now folk are hungry, wheres that 96 billion pounds of food you guys threw on your streets last year?
no real equality in America, where folk starve in alleyways, while the rich dine in luxury, and so much ends up trash.
Most appauling to me is the practice (here too) of restaraunts etc, who thow out enormous amounts of food each day in dumpsters, while folk starve, only because it wasnt sold, or was slightly imperfect. Shame, Shame, shame.
How about some fine restraunts in the rest of the country donate to new orleans?

www.montgomerycountymd.gov.../content/dep/conservation/food.asp

Here lies the real truth, well done!

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I see we are politically correcting ourselves to muteness. I did not see that coming, especially from this website. Out of the box thinking is offensive to many, I can understand that .

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Has anyone consittered that right now the jails are probably safer, dryer, more sanatary, AND better supplied than any of the shelters?

As for the people just acting like flat out animals (shooting, raping, pillaging luxury items), I say take advantage of the Martial law 'n just gun 'em down.
Cold, true, but these slime bags are proving that they have no right to be part of the human race.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The jails and prisons are reportedly evacuated to facilities in TX due to flooding. They were the actual first to be evacuted from the city.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Now, just imagine the disastrous situation in New Orleans and the surrounding area as one small isolated spot in this country as it would be after the U.S. got hit with a bunch of nukes in an exchange with China or Russia or anybody else. The thought of what it could be like is enough to make everyone step back from nuclear war.

I like to think my country is a decent, civilized place, but the stories and pictures coming out of the hurricane disaster area make you realize just how thin the veneer of civilization really is. I know the vast majority of people are keeping it together in the face of a terrible situation, but the fact is, the minority who are turning lawless and violent are a force strong enough to take over that majority in the absense of meaningful counter force. Does anyone think a pack of wolves stops to contemplate that the flock of sheep they are attacking outnumbers them a hundred to one?

Remember that the next time you go to vote. It takes someone willing to put up a fight, to organize and lead resistance. We, the people are to blame for letting our children grow up to be people who can do the things going on in New Orleans now. We are failing our jobs as parents and counsellors to our young. Somehow, someway, we need to change the way we do things now to prevent these kinds of events from happening again in the future.

[edit on 3-9-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
First, most jails are built below ground level, in order to make blasting through a wall more difficult. So they were the first flooded. On day one after Katrina, the central NO jail announced they were releasing all the criminals, since they were going to drown anyway, and their weren't enough cops to move 'em out of state without a riot.

Second. The governor of Louisianna kept refusing to declare martial law until Wednesday. So, because of the Constitution, the FEDS couldn't move in without LA permission. The governor invited selected states (AR) but refused federal help

The governor is also a democrat.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
First, most jails are built below ground level, in order to make blasting through a wall more difficult.

That's the first I've ever heard that one.

What jails are you referring to?

Misfit

[edit on 3-9-2005 by Misfit]

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
city jails.

You usually build "dug outs," with the floor about 3-5 ft. below ground level.

It keeps the temperature in the facility stable, and reduces air conditioning costs.

Most blast-proof concrete has compressive strength, but not shearing strength. So you put the walls where they wont be directly attacked by explosives, runaway vehicles in the parking-lot, etc.

Generally, if you go "behind the front desk" in most metro jails, the cells themselves are either above the 5th floor or in/under the ground. Both of these help foil escape attempts.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join