It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looting vs. Survival

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

city jails.

Well, I tell ya, I have been in a LOT of city/county/metro jails in my 40+ years and have yet to see or hear of one underground. Can you cite some names of those you claim?

Misfit

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Nope.

I'll just take your word for it that you are better informed than I am.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Nope.

I'll just take your word for it that you are better informed than I am.

Is that to say your comment of it to begin was just ......... you yappin'? That you know of no such place?

Misfit

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
im certain that yuma county jail in yuma arizona has at least 2 floors below ground.

they also use an underground passageway to walk the prisoners between the jail and the courthouse, which are less than 2 blocks apart.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
``

the episode you tell makes me wonder Why
didn't the 30ish woman, presumably with more than one dependent
youngsters and possibly children or toddlers,
use the same type of extreme measures- of logic & reasoning and
planning for her offspring or family
& elect to spend the storm evacuation in a govt shelter area for safety
and survival needs??

it seems she had nothing in preparation for a possible seige scenario,
no stockpiles of diapers or bottled water or canned foods, which would
have been a mandatory consideration (imho) before making a decision to ride out a storm
...and the most-assured cessation of services i.e. phone, elect, water...
which usually (95% of the time) happens for a day or even days or weeks
at a time, when hit by a huge hurricane

she made unwise decisions, it is not my or your or our responsibility
to give her a pass because she wants to scam the rest of us with
allegations of stranded & estranged children as a leverage technique.

if anybody else gets hurt from her ill-advised or self-serving predicument, then
that's just another ramification of her unwise, freely made, choices in life.

being a compassionate culture....i'm sure the authority will take into account all the mitigating circumstances...
~L~

Because life just isn't like that (the black and white with no grey areas in between attitude is whats left for complete idiots)!, if you have children and are trying to make ends meet, the last thing you think of, is survival (at least in a disaster situation) in a future scenario.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
To me a least looting v survival is people with cans and old bread v those with TVs and Guns - yes?

Trying to survive through this terrible disaster is anyone taking from outlets that amounts to food and water or other such needed staples.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This is a pathetic thread!

Why don't you all get to the real issue??? GW is an incompetent idiot who is blindly steerin the largest superpower in the world on a crash collision with armageddon! It is like letting a 3 year old loose on a crowd, blindfolded with an uzi in his hand!!!!

People were out there dying and suffering in droves and all you have is to discuss the rights or wrongs of stealing from otherwise destroyed stores!!!

Mom's with babes holed up somewhere for days with no rations????Most of the people who did not get out of NO were too poor to afford the bus fare, let alone stock up!!!

Come on!!! If any of you were put into that position I am sure you would steal to feed your kids too!!! It is a matter of survival.

The whole point is that none of this would have happened if your Federal government had ordered and evacuated everyone out of there before the storm hit, had a levee that could hold up or at least had stepped in quickly after the disaster.

It is obvious that this was either a case of blatant incompetence on the Fed. side or an evil exercise to see how the Yanks will act in a huge terror attack!!!

The whole rest of the world knows what a joker GW is so why don't you Americans wake up and smell the coffee!!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by krazykanuk
People were out there dying and suffering in droves and all you have is to discuss the rights or wrongs of stealing from otherwise destroyed stores!!!

No, it isn't. Somewhere on this site is a post of compialations of many threads relating to every aspect of Katrina. I'm not going to bother looking for it, as you did not bother to look for anything else about Katrina less this thread, in which ....... you rant of.

Misfit

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If you're taking food that will only get rotten if noone consumes it, and clothing for yourself and your family, I'm cool with it... that is survival...

But what exactly will you do with a washing machine or a plasma TV in a flood ??? and where do rapes and shootings come in ?

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I agree, BN, a Plasma TV is a little much, however if its food, toiletries, water, etc...its fine. Its survival.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
i'am from NOLA it's a crazy dangerous place to begin with i have been beat up bloody by the cops for having a joint and had a friend robbed and beaten 1 block from the police station on rampart st. while his girlfriend was on the phone with the cops who told her she needed to call the french quarter district(he was 1 block out of there district) so yeah the cops would rather arrest a 100pound girl than a 200 pound man. and when there is a large crowd in nola ther is going to be looting people were looting and stealing boats from people who were trying to rescue them and going to the overpass and trying to sell the stuff they stole to people who dont have anything let alone money and you see people on the news with a mouth full of gold and diamonds with a game boy wearing 500 dollar outfit saying they couldn't leave like they were too poor to leave give me a break alot of people were just waiting to loot they were looting houses as well they looted a mall on the westbank and burned it down no dippers or formula in the mall

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Not everyone there stayed to loot. In fact I believe very few did. They just had no where else to go. Once what they have there is gone...they have nothing else.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The looter has stolen a big black bags worth of stuff, the other people are carrying bread. Besides, whats wrong here? There are two sides to every story, theres the human tragedy of having to scrounge for food, and there's the illegal looting. The same act is at the same time two things. One of those pics is for a story about the human tragedy, the other is about the out of control looting.

Yes, well the pic said that he just got back from looting a Grocery (sp?) store. i wonder what a 52" plasma screen TV goes for at ACME

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join