Looting vs. Survival

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

These people are NOT NOLA. They are the handful of opportunist that are present in any city. This city has a high low income population and there is alot of gang activity. Some people are just trying to survive. Others are out to get what they can. Put the population of any other city in NOLA right now and you would see the same results.

A person can be sensible. People in this situation are like a pack of wild animals. And unfortunately all it takes is a small number of the "extremists", if you will, to make it harder for the majority to get the proper help. It's just sad that in this day and age, with as "advanced" a society as were supposedly are, that people can't just try to work together, help each other, in the midst of a bad situation.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrmdrx1971
It's just sad that in this day and age, with as "advanced" a society as were supposedly are, that people can't just try to work together, help each other, in the midst of a bad situation.

People can, and do. I challenge every Christian here, and in America, to adopt a family from New Orleans.

Adopt a Katrina Family
www.abovetopsecret.com...

More info
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yea, my sister works for FEMA, she's a real big shot, 80 Grand and the government benifits you know. She was sent to Baton Rouge which is the capital of LA. but check this out. They told her to report this coming Tuesday and not before. What's up with that? GOVERNMENT RED TAPE BS THAT"S WHAT! Baton Rouge isn't in the stricken area.

This crap happens every time FEMA gets involved.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTWill

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
Well the VERY FIRST Federal Government supply helicopter with water arrived in Biloxi today so maybe that's why they're looting everywhere!

Amen, finally....someone that is watching television. The people in Biloxi have been without water since Sunday night. Let's see how we all act after 4 days without water.

This is why they ask you to evac and not return for several days. St. Tammany Parish was closed and there were cops at all of the exits going into the parish. Officials know that the first few days are going to be the toughest; removing road debris so that emergency vehicles can get around. Much of the area was under water.

Those who went to evac centers were told to bring at least three days worth of water, food and supplies. Those who stayed in their homes were told that they were doing so at their own risk. Once the storm was over, there were rescue crews out looking for people, but the main goal of parish officials was to assess damage and start clearing the roads.

Now is the time for folks to start coming back to inspect the damage, get what they need and find somewhere else to be for a few months. There will be FEMA folks in about now to help out also.

It is much easier to get a reporter crew into an area than it is to get an entire federal rescue crew in. NO was not the only place hit. There is about 90,000 square miles of damage to the gulf coast. This is not like rushing into Pensacola or Miami. This is big.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TexasConspiracyNut
Yea, my sister works for FEMA, she's a real big shot, 80 Grand and the government benifits you know. She was sent to Baton Rouge which is the capital of LA. but check this out. They told her to report this coming Tuesday and not before. What's up with that? GOVERNMENT RED TAPE BS THAT"S WHAT! Baton Rouge isn't in the stricken area.

This crap happens every time FEMA gets involved.

Baton Rouge is probably the best staging area since the only way into NO right now is from BR on I-10.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I just found out the fire marshal at the Astrodome stopped taking people a while ago. I thought it was full because the news reported 25,000 people were there alreadyand the county judge shut it down but now after seeing live coverage I can plainly see there are only about 5,000 people there. The floor of the dome is full with cots and the seats are empty. I dont see how there could be over 5,000 people there.

I also just heard they are out of food and cots and about a dozen or more buses were just turned away.

I'm typing this as ABC Nightline is saying there are 4,000 people in the dome now and 20,000 more are expected. The fire marshal says no. UMMM!

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
No wonder the boys just got shoot-to-kill orders. The refugees could storm the gates.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Breaking news just came in.

The Astrodome is closed. Only 5,000 or so people are being allowed inside instead of the 25,000 expected although one source said 11,000. The head of the Red Cross said 5,000 to 7,000.

They have run out of towels so no showers. There is no more solid hot food only fruit and the next food is expected tomorrow afternoon. The Red Cross has run out of help but the head of the Red Cross said help was being turned away at the gates.

The buses are being turned away at the entrance to the dome and the few buses there are being allowed to unload. The head of the Red Cross said 50 buses were turned away since 9:00PM.

One death confirmed at the dome and one on the bus.

[edit on 1-9-2005 by TexasConspiracyNut]

Update edit: It looks like they just overruled the fire marshal and let about 20 to 30 more buses in. The drivers were complaining they couldn't legally drive to Huntsville or Dallas because they had allready been on the road too long. A news confrence is expected at ten tomorrow to explain it.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by TexasConspiracyNut]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 06:57 AM
link   
The people at the evacuation centers are not getting food and water. Their 3 days of food and water is gone. They were told supplies were coming. It isn't there.

Has anyone heard the pleas from the mayor. He is pissed. For some reason the relief effort is dropping the ball.

With every day that passes without food and water the looting and shooting is going to get worse as the citizens of NO get more frustrated and desperate.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Who gives a F that the Wal-Mart gets looted, these people lost EVERYTHING. It seems the gov't finds it more important to 'restore peace and order' (read: protect large corporations), than to provide food and water.

All those companies are perfectly well insured, and make hundreds of millions of dollars a year. Wal-Mart really wont get into financial problems when every store in the N.O. area gets looted.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'm gonna bet that they will take decent care of the people in the Asterdom though. I say this because they let in so few people, only 7k and its closed, theyre not letting anymore in. The new buses coming in that are told the people can't go into the asterdom are forcing people to sleep in the parking lot! How long are people going to put up with that? Also, will the media, once it gets "controled" report on how "well" the people in the Asterdom are being treated and not report on the people stuck in the parking lot outside?

[edit on 2-9-2005 by SpilledBeans]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I see a lot of well they should do this Bush should do that...The National Guard can do this. WTF...This is not the Federal Governments Problem right now because that $%#$@ of a Governor HAS NOT DECLARED MARTIAL LAW. States can use NG all they want, that area NEEDS ACTIVE DUTY PRESENCE. Bush CAN NOT DO a thing until the %#^%$&$ Governor gets her head out of her a#$ and allows for Bush and company to straighten things out. If things get any worse Bush MIGHT be able to go to congress and over ride any law to get in there. But because of State Sovernty Bush CANT DO A THING. You want to point a finger in this damn debacle you point it at Kathleen Blanco for lack of leadership and control.

The Active Duty military would have had this Cluster F#$% cleared up in three days....But noooooooooooooooooooo...states can handle this on their own. They do not want to show that they wasted the millions of dollars given to us after 9/11 to have AN EVACUATION PLAN SET IN PLACE. The Active Duty can bring so much of a larger presence then the NG and they also have so many more resources. Declare Martial law, role in our Active Duty, secure that town bring in the MASH people in and start landing C-17's filled to the top with supplies.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

THIS MAKES SICK

-They are really going to have to consider dumping that city filling it in with water and rebuilding somewhere else ( Don't tell me that can't be done...Look at Lake Cumberland a little closer)

sorry If I am Abrupt right now but reading this stuff and watching on TV are two different things. I got home from work last night and finaly caught the TV coverage instead of Print media. It was one of the saddest sights I have ever seen. I was enraged with anger and saddness. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Timcouchfanclub]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
YEah I went off last post... a little off topic too. So back to topic. The NG needs to walk in there get into one fire fight with those idiots with guns and kill them...The looting and illegal shooting will immediatly stop after that. I guarantee it.

My house is open for business... Anyone from New Orleans needs a place to stay? You got a bed in Cleveland OH. ( I really don't know why or how anyone from New Orleans would read that)

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
A little bit off-topic here, but in addition to the print coverage discrepancies ---white people "finding" things and black people "looting" them---the television coverage, which ahs admittedly all been pretty lousy, has varied a lot in how it presents things, as well. CBS has tended to focus on "human interest" type stories, while NBC and ABC both seem to be operating as governemnt mouthpieces, assuing everyone to stay calm and that help is on the way, blah,blah,blah. Meanwhile, CNN tries to look like the senior statesman providing the big overall picture, more respnosible than the other networks, but pretty dull. Meanwhile, Fox News, as one would expect, ahs been by far the worst. They focus way more on the "looting and lawlessness," and always refer to the situation as "anarchy"---as if anarchy and chaos are one and the same thing. News flash, they are not! New Orleans is not in a state of "anarchy"---they still have a mayor, governor, senators, and son-of-a-Bush shedding crocodile tears over it all. They are , however, in a state of total chaos.
Given the "response" of the government, one has to wonder if anarcy---real anarchy, not as defined by the news media---might actually be better than this! in the meantime, I suggest that we send Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilley and John Gibson right into the thick of things and see how long they last. They're so "shocked" an d"appalled" by it all---let's see how long it takes them to sink down to the same desperate level if they lose their homes, jobs, possessions, and in many cases even their families. I'd give each of these rich, pampered, pompus jerks---who know right from wrong so much better than the rest of us, of course---exactly ten minutes until they would be left gibbering mental basket cases. My guess is they wouldn't survive that chaos , any my reaction ,for one, would be "tough sh*t and good riddance."
---Ryan

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Thanks for reminding me RyanC....Now I am fired up again.......If a reporter EVER came up to me while I was stranded, dying and being shot and was like How are you. I would kill him on camera and not think twice. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. You can get away with murder right now down there. So all the reporters would be dead and hey they can be used as food.

THIS IS AMERICA......NOT CAMBODIA

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Don't care about the date. My point was that the article did not say what you said it did. Speaking of incompetent hacks.

...FYI - I am disabled and very sick - and know you and your sort prey on people like me at every opportunity - then justify your behavior by any means necessary.

So let's keep it civilized and shelve the abuse - okay, sport?

The article said exactly what he stated. The only thing that it didn't say was the reference to this being only the second time that the President has declared a disaster before it happened. The dateline on the post verifys when the President said it.

This whole issue of getting help into the area is a lot more complicated than just spouting off an order to go in and do something. Those Air Force guys playing basketball just can't go off on their own and start doing things.

What has happened is a total loss of the infrastructure that so many of us take for granted. You want to move in a couple thousand National Guardsmen for rescue duty, anyone have an idea at what is involved in that? You have to setup a base of operations, find shelter for the troops not on duty, arrange food and water, maintainence of equipment and medical care and that is just for the Guardsmen themselves not to mention what is needed for the people that they rescue.

If you just throw people at this problem without providing the proper support all you are going to do is to compound the problem. After a few days the rescuers will need rescued.

As far as the looting goes I really don't care any more there probably isn't too much left to loot.

The people with guns are another matter entirely. Give them one chance to put down the weapon and if they don't take them out.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Give them one chance to put down the weapon and if they don't take them out.

Nope...They had their chance not to pickup the gun. And they sure didn't give the people they shot much of a chance. So you know what in my book they used up their chances.

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Timcouchfanclub]

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
That is illustrative of the lack of education that most of these people have. When all you have to rely on in a time of crisis are the words of Ludakris and 50 cent, your illiterate a** probably thinks its just fine to be raping and pillaging whatever you want. If we learn anything from this, its that we have some work to do on the culture being instilled in the younger generations of the black community.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

That is illustrative of the lack of education that most of these people have. When all you have to rely on in a time of crisis are the words of Ludakris and 50 cent, your illiterate a** probably thinks its just fine to be raping and pillaging whatever you want. If we learn anything from this, its that we have some work to do on the culture being instilled in the younger generations of the black community.

Oh wow...you just opened up a whole other can of worms. You might want to
make a new topic of discussion.

- Also, it is not black or white with this situation. This Charlie Foxtrote shows us how much we have allowed the gap between rich and poor/educated and uneducated get.

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Alrighty then. This is a heated topic no doubt, but, please refrain from personal attacks or posts with little or no point other than to bait others. These add nothing to the discussion at hand.

Thanks
FredT

new topics
top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join