It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wargames ATS style...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Thst really is my only worry, that we will have someone go trigger happy, and just screw this up. And I think this week Ill draw up some sort of map, and I will have some sort of system fixed up for why conquering an area will be good, or not.
Jeremiah, listening to what you said about what Red team did made me figure out how to do this game, for glorifying invasion.
Simply stated, each country will be broken into many different areas, like the us has states, and each will have something it produces. The resources will probably be energy, metals, foods, water, manufacturing(weapons), manufacturing(vehicles), oil, and normal everyday item s we use(commercial sector). This is why the civilians of the country need to be pelaed. Give them what they want, or put them in fear, what do you do?
Actually hearing abut what Red team did made me laugh quite hard. It was very nice.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 02:58 AM
link   
i have a valid question.......can I be North Korea ?

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Can I please put my hand up for Australia.....

How does Sovereign Queen Mayet sound

Great sounding game....

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I wanna be Canada, that way the US can blame me for all their kids problems, because I sent them Terrance and Phillip.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
OK

#1 The whole world is not based on a command and conquer game.

#2 This would be cool but odd

#3 If you run the US you'd have to lie a lot like Bush.

posted on Sep, 6 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Can I be the UK? Or if we can get states, scotland.
He he...

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
ill take the U.S. if nobody has picked it up yet.
cant wait for this war.

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i wanna be wales..and am gonna ally with my celtic friends if they will have me...

this could be a good idea and a good learning experience for many of us...
hmmm i wonder who would go argentina???

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Heratix]

posted on Sep, 8 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heratix
i wanna be wales..and am gonna ally with my celtic friends if they will have me...

this could be a good idea and a good learning experience for many of us...
hmmm i wonder who would go argentina???

[edit on 8-9-2005 by Heratix]

Well whoeve it is better not try and take the falklands or they will be in for a shock!
***Looks for claymore****

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Im all for something like this
It will be complex and will have to have many rules but I think its possible.

Every good war game starts with a plausible scenario

BTW I want to call Russia if nobody has yet .

[edit on 17-9-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Thinking on ideas like this, why not have something like 3 people are government officials and they must come into agreement to see the situation through.

Then put them into a situation like say a hostage crisis or bomb threat or a flash flood or any kind of disaster. Would be interesting to see the outcomes..

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Thinking on ideas like this, why not have something like 3 people are government officials and they must come into agreement to see the situation through.

Then put them into a situation like say a hostage crisis or bomb threat or a flash flood or any kind of disaster. Would be interesting to see the outcomes..

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
yup devilwasp m8...a good idea..it makes for a more realistic situation..people have to agree for actions to be taken..like in real life politics..or if we have a dictatorship/tyranny then that would have to be a different situation...and what about trade agreements etc..opec/cafta etc
and would we have a group of people to play the UN?would we have the current peace agreements?..NATO etc
i think we will need these to make it more realistic to the current situation

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I would love to see how people react to situations like iraq, or 9/11 or an attack...would be interesting to see the results..

posted on Sep, 26 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I call Nicuragua. HAHAHAHAHA

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I want Brazil...

Good idea for a game, however it could be hard to implament.

I did see a game not long ago, where you could be any Nation in the world and slowly build up your forces however I lost the name of it.

Was amazing to say the least.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I will pick...The Ukraine.

Close to being Russia 2.

My second choice is the Netherlands if someone else wants Ukraine.

Ehh, btw, I made a game (mod of a new free Real Time Strategy engine) that is based on modern warfare, if anyone on ATS is interested in it send me a U2U, it still need some work (and some nagging towards the devs) but it's already pretty decent.

[edit on 2/13/2006 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
OOO i want in please can i have dibbs on russia? or isreal?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
Definetly sounds like an amazing idea that could have very interesting results...dibs on Iran

NO NO NO...I want Iran. I'm just crazy enough to be president of that country. I'll play nice, promise. Right up until I get the bomb, then i'll fulfill the prophecy by wiping out Isreal, creating total chaos and usher in the return of the awaited 12th Imam.

Price be damned! Destiny is all that matters.

Besides, President Wupy of Iran has a nice ring to it

Wupy

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Everyone seems to be ready to get moving in a forward direction. Good!

I'm China.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by garyo1954]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join