It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wargames ATS style...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Can I get in on this please? it sounds like alot of fun Id like to be Egypt.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
We were actually running a wargame on BTS for awhile, but it died because everyone got bored and went away. If we can get a few more judges, I'll be willing to start something up again if everyone is willing to stick it out.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
hi all , despite my misgivings over the last game - i sill once again stick my head over the parapet and sign up .

if a lack of judges is an issue i i will offer my services

i would say that we need more clearlt defined rules and remits than last time - not more rules or complicated rules - but cast iron guidelines that are fun and unlike last time people have to talk to each other - exp thier allies -

reaction - realistic reaction to events is vital - not just bean counting
you know who you are - 50 ships is not a subsitute for strategy

thats all for now - i hope we can revieve this

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Sounds neat.

I wanna be Finland or Sweden...... Ok, made up my mind. Finland it is.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I want a vote from everyone as to how many people are willing to play, and play this right, and aren't going to walk away after a week or two. If enough people are interested and willing to put the effort into it, when I get back from DC in a couple days I'll sit down and write some scenarios, and we'll work out rules, etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I think I'll be.. Rupert Murdoch. If you want to be voted in.. I will sway the masses to tick the right box. If I am unable to sway the masses and you still get in.. I am willing to keep it quiet and divert attention for the right price. If you wish to invade another country I can pave the way providing you own enough shares. You scratch my back and I scratch yours okay?

posted on Feb, 19 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Zaphod if this gets up and running lem me know

I'd like to be a small country out of the way somewhere.Then I might survive for quite a long time

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
quote :"I'd like to be a small country out of the way somewhere.Then I might survive for quite a long time"

hmmm , that is rather defeating the object of a WARGAME :p we need countries who are within spitting sidtance of the flashpoint - and prepared to settle thier greivances , reall or imagined by military force

zaph - to prod folk into picking a compatible set of countries - would it be an idea to draft a summary of the senario - ???

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I'll sit down in the next few days and come up with a scenario and put up a draft of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
quote :"I'd like to be a small country out of the way somewhere.Then I might survive for quite a long time"

hmmm , that is rather defeating the object of a WARGAME :p we need countries who are within spitting sidtance of the flashpoint - and prepared to settle thier greivances , reall or imagined by military force

zaph - to prod folk into picking a compatible set of countries - would it be an idea to draft a summary of the senario - ???

Nice argument Ape but I think the object of a war game is to win lol,seriously all interested in this should lend support to Zaphod when the time comes

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
OK folks. I'm willing to do this work, but again, I need a pretty firm comittment from you folks. If you're gonna play until you get bored then dissapear, you're just wasting our time. However, if you're willing to put the work into it, we can have a great time, and enjoy ourselves, and learn something from this.

I need a little input from you folks. I need a vote from everyone interested where they want this held. Asia, or Middle East. I have an idea for the start of the scenario, but I need to know what part of the world to set it in.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I need a little input from you folks. I need a vote from everyone interested where they want this held. Asia, or Middle East. I have an idea for the start of the scenario, but I need to know what part of the world to set it in.

I am very unfamilar with internet war games. Do the players have to be specific countries or can they be political leaders than can be overthrown? War these days is either something like whats happening in Iraq or it has no front [terrorists cells]..can a player be a terrorists leader? Religious leader? Royalty? Illuminati? [I had to
] Corporations also have a big part to play.. what about weapons manufactorers? Oil companies, media corps etc? There are many variables.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
To keep it simple, you're the military leader of a single country. We use real military assets though.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
shiver me timbers I wanna pirate fleet arghhh ,sorry Zaphod couldn,t resist.

I claim Eritrea if this country is involved.

[edit on 20/2/2006 by kuhl]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Alright, everyone that's interested in this, start researching your countries military capabilities. It's going to be a middle east scenario, and I'll be posting a draft of it on Wed.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
To keep it simple, you're the military leader of a single country. We use real military assets though.

Do you want to ommit terrorism as well? They do not have a specific country and their leaders are for the most part invisible. Does Osama count as a military leader?

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Countries only. You can use small cell units to launch attacks, but you have to be an actual country.

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Zaphod58 , im still willing to play
I think a middle east based scenario, has to be the way forward ,somewhat more topical at the moment too.

i guess ill get researching on egypt then, one point how much depth do i need to go into? i already did some in advance but thought this had been forgotten. looking foreward to commence hostilities

[edit on 20-2-2006 by buckaroo]

[edit on 20-2-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
As much as you can find out. Anything that was going to be in service by, let's say June of this year will be available for use in the war.

Once you find your information, post it here in the thread, so everyone has an idea of what they're up against.

[edit on 2/20/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Feb, 20 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Ok sounds good thank you,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join