It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wargames ATS style...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Ok, Saudi is a start at expanding things somewhat, so Saudi it is.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia:

AREA: Approximately 1.2 million square miles
POPULATION: 23.5 million
OIL RESERVES: 263 billion barrels (Thats a LOT! And a reason for enemies to attack me - Hint hint
)
TROOPS: 201,500
RELIGION: Mostly Muslim (ArrrRghh!! Those danes ((Me)) be dead!!)
ECONOMY: Has the world's largest petroleum reserves and ranks as the world's largest petroleum exporter. The oil industry accounts for more than 90 percent of the nation's exports and nearly 75 percent of government revenues. However, the oil industry only employs a small percent of all Saudi workers. In the 1990s, Saudi Arabia launched a series of plans aimed at diversifying its economy. Their goal is to balance an economy largely reliant on oil with manufacturing and irrigated farming. These reforms have stalled because of a mismatch in the level of job skills by Saudi graduates and the needs of the private job markets.

I'll find something on their army in a few days.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Or how about Switzerland. Then I don't have to do anything.

Good idea, though. Please make the game public so that those of us who aren't playing can watch. Based on my experience here at ATS, I'm betting there's a nuclear holocaust in the first 20 moves of the game.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by vuoto
Or how about Switzerland. Then I don't have to do anything.

Good idea, though. Please make the game public so that those of us who aren't playing can watch. Based on my experience here at ATS, I'm betting there's a nuclear holocaust in the first 20 moves of the game.

And you thought you knew everything about Saudi Arabia's peacefull intentions... Muhahahaha!!!!

[edit on 23/2/06 by Thain Esh Kelch]

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'll TRY to kick things off this weekend, but I'm gonna be out of town Monday night until Wed afternoon. If I can get everything organized before the trip, I'll post the new thread and start things off Sunday.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sounds great. Im looking forward to my first international war!

Be sure to have a list on whos in on the game, and with what countries. Maybe a major plot to start out with? Or else we are gonna have a big war in turn 1 - hehe.

posted on Feb, 23 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
It's going to start out with the scenario that I posted already, but more fleshed out, and it will be up to the individual countries to decide when the shooting starts, and what happens.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   
ok - i throw my hat into the ring - i will be playing the USA

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Ok folks. As of 2/13/06 this is everyone who has posted with an interest in the game. If you've changed your mind and DON'T want to join us, please post ASAP, so we can take you off the boards. If you posted BEFORE then and want to join please post and send me a U2U.

Players and countries:
Ground Zero-Ukraine
Were_All_Gonna_Die-Russia
MrWupy-Iran
Garyo1954-China
Buckaroo-Egypt
Nordman-Finland
Kuhl-Eritrea
Thain Esh Kelch-Saudi Arabia
Vitchilio-Canada
Ignorant_ape-USA
cpr12r-Japan

[edit on 2/27/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Are you going away from the middle-eastern plot since we dont have that many countries, or are the few that are there just gonna take major plot roles?

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's going to be a Middle East/Africa set situation. It's going to be up to the players how much of a roll they chose to take. Everyone is too scattered really to have a good theater based scenario, unless I want to run two, and that will be a lot harder to keep track of. We actually have enough people around the Middle East so that we can pull off a good ME situation.

[edit on 2/27/2006 by Zaphod58]

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ok that was wickedly frustrating. I typed up the scenario, and had everything ready, clicked on "Post New Topic" and got "You are not authorized to post in this forum" so our scenario will be on BTS. I'll repost it later on. The scenario goes up today, but no moves will be accepted before I get back on Wednesday and post the official turn schedule.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
As Iran i'm first going to cut a deal with Russia to keep from being immediately attacked for my nuclear program, then i'm going to continue it unti I have the bomb.

In the meantime my suicide bombers have their eyes on each and every one of you...hehehehehehe.......

Gosh i'm going to enjoy this...

Wupy

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The Scenario is UP! It's now located on BTS, with a few basics in front of the scenario. Official start date is Wed March 1, 2006.

Scenario is here:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I loved how you manage to shoe horn Eritreia
in was wondering how you were gonna do that,looking forward to kick off
why on earth kurhl picked them is beyond me

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Thankee. I'm rather proud of that myself. *laugh* It wasn't easy to come up with a way to fit such a tiny country in there.

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Awesome Idea
I'm so busy writing my book, but I will be an innocent bystander and cheer you all on time to time!
Wish I could make a clone of myself one here, and the other working lol
Anyhow Three Cheers To You All! Battle Stations Everyone!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hey all, well I wish I could have seen this earlier nevertheless I choose Germany! Considered yourself warned, do not mess with the Fatherland!

Wir sind bereit für Schlacht!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Hey all, well I wish I could have seen this earlier nevertheless I choose Germany! Considered yourself warned, do not mess with the Fatherland!

Wir sind bereit für Schlacht!!!

We of the nation of Iran would never oppose the Fatherland. You are our hero's. The Jews and Isreal must be wiped like a stain from this planet. Your efforts in this regard were valiant, but we shall succeed where you failed.

We, the nation of Iran thank you for your efforts in regards to our nuclear program. We have only peaceful intentions and your talks on our behalf has brought us much time to complete our goals.

Long live Germany, Long live Iran. May the Mahdi return soon.

President of Iran,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
As I will be the real prime minister of Canada in maybe 10 years, you'll know how I will be a real good prime minister!

You're sure that the star wars program thing is out. The mondialisation will not be help by Canada. Canada will go out Haiti. What next... who knows.

[edit on 27-2-2006 by Vitchilo]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join