It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheehan's Husband Files for Divorce

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well Zach, richer people are able to afford to go college because they have the cash to do so. They don't have to consider joining the army to get in as an option. When your poor you can't do that.

I live in Britain. I was very very lucky, my parents paid for me to go to Uni and Ive finsihed now debt free. Most of my mates are now in 12,000 debt and that is with the government subsidies they have had. If there was a way for them never have had to pay those debts in the first place what do you think they would have done?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Zach
maybe you should read the post before you assume things,
and im sure we all know what happens when people assume.

I DID read your post. I assumed nothing. However,
now I am finding it VERY hard to follow what you are saying ...

and what is so hard about what i am saying, im defending the fact that the bush daughters are not in war. plain and simple. sorry maybe next time i should use smaller words or something i dont know, give me some advice to apease your ability to understand a point of view.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Argh, you people are too much sometimes!

The entire Sheehan family disagreeing with Cindy’s "political motivations" and so called "publicity tactics." Of course, entitles their own public statement being free of political motivations as well?

Would you gamble the farm on that one?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
doh, double post.

[edit on 033131p://111 by LA_Maximus]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
And I don't need to hear from anymore of the so-called armchair generals that are scattered over ATS about how this is a well-managed war.

There are alot of us in here that served in the military.....Army...Navy...Marines...and Air Force...keep that in mind before you call people "arm-chair-Generals"

Max

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

And I don't need to hear from anymore of the so-called armchair generals that are scattered over ATS about how this is a well-managed war.

There are alot of us in here that served in the military.....Army...Navy...Marines...and Air Force...keep that in mind before you call people "arm-chair-Generals"

Max

LA: Sweat makes this comment but...he's 18 years old. Funny huh? An 18 year old making comments about "Arm chair generals" LOL.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Skippy, you call that Sites a "Reliable News Source"? Right-Wing News? Help Republican Senators to Raise Money? MWAHahAHahhahahahahahah!!!

FlyersFan - you call that FACTS?

You people are Delusional - just like your dear President.

I hope this Picture Explains how G.W.Bush "Served" His Country when His Country Needed his Services the Most - during the Vietnam War:

G.W.Bush Vietnam Era Service Records

n September 1973, he received permission to end his six-year commitment six months early in order to attend Harvard Business School. He transferred to inactive reserve status shortly before being honorably discharged on October 1, 1973. It has been frequently alleged that Bush skipped over a waiting list to receive a National Guard slot, that he did not report for required duty from 1972 to 1973, and that he was suspended from flying after he failed to take a required physical examination and drug test.

en.wikipedia.org...

He FAILED to take the required physical examination and drug tests? Why is that? Could he be avoiding them for a Reason?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Um ...
I haven't been to Iraq but I definately was in favor of war against Saddam and his regime. He mass murdered millions of people and caused instability not to mention that he paid Palestinian suicide bomber families for murdering people in
Israel.

My point exactely you have never been to Iraq or been harmed by an Iraqi in any way. Sadam wasn't about to take over Europe and his allies didn't bomb Perl Harbour so why attack now. Its not like he was threatening your country in any way.

Instability? Yeah, thats a laugh, at least he could hold the country together, the administrations been doing a great job at that. Iraqs been the definition of stable since the troops went in.

Why not attack Mugabe in Africa? He's killed loads of his people? What about them. What about the rest of the crooked regimes in Africa and check this many of the allies in the war against terror also have appauling human rights records. What makes Iraq any different? Texas Tea thats what.

Oh you and want Murder? How about millions of dead Iraqi children killed by sanctions, collateral damage, bombings etc etc. Oh and he paid the Palestinian suicide bombers? Yeah well thats wrong.

The reason Israel has the West Bank is because the soverign nation of
Israel was attacked and when Israel responded to that attack, it gained
control over the attackers lands. Israel shouldn't give up one inch of
land.

Yeah so what? International Law states that that is illegal. All countries have to abide by it. What makes Israel the exception?

If the Palestinians wanted to keep the land, they shouldn't have
attacked Israel to begin with. Oh .. and even when Isreal gives the
terrorists the land, it won't stop them. Hamas has vowed to destroy
Israel ... 'credibility' be damned....

Actually it wasn't the palestinians, it was the arab armies that occupied the west bank at the time. Yes the Palestinians helped but it was mostly arab armies.

Oh and guess what, I despise palestinian terrorism and find it sick and disgusting. I believe Israel has a right to exist but so do the Palestinians. I reaseach this topic for a hobby. I find it very very interesting. But thats beside the point.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by enslaved83
Well Zach, richer people are able to afford to go college because they have the cash to do so. They don't have to consider joining the army to get in as an option. When your poor you can't do that.

I live in Britain. I was very very lucky, my parents paid for me to go to Uni and Ive finsihed now debt free. Most of my mates are now in 12,000 debt and that is with the government subsidies they have had. If there was a way for them never have had to pay those debts in the first place what do you think they would have done?

im broke as hell, im poor, im going to college because in america we have college loans which are designed to allow the "less fortunate" to go to college.when i graduate from college, i will prolly be about 50,000 in debt, but that is how america works, everyone is in debt. there is no excuse to not going to college anymore as anyone can get a loan and go to community college.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
You Ultra-Right Republicans Make ME Sick!

Well at least SOME News about Cindy that you can Agree with and start giving each other Hi-5s and WATS Awards.

Good Show Lads!

Cheers'

Enjoy!

And to just add one thing considering the topic of this thread:

What a SCUMBAG of a Husband, that leaves his Wife in a such a Moment in her Life - not only did they Loose a Son, but now they are going to Loose their Marriage?

Wonderful.

Noting that Bush has referred to the war as a "noble" pursuit, Sheehan told Reuters, "If it's such a noble cause, why aren't his daughters over there?"

Damn COWARD has even Evaded the Service HIMSELF - he's not crazy to send anyone of his Family into that Slaughterhouse called Iraq.

[edit on 15/8/05 by Souljah]

Perhaps this is the best thing for both of them.

She apparantly didn't have a supportive husband from the get go, and he apparantly didn't the get wife he expected.

You know, I listened to bill o'reilly talk about this case, you know, he says there is no spin on his show, well what kind of subjective wording does 'loopy' and 'discraceful' plant in your mind?

This is where right wingers get their brain fuel... No two sided story, just one side filled with subjective words and a right wing commentary.

Oh well, wouldn't expect anything more he is after all just a commentator who pretends to be something he's not... I guess he shouldn't talk then huh.

Cindy Sheehan is a mother whether or not any of you believe what she is doing is for real, no mother would use their offspring as a chance at grandstanding. The pain a mother feels especially after researching this war some more would add more fuel to her fire. One could say John Walsh used his son's death as way to rise to the top and eventually have his own show.

Perhaps now that she has the media's attention she feels speaking out about issues she deems unjust is the right way to get american's attention in hopes that they too will understand and do some research and hopefully come to the same conclusions she has... And then... Well, and then they would join her in her (what she thinks is) a justly cause via protesting 9since thats all you can do these days).

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Skippy, you call that Sites a "Reliable News Source"? Right-Wing News? Help Republican Senators to Raise Money? MWAHahAHahhahahahahahah!!!

FlyersFan - you call that FACTS?

You people are Delusional - just like your dear President.

I hope this Picture Explains how G.W.Bush "Served" His Country when His Country Needed his Services the Most - during the Vietnam War:

G.W.Bush Vietnam Era Service Records

n September 1973, he received permission to end his six-year commitment six months early in order to attend Harvard Business School. He transferred to inactive reserve status shortly before being honorably discharged on October 1, 1973. It has been frequently alleged that Bush skipped over a waiting list to receive a National Guard slot, that he did not report for required duty from 1972 to 1973, and that he was suspended from flying after he failed to take a required physical examination and drug test.

en.wikipedia.org...

He FAILED to take the required physical examination and drug tests? Why is that? Could he be avoiding them for a Reason?

one question, and what have you done to serve your contry?

i dont care if he was a disgrace he went through with boot camp, he got his flight wings, he got paid crap for 5 years to do a crap job.

and dont lie about your service either.

[edit on 8/15/2005 by Zach]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Max

I appreciate that, but my point is still valid. There are many many armchair pundits around this site who have never seen combat and never will. I assume you have served in the military from your comment? Did you never see anything to disturb you, to convince you that violence is horrible? When you signed up it was to protect your country/family ? If you were to go to war and lay down your life you would want it to be for a good reason? I nearly joined the Air Force/Army instead of going to University. I could never do it now knowing that people like Blair/Bush would lie to take me to war unecessarily knowing that they would never be help to account. Btw many of my family have served in the forces. Some died. My housmates dad was in the Falklands and he won't talk about it ever. War is not cool people.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

im broke as hell, im poor, im going to college because in america we have college loans which are designed to allow the "less fortunate" to go to college.when i graduate from college, i will prolly be about 50,000 in debt, but that is how america works, everyone is in debt. there is no excuse to not going to college anymore as anyone can get a loan and go to community college.

Its the same system in the UK except the places are more subsidised in the UK although Blair wants to change that because he and his parents never had to pay a penny for Uni cos he went back in the days when it was free.

Do you not think that education should be free? I do. Its about improoving the country. The system doesn't favour the less financially secure and I think that is wrong. If you have the brains you should be able to go college. To have that much debt hanging over your head is so so wrong in my opinion.

Anyway, enough of my ranting.

Good luck with your studies, I hope you enjoy it and have agreat time (the parties are killer btw hehe)!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

i dont care if he was a disgrace he went through with boot camp, he got his flight wings, he got paid # for 5 years to do a # job.

We are not talking about me any my service to my Country - but about President and the Mother of a Dead Son. He SHOULD go down to Vietnam and do his # like every other Flyboy that risked his butt over the skies of 'Nam - but apprently Daddy's Boy did not go to war, because Daddy pulled some Strings.

And don't worry about me - Where I come from, we had a Conscription Army Service, so every able Man had to go Serve his Country when he was old enough. But I don't really like the Army and what it does, so I served as a Civilan in Clinical Center. I prefer to Save Lives instead of Killing People. And trust me, I have also seen alot of blood and guts in my time, don't you worry about that.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This thought did not seem to show up last attempt to post it.

Unlike some people, the husband/creep that is one subject of this thread might be quite replacable.

"Bring it on".

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Unlike some people, the husband/creep that is one subject of this thread might be quite replacable.

I think the "female dog" that is the subject of so many threads is even more replaceable.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Where are the crop dusters when you need them..

[edit on 15-8-2005 by C0le]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

i dont care if he was a disgrace he went through with boot camp, he got his flight wings, he got paid # for 5 years to do a # job.

We are not talking about me any my service to my Country - but about President and the Mother of a Dead Son. He SHOULD go down to Vietnam and do his # like every other Flyboy that risked his butt over the skies of 'Nam - but apprently Daddy's Boy did not go to war, because Daddy pulled some Strings.

And don't worry about me - Where I come from, we had a Conscription Army Service, so every able Man had to go Serve his Country when he was old enough. But I don't really like the Army and what it does, so I served as a Civilan in Clinical Center. I prefer to Save Lives instead of Killing People. And trust me, I have also seen alot of blood and guts in my time, don't you worry about that.

you cannot prove the fact that daddy pulled strings, im not doubting he did, but u cannot prove that.

also were is your state, im guessing switzerland or france as both have conscription armies where you can play a non combatant role.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

[I appreciate that, but my point is still valid. There are many many armchair pundits around this site who have never seen combat and never will. I assume you have served in the military from your comment? Did you never see anything to disturb you, to convince you that violence is horrible? When you signed up it was to protect your country/family ? If you were to go to war and lay down your life you would want it to be for a good reason?

I did (4) years active service in the Army as a tanker from 80-84 and (2) years reserve after that....for a total of (6) years of service. I won't make up any "combat" stories, because I have none...unless we talk bar-fights in Germany.

I joined up for probably the same reasons her boy did.....because I Love this country.

Lets not bag on Souljah people, he has his reasons and I don't think he hates the military, he just hates the "mission" their currently on.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Its the same system in the UK except the places are more subsidised in the UK although Blair wants to change that because he and his parents never had to pay a penny for Uni cos he went back in the days when it was free.

Do you not think that education should be free? I do. Its about improoving the country. The system doesn't favour the less financially secure and I think that is wrong. If you have the brains you should be able to go college. To have that much debt hanging over your head is so so wrong in my opinion.

Anyway, enough of my ranting.

Good luck with your studies, I hope you enjoy it and have agreat time (the parties are killer btw hehe)!

right thanks, and yes i agree it should be free but still there is no reason why people cannot go to college. except the laziness factor of coarse lol

o yes and i go to college parties as is now, crazy # even tho i have 1 more year left in highschool...senior year so all parties, tho at the rate i have been drinking i dont know if my liver will be around to see college im already getting hammered on a regular basis.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join