It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheehan's Husband Files for Divorce

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
It's too bad you can't have a little compassion for some one who has lost a child in such a violent way.......I wonder if all of your actions would bear this same type of withering scrutiny?

I was compassionate for this woman until I heard her say "Israel get out of Palestine" and than my compassion flew out the window. IMO, She is USEING her sons tragic death to air her Liberal POV's.

Does this look like a Liberal WHACKO to you?

It sure does to me.....

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
um in regards to how bush's daughters rnt in war, this is a volunteer army, not a drafted one, and there over 18 obviously, so its there choice, not bush's...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Souljah, I think Ms. Sheehan has given the Bush lovers sort of a scapegoat on the issue. My guess is they'll use her as a symbol of everything they consider "wrong" about the country.

"Mr Bush lover"??

I dont like Bush and I didnt vote for him. If you read any of my posts you would have known that. Deny ignorance, not breed it Sweat.

Little more on your precious Mrs Sheehan:

- Letter from her family telling of thier opinions on Cindy's actions:
drudgereport.com...

- Article quoting Cindy as to why her Husbnad is leaving her:
darksyde.dailykos.com...

- Story about Cindy's son and his patriotism:
www.americandaily.com...

- Cindys lies:
patterico.com...

- And lastly all the CASH she is making from this..."Protest"
www.rightwingnews.com...

You Anti USA bigots can continue with your hate infused rhetoric all you want, but the rest of us see the truth plain as day. I dont hate Muslims, I dont like war, and I dont like George Bush, but you guys seem to have lebelled me that way out of your blindness and ignorance.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zach
um in regards to how bush's daughters rnt in war, this is a volunteer army, not a drafted one, and there over 18 obviously, so its there choice, not bush's...

No it wouldn't do to have anyone rich serving their country. Its amazing how much of the US army is made up of less privilaged kids who can't afford higher education. It is a volunteer army, true but the system is skewed in the favour of the rich who can afford their own education.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Damn COWARD has even Evaded the Service HIMSELF -

Sorry Souljah but you are a bit confused here ... it was JOHN KERRY
who requested deferment and was refused. It was John Kerry who
got three scratches in three months in Vietnam and got the heck
out (evaded his full duty). It was Kerry how tried desperately to
evade service. G.W. did his time in the Texas Air National
Guard. He never was AWOL, dispite what the radical left has tried
to claim. Bush served honorably and without a deferment and
without filing false claims for purple hearts to get out of duty.
Yes it was 'cushy' and I have no doubt that strings were probably
pulled to get him in ... but he absolutely did his duty.

[edit on 8/15/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
u can guess wat u will, she is pretty much turning this into a political chaos where even the neighbors are tired of this attraction both pro and anti war. some guy with a shotgun try to scare the people to leave.
even i would be.

Honestly, I don't like what she's doing. It really pains me to see it.

But I think it's equally atrocious about how people are suddenly making her an "enemy of the state," so to speak. It's especially saddening to see people refer to this as a political ploy, despite the fact people who say this know for sure it wouldn't be a political ploy if she was supporting the war.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You call her a whacked out freak i call you and your damn president whacked out freaks. Bush is an alcoholic, a druggy, he has a bad temper and is paranoid, probably a scitzo and a sociopath and is murdering people just for the fun of it. All that you right wing people can do is attack others, you have never ever done any good in this world. People in Bush's staff have to send weather reports to warn people if he is in a bad mood, be warned we have a raging tornado on the loose. He has small man syndrome and will be the death of this countries power and wealth. Shame on all of you sociopaths for attacking this poor women, you people are just plain sick.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Little more on your precious Mrs Sheehan:

LOTS of great info skippy!
Tried to give you a 'way above'
but the little window says I have already voted once for you this
month ....

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Originally posted by frayed1
It's too bad you can't have a little compassion for some one who has lost a child in such a violent way.......I wonder if all of your actions would bear this same type of withering scrutiny?

I was compassionate for this woman until I heard her say "Israel get out of Palestine" and than my compassion flew out the window. IMO, She is USEING her sons tragic death to air her Liberal POV's.

Does this look like a Liberal WHACKO to you?

It sure does to me.....

Maximu§

How can she be a liberal whacko? Didn't she support the war at one point? Oh so its alright to support the war because war is sane. The minute you go against it you are insane?

What a load of rubbish. Anyone who thinks violence is cool has got some serious issues. People dying is horrible, war is horrible. Kids in Iraq getting blown to pieces is horrible. Ever met and Iraqi? I bet you haven't. Ever had an Iraqi break into your house? Never. Ever been harmed by an Iraqi in any way? How can people be pro war against a country most have never been to. Speak the language, know anything about Iraqi culture? Know anything about its history. Bet you don't. Now that is the sign of a Whako.

Most of you Neocons bang on about how patriotic they are and how much they love their country. Love this war, then enlist. Put your money where you mouth is and get on a plane.All you armchair warrious are soooo brave. What you will probably find is that the Iraqis are resiting your ocupation because that is exactely what you would do in their position.

And yes if Israel stopped occupying the west bank, then the palestinians would have no justification to attack Israel and would loose all credibility internationally, but lets not open that can of worms here.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by enslaved83]

link   

Originally posted by enslaved83

No it wouldn't do to have anyone rich serving their country. Its amazing how much of the US army is made up of less privilaged kids who can't afford higher education. It is a volunteer army, true but the system is skewed in the favour of the rich who can afford their own education.

I got news for you, bub. Everybody who joins the military ain't necessarily a dumb sharecropper, or a destitute factory worker out on his luck. As it happens, a fair percentage of enlisted personnel have college degrees, and almost half have some college. And just where do you think the officer corp. comes from? The local homeless shelters? Or maybe you think they are all graduates of the University of Phoenix (on-line)?

And everybody who goes to college isn't rich and priveledged, nor does it guarentee you a big, fat paycheck.

Its an all-volunteer Army, and nobody forces anybody to join.

link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
Shame on all of you sociopaths for attacking this poor women,
you people are just plain sick.

The FACTS Skippy posted are not attacks .. they are FACTS.
BTW .. do you understand what the term 'sociopath' means?
I doubt it. Otherwise you wouldn't be screaming at Skippy
for posting FACTS.

What is more likely is that this woman, who was a radical leftie
to begin with, has probably suffered some kind of disorder because
of the death of her son and the fact that he died doing something
he believed in and that she didn't. He was an adult and he volunteered
to do the job. She still thinks of him as a little boy and not an adult.
He gave his life for a cause the she disagrees with. This has caused
her emotional distress to the point of a psychiatric disorder?? Perhaps.
Either that ... or she's very much full of her senses and is just using
this as a way to get attention to herself and her 'cause'.

[edit on 8/15/2005 by FlyersFan]

link   

and if it wasnt for the army they would be alot worse off then they are now, and how exactly its "skewed" i dont see just because the rich go to college, they can still join the army, there is noone in the military saying, hey man your smart and went to college dont join the army! not to mention the fact that the draft now covers people in college so if it was ever reinstated these "rich" you talk about are just as much in a # hole as the "poor" and if im not mistaken i just read recently that more then 50% of students continue onto college, this is why the draft covers college students now.

once again it comes down to the fact that the bush daughters do not want to join the army b/c it is there "god-given right" as so many people would say in this thread. now if there was a draft and they sumhow were picked and still didnt go i could see where your coming from, but even then we would not hear about it.

but please get back on how exactly the system is skewed in favor of the rich, the only way i can see is the rich are obviously more likly to attend naval academy or west point to graduate officers, but aside from that they graduate low officers that still are in combat...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Oh, brother...Like you know her family and their sentiments... I hope one of them makes it to the media and sets this story straight.

Careful for what you wish for, just because you think people will react a certain way, doesn't mean they will.

www.sacunion.com
In response to questions regarding the Cindy Sheehan/Crawford Texas issue:
Sheehan Family Statement:

The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect.

Sincerely,

Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.

Read more about it here:

www.sacunion.com...

I'm so glad they could get to the media to straighten this out.

[edit on 15/8/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

it comes down to the fact that the bush daughters do not
want to join the army

So what? There are 300 million people in this country. Definately
the majority have not joined the army. The daughters went to
college. Good for them! Not everyone serves their country in the
same way. Hopefully they will use their educations to help their
country in some fashion.

I am a female. I joined the Army. I do NOT resent the Bush
daughters because they did not wish to serve in the military.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

it comes down to the fact that the bush daughters do not
want to join the army

So what? There are 300 million people in this country. Definately
the majority have not joined the army. The daughters went to
college. Good for them! Not everyone serves their country in the
same way. Hopefully they will use their educations to help their
country in some fashion.

I am a female. I joined the Army. I do NOT resent the Bush
daughters because they did not wish to serve in the military.

and i dont see y u are on my case, im not against them, maybe you should read the post before you assume things, and im sure we all know what happens when people assume. FYI i was defending there choice not to b/c people think that bush is somehow manipulating them to stay here when it comes down to there choice, in no way shape or form did i express any hatred to that choice i was just defending the fact that they are not in war.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   

How can people be pro war against a country most have never been to.

Um ...
In WWII most people hadn't been to Germany, but were
in favor of the war against Hitler. In WWII most people hadn't been to
Japan but were in favor of the war against it. I haven't been to Iraq
but I definately was in favor of war against Saddam and his regime.
He mass murdered millions of people and caused instability not to mention
that he paid Palestinian suicide bomber families for murdering people in
Israel. OF COURSE I'm in favor of fighting against that. You don't have
to go to the country to be in favor of taking out a ruthless mass murdering
dictator.

If Israel stopped occupying the west bank, then the palestinians would have no justification to attack Israel and would loose all credibility internationally,

The reason Israel has the West Bank is because the soverign nation of
Israel was attacked and when Israel responded to that attack, it gained
control over the attackers lands. Israel shouldn't give up one inch of
land. If the Palestinians wanted to keep the land, they shouldn't have
attacked Israel to begin with. Oh .. and even when Isreal gives the
terrorists the land, it won't stop them. Hamas has vowed to destroy
Israel ... 'credibility' be damned....

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Probly gonna pea off someone here, but i have to say I'm sorry for my thoughts. I didn't know about the political gig that she was on. Just goes to show you that even folks that read don't read every thing that they need to.

I was all for Bush taking time to talk to her again, and probably would continue to be so if there were not any political agenda. Skippy, thanks for the links. I guess an old dog like me has to continue to be reminded that not everyone is as up and up as I would like to think they are.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

maybe you should read the post before you assume things,
and im sure we all know what happens when people assume.

I DID read your post. I assumed nothing. However,
now I am finding it VERY hard to follow what you are saying ...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There is a solution to this entire matter, however. But it requires cooperation from the Bush administration.

They need to relingquish control of the war and put it completely in the hands of our competent military commanders. If they say we need 300,000 troops, then by golly we need 300,000 troops. And I don't need to hear from anymore of the so-called armchair generals that are scattered over ATS about how this is a well-managed war.

We can't pull out of Iraq. That I agree with Deity Bush on and I have agreed with him on that since Day One of Operation: Iraqi Freedom. Ooh, I hate America so much, don't I? The rest of you must want to lose the war, then.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

and i dont see y u are on my case, im not against them, maybe you should read the post before you assume things, and im sure we all know what happens when people assume. FYI i was defending there choice not to b/c people think that bush is somehow manipulating them to stay here when it comes down to there choice, in no way shape or form did i express any hatred to that choice i was just defending the fact that they are not in war.

how can Bush manipulate his own daughters? they made the choice not to join the military. adults can make choice to join or not to join. their parents may try to persuade them not to join. but its the choosers choice.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join