It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheehan's Husband Files for Divorce

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Removed post...

In a lapse of personal judgment, I gave a user my last remaining Way Above Top Secret Award vote for a post that attacked Sheehan which was probably in bad taste. I apologize to any member who was offended by this.

[edit on 8/15/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
dont worry Maximus, serving in the military is just as dangerous in peacetime. u can get run over by a tank. Black Hawk crashing down for mechanical reasons. accidentally hit by another personnel during shooting range, etc. serving in the military is just almost like police who deals with crime that seems to be getting more dangerous as criminals have aks and other weaponry.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
You Ultra-Right Republicans Make ME Sick!

Well at least SOME News about Cindy that you can Agree with and start giving each other Hi-5s and WATS Awards.

Good Show Lads!

Cheers'

Enjoy!

And to just add one thing considering the topic of this thread:

What a SCUMBAG of a Husband, that leaves his Wife in a such a Moment in her Life - not only did they Loose a Son, but now they are going to Loose their Marriage?

Wonderful.

Noting that Bush has referred to the war as a "noble" pursuit, Sheehan told Reuters, "If it's such a noble cause, why aren't his daughters over there?"

Damn COWARD has even Evaded the Service HIMSELF - he's not crazy to send anyone of his Family into that Slaughterhouse called Iraq.

Get real Souljah.
First you have no idea about the circumstances surrounding the divorce. Just because they lost a son doesn't mean their feelings for each other changed if their marriage was headed this way before.

Also, HE lost a loved one too. His SON.
What if he just got tired of his wife exploiting his son's sacrafice for 15 minutes of fame. How would that make you feel if your wife did that?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by C0le
Maybe the hag will have a heatstroke and die out there in texas, better yet the local farmers accidentally fly crop duster over that road.

You have voted C0le for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Council member advocating the death of a fellow countryman. All I got from this thread is that Americans don't really need other countries to hate, they are too busy hating eachother.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zach
you cannot prove the fact that daddy pulled strings, im not doubting he did, but u cannot prove that.

I can't prove that - but my Gut feeling tells me thats how it happened.

also were is your state, im guessing switzerland or france as both have conscription armies where you can play a non combatant role.

I am from Slovenia, a country of Former Yugoslavia.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus

Originally posted by enslaved83
[I appreciate that, but my point is still valid. There are many many armchair pundits around this site who have never seen combat and never will. I assume you have served in the military from your comment? Did you never see anything to disturb you, to convince you that violence is horrible? When you signed up it was to protect your country/family ? If you were to go to war and lay down your life you would want it to be for a good reason?

I did (4) years active service in the Army as a tanker from 80-84 and (2) years reserve after that....for a total of (6) years of service. I won't make up any "combat" stories, because I have none...unless we talk bar-fights in Germany.

I joined up for probably the same reasons her boy did.....because I Love this country.

Lets not bag on Souljah people, he has his reasons and I don't think he hates the military, he just hates the "mission" their currently on.

Maximu§

Then you are a case of having put your money where your mouth is as I always say but I wonder if your opinion would be different if you had seen action? I also love my country btw. That is why I dislike Blair, becuase he has made such a mockery of everything Britain is supposed to stand for. He has absolutely zero credibility in my eyes.

I wanted to be a fighter pilot at one point. My grandad and his brother were (one killed) and my other grandad served in Burma. My Great grandad was in the first world war. My Father had a big fall out when he was a child with my Great Grandad because my Father wanted to buy an air rifle and when he did my Great Grandad wouldn't speak to him for weeks. He was in the trenches, he saw terrible terrible things and those things were always with him. Thats why afterwards he hated guns. I decided not to be a pilot because I didn't fancy killing people I had never met. Hearing stories like that also put me off.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Poor woman. She has lost her son and now her husband. She's probably better off without him if he couldn't support her to do something she felt so strongly about.

They've been separated since June 1. I can't say a whole lot for the marriage if it cannot withstand these differences. I know that in my marriage, if either of us felt compelled to do something like this, the other would provide 100% support, even if we disagreed with it. We respect each other's ability to make decisions for our own lives. We're not selfish.

If he's so weak that he can't support her in what she needs to do, then she's better rid of him. She's a passionate and amazingly strong, intelligent woman and frankly, there aren't many men who can handle that.

He's against the war, too! He's obviously just wimped out because he's no longer the center of her life. She has her own interests now. He can't control her and make her quit paying attention to things other than him. He's a wimp!

Losing a child changes a person forever. I can't believe how heartless some of you are.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

one question, and what have you done to serve your contry?

You think anyone wants to die for there country? If our country is in jeapordy, personaly I would join to keep my family safe. A war for profit though? A war built on lies? A war that has put this nation in harms way by making 1 billion people of the Islamic faith want us gone? Do any of you understand what Abu Griab was for? I will tell you.

You can physiclly torture them, cut there heads off do whatever it doesnt matter they have experiencd it all before. Abuse them sexually though and you have threatened there soul. This THEY believe. Do that and you have created canidates for terror that werent there before. Same thing with reports of flushing the quaran down the tiolet. There are people in our government that wants to have this nation attacked by legit terrorist. They want it so they can create more fear so you will be willing to give up your bill of rights and give them free reign to march into another country.

I cant believe some people are to daft to put this together in there minds. Must be a total lack of frontal lobes from having everything figured out for them from to much television viewing.

You think any soldier would want to fight/die for profit of the military industrial complex, big oil and Haliburton? You think Iraq was a threat to the United States even if they had WMD? If you do you do not know anyhting about strategy and logistics.

When has war become a liberal vs conservitive issue? War is only nessesary when a country is trying to put boots on the ground in your nation or one of your strategic allies. Otherwise you do not go to war.

Did any of you neo-cons/neo-nazi ever think that Iraq was setup in the first place. Sadam wanted to invade Kuwait because it was once a part of Iraq and of course he wanted the oil and port for more money. He asked our permission and it was granted. We told him: "The United States has no opinion about your border dispute with Kuwait. He was setup so the chain of events since then could be manipulated to where we are now.

Wake up America, God is testing you. And we are failing the test.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The two things I learned from this thread

1) Cindy Sheehan is obviously losing her mind.

2) Some people just really like war, and
a) They're upset that we're losing
b) They're upset that it might be over soon.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Originally posted by C0le
Maybe the hag will have a heatstroke and die out there in texas, better yet the local farmers accidentally fly crop duster over that road.

You have voted C0le for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

Wow. Talk about low and pathetic.

They'd be writhing and foaming at the mouth if someone said that about Bill O'Reilly or Mr. Bush.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
What does this thread have to do with the War on Terrorism? MAYBE a thread about Mrs. Sheehan's protest could fit here, but NOT an article about her personal life. This is twice removed from the subject at hand.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by heelstone]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
dont worry Maximus, serving in the military is just as dangerous in peacetime. u can get run over by a tank.

Yeah, it was a dangerous job....like driving a tank at 2 am across a half-frozen river on one of those floating bridges the combat engineers build and the only light I had is a guy with a weak glow stick guiding me...one little mistake and my 60 ton tank could slip off that dumb little floating bridge into the freezing fast-moving river. One mistake and you and crew are dead.

I saw a track commander in my platoon get killed by a low branch during a road-march.....it whacked him right in the neck and crushed it. He died on the side of a dirtroad and I can't even remember his name, just that he was from Puerto Rico and he boxed. Peacetime military service is not a bed-of-roses.....specially when your in a combat MOS serving over-seas.

sorry for going off topic

Max

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Why is this on WoT ? - it's a purely US domestic (and non-news) issue. If this was about some obscure UK individual it'd be shunted into another forum.

Deny parochialism !

[edit on 15/8/05 by CTID56092]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
Oh sorry I forgot it happened in America it MUST be important

Deny parochialism !

Somebody misses his colonies.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
No - somebody just thinks that there's a whole world out there and that just because thing's happen in America doesn't make them important per se.

I wonder how long my forthcoming posts about obscure Brits' wives marital status will last in the WoT forum?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I wonder how long my forthcoming posts about obscure Brits' wives marital status will last in the WoT forum?

COOL

How many of them are protesting the war outside Bushs home? Otherwise they wont be here long IMO

[edit on 15-8-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
CTID and RANT seem closer to divorce than the Sheehans.

Some healing please.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

If they're leading the protest that just may eventually end said WoT, there's a good chance it will stay.

Protest Movement Gains Momentum

ASHLAND, ORE., AND CRAWFORD, TEXAS – In her high-profile vigil outside President Bush's Texas ranch, Cindy Sheehan has brought the face and the heart of the antiwar movement to the world.

The plain-spoken words and image of a mother carrying a wooden cross to commemorate the son she lost in Iraq have suddenly brought focus to what has been largely an unseen and ineffective protest movement in the US.

This isn't about her son anymore. This is about ending this stupid war that's dragged on far too long. Now that she's free of her deadbeat husband, I say, "You go, Cindy"!

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
CTID and RANT seem closer to divorce than the Sheehans.

Some healing please.

I feel better already.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I think the point of this is accountability.

Accountability for the Bush administrations horrible lies and complete stupidity in the way they have handled this war. Don't forget that this war was started on falsehoods and now we are being told that we must lower our expectations in Iraq after this was like the 5th reason down the list as to why we went. 0, zero, zilch, nada accountability. This is disgraceful how this war is being handled right now.

There is no evidence pointing to divorce because of this, even though the article coincidentally draws us to that conclusion.. 60% of parents who loose children wind up in divorce. That is not uncommon.

To those calling her names, I would hope that this spirit of unabashed savagery would be extinct in this room by now. Fight with your big boy words and try taking the high road for once. You might find the view to be pleasant.

She has every right to do what she is doing, and yes I suppose you all have the right to call her a hag. A little consideration though for the loss of a loved one and for her fight to bring light to the attrocious effort of our commander in chief in handling this war.

Political agenda. Is she running for office? If so, this would be a PR nightmare, so what political agenda do you mean?

Have a heart.

Oh..please say something about bleeding heart liberals. After all...that is the lower road.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join