It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheehan's Husband Files for Divorce

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Here is the article from Smoking Gun.

link

The reasons are listed as "irreconcilable differences", but one has to wonder if Sheehan's husband has just had enough of her using (and being used) their son's death for political grandstanding?

[edit on 8/15/2005 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Thank heavans the man has some sense.

Soon she will be out there all by herself with nobody to support her, except for a few moonbats...

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Some men just cannot take the fact that their old ladies arent home to take care of them.

Some times when an offspring dies so does the marriage. I doubt it has to do with politics.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I took one look at this whacko and sized her up in (2) milliseconds.

Her actions are shameful and she is dis-honoring her sons sacrafice by pulling this stupid PR stunt. I think she is doing it more for herself, than for her fallen son.....well I don't blame her husband for dumping this hag.

Maximu§

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You Ultra-Right Republicans Make ME Sick!

Well at least SOME News about Cindy that you can Agree with and start giving each other Hi-5s and WATS Awards.

Good Show Lads!

Cheers'

Enjoy!

And to just add one thing considering the topic of this thread:

What a SCUMBAG of a Husband, that leaves his Wife in a such a Moment in her Life - not only did they Loose a Son, but now they are going to Loose their Marriage?

Wonderful.

Noting that Bush has referred to the war as a "noble" pursuit, Sheehan told Reuters, "If it's such a noble cause, why aren't his daughters over there?"

Damn COWARD has even Evaded the Service HIMSELF - he's not crazy to send anyone of his Family into that Slaughterhouse called Iraq.

[edit on 15/8/05 by Souljah]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Personally, I believe that she is doing the memory of her son a disservice.
She had her opportunity to confront the President one on one and did not.
Now a year later she demands another meeting? If she were just a grieving mother who wished the President to hear her out, then possibly Mr. Bush would consider her request. But now she has allowed the anti war protestors to thrust her into a carnival. She has allowed her sons memory to become a public display. I have loved ones in Iraq and I have lost loved ones in war. I would never allow any group whether I support their cause or not to use their name in such an irresponsible, uncaring spectacle. If she were my wife, I'd divorce her too. It is nothing but shameful grandstanding by a group who is using this poor womens grief for political gain. Americans are not stupid and most see this charade for what it is.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Perhaps some American wives are not permitted to protest by using their god given rights? I wasn't aware this action carried a branded label of whacko hag....

Damn those protesting housewives sure know how to destroy a marriage!

[edit on 15-8-2005 by syntaxer]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If this woman was supportive of the war in Iraq ans STILL divorced her husband, she would be honest about it and not be doing this for political gain, right?

I think those of who who think that way should take a good look at themselves and see if they really think that.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Perhaps some American wives are not permitted to protest by using their god given rights? I wasn't aware this action carried a branded label of whacko hag....

Damn those protesting housewives sure know how to destroy a marriage!

[edit on 15-8-2005 by syntaxer]

She has as much right to be out there protesteing as I do to call her a whacko hag. She has chosen her path, and we have chosen ours, rightfully.

She changed her view on this 180 degree's and is using her son's death for her own politcal agendas. And, she is entiltled to do so.

But I am entitled to call her a whacked out freak abusing her sons death and defiling his memory.

I just hope this man (her husband) can get away from her fast enough to retain some sanity and preserve his sons memory.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LA_Maximus
I took one look at this whacko and sized her up in (2) milliseconds.

Her actions are shameful and she is dis-honoring her sons sacrafice by pulling this stupid PR stunt. I think she is doing it more for herself, than for her fallen son.....well I don't blame her husband for dumping this hag.

Maximu§

It's too bad you can't have a little compassion for some one who has lost a child in such a violent way.......I wonder if all of your actions would bear this same type of withering scrutiny?

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
She has as much right to be out there protesteing as I do to call her a whacko hag. She has chosen her path, and we have chosen ours, rightfully.

She changed her view on this 180 degree's and is using her son's death for her own politcal agendas. And, she is entiltled to do so.

But I am entitled to call her a whacked out freak abusing her sons death and defiling his memory.

I just hope this man (her husband) can get away from her fast enough to retain some sanity and preserve his sons memory.

So, Mr. Hatred, if she was openly expressing her support for the War in Iraq, you wouldn't think of her as a "whacked out freak abusing her son's death and defiling his memory," right?

Just making you're being honest with yourself.

One thing's for certain, Mrs. Sheehan's actions have truly struck a nerve among the "I'm In Love with Mr. Bush" population.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
One thing's for certain, Mrs. Sheehan's actions have truly struck a nerve among the "I'm In Love with Mr. Bush" population.

Could not Agree with You more!

All the Die Hard Bush Fans are coming out Now and showing their Anger upon Poor Mrs. Sheehan, who has Sacrificed whole lot more, then they ever will with all their Silly Pro-Bush talking in their entire lives.

Maybe that's whats Bothering them....

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Maybe their relationship really is in the crapper and he's divorcing her for legitimate reasons, or maybe some ultra right-wing group threw some cash at her redneck husband in an attempt to humiliate her publicly, and he accepted. Sounds crazy huh? I don't think so.

Peace

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   

So, Mr. Hatred, if she was openly expressing her support for the War in Iraq, you wouldn't think of her as a "whacked out freak abusing her son's death and defiling his memory," right?

Just making you're being honest with yourself.

Are you even aware of the story Mr Super Hater? You have a clue about it?
Last year she met with Bush and could not speak any more highly of the visit and Mr Bush's sentiments. All of a sudden, she makes a complete about face and denounces him and the entire visit. Her entire family has come out against her. But I am a "Hater" because I feel the same way her family does?

Its YOU who have a hate issue. You hate anything American and you clearly will post whatever it takes to put down the USA and anybody who stands up for the USA. I could never imagine what its like to live in a world of such hate. I pitty you.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have pity for this woman.

I pity her for the fact that she lost her God-given son, whom she obviously loved like only a mother can do.

I also pity her for the emotional pain and suffering that she must be enduring - just like the thousands of other parents who have lost their children in Iraq, but choose to grieve in private.

I pity her because she has oviously gone off the deep end, driven by grief and anger. I pity her because, whether she does so willingly or not, she is being exploited by the anti-war movement and is being raised up by the media who have better things to report on.

I pity her because she already knows the answer to the question she wants to ask President Bush, and she already knows that she doesn't want to hear that answer to that question. Therefore, why ask the question? It is obvious she is seeking an opportunity to embarrass and humiliate the President, as a small form of satisfaction set against her loss. It is a undignified and petty reason, and I am sure that if her son were asked if he would like to she her do that, his answer would surely differ.

I pity her because her entire family has distanced themselves from her, and has gone so far as to announce that fact to the media in general, so that they may be left alone in their own grief. It seems obvious to me she had issues for some time, and that the announcement of divorce proceeding by her husband only seems to cement that in place. When your entire family, including your husband, tells you to stop and then will no longer associate with you, that is all I need to know.

While GWB may really be a weasel, and will duck this lady and take the low road, its probably the smart thing to do for all concerned. This lady needs to go home, get into therapy, and apologize to her family. If the blood of thousands of US servicement aren't enough to change the mind of GWB, I highly doubt the inane ramblings of a grief-stricken mon are going to have much more effect.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
even her family dont want to associate with her with this anti war stuff. i remember reading a letter by the family who just wants to be left alone and not use their dead soldier's name for political purposes.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Its YOU who have a hate issue. You hate anything American and you clearly will post whatever it takes to put down the USA and anybody who stands up for the USA. I could never imagine what its like to live in a world of such hate. I pitty you.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear.
You're being true to yourself, that's what I wanted to know.

Souljah, I think Ms. Sheehan has given the Bush lovers sort of a scapegoat on the issue. My guess is they'll use her as a symbol of everything they consider "wrong" about the country.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Oh, brother...Like you know her family and their sentiments... I hope one of them makes it to the media and sets this story straight.
Rush Limbaugh must be having an orgasmic field day

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

My guess is they'll use her as a symbol of everything they consider "wrong" about the country.

u can guess wat u will, she is pretty much turning this into a political chaos where even the neighbors are tired of this attraction both pro and anti war. some guy with a shotgun try to scare the people to leave.
even i would be.

posted on Aug, 15 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
You Ultra-Right Republicans Make ME Sick!

Well at least SOME News about Cindy that you can Agree with and start giving each other Hi-5s and WATS Awards.

Good Show Lads!

Cheers'

Enjoy!

And to just add one thing considering the topic of this thread:

What a SCUMBAG of a Husband, that leaves his Wife in a such a Moment in her Life - not only did they Loose a Son, but now they are going to Loose their Marriage?

Wonderful.

Noting that Bush has referred to the war as a "noble" pursuit, Sheehan told Reuters, "If it's such a noble cause, why aren't his daughters over there?"

Damn COWARD has even Evaded the Service HIMSELF - he's not crazy to send anyone of his Family into that Slaughterhouse called Iraq.

[edit on 15/8/05 by Souljah]

Hell yeah Souljah. I totally agree with you. Some people have absolutely no compassion for others whatsoever. Have any of you ever lost a loved one? It hurts like hell. What if they died for nothing, yeah thats right nothing and the guy who lied and thus caused their death is still taking yet another holiday at his massive ranch. Interesting side note, Bush has taken more holidays than any president in history.

She is trying to make the guy who lied about the reasons for her son going to war pay for what he has done. Him and Blair told a pack of lies and now thousands are dead. Yeah so what Saadam was evil. What about all the tin pot dictators in Africa and I can think of more than enough who have done things just as bad as Mr Hussain? Why not get rid of them? Cos they have no oil.

You Neocons need to wake up. Bush is a liar and so are the rest of his wrecking crew. He doesn't give a damn about any of you or the great country he is using to advance the interest of his mates and certain companies beginning with H.

I totally agree. Would Bush send his daughters to Iraq? Hell no. They aren't worth dying for oil because he loves them. Some average American voter, ahh so what, who gives a sh*t. You people mean nothing to him. He thinks your crud.

So what if you don't like the woman, its bad enough to loose her son and then her husband. Its not a nice thing to wish on any human being. Imagine for a minute that was you.

[edit on 15-8-2005 by enslaved83]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join