It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Numbers and their significance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I see 1122 more often, but 1111 pops up in the oddest places, like the crop circle I hope I pasted right. It is also the time of the solstice on the big day everyone wonders about. The solstice is at 11:11AM on 21/12/2012, which is of course 13.0.0.0.0. Baktun, the much debated first day of the next age, according to ancient Mayan timekeepers. I see 13 more than any other number, and last year was a particularly full year, with 13s up the yin yang. The USA seems to use 13 a lot, the # of states at the founding time. It sure has a rep. and I still wonder at the building storey floor 13 being misnamed 14 to this day. It is still the 13th floor, can't fool me. The four seasons are each 13 weeks long, playing cards have 13 cards per suit, and even though the 13 month calendar is far better than our mishmash, it is not considered as a future goal to change over to it and make planning so much easier....
11 and 13.... why those two? they sandwich 12.... I don't know....

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
[edit on 27-8-2005 by magnito_student]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Amazing 23 facts
Here are a few of the things that I have found out about the number 23:

Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes.
The pattern of DNA shows irregular connections at every 23rd section.
Humans have 23 vertebra running down the main part of their spines.
Blood circulates the body on average every 23 seconds.
The average head of human hair can support 23 tons of weight.

Measure the circumference of your head in inches and see what you get!
The golden section, an ancient progression of whole numbers represented by the series 2,3,5,8 etc. is repeated again and again in Nature.
Biological symmetry also mirrors the importance of the number five [i.e. five main bits spread out like a starfish, arms, legs, head etc., then five fingers, etc.].
Five (2+3), is an immensely significant number in all ancient and some modern rites and rituals. Take the pentagram and modern [post-Crowley and Chaos] magick.
The male and female sexual cycles run on different scales. Male cycle: 23 days. Female cycle 28 days [lunar month]. You blokes out there may not know about your sexual cycle but if you were a Tantrist doing your sex magic on a regular basis then you would!
The I-Ching, practised by Taoist scholars since one thousand BC, uses coins (of which tails value 2 and heads value 3) to create a process of divination that views past, future and present as a whole. Central to the philosophy is the realisation that current reflection and meditation will effect the course of events. The I-Ching provides no set predictions but shows a possible course on one fractal arm of the future.The 23rd hexagram of the I-Ching signifies Chaos, Disintegration. It's a timely reminder that if you create order and take it too far you set the store for it to implode and wipe out what you have been working for, sound familiar? Thus 23 has a strong theme of rejection of modern materialistic values..
The 23rd crops up around all of the Solstice and Equinox dates, again creating a stronger link between us humans and the Universal forces of nature that act upon us. You can reject and ignore these forces as much as you want but the seasons still affect you more than you can possibly imagine. Now this is something that I WAS aware of and the Solstices have always been a intriguing time for me as they mark the coming and going of the seasons and form a strong link to our ancestors. For them of course these times were of tremendous cosmic and spiritual significance [is there any need to mention Stonehenge?].
December 23, 2012 is the day the classic Mayans said the world would end.
The human biorhythm cycle is 23 days long.
The Harmonic Convergence occurs every 23,000 years.
Geosynchronous orbit occurs at 23,000 miles above Earth's surface.

Other 23 anomalies:
a-ok hand sign (index finger touching tip of thumb with 3 fingers up)=2-3
Hookem Horns sign used by Tx Longhorn fans 2 fingers up 3 down
Hookem Horn sign also used amongst people in music industry...extreme sports fans and athletes....."Go Satan"

After World Trade Center collapse...2 buildings that stood out most was World Financial Bluildings 2 (dome) and 3(pyramid)

www.wirednewyork.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I never gave much credit to this topic, I always thought it was coincedence, and then last night it happened to me, twice. Still quite possibly coincedence, but it's weird when it starts happening to you.

Last night I came home and came to check what had happened on ATS during the day, was about 10 pm when I came on. I didn't check the computer clock at all throughout my time online until I suddenly had the urge to look, and there it was... 11:11. I had a really weird feeling all of a sudden, I don't know why. They are just numbers after all. Anyway I asked my friend that was on MSN if he had ever happened, and he said no... just told me about how he has had disappearing time lately.
Anyway.. later I was up in my room and all of a sudden the 11:11 event popped into my head again. Then as if by instinct I looked up at my alarm clock..... 12:12. I was pretty freaked out, even though it was likely just a chance event that these two numbers came up. If it is linked to anything though, it's probably that Hurricane Katrina is headed right towards where I live.

Right now I was all... "Dare I look at the clock again", and I did and it is currently 8:48. Not as weird or symmetrical as the others, but still is. Oh well. I just think it's a weird thing, once you start looking for it you see it everywhere.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
What you describe is really not coincidence, at least not as I understand the term.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

2. A sequence of events that although accidental seems to have been planned or arranged.

You have been Sensitized by reading this Thread. The human mind really is a remarkable piece of equipment and is capable of all sorts of feats. It is not coincidence because it was indeed planned, by one of the many functions of your brain that operate without our direct control.

A.T
(-)

[edit on 9/1/05 by Alexander Tau]

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Over the last few days, Ive been staying up til the early hours of the morning, watching the news. The first time I looked at the clock and it said "01.11", then a few days later I looked at the clock and it said "02.22" then this morning, the clock said "04.44".

Although this is probably just a coincidence, it is quite weird.

posted on Sep, 1 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Sorry, my definition of coincedence was that what was happening was just by luck; no paranormal intervention; that statisticially speaking it wasn't that weird. Apparently the definition of coincedence is the opposite of how people use it??? :\.

I always thought a coincedence just meant an event that was likely to happen by chance, but that you slightly feel may have been purposefully caused. Oh well

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Sorry, my definition of coincedence was that what was happening was just by luck; no paranormal intervention; that statisticially speaking it wasn't that weird. Apparently the definition of coincedence is the opposite of how people use it??? :\.

I always thought a coincedence just meant an event that was likely to happen by chance, but that you slightly feel may have been purposefully caused. Oh well

co·in·ci·dence (noun)
- The state or fact of occupying the same relative position or area in space.
- A sequence of events that although accidental seems to have been planned or arranged.

Yes, I said, "Although this is probably a COINCIDENCE, it is quite weird." Meaning, I found it quite strange BUT I feel that it was probably just a coincidence (it happened by chance and wasn't planned)

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yarcofin,

Since we are getting into exact terms here let me give one of mine. To me something is only Paranormal if it violates, or to be more exact, bends the 'Laws' as we know them at this moment.

So on those few occasions where I, while deeply distracted, have reached into a 350 degree oven to pull out a glass pan that had been there for an hour with my bare hands, and walked across a small room to set it down, without any burns, that is Paranormal.

(Note to Everyone: Please do NOT attempt this. Even I cannot do it intentionally, if you do you will almost certainly burn.)

So actually what you described is in no way Paranormal to me. Our brains have more capacity that is recognized to be sure, but I know and accept that. So to me one element of what happened to you is simply that your mind is able to keep better track of time than you realize. You might not know at any particular moment what the exact time is, but a part of your mind does.

The reason you looked when you did, that 'instinct' you mentioned was driven by your reading of this Thread. Certainly your reaction to seeing 11:11 comes directly from here. I am quite certain you had seen the numbers before but until this Thread they were just the time.

One thing I have always tried to do is to help people to see the difference between what is really Paranormal and what is just a lack of understanding of basic human psychology. Sensitizing is not Paranormal, it is a normal mental function. When we focus our attention on a new concept we become sensitive to it.

Since we will in a sea of information we naturally pick and choose what is important to us. This 11:11 idea is a perfect example, it happens twice a day, always had. But unless something comes along to make you sensitive to it there is no reaction and it means nothing. Only after being sensitized do we get feelings of wierdness.

So while I do not think it is conincidence, neither is it Paranormal.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 2 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau
Since we will in a sea of information we naturally pick and choose what is important to us. This 11:11 idea is a perfect example, it happens twice a day, always had.
(-)

does it happen twice a day on your odometer, grocery bills, clock, wake up time, offset/incorrect clock, videotape/cd/dvd/video game counter, crop circle?
hmmmmm.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   

does it happen twice a day on your odometer, grocery bills, clock, wake up time, offset/incorrect clock, videotape/cd/dvd/video game counter, crop circle?

Since I know you know the answer to your question I am not sure what point you are trying to make. I did not say there is never anything more to numbers, I was talking about what Yarcofin experienced.

In fact Numerology is quite interesting and can lead to significant insights. But if you waste your time looking for deeper meanings in something that is a simple psychological event you will never learn anything of importance.

A.T
(-)

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I agree that I don't think it was paranormal. Also that I only recognised them because I had read this post earlier, or else if I had seen the numbers I would have just disregarded them. When you start purposefully looking for things (I wasn't, but I guess my mind was because of the topic a few days earlier), then you will start to find it happening everywhere. Doesn't necessarily mean that it is happening any more often, just that you start noticing it more. I think people misunderstood my original post... I don't think it was paranormal, and I just think it was a chance event. I was just explaining that it happened to me, and it is easy to attach preconcieved notions to seeing two completely normal numbers.

The past few days I have been trying to replicate it, and I can't..... 10:04, 9:02, 6:39. All meaningless non-symmetrical, non-repeating numbers...which just shows that it is entirely by luck.

posted on Sep, 3 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alexander Tau

Since I know you know the answer to your question I am not sure what point you are trying to make. I did not say there is never anything more to numbers, I was talking about what Yarcofin experienced.

In fact Numerology is quite interesting and can lead to significant insights. But if you waste your time looking for deeper meanings in something that is a simple psychological event you will never learn anything of importance.

A.T
(-)

fair enough. this eleven eleven thing is TOOO(two?) coincidental.
most people(i've read a lot of testimony) experience 'it' first, and THEN find out later that others are having the same experience.
yarcofin, by purposely trying to make it happen, and then have it not happen really proves nothing. 'it' is spontaneous and serendipitous.
let's face it, 11:11 only happens twice a day.

why did i start noticing 1152 all the time? the eleven eleven happened first, and then the 333, then 444, then 222, then 1234, then 555.
1152, it turns out is 96 X12. i find that interesting because of the 'holy' nature of twelve(disciples/144, 000, twelve days of christmas, twelve signs of the zodiac, etc), and the 96 looks like an inside out yin yang, or even a double helix.
ever see 'stigmata'? they quote from the 'lost' gospel of st. thomas.

77. Jesus said, "I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained. Split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."

there you go! it's even verse number 77!

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
As far as noticing 11:11 frequently goes, I have this to offer. I was in college in 1993, when email was just becoming widespread. My computer-assigned address was a combination of 4 letters of my last name and the number 419. Since then, I've always noticed the number 419, and I'm even more likely to buy a product if it costs $4.19 and the competing product is slightly less. I notice it on maps, clocks, accounting figures - all over. Does that make me enlightened in some sort of alternative way? Or does my association with that number just give it some significance when I happen to see it, unlike an infinite string of numbers I see every day but lack meaning for me?

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBizzos
Or does my association with that number just give it some significance when I happen to see it, unlike an infinite string of numbers I see every day but lack meaning for me?

six of one, half dozen of the other.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

i did a couple googles...

"eleven eleven" 23,500 hits

MANY of these hits are people sharing the experience of noticing 11:11 on clocks and whatnot. there are many websites dedicated to 11:11.

here's one
here's another
another
www.lightandlife.com...
www.spiritofmaat.com...
brandtechnology.com...

and most importantly....

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...
Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?
Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.
Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?
Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?
Marty DiBergi: I don't know.
Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.
Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.
Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

"four nineteen" 540 hits

of those hits, ZERO are about someone noticing else 4:19. several WERE about orwell's 1984, which could be seen as signifigant or interesting if you were to believe that an unssen teacher is out their trying to get you to open your unseen book and do some unseen studying.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Tell me next weekend if you happened to notice 4:19 during the course of the week.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Dear Readers,

The number 1111 has a great significance all on its own. Someone did a google search of the web above and found over 23,000 hits. Among those hits was a site called Light and Life which carries a link back to the grand-daddy of all information on 1111 which is the Australian author, George Barnard, and his experiences with the Midwayers**- there being exactly 1,111 of them (aka The Progress Group). I'll let him explain it to you if interested.

**Midwayers are a permanent citizenry located on our planet, really our historians, and just outside of the visible white-light frequencies. They have come together to help all who solicit the universe to be accepted into service no matter how small the act. They have the capacity to turn human attention to the 11:11 prompts which is a "thank you" or a greeting from friends. It is probably the only conscious contact many will have with them.

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The Midwayers stuff is interesting.

Troy

posted on Sep, 4 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i just noticed my post time was 7:22 which is the ratio of the base to the height of the great pyramid, and, of course, approximates pi(py, get it?).
seven-the number of god
twenty two-eleven eleven
coincidence?
of course! the very definition of it. two events(co/together) occuring(inciding/incident) at the same time.
meaningful?
let the reader decide.

in this case, is it really just two events?
i'm posting about numbers on a numbers thread and one of the most enigmatic/religious/mysterious/useful/uncalculatable numbers(pi) comes up as a synchronous event.
once again, the reader WILL decide. those who have had the experience will go, OHYEAH!, those who haven't will go, NAW...
anyone read 'contact' by carl sagan? the fiction book they made into a flick? the one where they layered 3Dinformation on top of a two dimensional matrix(using a skip code? a key? i forget). the challenge was met, and the 3D images were plans to build a mytery machine. it turned out to be a spaceship(teleporter, really). one passenger could go. the passenger arrived at an artificial planet at the center of the universe where the goal of worthy aliens(those who could decode the plans for the spaceship) arrived to help in the ultimate spiritual quest......
calculating pi to the last decimal.

it's just food for thoth, ...errrr, ....thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join