It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick spot the Terrorist!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I've noticed alot of people coming out in favor of profiling regarding Muslims. People saying that the NYPD should be looking for suspicious arabic looking people. They say that we should use this magical profile to check the "real" threats and leave the "little old ladies" alone all right then...

Your a policeman defending the New York subway and you've just recieved an urgent bulletin that terrorists are sneaking a bomb into your station as we speak. We don't know what they look like we just know they're Muslim. You only have thirty seconds to make the right choice who do you choose?

Quick spot the Muslim terrorist using the profile (remember look for guys who look "Arab" with the word "Muslim" written on their foreheads)!

[edit on 2-8-2005 by boogyman]

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I liked the subtle use of Malcom X...

Its a sad fact that in this day and age of DNA and Facial Recognition Technology that racial profiling is still being used... All you have to do is look at the inversly proportional amount of African Americans who are locked up in prison - and how many Muslims are indefinately locked up in Guantannamo...

xu

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   
you forgot this one:

oh wait he turned out to be an MI6 agent, nevermind. he is not the guy you are looking for, move along. (Obi Wan style)

I think the goal of the western "behind the curtain" forces is to alienate muslims and westerners from eachother, they continuously manipulated the internal composition of the mid-east countries i.e. overthrowed governments, backed up guerillas, and revolutioners, installed governments, sabotaged production etc. etc. etc. and they invaded, and killed hundred thousand people (including but not limited to vietnam and iraq), and from the other hand they create and back terrorist organisations in those regions, and also using these to also attack the west. I guess the public is being prepared for a phase where more weapons would be sold, and more $ will be spend for weapon contracts, maybe a bigger war. if you look at the history each ~100 years there was a big-scale war. and its time is about to come.

the ordinary man in the west has been fed the idea that muslims are evil and terrorists, and also the ordinary man in the east is fed with the idea that the westerners are evil and terrorists. yet the western society did not lose as much as people as the eastern society, they think that the only goal of mid-east people are to kill every and all westerners. not really, the only think they want is to live a normal life where they can grow their children and enjoy their life, they are never given the chance, take iraq for example. UK first tried to invade iraq and make it a colony, however it dint work out so they abandoned the region by leaving a puppet government, a shah. then he was killed and another revolution took place, and then later saddam appeared from exile and again with the help of armed guerillas he overthrowed the then current government and became the dictator, from there you know the story. the saddam is also believed to be installed by CIA. consider that before all these events those places were peacefull environments. yet for nearly about a hundred years what they witnessed is pain and death.

I think the forces at work here has something in mind for alienating west and east from eachother. people shouldnt fall for it, yet it is harder for the ones from those regions in mid-east where there is so little or no education and the only thing they witness is exploding bombs, whizzing bullets, hunger, pain, and death. not a pretty picture I know. it would be much easier for them to hate the western forces in those conditions. it is not a good situation we are witnessing in the world today.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
The first step is to eliminate all dead people...they don't usually commit suicide bombings.

Then use the latest intelligence combined with good police work to observe behavior, it's quite easy acutally.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The first step is to eliminate all dead people...they don't usually commit suicide bombings.

Um, actually to the best of my knowledge, there are no living suicide bombers on the planet at this time (unless a bomb is going off at exactly this millisecond).

I have to take exception to GhostSoldier's citation of the disproportionate representation of African Americans in the prison population.

They are being convicted by juries, remember? Has it crossed anybody's mind that maybe if they'd stop committing crimes they wouldn't be going to jail?

Here's the problem- look at white gangs, namely skinheads. I believe statistics would show them to be represented roughly as (per capita) as black gangsters in the prison population.

The problem is that while the "white gangster" image is not acceptable by and large, the "black gangster" image is embraced and encouraged in many forms of media.

I think the message is clear- if society enforces a strict standard on a group of people, they are less likely to commit crimes. I for one do not blame the police for the fact that there are a lot of black people in prison. I blame black people, as well as the "thug" culture which the powers that be are selling to them.

I'm standing by to be called a racist now, but what I have said is not racist, so let me invite any critics in advance to stick it in their ear. All I'm saying is that profiling isn't the problem- societal norms are the problem.
The same thing goes for Islamic terrorists. If you come from a society where a message that encourages terrorism is prevalent, you are more likely to become a terrorist. This makes North Africans, Arabs, and certain Asians, especially Indonesians exponentially more likely to commit acts of terror than a little old lady from the mid-west.

Facial recognition and DNA profiling are great, but let's be realistic.

"Look directly into that camera there and try to make a face that is as close as possible to the last time you were photographed by the authorities. Great, now please roll up your sleeve and give me your arm- you're going to feel a slight pinch... There, now we'll get these back from the lab in 3-5 weeks and you can board the plane then. That will give you just enough time to get through the strip-search line which we make every single person go through."

Or...
*lets the little old lady in a wheel-chair through*
*lets senator McCain through*
*stops the heavily tattooed skinhead who is scowling at every non-white passenger near him and cracking his knuckles*
*lets the family of six through*
*stops the 20 year old arab who is sweating profusely and praying under his breath*

Which one sounds more logical to you?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
All you have to do is look at the inversly proportional amount of African Americans who are locked up in prison -

Perhaps an inversly larger amount of African Americans do crimes
thus the reason more are locked up?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'd stop all of them, then check their bags.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Then use the latest intelligence combined with good police work to observe behavior, it's quite easy acutally.

Next step would be to eliminate the ones that are still alive and were far away when the facts happend.

Like with 9/11, several of the hijackers turned out to be alive and halfway acros the world when 9/11 happend.

Offcource they could have involvement, but well, saying they are one of the 19 dead hijackers in the attacks, then having them found alive and supplying no substitute name in the hijackers list ...

I doubt they survived and teleported half way across the world after slamming an airplane into the WTC.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

The first step is to eliminate all dead people...

Hmmmm....

Why would you want to Eliminate the Dead People?

They're already Dead, Sir!

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
[...]
I have to take exception to GhostSoldier's citation of the disproportionate representation of African Americans in the prison population.

They are being convicted by juries, remember? Has it crossed anybody's mind that maybe if they'd stop committing crimes they wouldn't be going to jail?
[...]
The problem is that while the "white gangster" image is not acceptable by and large, the "black gangster" image is embraced and encouraged in many forms of media.

[...] I for one do not blame the police for the fact that there are a lot of black people in prison. I blame black people, as well as the "thug" culture which the powers that be are selling to them.

[...] All I'm saying is that profiling isn't the problem- societal norms are the problem.
[...]

The African American people are still far behind the white Americans, as far as rights are concerned... And while my previous post may come across as blaming the police officers, I meant nothing of the sort... I was trying to highlight the instituionalised racism that is still inherent in almost every facet of the American lifestyle... I would like to see one intelligent African American come on this board and say that they as a people have the same freedoms and rights that a white person does...

Its all on paper, but paper only... This whole thing about equal oportunities is a facade... But I agree with you on one thing... Its the multi-billion dollar record label executives who are stereotyping the African American people... But its not the average African American (wo)mans fault... Its the white capitalists that virtually control the world...

25% of Americans live below the official poverty line, and the majority of that 25% is African American and Hispanic people... Only a fraction of that 25% are white people... Explain to me how that is anyones but societies fault...

Malcome X and Martin Luther King were assassinated by your own government, and you think there has been freedom since then... While African Americans may not be forced to sit at the back of the bus anymore, the racism is still there, it has just become instituionalised - which might I add, is even more dangerous...

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I agree completely with Vegabond there. It is a culture that seems to glorify violence. Not the individual people. People are peolple. Cultures are something else, and the black culture does seem to promote it.

People will always end up doing what they are told to do, the only question is whether it would be conciously through what they were conciously taught in schools, homes, churches, etc - or - subconciously like what they watch, read, listen to, etc.

The PC'ness of today's life is also burgoning on going backwards with people afraid to even speak their minds incase it offends a designated ethnic/culture. It was so bad here in Toronto, after a white teen was beaten to death by a group of black kids the police and media were tripping all over themself's saying it wasn't a "hate crime", meanwhile the very crime scene they are filming on has "Black power" and "die white B*tches" - it is crazy.

Sorry for the rant there at the end, but that case really fried my buns

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
But I agree with you on one thing... Its the multi-billion dollar record label executives who are stereotyping the African American people... But its not the average African American (wo)mans fault... Its the white capitalists that virtually control the world...

Then you don't agree with me. Let me state in no uncertain terms that I do blame those who buy into "gangsta" culture for the plight of their race. This blame can not be wholly pushed off on to the lame old white guys who sell it to them- it is shared.

25% of Americans live below the official poverty line, and the majority of that 25% is African American and Hispanic people... Only a fraction of that 25% are white people... Explain to me how that is anyones but societies fault...

I'd be glad to. While society shares blame, the individuals share responsibility for their plight because they have allowed themselves to be lead down self-destructive avenues. A member of a minority group does not necessarily have to buy into entitlement and wait for somebody to hand him his meal ticket. He can go out and get it for himself, if he is wise enough to reject the role that he is offered by the entitlement crowd as a slave to help them reap votes on their political plantation.

The Operating Engineers Union, of which I am a member, is a perfect example. Anyone who likes can go in, plop down about a hundred bucks, and join the apprenticeship program. In just two years, any bum off the street can be a fully trained heavy equipment operator and make 30 dollars an hour plus insurance, vacation, overtime, etc.
There is no discrimination here- you come to the office, you fill out the papers cut a small check, and you get a number. When your number comes up, they dispatch you to the very next job. The only thing standing in anybody's way is initiative.

I believe it is a cultural phenomenon that I am observing when I notice that the people who take it upon themselves to find out about the union and join tend to be white people from poor families- rednecks frankly. Their culture pushes a certain image upon them. They are pressured to master a trade so that they can make a little more money than the next blue collar guy and see themselves as knowledgeable in something others could not do. It is this culture that I believe leads such people to search out an opportunity such as the union offers and take it.

I also believe it is a cultural phenomenon that I am observing when I notice that you don't see very many blacks in the union, even in San Bernadino, where you'd expect to find a reasonable number. I've noticed that some minority people I run into on a daily basis- mainly gas station attendants I chit-chat with when I stop on the way to work, ask me about my job. But they don't ask me how to get it- they ask me to get them a job. I suspect that this has something to do with the culture they brought up in. When politicians are always trying to sell them entitlement and they are taught that all you've got to do is sign on the dotted line and turn the form in to the government, you can't tell me that this doesn't create a perception of how things work and how things are obtained.

Culture is the problem. What people are presented with, and how they choose to react to it, is what generates this stuff.

Cut short- talk to you about it later.,

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
This thread is based on the profiling of people BEFORE an attack occurs and the original poster put up pictures of people to profile.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Hmmm, The Chinese Kung Fu Grand Master, Dennis Hopper, Malcom X, Movsar Barayev, or your thug.

I'll go with Dennis Hopper.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I am curious who the first guy is. He seems like he wants a fight, but as HowardRoark has pointed out, he also looks like he may have some skillz...

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Sorry, but is just stupid to argue against racial profiling when the terrorist at hand seeking to be apprehended are 90% arabic. Why bother to stop old white ladies?

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
I am curious who the first guy is. He seems like he wants a fight, but as HowardRoark has pointed out, he also looks like he may have some skillz...

-koji K.

Oh, I think he might have more than a few "skillz."

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by koji_K

-koji K.

Oh, I think he might have more than a few "skillz."

Thanks for the link... Damn! I pity the fool who profiles this guy!

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boogyman
I've noticed alot of people coming out in favor of profiling regarding Muslims. People saying that the NYPD should be looking for suspicious arabic looking people. They say that we should use this magical profile to check the "real" threats and leave the "little old ladies" alone all right then...

I just heared them talking about this on the news here and I am just horrified! It is no only racist but it is prejeduce and generalisations.

And as one terrorist expert here said, if we just start looking for people of middle-eastern decent then they will stop using them.

posted on Aug, 2 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
it's the dude with the beanie. he hid the word "muslim" under it.

nevertheless, there is just something dark in his eyes. i suppose i just could be smokin like i had eye surgery though.

daved

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join