It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible, are we looking at it from the right angle?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
(Not only is the KJ Bible we have in the UK slightly warped anway due to translation errors and the editing, but it was written from the perspective of people in the Middle East I believe? (I may be slightly wrong about the origins but the point is that it was not written by an Englishman, American, Frenchman, Italian, etc)

I have found it best not to only read one type of Bible, I read all types too NIV,new american, and KJV. I have read alot of other types too. What i have found out is sometimes thing are wrightin more beatifully in KJ or NIV

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dancer

Yes......

Can it be that Simple???

Isn't God the Super-est Super-Genius!

All that, and a heart, too!

Ain't we a pair???

No doubt!!

posted on Aug, 7 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

mercy has limits.
uuuummmm...well, in certain ways, maybe. Although those limits exist only in human perception of divine actions.
Ultimately I feel certain that God's mercy and grace is boundless, and that sometimes what seems just too awful or cruel in this world won't seem like much that we had to bear, compared to what's to come. Just like Paul said.

God will not blink fear and hate out of existance, because then God would loose their polar opposite: Love.
I don't think that fear and hate will cease to exist (as possibilities) but that every soul will become an 'overcomer', too (making it impossible to hate and fear)--and so 'evil' (darkness) will not cease to exist, but rather will be overcome by the 'good' (light).

I don't think God could lose love, it's only that we would no longer be able to perceive it without the possibility of evil (albeit overcome) in existence.

God is truth, and truth is that truth needs to love truth in order to continue to exist.
Wow. That's deep. But makes sense.

Therefore God cannot will out of existance fear and hate and retain love, only creation can accomplish that for God.
Exactly. But it's accomplished for us, by God, through ourselves, and His reasons are to cause creation to benefit creation for our sakes, because of Love. He didn't have to do any of it, but He did.

I also think that His plan is for evil to also overcome evil!

Evil shall slay the wicked: and they hate the righteous shall be desolate.
Psalms 32:21

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
does'nt say somewhere in the Bible God is love. God is a very father'ly type person and he can only love. Its our sin's and none belief in christ that takes us away for him.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
does'nt say somewhere in the Bible God is love. God is a very father'ly type person and he can only love. Its our sin's and none belief in christ that takes us away for him.

Two Thumbs up (Some of my little guys are gone)

Off the cuff - I don't belive those are the words used - but they well define the intention of the entire Bible.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
1 John 4:8

And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1 John 4:16

Leave it to the Beloved John to tell it like it is.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I find it bizzare how many people who have read the Bible miss the entire point of it.

The Bible, which does well deserve study, Isn't a whole lot more than G-d saying "Here I am and here's how to find me"

The point is to bring people closer to G-d, as well as to give them an understanding of what G-d expects of them. - Do this, that and this other thing, but Don't do that cuz it's bad for you. You may not understand why it's bad for you - but it is - (ex. the dietary laws - the whole thing about not eating pork, shrimp, lobster etc. Every animal on that list is a scavanger - they eat the worlds trash - so it isn't a good thing for you to eat, of course unless your Jewish you probably like a good ham and cheese on rye).

The 10 Commandments are a list of things that if ascribed to prevent anyone from having a reason to hold you accountable for something that should have been avoided in the first place. Christ sums up the 10 Comandments quite well with his statement - Love each other as I love you. - It shouldn't matter if you are "Borne Again", or not dispite what the fellow at the pulput says - To me the harsh points made by extreamist views only serve to cloud the issue. The bottom line is simply G-d made you, and he wants to make sure that you don't mess up too badly.

Sure, messing up is normal - it's human. When you do, you say hey, I'm sorry and I ain't gonna do that again.

posted on Aug, 8 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.
1 John 4:8
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
1 John 4:16
Leave it to the Beloved John to tell it like it is.

Thanks alot queen i knew it said God is Love,blessing to ya

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join