It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azathoth
I have seen a real levitation before. it was in the middle of a field on flat ground. the area was checked for devices that could be hidden or camoflaged to produce such an effect. So unless there was a completely silent helicopter or a huge crane able to stretch out about 100 ft and not be visable in a rural area, then that was a real levitation. The man who did it also spoke of mind over matter but in a different way. This man was also shunned by the community because his beliefs weren't not christian.

-Aza

Who is he? Name? Where can I find his stories on internet?

Thanks

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believe84
I found a video a while back now on youtube that examines his building to building levitation trick showing faults and multiple shots that dont fit together..
Was obsessed for a while and was fun to think about but have come to realise that indeed a payed ordinance in addition with an apple mac creates his as one person said 'Mind Hacks', yes not black magic, but clever publcity..

When you see it in person, and paid to see it, as I have, you can't use the 'paid audience, video editting' explanation.
It is a good thing to do to go and actually see this stuff up close in person. At least you find out it is not camera tricks and paid audiences.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Criss Angel beats down any magician hands down, this is fact, and even the best of them are clueless at what he does.

Some can be explained easy as magic, but when you float 4-5 feet in the air and make bystanders float also, its something clearly different.
The only thing I can think is he somehow hypnotizes through tv also to make you believe its happining.

This is a must see- www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Criss Angel and David Blaine are showman, not demons

But they are also more than just illusionists. Which is why they became millionaires while veteran magicians many years older never had the opportunity to have their own television show. It takes more than sleight of hand, misdirection, and gadgetry to pull that off. It takes a genuine Gift of Telekinesis.

People need to stop fearing and condemning that which they do not understand. Just because someone has power does not make him or her a demonic figure

Criss Angel admits that some of what he does is illusion and that some of it is real in using the Mind-Body-Spirit connection - a clever and intentionally fragmented explanation. See Criss Angel's interview with John Gibson on FOX News.

Most of you probably don't remember this, as it was before your time, but decades ago there was another man who would freak people out on a regular basis with telekinetic demonstrations that magicians could not duplicate. Like causing eating utensils to bend in the homes of those who watch a video of him performing on television.

His name is Uri Geller.

People having a Gift of Telekinesis is nothing new. It has been happening for time immemorial. The prophet Issa/Jesus was a prime example, as was the prophet Moses and a host of long-forgotten prophets of the old gods

My Gift of Discernment from discarnate Saints tells me (and now you) that David Blaine's Group Entity has HUNDREDS of "yellow energy angels" in it. Criss Angel's Group Entity has THOUSANDS of "yellow energy angels." That is why Criss Angel's feats of magick are greater than that of David Blaine. You won't see Blaine levitating between two buildings or teleporting away on a motorcycle - as Criss Angel did. Criss Angel channels a Group Entity that has considerably more members and thereby significantly more power to generate to him and around him as a Gift of Teleknesis.

If there was a Group Entity that had MILLIONS of members, just as the one that the prophet Issa/Jesus channeled (which wanted him to fulfill Old Testament messianic prophecy), as well as the prophet Moses (not the same GE by the way), then you would see someone with a more powerful Gift of Telekinesis than Criss Angel.

For more links to videos on Criss Angel, David Blaine, and others who have a Gift of Telekinesis, go to this page.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

But they are also more than just illusionists. Which is why they became millionaires while veteran magicians many years older never had the opportunity to have their own television show. It takes more than sleight of hand, misdirection, and gadgetry to pull that off. It takes a genuine Gift of Telekinesis.

ALL of David Blaine's magic tricks are just that, Magic tricks and old ones at that. You can go to any run of the mill magic shop and find props and books that explain everything he does. I have been doing magic for a long time and can preform 90% of what he does on his street magic show. Maybe not as fluently as him but none the less I can fool any laymen. I'm not taking away from him because he is good at what he does but he is not super natural and neither is Criss Angel. Now the stunts that Blaine does , well that is another story they are just crazy. Not my thing because I don't consider stunts like what he does magic per say just stunts. Im more into XCM than magic but I started with magic and I do like to watch both of them on TV because they are also great actors and their patters are smooth and catch everyone off guard.

Houdini on his deathbed told the doctor he envied him.
When the doctor asked why and told Houdini that he was the greatest magician ever. Houdini told him he envied him because what the doctor does is real and what he does is trick people and he felt his life was one big lie.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
new season of 'mindfreak' starts this tuesday...

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Note to self to Pre set the DVR.
I like to record them first and then watch them. I have got spoiled with my DVR as far as commercials go.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
ALL of David Blaine's magic tricks are just that, Magic tricks and old ones at that. You can go to any run of the mill magic shop and find props and books that explain everything he does. I have been doing magic for a long time and can preform 90% of what he does on his street magic show.

I love a guy with confidence.

Now please provide for us a video of you levitating between two buildings in broad daylight (like Criss Angel), with a crowd of people below you who are not paid in any way to participate.

Better yet, make an ANNOUNCEMENT to ATS/BTS of your intention to do that. I am sure that Skeptic Overlord, Springer, and all the Mods will want to be there. This way you can prove to all of us beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are as good or better than David Blaine and Criss Angel

I will especially want to be there because I have the ability to psychically detect telekinetic energies at work through and around someone.

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Houdini on his deathbed told the doctor he envied him.
When the doctor asked why and told Houdini that he was the greatest magician ever. Houdini told him he envied him because what the doctor does is real and what he does is trick people and he felt his life was one big lie.

That's because Harry Houdini did not have a Gift of Telekinesis. He was only an illusionist and escape artist who was in good shape and who could dislocate his back to help him quickly get out of traps.

Harry made a pact with his wife that if there was life after death he would contact her in some way. Well, that didn't pan out because he did not have the support on the Other Side to make it work - and he wasn't highly evolved.

In contrast, there have been people who told their significant other that after they died, they would give them a sign that there was an Afterlife.

For example, there is the well-known story about the successful historical novelist by the name of Taylor Caldwell. She did the same thing that Harry Houdini did in that she made a pact that she would try to provide a sign that there was life after death.

In their yard there was an old, rotting, dead tree. Shortly after she died the tree not only came back to life but also went into full bloom FOR ONE DAY. Then it never showed any sign of life again.

Unless you are an Ascended Master - and there aren't any up there right now - then you have no other choice but to get the assistance of thousands or at least hundreds of people on the Other Side to combine their energies in order to produce or manifest a substantial sign to people here, on This Side, that there is life after death.

Here's to you proving your point

[edit on 1-6-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

This is me doing David Blaine's levitation technique, called the Balducci levitation.

Criss angel's base technique where he levitates up onto a chair or wall is explained in a link i posted previously.

The building to building is called showmanship, the use of a gimmick (pre-prepared device as in wires etc) and video editing.

I've been a magician for many years as i posted earlier and these people are no more than skilled illusionists.

Believe they are telekinetic or whatever, but you are only fooling yourself.

And before you rant at me about it like you did the last sensible poster, i don't claim to be able to do the building to building levitation, i simply don't have the money for the tools needed.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
The building to building is called showmanship, the use of a gimmick (pre-prepared device as in wires etc) and video editing.

I've been a magician for many years as i posted earlier and these people are no more than skilled illusionists.

Believe they are telekinetic or whatever, but you are only fooling yourself.

And before you rant at me about it like you did the last sensible poster, i don't claim to be able to do the building to building levitation, i simply don't have the money for the tools needed.

Okay...so we have established the fact that you have not managed to be very successful as an illusionist and therefore do not have the money in order to buy the materials needed in order to fake a building to building levitation.

And you are also implying that all the eyewitnesses, at least one of which chimed in with his testimonial in this very thread, are complete and utter morons. None of them were able to see the helicopter, wires, or apparatus that Criss Angel used when he levitated above them between two buildings.

I know about the Balducci levitation trick and also the misdirection of levitation when you have your back turned and go up a step, low wall, or incline; this Criss Angel fully explained and demonstrated. However, neither can be done when there is nothing in front of the illusionist and also after a certain degree of hovering has been achieved.

Keep in mind that Blaine and Angel both perform illusions and sleight of hand but they also have a Gift of Telekinesis as well. Angel admits, as I stated previously, that a lot of what he does is REAL - like bending and breaking the FOX News eating utensils during his interview with John Gibson. For those who missed that...go here.

I recall another ATS-er who witnessed David Blaine doing his public pavement levitation. He stated that he was about six feet away and that both of Blaine's feet were completely off the ground - with no wires or apparatus of any kind on him or around him

Experience, as always, is the best teacher.

With phenomenon like this, it is often a matter of having to be there in order to witness it for yourself.

I myself have had the opportunity to witness feats of telekinesis. Things you could not possibly do unless you have a Gift.

For example, years ago I saw The Amazing Kreskin, live and on stage at a nightclub. He gathered together a bunch of thick, college rings from the audience. After putting them on a ring sizer, he said, "Sometimes this works and sometimes this doesn't." This in itself being indicative that he was not the one making it happen. After a few twists, the rings all magically - or rather magickally - linked together.

A trick you say?

How about when he then passed around the rings to the members of the audience to prove that they were their rings and that they were indeed linked together?

He then got the chain back, put them back on the ring sizer, made a few more twists, and they were all magickally separated - just as they were before - and he handed them back to their owners.

You want to attempt that one on video with eyewitness ATS-ers?

Can you afford a ring sizer?

[edit on 1-6-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
No need to insult me... And drop the high and mighty attitude.

I am not a professional magician as you imply, it is a hobby. I do it for entertainment.

I'm not going to argue with you any more as you seem to have your mind set. I'm not saying i disbelieve in telekinesis, hell, look at the quigong masters thread to see proof of that, I'm just saying that i don't think these 'magicians' possess it.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
fooffstarr,

Seems to me that you were the one who came into this thread with insults. Not the least of which was your insinuation that eyewitness testimonials attesting to Blaine and Angel having a Gift of Telekinesis were nonsense.

I am not a professional magician as you imply, it is a hobby. I do it for entertainment.

If you are not a professional magician and you do it only as a hobby, then why are we to believe your explanation since you base that on your experience from being only an amateur magician?

I'm not saying i disbelieve in telekinesis, hell, look at the quigong masters thread to see proof of that, I'm just saying that i don't think these 'magicians' possess it.

Evidence supportive of unusually powerful Qigong practitioners - like John Chang for example - is really no greater than that of people like David Blaine and Criss Angel. Both have done healings just as Chang has, but less often.

So my rhetorical question to you is...

What is your method or approach in being able to determine a genuine Gift of Telekinesis from simple misdirection, gadgetry, and illusion?

If you don't have a viable method that you have tested and which works, then it stands to reason that you don't have a clue in being able to tell the difference between the two

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
oh my god you think he can levitate?
even david cooperfield admits its magic
your buying into the hype
wow
there is no way to prove that to someone who believes it unless criss angle was infront of you.

funny he was at UFC the other night in the crowd, he got the winner wrong (bad guesser) and he did not levitate worth a damn
thats my proof.
do it off the cuff right there
whats amatter its only an illusion and paid people

UFC new thing
the UMC
Who can levitate in person anywhere anytime

the amazing Randi has a cool million for you and so far criss angle is not collecting

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
David Copperfield is a highly skilled illusionist ONLY. He has no Gift of Telekinesis.

So yeah...to him it is indeed just magic, as he has no magick of his own.

Which is why you don't see him levitating between two buildings as Criss Angel has done. Or the various other feats that Angel and Blaine have done on city sidewalks and in public places, without the benefit of high-tech devices, mirrors, smoke, etc.

Originally posted by junglelord
there is no way to prove that to someone who believes it unless criss angle was infront of you.

Quite true...and there are ATS-ers that have stated that very point about Blaine and Angel. They were there, right in front of them, and did see it right before their eyes.

Who can levitate in person anywhere anytime.

No one who has a Gift can do it anytime and anywhere. It doesn't work that way.

They can't turn it on an off like a light switch.

Why?

Because they are not the source of the manifestation in the first place

Which is why traditionally psychic abilities are not referred to as Gifts of the Brain but Gifts of the Spirit.

the amazing Randi has a cool million for you and so far criss angle is not collecting

David Blaine and Criss Angel don't need Randi's money. They are both multi-millionaires BECAUSE of their Gifts.

I wouldn't need Randi's money either if I were them.

Blaine even bought the mansion of his childhood idol, the legendary Harry Houdini.

Which probably cost more than the so-called "cool million" that Randi promises.

[edit on 2-6-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
the only thing you have proven is your gullability.
I worked with a professional magician for years.
I have levitated for many and no one gets it.

Trust me if you have a power you can do it all the time

the true mystic to me is the Amazing Kreskin

PS cooperfield made the satatue of liberty disappear and walked over the grand canyon and made a couch leviatate in the middle of the desert.
he is as real as criss angle and david blane never said he has magic powers, its an act and your buying it so its a great act.
Kudos to them
the true magic is believed.

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   

the only thing you have proven is your gullability.
I worked with a professional magician for years.
I have levitated for many and no one gets it.

See my earlier post about making a video demo. One that we can all witness to prove to us that you can duplicate Criss Angel's levitation between two buildings.

Then we shall see who is the more gullible.

Trust me if you have a power you can do it all the time.

Oh I beg to differ. You need to do more research. Even Uri Geller, who has been doing it much longer than Blaine and Angel, could not and cannot do it all the time. The reason is simple: the power does not come from within them but from without - from many discarnate personalities.

the true mystic to me is the Amazing Kreskin

As stated previously in this thread, I eyewitnessed a feat of telekinesis by Kreskin. Unlike Copperfield, he does or at least did have a Gift. To say that he is a "true mystic" is neither here nor there, depending upon one's definition of "mystic."

PS cooperfield made the satatue of liberty disappear.

That is a well-known illusion. Google it. It was accomplished through misdirection and a rotating stage.

And it's Copperfield, not cooperfield.

I guess it would be nice if he had a Gift, but I have not come across any evidence of one.

he is as real as criss angle and david blane never said he has magic powers, its an act and your buying it so its a great act.

Blaine did make a reference to the energy that helps him get through it. But he isn't stupid. He knows full well that if he openly declared that he had a Gift that it would only make things more difficult for him. Many would want to have him tested under strict laboratory conditions - like what they did with Uri Geller many years ago - to prove his claim. Better to just do his "illusions" and laugh all the way to the bank.

At least Criss Angel has the chutzpah to admit publicly (e.g., on Fox News) that a lot of what he does is REAL - in using the Mind-Body-Spirit connection.

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hi Paul_Richard..

I have read your posts, and would just like a quick and simple answer..
Do you really think Criss Angel has magical powers?
I dont deny his talents in controling pain, and chi energy.. However in on of the posts I made on this thread made it quite clear he is a showman, doing things to entertain the masses. He is no more magic than you or me.. What he is, is this.. A highly trained professional! Nothing more..
When I see clearly smart intelligent grown men saying that is has magical powers almost makes me wonder why? I have done the research, Im not new to this at all, trust me on that.. And I know for sure Criss Angel is in the biz to make money, and amaze those with lesser minds who are swayed by the disinfo they take in on a daily basis..
If you truely belive thats okay with me, Id just like to know what you really think is magical about Criss Angel?

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wow, i've been away from this thread for many months, but the core debate is still active, and still not going anywhere.

They are magicians and illusionists, thats it. When they say that some of what they do is real, it is all part of their act, a part of the persona they use in their capacity as professional magicians.

I have little doubt that there are people capable of great things, but i do not believe these men to be such. They are extremly good at what they do, and the fact that people believe that what they do is real, having seen in person with their own eyes, is simply testament to their ability as magicians and illusionists. Nothing more.

Saying that you can do something, that doesn;t always work, that is due to some odd power, possibly beyond your control, is simply patter. Patter well devised to give audience members doubt. Doubt that what they see is a trick.

If a person has even the slightest part of their mind thinking it could be real, then they have a far easier time of believeing that something is a miracle as they already had a tiny doubt that it was anything but an illusion.

People very rarely report that a pyschic told them somehting incorrect, because they are so blown away by the things they believe that they have been told that were spot on. Thats how people get away with cold reading, people want to believe something, and so when it's presented to them, they are more likely to believe that it is real than normal.

I cannot tell you how these tricks are performed, but to my very core I can tell you that i still believe them to be tricks, astoundingly done, but still tricks...

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Hi zysin5,

It is important to understand that Chi, Ki, Prana, Magick, Reiki, Seichem, various other healing modalities, the "holy spirit," etc., all stem from the same source. That source is not electromagnetic or physically based at all, but from The Light Of The God Force on the Other Side. It all comes from people who are in The Light and who generate their energies down to us and through us

That is the secret behind all the Gifts of the Spirit, be it Prophecy (various mystics throughout history), Physical Healing (John Chang and John of god, among many others), the ability to create food (Sai Baba, Issa, Criss Angel, David Blaine, and various others throughout history), the ability to teleport small objects (Sai Baba, Issa, Criss Angel and David Blaine, - probably John Chang also, among many others), Evolutionary Discernment (various progressive mystics), Emotional Healing (many people), Charisma (Issa, Sai Baba, many politicians, entertainers, and others throughout history), the teleportation of the body (Uri Geller, Criss Angel, likely Issa and Sai Baba as well), the ability to manipulate metals on a small scale - like kitchen utensils (Kreskin, Sai Baba, Issa, David Blaine, Criss Angel, Uri Geller, and many others), etc.

I have studied this issue extensively for many years and can tell the difference between someone who has a Gift of Telekinesis and someone who is just a skilled magician - like using gadgetry to create an illusion. As a general rule, they are all out to make money and also adore the limelight of praise and adulation.

A number of them, like Angel and Blaine, also like to freak people out.

Originally posted by zysin5
I dont deny his talents in controlling pain, and chi energy.

Before you ask the logical question...

YES...Chi energy comes from "dead people."

The other facet of the auric field around the body is electromagnetic; it does not and cannot produce a Gift of Telekinesis.

Those with lots of Chi have lots of spirits channeling through them and around them.

That is the nature of all psychic and telekinetic Gifts of the Spirit

[edit on 3-6-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
you guys do realize it all tricks, chis himself never admits to have special powers when asked by an audience member, he's an illusionist. Also most of his levitations i can do myself, ...anywhere...anytime. Simple illusions. Go to youtube sometime and the majority of his tricks are demonstrated with "how to" videos. The only real trick is knowing the true name of the illusion to research it.

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join