It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Aww man,That criss Angel freak is again on tv tonight,how does that S.O.B. get so much air time? Are most people so dumb to believe he is a real magical wizard,makes me sick to my stomache how much money he makes fooling the public.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mistr_b2 Are most people so dumb to believe he is a real magical wizard,makes me sick to my stomache how much money he makes fooling the public.

I don't know how he does many of his tricks, but I do know that he deserves all the money he earns. He does things that you, me, and all the scientists on earth can't do or explain. It might not be magic, but it is not a fact that it is not. If it is not magic, shouldn't science be able to explain and duplicate it? They can't. It is too bad about your stomach though. I never got that reaction, even the three times I saw David Copperfield live, and he did the same kind of stuff. Go see it live, spend the C note, its worth it, especially if you get a seat up front. Whats a hundred bucks anyway? You can afford it.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Dunno if it has been posted before, because i'm not going to read the entire topic.

It is sad to see that he warrants a discussion in the paranormal section, something which he is not.

He is pure and simply a street magician. I dabble in it myself. David Blaine was the first big street magician to hit prime-time TV, and others have followed in his footsteps.

David Blaine's levitation trick was the Balducci, which is my personal favourite as well. Look it up.

Criss Angel's is a little trickier, but it can still be done by anyone.
Only read the following link if you want to know how he did them, as it spoils it A LOT.

How To: Criss Angel Levitations

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hi there, first of all this is my first post and think this site rocks.._javascript:icon('
')
_javascript:icon('
')

ok...now first of all I or anyone I know HAVE NOT seen Criss Angel perform any of his illusions in real person so this is all personal theory...._javascript:icon('
')

Ive done abit of research on Criss Angel. Reading articles and other peoples theories...and YES,, some if most of his tricks/illusions tricks are performed and can be performed by any human being given an eternity to master, with props and so forth....BUT my theory is that he has tampered with the spiritual realm, if you look hard enough I'm sure you will find it, although i advise not to, I am talking about (Demonolgy).

Such tricks that fuel my curiosity are 'the coin trick', 'walking on water', walking up highrise buildings (maby there is a spiderman haha) and performing levitations (the more concerning one is of course the building to building). If you cannot believe in such spiritual existence i totally 100% understand... but i will surely die with such a belief.

To the poster above my question in debate is that yes his method of levitating is very valid. It does say though certain angles and distances are required if to be performed infront of an audience, not true? I looked up Wikipedia and it states it there also... What really TRIPPED ME OUT is that at the end it says qouted:
"Criss Angel has done other levitation acts using a different method. One act was levitating from one rooftop to another rooftop. Well mR Wikipedia, wheres my link to this 'different method'. im even surprised they mentioned it. Its shown and archived that Criss does actually do levitations in the real public without the use of chairs, or baggy pant (haha). Its a way for the large group of people that need an explanation for something, but C..O..M..E oN, When Wiki says 'using another method' somethings-up..

I agree with the previous posts and struggle to know why science hasn't stepped in, or the FBI taken him away(hanging off a helicptor by hooks, haha) but for the obvious reasons. But its the way it is.

On a mortal perspective he is a mind blowing magician, even with faking but without a doubt the term he uses> 'spiritual methods' are surely the conjuring of demons, ...***Note, interesting how in the walk through glass video his voice lowers, changes pitch when he says 'NOW WATCH THIS' just as he is about to commence, my demon belief doesnt rely on this but interesting non the less, noticed on his other trick vids also...

Thanks for your time.,
Criss Angel sure is a controversial individual.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'm sure similar things were said about the late great Houdini but he was no Demon,just a man that died like we all eventually do.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I share the same opinion, you(I) are but a grain in the paddock in respect to the minds that cannot comprehend whats beyond the flesh...I consider this knowledge only less priceless than life itself.....
Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Dunno if it has been posted before, because i'm not going to read the entire topic.

It is sad to see that he warrants a discussion in the paranormal section, something which he is not.

He is pure and simply a street magician. I dabble in it myself. David Blaine was the first big street magician to hit prime-time TV, and others have followed in his footsteps.

David Blaine's levitation trick was the Balducci, which is my personal favourite as well. Look it up.

Criss Angel's is a little trickier, but it can still be done by anyone.
Only read the following link if you want to know how he did them, as it spoils it A LOT.

How To: Criss Angel Levitations

I don't believe it is as cut and dry as you imply. Why doesn't any of the rest of the people who supposedly know how to do these things bother to do them and thereby earn a very sizable income like the top performers earn? They don't because they can't do it. Simply put, they are talking through their hats, and making claims they cannot back up. If there were undeniable and repeatable methods known about how to say, fly around a la Copperfield, they would be promoted and easily found by any searcher. The funniest thing I see is when Angel, etc., actually show the viewers the way to fool people and perform certain tricks of theirs. It is great to see them share the information. But, as for the big ones, the show stopper acts, like walking on water, disappearing and reappearing elsewhere, flying, cut in half, etc., they will gladly do them right in front of the audience, and even allow fans to inspect the particular items used in the 'illusion', close up. Yet no one can explain how its done, despite the many claims that it is all able to be debunked. Some tricks have very clear and simple explanations, but clearly, and definitely, some do not.
Or else they would not be making such large amounts of money doing it.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Ok I have watched a LOT of his tricks and they are the best of any magician I've ever seen. They are too good really, thats what bothers me. The only possible explanation is his audience is in on it. I need to see this guy in person cause this is bugging me. Im going to Vegas next summer, If by some chance I get to see him I'll post about it. BTW if you guys want to read more posts about criss having satanic powers check out metacafe, there are tons of people over there into this demonology theory. Personally I don't believe in satan or demons or any sort of witchcraft or evil powers. If it were that easy witches and devil worshippers would have taken over the world by now.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by alienjesus]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The audience is not always in on it, I know that at least. Three times I went to see Copperfield, he did just as impossible things, in person, and I paid him to see him do them, every time. He never paid me, and I can't see any rational means to explain his 'illusions'. Whatever they are, they are beyond scientists knowledge to understand, and they appear very real up close. I once sat in row 7, and saw him cut in two right in front of me.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Text Black

I've been studying magic for about four years now and I have figured out how Criss does many of his tricks. I'm not saying that my ideas are 100% correct but I can give you explanations for most tricks so reply with one of the tricks he does and if possible a video on youtube of it and i'll try to tell you how it's done.

P.S I have no clue how he does the walking on water trick

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I saw Copperfield do that from about 20 feet away, and was totally fooled. In Criss Angel's version, audience members walk between the halves, and physically inspect the aparatus used. It is a good one. I feel two ways it is done are most probable. First, the use of very advanced holographic projectors masks the switch, and projects the image of the two halves in such definition that even a few feet away, it is perfectly convincing to witnesses. That method could explain many of the illusions.
Second, some as yet unknown force, power, energy, technology, etc., actually allows a body to be divided in two and not spill out the insides.
What happened in reality is beyond me, I just know it happened, right in front of me.
How do you think it was done?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The cut in half trick is very very good but there are a few mistakes that are made when they recorded it. youtube.com...
thats were you can see it. First at 18 seconds if you freeze it you can see him lifting the "restraint" about 5 inches off of the table and in that 5 inch gap you can see the top of his camouflage pants. For his torso to be that long he would be completely disproportionate. So he could just be really flexible and have his legs bent back under the table because if you look no one actually looks under the table just at him. And the saw really cant cut threw anything. If you tried I bet you could bend that saw blade pretty easily. The table is already broken in half the table is held together by magnets and when the metal saw blade comes down it pushes the magnets away from each other making the table fly apart. in the video i put up you can see sparks so how can the blade be fake? Simple if you have seen it on tv were the resolution is much better you can see that it is just simple firework type things. My guess is that the legs at the other end of the table are just robotic. The skin is just a very good fake and it moves only one way the whole time. All his legs do is the knee keeps bending over and over and thats it. So the legs are fake. Thats my theory on the cut in half trick and I hope that you stop believing that it's holograms and spirits if so the government would not allow such technology into the hands of a magician.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
amazes me the people that probably debunk UFO video would take this stuff as real.
LOL
As a magicians assistance for many years....you have no idea how many ways there are to fool someone
LOL
presdigitation is my favorite street magic.
just me and a coin or cards

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I found a video a while back now on youtube that examines his building to building levitation trick showing faults and multiple shots that dont fit together..

I never really saw his show but when i stumbled across his youtube vids i was really intrigued by/how this guy was doing this stuff..

Was obsessed for a while and was fun to think about but have come to realise that indeed a payed ordinance in addition with an apple mac creates his as one person said 'Mind Hacks', yes not black magic, but clever publcity..

I still believe black magic exists though..just not for Criss

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Is this thread seriously still going? *sigh*

Oh... and to whoever tryed to argue my post earlier about how Criss does his levitation, search it on Youtube, there are plenty of people that copy his levitation up escalators, or up onto a chair etc.

He didn't create it, he is just using it. There are so many methods to create the illusion of levitation, and Blaine and Angel just use 2 different methods that can be paid for from companies.

Levitation.org This website sells most of the more popular products and methods...

Simply said, he is a magician, nothing more. Stop trying to create something paranormal out of something that isn't.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
First off, I love mindfreak, it is very entertaining

but I mnust say from what I have read so far

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU SKEPTICS! You have no idea whether it is real or not, no more than any of us. I love how you can say, 'oh its fake' with confidence. But when someone questions that they are crazy?
ha, how the hell do you know?

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mstrgmmstr
Text Black

I've been studying magic for about four years now and I have figured out how Criss does many of his tricks. I'm not saying that my ideas are 100% correct but I can give you explanations for most tricks so reply with one of the tricks he does and if possible a video on youtube of it and i'll try to tell you how it's done.

P.S I have no clue how he does the walking on water trick

For the first time yesterday I saw Criss walk on water while in a pool I saw the reactions of the people and even a few crossed his path while he was walking. Though he lost both of his sandles but he kept walking across. I couldn't believe it but it was there and I have no idea how to explain it.

As a human we use perhaps 10% of our brain right? If people learn to tap into the rest then that tells me anything is possible. I saw somewhere that Criss uses the power of the mind body and spirit. So why do some of you think this is just a trick? Its there you just have to learn how to open your minds and sometimes believe in the impossible.

There's no way your crazy! Yeah yeah I know I must be.

Stop selling yourself short. Someone gave me a good talking to yesterday over MSN for at least 2 to 3 hours. He said to me to you think we're just worthless slabs of flesh here? We were all created by God. And inside, you know this to be true. I know some of you are skeptics but being closed minded will not get you anywhere. This world is filled with amazing feats. You just have to discover them.

Do you think a normal man can lift a car off his son or daughter or dear friend when they became pinned under it? Under stress a human can perform amazing feats. So why can't you believe that Criss can't walk on water or levatate? And you know I'm right on this. For anyone who wishes to stay closed minded good luck to you.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

For the first time yesterday I saw Criss walk on water while in a pool I saw the reactions of the people and even a few crossed his path while he was walking.

were you ACTUALLY there , or just watching a slickly editted vid ?

I couldn't believe it but it was there and I have no idea how to explain it.

argumentum ad ignorantiam ?

your personal inability to decuce the methodolgy of the trick is irrelevant

every one of the vids i have seen of criss angel`s " tricks " contains edits , cut shots , suspected accomplices , stage management anf other subtefuges which lead me to believe that none of them could be performed live infront of me

As a human we use perhaps 10% of our brain right?

that is incorrect

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
Stop selling yourself short. Someone gave me a good talking to yesterday over MSN for at least 2 to 3 hours. He said to me to you think we're just worthless slabs of flesh here? We were all created by God. And inside, you know this to be true. I know some of you are skeptics but being closed minded will not get you anywhere. This world is filled with amazing feats. You just have to discover them.

Do you think a normal man can lift a car off his son or daughter or dear friend when they became pinned under it? Under stress a human can perform amazing feats. So why can't you believe that Criss can't walk on water or levatate? And you know I'm right on this. For anyone who wishes to stay closed minded good luck to you.

Don't you believe in miracles?

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mstrgmmstr So he could just be really flexible and have his legs bent back under the table because if you look no one actually looks under the table just at him. And the saw really cant cut threw anything. Thats my theory on the cut in half trick and I hope that you stop believing that it's holograms and spirits if so the government would not allow such technology into the hands of a magician.

Well, good theory, but it doesn't do it for me. It is different when you are right there. I looked under the table.... over and over, of course, who wouldn't?
Don't keep your hopes up, go to a show and see it up close in person. If you see Copperfield flying around in person, you will be more impressed.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join