It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglelord
If its not smoke and mirrors then why does he call himself a magician?

He admitted on the Fox News interview with John Gibson that a lot of what he does is REAL. In other places he said that it entails the Mind-Body-Spirit connection.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Of course not all the tricks Criss does requires everyone in the audience to be in on it. So yes, there are certainly people who have seen it with their own eyes and it looks as real as it does on TV. But some do require the subject and audience to be in on it. And I'm sure those people are compensated well and sign a non-disclosure agreement. To break that agreement would bring a lawsuit against them so fast, you'd think it was magic.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

so fast you'd think it was magic

LOL oh that is so funny....I think I just # my pants

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
Of course not all the tricks Criss does requires everyone in the audience to be in on it. So yes, there are certainly people who have seen it with their own eyes and it looks as real as it does on TV. But some do require the subject and audience to be in on it. And I'm sure those people are compensated well and sign a non-disclosure agreement. To break that agreement would bring a lawsuit against them so fast, you'd think it was magic.

Sure.

We all agree that Blaine and Angel perform illusions. That is not the issue.

The issue is that they also have a Gift of Telekinesis that cannot be faked and eyewitness testimonials only serve to confirm it.

As far as lawsuits are concerned, there is a certain degree of anonymity in this and other forums. Furthermore, there is no reason why someone couldn't mention to an ATS-er what was going on without putting themselves in legal jeopardy by stating it directly and/or publicly.

It isn't like working for the government at the Dulce Facility or S4 and then breaking a highly classified contractual agreement that could result in getting a bullet in one's head or going to a federal prison.

People are not as afraid of exposing people like Blaine and Angel as they are for addressing classified information about space aliens and their technology.

It would even be in the tabloids if Blaine and Angel manipulated many people in public to perform a deception. For example, The National Enquirer pays their informers handsomely for sensitive and hard to find information. Years ago there was a story about Sylvester Stallone that was quite revealing. People demanded to know where that info came from. It came from his mother who was paid for her services.

So I still don't put it past many to openly divulge the fraud of Blaine and Angel if it were indeed the case and to laugh all the way to the bank

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

so fast you'd think it was magic

LOL oh that is so funny....I think I just # my pants

Get a diaper.

Actually the word is magick.

Magic = stage illusion and/or sleight of hand and/or gadgetry

Magick = a Gift of Telekinesis

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Dear Mr Richard I firmly believe that you should be the press agent for Mr Angel.

Its your calling in life my good man.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Dear Mr Richard I firmly believe that you should be the press agent for Mr Angel.

My calling in life is to explain spiritual principle.

But I am not a fan of C.A. the way you think I am. I have nothing to gain financially from telling the truth about him.

I am - with others here - just spreading the insight or higher awareness that, in addition to performing illusions, C.A. also has a Gift of Telekinesis.

Everyone...

That was some stunt, shown on A&E tonight, that Criss Angel did in hovering above the Las Vegas' Luxor Hotel

Somehow though, the levitation that he performed in the hotel lobby earlier in that episode seemed to be better. You got to see him more up close and without the glare of the lights.

For those of you who saw that Mindfreak episode tonight, what are your thoughts?

[edit on 5-6-2007 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The stunt in the lobby on A&E looked kinda fake to me. You could tell he was hanging from strings. He had a little swing going as he came down.

He also failed to untie himself from the ropes the dog tied on him

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
The stunt in the lobby on A&E looked kinda fake to me. You could tell he was hanging from strings. He had a little swing going as he came down.

He also failed to untie himself from the ropes the dog tied on him

The rope thing in the pool was neither here nor there. I was disinterested.

As far as the levitation in the large hotel lobby, I didn't notice anything which made him look like he was hanging from "strings." And a slight swing doesn't necessarily indicate wires.

He looked very much like he did when he levitated between two buildings in broad daylight, except in a downward motion.

Once again, I don't think that the abundance of the eyewitnesses in the lobby - who freaked out - were paid liars or on hallucinogenic drugs at the time.

But hey, that is only my trained estimation.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

From Gossip cloumnist Perez Hilton

Criss Angel needs to take some lessons in star(expletive)! The magician and wannabe boyfriend of Cameron Diaz publicly declared his love for the actress at a stupid stunt in NYC this week where he was trapped in a box with cement being poured in and escaped a day later.

On Monday, before entering the box, he told the gathered crowd, "This is dedicated to my new girl. You know who you are. I'll be thinking of you."

As if that wasn't clear enough, when he made his escape on Tuesday - big surprise - he told the audience watching from the streets, "I'd like to dedicate this escape to my girl 'Trouble,' a.k.a. Cameron. I love you baby. Have a safe trip to Europe for your Shrek tour."

Angel should have gone the Kelly Slater route and kept his mouth shut about his relationship with "Trouble." Shiz, Criss is so desperate for publicity, he probably is feeding Us Weekly information on Cameron himself.

Drop him Diaz!

This guy is all mirror and smokes, and apparently quite the douche.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
here is what i have noticed in terms of criss angel's levitations / other stuff:

- he seems to always breathe heavily right before the particular stunt (especially before levitating)...

- he seems to move his arms in a particular cycle while levitating (check the footage of tonight's levitation over the luxor hotel for an example)...

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

that's all very simple and rude

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Yea well im not saying it was fake, maybe he did float.

But just looking my first opinion was it looked fake. I dont no how or why but that was just my opionion.

It looked like he was hanging from some kind of string. And actually I believe he would have had to. What other way could you explain it. It wasnt magic. There wasnt a strong breeze. He had no wings. No machines. Had to be strings. Just trying to logical here. WWSS(what would spock say)

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by kleverone

that's all very simple and rude

Sorry
It was quite childish. The term just seemed right though
That proclamation of love to Miss Diaz made me puke in my mouth a little when I read it.
I mean, the've been together what a week? This guy is begging for publicity. And now that that relationship is over
on to the next... Look out Drew Barrymore

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
at the risk of being acused of demanding that they ` jump through hoops ` at my demand

i personally would demand that to facilitate any meaninfuull investigation into ` paranormal claims ` - the trick in question must be preformed @ a location the preformer or his agents have had no opportunity to prepare .

also the problem , from a skeptics POV is that claims from ` preformers ` to the tune of :

" well some of it is trickery ........ but some is paranormal "

and annoyinly the do not elaborate as to which is which

thus my position os :

preform your trick @ a time and venue of MY choice , not yours by yourself - no groupies / assisatants / crew

only then would i be happy to investigate - safe in the knowledge that the scope for sudefuge has been largley eliminated

because ALL the vids i have seen of angel contain edits and anomolies which scream props / accomplices and other

i am talking here about the major stunts :

climbing through walls , levitation , flying , etc etc

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Well I assume you all saw his show the other night and there are a few things I do not see how he could pull off. The first was the guitar string stuck in his neck and he pulls it out straight forward with that chics ring attached. Even if they were all in on it you could see it in his neck. HOW?!?

Second the floating in the Luxor atrium. Assuming that was a continuous shot, how does he get to the bottom floor around those people with his wires still attached? HOW?!?

Or how he (or even a dummy) could float above the luxor. There is no way he could have wires holding him there unless there was a helicopter and if there was there is no way it would hold him that still. So uh, HOW?!?

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

My calling in life is to explain spiritual principle.

But I am not a fan of C.A. the way you think I am. I have nothing to gain financially from telling the truth about him.

I am - with others here - just spreading the insight or higher awareness that, in addition to performing illusions, C.A. also has a Gift of Telekinesis.

Everyone...

That was some stunt, shown on A&E tonight, that Criss Angel did in hovering above the Las Vegas' Luxor Hotel

Somehow though, the levitation that he performed in the hotel lobby earlier in that episode seemed to be better. You got to see him more up close and without the glare of the lights.

For those of you who saw that Mindfreak episode tonight, what are your thoughts?

well then you have missed your calling in life because levitation is impossible so now your back to just being silly.
Oh well enjoy the show.

wild your not a criss fan but your supporting fake illusions as real physics

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

well then you have missed your calling in life because levitation is impossible

Maybe it is impossible but it was certainly a well documented phenomenon in the catholic church and Hindu mystics.

Saint Joseph of Cupertino (or Giuseppe da Copertino , born Giuseppe Maria Desa) (June 17, 1603 – September 18, 1663) was an Italian saint. He was said to have been remarkably unclever, but prone to miraculous levitation and intense ecstasies that left him gaping.

en.wikipedia.org...

Flying Saints

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Oh, Yeah. That Was A Great Work Of Art.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I submit that diamagnatic properties allowed Yeshua to walk on water
I have a rational explaination in scientific terms based on physics if how Yeshua walked on water....
so I told you how Yeshua leviatated so tell me how does criss do it>
what is the mode de operendus?

Oh and why not does the next great physicist stand up and declare it true

mmmmmmmmmmmm
I wonder

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join