It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Tonight they did the elephant appearing in the parking lot. Surprise, surprise, the spectators are in on it.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

Thanks for that info, and for the link to the trailer InSpiteOf.
Of course the believers will still say "Criss doesn't use those props, he's the only one who doesn't need them" and you know the rest of it ....

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by nataylor
Tonight they did the elephant appearing in the parking lot. Surprise, surprise, the spectators are in on it.

Really? I'm shocked!
What channel or network is this on? .. nevermind I'll try a search for it.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
What's the big deal about angel...he entertains millions. Let them enjoy thier show...I bet you the majority of them know none of it is real. Maybe he is using camera trickery, maybe the audience is in on it...who cares? I've seen some of his stunts and thought cool...I know its fake but it was cool. Don't be those people that watch a movie and go...thats' fake because it is impossible to do that. So freakin' what...
..it was enjoyable and a way for people to escape.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

I thought the common goal of all on ATS was to deny ignorance - that includes trying to educate people who still believe pouty goth idiots can fly around and make motocross bikes appear out of their butts. Ignorance is ugly, wherever you find it.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Well to the rejects that actually believe he is something other than an entertainer...give em hell. But to those that enjoy his shows and know that he is only an entertainer and nothing special..ie paranormal god, angel, demon whatver...let them enjoy thier show.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Of course! Don't get me wrong - I love watching shows like that to figure out how he did it. Sometimes it's just cringe-inducingly obvious, but I love a good puzzle.

I think I'm for a "Watch responsibly" sticker on everything he does, though

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
What's the big deal about angel...he entertains millions. Let them enjoy thier show...I bet you the majority of them know none of it is real. Maybe he is using camera trickery, maybe the audience is in on it...who cares? I've seen some of his stunts and thought cool...I know its fake but it was cool. Don't be those people that watch a movie and go...thats' fake because it is impossible to do that. So freakin' what...
..it was enjoyable and a way for people to escape.

I guess it is just me but I am bothered by the fact that he sells himself as an Illusionist. Of course these people did not watch Jurrasic Park and believe it was real but when you go to see an illusionist, you do not expect prerecorded special effects. It is just crappy to pretend you are a magician in the tradition of REAL illusionists when all he is doing is putting on eyeliner, painting his nails, and letting a bunch of technicians make him look good...later in POST production. That is just wrong. Think about it, if we accept PP special effects from our illusionists, then why does he get a show. All you need is someone that can do a card trick and talk. Hell I already have him beat. I know alot more than a card trick and I do not even have a lisp.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I enjoy the show, and the majority watching don't really go around checking on how it was done. It's not like these posts are in the news (although FOX did have a go at him). We all have our reasons for joining in on this discussion. My own reasons differ from others on here. I'm debating something else and Criss Angel just happens to play into this for my own reasons, it's what I take away from observing him. I do see your point and it's not misunderstood.

The thing is even if he's exposed, revealed, whatever you want to call it, those who believe he's the paranormal god don't seem to easily let go of the idea he might not be anyways. A point he has made frequently, that he can say he isn't doing real magic and they just carry on saying he's covering it up. Also as FOX pointed out, he goes around debunking others, and shouldn't mind it being done to him and in fact he's said many times he loves the criticism and welcomes it. It's not like he's really hiding it and trying to stop any exposure that ruins what his fans watch. Ask any other magician and they will tell you he's all about exposure. For all we know he may purposely set it up to be "caught". He's fully aware that minutes after his show has aired it will be disected to pieces ....

[edit on 7-10-2008 by violet]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Those of you that are religious or just extremely into Criss Angel might find this article interesting.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

I think it may explain quite alot about christianties biggest lie.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So on Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed last night, they did the Criss Angel-style building levitation. It was done with a crane, and some editing so that the crane could move to different positions, allowing for what looked like a completely open and empty space with no visible means of support.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

REALLY ?????

just my humble opinion - but for a buiding 2 building " leviation " like mr angels - a crane SEEMS excessive

a zip wire can be errected with just A frames and sutible anchors - and " droop " compensated for .

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

In this particular demonstration, the magician started on a building, flew out over a parking lot, moved back and forth and left and right, and then landed on the ground. Not identical to Angel's specific performance, but incorporating elements from many of his levitations. The movement necessitated the use of a crane (and moving the crane between takes).

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Does anyone know how Criss Angel does "The Move". I know it is fake, but I would like to figure out what camera trick he is using there.

I think we all know that Criss Angel was NOT in the imploding building when it imploded. He is soooooo fake!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

a link to a vid clip would help generate responses - i would offer an opinion if i knew what " the move " was , and could study a clip

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Does anyone know how Criss Angel does "The Move". I know it is fake, but I would like to figure out what camera trick he is using there.

I think we all know that Criss Angel was NOT in the imploding building when it imploded. He is soooooo fake!

No idea what the move is.
Cards, levitating, vanishing, making a move on girls?

BTW his Believe Cirque show isn't fairing well in the reviews. People complaining they can see the strings that levitate him (he explained that as part of the art)

Eyewitness where are you?
We have proof now witnesses have witnessed the props!
He really can't levitate. Big surprise there.

In one show he was cut in half before the blade came down.

Trap doors going under the stage also revealed.

-----------

The problem here is fans went and expected to be mindfreaked, none were. He set himself up as the great illusionist and didn't deliver. To the fans who think he's doing real magic, they soon found out he wasn't. Evidentally he can't perform these stunts without the aid of camera trickery. People who sat at the front wished they'd sat at the back and been a bit more mystified.
Still he raves it's the most successful show in Vegas.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

assuming that he is trying to be clever without bribing them, he could have handed the ring off to an assistant to freeze it with liquid nitrogen and slip it into her drink while the camera is pointed elsewhere and the women aren't looking.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

BTW his Believe Cirque show isn't fairing well in the reviews. People complaining they can see the strings that levitate him (he explained that as part of the art)

Eyewitness where are you?
We have proof now witnesses have witnessed the props!
He really can't levitate. Big surprise there.

In one show he was cut in half before the blade came down.

Trap doors going under the stage also revealed.

--

That's too bad. I actually enjoy CA, just get ticked off with the "believers". I would have hoped he would have had a near perfect show in Vegas, given his hype and popularity. I was looking forward to seeing it, now I think I'll just go see a Cirque show instead.

Pity, I was hoping for much more from his live show.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
That's too bad. I actually enjoy CA, just get ticked off with the "believers". I would have hoped he would have had a near perfect show in Vegas, given his hype and popularity. I was looking forward to seeing it, now I think I'll just go see a Cirque show instead.

Pity, I was hoping for much more from his live show.

I had high hopes as well. Mind you it could be he's p##'d off some of the Vegas reviewers when he allegedly threatened violence against one journalist last year, they appear to band together. Having said that though attempting to find any good reviews are far and few between. They all said the same thing, bored, leaving half way through and his ego being a turn off. Some are going to see it just beause they want to see how bad it is.

One reviewer interestingly noted Angel had even fooled the Luxor Execs with his 100 million $$ contract, that he was "the greatest illusionist of all time" referring to a quote from his autobiography "my father always told me to make yourself appear bigger than you actually are". Not exact words, but close. I'll still watch his upcoming season, I find him entertaining and admittedly smitten by his looks. I really don't care what he does as long as he looks good while doing it - just my honest (immature) opinion

I saw him on Larry King recently and he said he was going to drive his bike up the side of the Luxor then vanish in season 5.

new topics

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join