It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 134
<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
so we all agree that he is and illusionast and a mediocare one at that. so wtf is the arguemnet about?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
so we all agree that he is and illusionast and a mediocare one at that. so wtf is the arguemnet about?

Actually I just stated that I believe he is quite clearly NOT and illusionist. He is an actor. An illusionist can pull of illusions. Any actor can rely on a special effects team and a paid audience.

So we do NOT all agree that he is and illusionist so wtf are you posting for without reading the thread?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The problem I have with the paid actors theory is that I haven't seen a blog or anything (even though I haven't search for too long) from someone saying that he/she was a paid actor and etc. Sure, this is probably the most reasonable explanation, but I would love to see someone spill the beans

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
The problem I have with the paid actors theory is that I haven't seen a blog or anything (even though I haven't search for too long) from someone saying that he/she was a paid actor and etc. Sure, this is probably the most reasonable explanation, but I would love to see someone spill the beans

These people sign pretty airtight contracts that pretty much say if you screw us, you will be in court for the rest of your life and it will cost you every cent you will ever make. The incentive to shut up is pretty good.

-whether or not he uses paid actors is my oppinion. These kinds of contracts however are pretty standard in reality shows and anything else that has "beans" that may be spilt.

[edit on 10/2/08 by MorningStar8741]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741

Originally posted by they see ALL
The problem I have with the paid actors theory is that I haven't seen a blog or anything...

These people sign pretty airtight contracts that pretty much say if you screw us, you will be in court for the rest of your life and it will cost you every cent you will ever make. The incentive to shut up is pretty good.

and here's an example of what can happen to you...

An extra in the film, Tyler Nelson, violated his nondisclosure agreement in an interview with The Edmond Sun on September 17, 2007, which was then picked up by the mainstream media. It is unknown if he remained in the final cut. At Nelson's request, The Edmond Sun subsequently pulled the story from its website. On October 2, 2007, a Superior Court order was filed finding that Nelson knowingly violated the agreement. The terms of the settlement were not disclosed. A number of production photos and sensitive documents pertaining to the film's production budget were also stolen from Steven Spielberg’s production office. The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department set up a sting operation after being alerted by a webmaster that the thief might try to sell the photos. On October 4, 2007, the seller, 37-year old Roderick Eric Davis, was arrested. He pled guilty to two felony counts and will serve two years and four months in jail.

In case you missed it, this story (about the breaking of disclosure) was run by the BBC and on Slate, but here's the link that this first titbit came from

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The easiest explanation is usually the best:

Criss Angel is a wizard. His magic is real and we should all be very careful not to anger him. If he can freeze wedding rings, levitate, escape the inescapable, then what isn't he showing us? Fireballs? Magic missiles? Personally, I don't want to find out.

Perhaps we need to stop him before he gets out of hand. What if Vegas isn't enough? I can only think of one person that could possibly be strong enough to duel such a mage, David Blaine. Surely you jest, you say. Nay, I say... to what you say.

If the wizard Blaine fights and wins, then we're faced with an even greater problem. Who will stop him?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MorningStar8741

Originally posted by N. Tesla

Actually I just stated that I believe he is quite clearly NOT and illusionist. He is an actor. An illusionist can pull of illusions. Any actor can rely on a special effects team and a paid audience.

So we do NOT all agree that he is and illusionist so wtf are you posting for without reading the thread?

well the thread is 100+ pages and i only read the last 2 or so. i guess i missed your replies. i will agree to the fact that he is an actor.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I personally would like to say,
There is no need to wonder how any of the tricks/illusions/stunts etc. were performed, as the answer to how they are performed, is the very media platform you are watching them performed on,
Television, Editing and added effects can make anything seem possible & credible

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

the obvious counter point is if they are NOT paid witnesses / under NDAs - where are the blogs of the free and indipendant witnesses ??

where is thier video / photographs of these " spontaneous " events ?????

it works both ways

and the TOTAL ABSENCE of any independant reportatge of mr angels activities indicates that all present were party to NDAs

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
the obvious counter point is if they are NOT paid witnesses / under NDAs - where are the blogs of the free and indipendant witnesses ??

where is thier video / photographs of these " spontaneous " events ?????

I've tried to find these fans who went to demo's talking on message boards and blogs, and they keep quiet, and anything that does slip out, is quickly removed. They might say 'I went to a demo, I saw him, he was sweet and hugged me ..." and that's all you get.

The only time a few of them got yappy, was when he did that car wreck vanishing act where they thought he died, not expecting him to vanish at the end, and they were angry he didn't appear to say he was ok, or apologise. They claimed it really did seem he died, they saw him in the car, saw it go over the cliff with "someone" in the car, then it exploded. But, when seeing this on TV last week, there was a little hill of gravel (they'd built up) obscuring the view of him seated in the car, right before he went over, so one has to question was this obscured view also their vantage point at the scene? He could have leapt out and hid behind this gravel. If that's the case or anything similar to it, then I suppose he should be credited with doing a very good illusion ... unless these "outraged fans" are planted as a back-up for when it airs to refer back to as being a well executed illusion.

EDIT:

There was one demo I heard about though about him smoking the cigarette through glass illusion. Not much was said except "he did the cig thru glass, and it was very cool couldn't tell how he did it, a whole bunch of us saw it". But, when seeing this on TV, these hoards of attending fans were watching him from a distance and barracaded off, so there were only a few people seated at a table with him, seeing it done close-up.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by violet]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   

There to many replies on this thread to look at them all but this one is by far the most amazing one that I have seen. The lady was walking around normally just seconds before this happened. Please explain

attempt to fix vid

[edit on 4/10/08 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mullet35

vid does not work - but i will guess you mean :

this ?

and it has been addressed multiple times in this thread , the ` top half ` is ms Rose Siggins - a woman with no legs

can people please look at the previous replies before asking the same old question

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

I think that sums it up right there. You have actively looked for words from amazed onlookers and can find two instances only. One a parlor trick and I will give him credit for that. The other is that his fans are suddenly, finally vocal, but only because the trick was soooo amazing that they really thought that he died? I think that says it all.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Point taken 136 pages of replies is just to many as I said it was just one that I found intersting

[edit on 10/4/2008 by mullet35]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

They really seem to clam up about anything they've witnessed. Going on one example of a fan who seems to attend alot of demo's, she will say she went and was part of the live audience, but when the show airs, the bragging (about seeing him) isn't there anymore, because they were shoved into the background and don't see themselves on TV. Instead these fans assembled closely around him, seem to have been chosen for their looks. I'd imagine this bothers them when they see he selected the prettier girls to gather around him and the parts they were "in on" weren't aired. I could suggest something else that rhymes with "paid witnesses", but that would be out of line ... and purely speculative.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

We know that tv shows cannot stand to have plain ugly people on camera but I think the simple fact that you know of someone who routinely tries to be there and is always shoved in the back is interesting. You would think at some point she would have gotten the opportunity to at least be a little closer to the 'amazing live trick.' It just makes it that much easier for them to use hired 'audiences' and get away with it doesnt it? I do have to admit that I cannot think of what your rhyme would be and that is just going to keep me up for days now.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Alot of his fans make regular trips to Vegas just to see him and be part of these demonstrations. So I do see now how we keep seeing the same spectators on different episodes, but some of them are participants and it's these that seem to planted and not just coincidentally there again. When you consider these fans are obsessed enough to want to follow him around, and many of them saying they have to save up to afford to even go, I don't think he's paying them (excluding of course the crew members). This implies to me they've evolved a strong allegiance to him - or loyalty as he calls it, and he's figured out this loyalty is free. Call them "loyals' and they shall act as such.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Why is this in the paranormal forums. He's entertaining but it's all a production.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by librasleep
Why is this in the paranormal forums. He's entertaining but it's all a production.

its the illusion of paranormal activity,
thus warranting it to be in the paranormal forums

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by librasleep

Why do people worry about this stuff. Did we leave it laying in your way to another thread?

new topics

top topics

<< 131  132  133    135  136  137 >>

join