It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

criss angel discussion...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
i have just seen criss angel's (a magician) tv show: "mindfreak"...

i tried to be a skeptic during the show but it was very difficult...

he was amazing

so, is there any logical explanations for his stunts (for those who have seen the show or heard about him)???

lets analyze this "magic" in this thread...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I just watched Mindfreak on A&E and I think the most amazing one, was where he put that womens ring into ice in her glass. The time taken to freeze the ice cube would have taken longer than the stunt! How did he do that?

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charlie Murphy
I just watched Mindfreak on A&E and I think the most amazing one, was where he put that womens ring into ice in her glass. The time taken to freeze the ice cube would have taken longer than the stunt! How did he do that?

who knows how he did it

my "explanation" for it would be:

that there was two rings (the same kind) and he made the first one disappear and the second one was in the ice the entire time...

and the two women had to be paid to go along with this for it to work out...

this is unlikely, but it is an "explanation"...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Man you should have see the earlier one a few years ago...He came out of nowhere and start walking up the wall...I went banana after I saw it...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen
Man you should have see the earlier one a few years ago...He came out of nowhere and start walking up the wall...I went banana after I saw it...

amazing

i really want to know how to levitate like he did...

and i really want to be able to explain how he does all of this "magic"

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here are some screen shots of the walking...

www.believeinangel.com...

See the rest in here:

I got that from this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Official website of criss angel:
www.crissangel.com...

[edit on 21-7-2005 by mwen]

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wires of course...

Look at his posture in the pictures and visualise the wires at waist level.

Only then does his posture makes sense.

// k

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kickass
Wires of course...

that may be so...

but noone can't seem to explain what they saw ealier today at 10 pm on A&E channel, when he levitate and levitated strangers in plain site...outside in daylight...with blue sky and sunny...

posted on Jul, 20 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
that puddle one doesn't make any sense, it was in the middle of the street! what the heck is going on??

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
For those who missed Criss Angel's Mindfreak premier yesterday, july 20, 2005, check this schedule...

spark.vo.llnwd.net...

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I was soooooooooooooo disappointed with mindfreak....i waited a month just to be let down....and the thing that really got me was that it was set in Vegas again................ I am so sick of the Vegas twist.....anyway........all but one stunt was easily figured out.

posted on Jul, 21 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There is nothing amazing about the concept. There is a real problem when TV is the seperation between you and the person in question and as long as we are unable to tangibly inspect the person, there will always be questions about what was done..

As far as what I have seen, all of the tricks could be recreated with low budget special effects.. I've seen it done numerous times with street magicians and stage magicians alike.. Once, I get a video of the first episode, I will recap it play-by-play

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jago
Once, I get a video of the first episode, I will recap it play-by-play

looking forward to it.

posted on Jul, 22 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
SLAP ME...if I'm wrong, but are some of those levatation thing real....cuz I was serious intrigue when he talked about mind over matter, and made that one girl balance her whole body on one foot, I mean I serious find that plausable....

posted on Jul, 23 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I have seen a real levitation before. it was in the middle of a field on flat ground. the area was checked for devices that could be hidden or camoflaged to produce such an effect. So unless there was a completely silent helicopter or a huge crane able to stretch out about 100 ft and not be visable in a rural area, then that was a real levitation. The man who did it also spoke of mind over matter but in a different way. This man was also shunned by the community because his beliefs weren't not christian.

-Aza

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Just saw his show on A&E.

The only explanation I can think of is Hollywood effects with a "street audience" that is also in on it.

Other than that, there is simply no explanation.

The way he presents his tricks does not leave any room for logic.

There is no chance of an "oh haha there was a false panel in the hat" in this guy's tricks.

Amazing work regardless of what is actually going on.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
The only explanation I can think of is Hollywood effects with a "street audience" that is also in on it.

Other than that, there is simply no explanation.

I think that is the most like explanation...also, if one notice the Warning! before the show, it clearly states that noone should perform...these illusions and other related performance done...

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
There's a sucker born every minute and I think that the people that believe that this guy is for real are the suckers of their particular minute. These are called ILLUSIONS!

Didn't anyone notice that like half of his stunts are filmed on the same studio set? The walking up the wall, coin through the arm etc...??? The "Audience" are paid actors and are part of the show.

Anyone ever hear of David Blaine? Same thing... ILLUSIONS! They also featured a show on how many of Blaine's tricks are done. This guy, Angel, is no different. They use props, gags, green screens, digital effects, editing etc... to make it appear as though this stuff is real - IT's NOT

Yeah, yeah... the stuff looks cool. It's supposed to. It wouldn't be very entertaining if it didn't look real.

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It sure did "look" real. But, lets not fool ourselves people, there is NO SUCH THING AS MAGIC!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fu1982
It sure did "look" real. But, lets not fool ourselves people, there is NO SUCH THING AS MAGIC!!!

there may be no sucj thing as magic, but there are such things as illusions...

there maybe no proof that this was an illusion or if it was "magic"...

but, we should talk about it and make our own conclusions...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join