It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hearing a voice while trying to fall asleep

page: 1

join
share:
xn

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I was falling asleep and I was about half way there to sleeping and I heard this female voice talk to me. She said something, so I was fully awake then and I remembered what she said, then I fell asleep this time and I had a dream like normal. I don't remember the message said now. Any idea on who this voice came from? Ideas that come to mind include my higherself, spirit guide, guardian angel, voices from the astral plane or another plane, some regular spirit, another reality, or someone thinking about me.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
It happens to me all the time. It's just the auditory part of my dreams starting before the visual ones. It usually happens when I'm really tired.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 05:52 AM
link   
It could be anyone of the above....
But i would suggest that you keep a pen and paper near your bed,

And when you here these voices try to write down what you here....

does this happen alot?
Or is it something that has just started?

xn

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This is the first time I heard it.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Yeah that has happened to me before when I am almost asleep. I think this is normal and it happens from time to time. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens often.

posted on Aug, 21 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Yeah that has happened to me before when I am almost asleep. I think this is normal and it happens from time to time. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens often.

its very normal i believe. i wouldn't worry about until you hear voices 24/7

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
That happened to me once, I was really very exhausted and I was going to bed, and upon closing my eyes it was if my mind started racing and I was getting pinned with questions. It only happens to me when I'm really tired, when I expect to go straight to sleep it's as if I'm not wanted to.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I was on a retreat with our church over the weekend and I was just about to fall asleep when I heard this voice saying "So you think your safe here?".. I woke up with a start and said "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!" and my roommate heard it too so I am thinking that I (or something else) was talking through me.

Very weird.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This is a very common phenomena, experieced by a large proportion of Homo Sapiens.

While the idea that it is the auditory part of dreaming begining while one is in this hypnogogic state, has obvious merit, I wouldn't count my sheep before they hatch.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
It has happend to me once when i was really tired. It happens to lots of people.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
That happens to me too, and its almost every night.

I will just lay down and within minutes I will hear voices. Most of them are people that I know, some of them are not.

Most of the things they say are only my name but sometimes they will say different things but I do not remember what they say.

Most of the time it is just my first name.

When it first started happening about 2 months ago I tried to talk back but no reply

Now it happens everynight and I just let it happen.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I rarely hear anything, but i have many times seen something..

One thing that i saw many times was a tiger.. very real like one.. but it wasnt doing anything bad.. like attacking me or something like that.. it just walked towards me.. very calmly..

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
When a person goes without sleep for more than 24 hours or when they are really tired as a result of the day's activities. They experience what is called micro-sleep, this can happen at any time and last for less than a 1/10th second (the person does not even feel it).

During this period the individuals brain reacts as if its in a deep sleep. When you finally do lay down to go to sleep the events of micro-sleep can produce dream like hallucinations hence potentially the voices you experienced.

Going without sleep for more than 72 hours is known to cause hallucinations which can be very profound and seem very real.

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Maybe the tiger is your spirit animal,(totum animal)
It is said that we all have spirit animals that represent who we are!!

So are you stong,good at hunting and can you run real fast

posted on Sep, 5 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I hear them a lot just as I am dozing off,very calm conversation nearby it sounds like.
The thing that I dislike is when you are just dozing off and hear a big bang that snaps you awake,I have had that happen several times and would ask someone nearby if they heard anything but they didn't hear it.
ODD,still happens sometimes,probably a flashback kind of thing from combat....hmm

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
[Edited on 30-9-2003 by Creepy]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 04:38 AM
link   
How about the following:

1. You ask the voice to identify themselves.
2. You ask them some questions that you could not possibly know the answers to and then test the answer.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresidentsbrain
I wouldn't count my sheep before they hatch.

thepresidentsbrain, have you got any links to back this comment up? (I've got some really weird images going through my mind right now)

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
How about the following:

2. You ask them some questions that you could not possibly know the answers to and then test the answer.

If you ask them a question that you don't know the answer to, and this is happening in real time, then how can you possibly verify if it's right before your time is up?

Not a realistic option IMO - a more realistic option would be to ask a question that only you know the answer to - something that would have only been thought - back when you were a child - like a child fantasy or something like that - that you never told anyone, and has been supressed for many years (assuming that the watcher/speaker has only been observing you for a limited time)

Or you could ask her for a date, and if the female voice say's yes, then you know you are dreaming

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:09 AM
link   
theEONion,

if you ask a question that you know the answer too,

then how do you know that it is not your own subconscious answering yourself?

you don't.

on the other hand if you ask a question that is too complex then you would not understand the answer even if given to you.

for example:

I know nothing about theoritical physics but I ask about equations that define the relationship between gravity and anti-gravity.

annother wasted opportunity to some extent.

ask about something that you are likely to comprehend and that can be verified like:

will I get that job I just interviewed for?

or is my sisters new boyfriend really a putz?

or insert your own personal recent anxiety here...

new topics

top topics

join