It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote for the Greatest American of All Time!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
We'll leave the voting open for two weeks to give the poll maximum exposure.

Excellent!

Masked Avatar's idea killz!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
How can you have a Greatest American poll without Thomas Jefferson?

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
We had a nomination thread and the names in the first post are what we came up with. This poll has not exactly been a barn-burner, but what can I say except, "Deny Apathy."

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

hehe Amuk missed out on the nomination process

I'm actually suprised, reflecting back on it, that he was never mentioned.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
So what I wanna see is, out of all those named in the original post, who is the GREATEST American?!

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
So what I wanna see is, out of all those named in the original post, who is the GREATEST American?!

Ahh, ECK doesn't want to conceptualize, he wants to see it. Well, let me help you to see the GREATEST American

There, now you got to SEE the greatest American

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   

He looks like the tiredest American..

next to

ABE LINCOLN. No one looks more preternaturally stressed than ABE LINCOLN.

[edit on 7/14/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:44 PM
link   
He definately has a very expressive face, that's for sure! I just told my parents about that gif I found of the looks of "I can't believe this is happening" and "you've got to be kidding me" faces alternating, they recalled the pictures from the impeachment, and have decided to try to get copies of those pictures from the AP to put on the wall. We're all quite amused

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
And tired-man is your grandpa.

Sorry, I am very aware of who Schippers is.

The conspiracy question would be.. why, out of everyone in the world, would you choose Schippers to be your grandpa?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
hehe please, start a thread about him. I don't know the conspiracy stuff about him. Being so close to him and knowing him so well, I haven't "researched" him on the web. I'd love to address concerns and beliefs from a second person perspective. I've known the guy all my life, and he's been one of the biggest influences on who I've become. The only possible conspiracy, and one that actually helps me to discount a group as conspirators, is that he's a member of the Knights Templar. How did he become one? Did he serve the Catholic church through nefarious means? Did he aid the NWO in some way? Nope, he donated a sh%$-load of cash to the Catholic church, so they knighted him for it.

That actually might be an intersting thread. I mean, y'all know me, and I was playing around here on ATS well before I believed in any government conspiracies and the like. Y'all, I think, know that I'm at least receptive to the idea of massive conspiracies, but I question everything and no one has sufficently answered my concerns regarding the NWO conspiracy, so I still disbelieve it. I hope y'all know I pretty much wear my heart on my sleeve, especially here, and am totally honest with what I believe. Through the reputation I've established here, I may be able to answer questions and concerns as they pertain to the Templar (I know very little, only the reason why he was knighted) or to the impeachment in a more believable way than politicians could. I could also define Schipper's character as I know it for y'all, and, in the event I don't have an answer, I could go straight to the horse's mouth. I've talked with him about this website often (he gave me some great advise for my debate with Odium), and he thinks it's a great thing, despite most of y'all being crazy
(his words, not mine -- I'd be more diplomatic in calling all of y'all loons
) I did find his assumption amusing, though, considering he's one of the leading Oaklahoma City Bombing conspiracy believers and does interviews about it all over the place. But then, some of the better stories relating to ATS involve folks like TheNeo and Pupp, so I can understand how he may have gotten the impression all of y'all are crazy (he knows me, which is why I'm the exception
)

If you do decide to start a thread like that, ECK, send me a U2U. I've been pretty busy at work and have mostly been focusing on my myATS subscribed list rather than checking out new posts lately. Gimme a heads up so I can jump on.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
My grandpa was a Master Mason, 32nd degree. I remember it all when I was a kid. There was no ritual sex slave stuff going on.

I guess it wasn't an Illuminati organization.

My grandpa was one of the finest men I've ever known. A great example to me.

JungleJake, I have no reason to believe Schippers isn't your grandpa. Everything I've read about him has been good. I think you get a little paranoid at times. Chill. If he's your grandpa, then just be proud.. and pray for him.

[edit on 7/15/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by Amuk

hehe Amuk missed out on the nomination process

I have been gone for a month or so, I am still catching up

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Eh, there haven't been too many posts on here in the past month. It should only take you about a year or so to go through all of them

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The public is truly apathetic about politics. It's too bad

So what's the count to date?

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The count:

George Washington Carver-0
Howard Zinn-2
Norman Borlaug-1
James Madison-2
Lieutenant General Lewis Burwell (Chesty) Puller, USMC-0
Huey P. Newton-0
John F Kennedy-2
Abraham Lincoln-3
Anna Nicole Smith-1
Thomas Edison-0
David P Schippers-1
Grandma Bailey-0
Ronald Reagan-1

A nomination is not as good as a vote. This is a separate process. I will not vote in order to avoid the appearance of impropriety, even though I did make a nomination. Someone else can check the count if they so desire.

[edit on 2005/7/15 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
My Vote;
Huey P. Newton.

Reason why:
"The people in Detroit learned that the way to put a hurt on the administration is to make Molotov cocktails and to go Into the street in mass numbers. So this was a matter of learning. The slogan went up "Burn, baby, burn'. People were educated through the activity and it spread throughout the country. The people were educated on how to resist, but Perhaps incorrectly."

Huey P. Newton was the co-founder of the Black Panther Party and one of the very first leaders of the "Civil Rights" era to look at things from an "objective" view.

But the reason I think he was one of the most important Americans and one who is never credited is he helped gather Black men and women, along side with Whites, Hispanics and to protest peacefully - along the lines of Martin Luther King Jr and to protect themselves if the Police tried to stop their rights.

He helped educated people, Muslim, Jew, Christian, etc, on the rights "God" and the "American Government" had given them all - no matter the colour of their skin and he was one of the very first people to speak up about Martin Luther King's murder and to tell people attacking innocent people was not the way to get change.

He brought American together, no matter colour or religion and it cost him and a lot of innocent people their lives because of the corruption of the Government.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Hi, my name's harry and I hacked into this Junglejake character's account. I'd like to vote for David Schippers.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hi, my name's Greg and I hacked into this idiot Christian right wing neocon biggoted racist's account to let you know that I'd like to vote for David schippers.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is Morpheus. Do you want to know more about the Matrix?

Oh yes, and David Schippers is the greatest American, in this pathetic computer simulation you call life.

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Woot! Schippers just took the lead!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join