It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote for the Greatest American of All Time!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here are the nominees:

George Washington Carver
Howard Zinn
Norman Borlaug
James Madison
Lieutenant General Lewis Burwell (Chesty) Puller, USMC
Huey P. Newton
John F Kennedy
Abraham Lincoln
Anna Nicole Smith
Thomas Edison
David P Schippers
Grandma Bailey
Ronald Reagan

Vote once and once only. We will get a tally one week from today, or there about.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Im going to throw my vote behind Mr. Zinn. Arguably one of the most influencial historians of our time.
Read "A Peoples History Of The United States". Excellent history lesson

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A man with an amazing intellect and a legacy that effects the lives of EVERY American. Go James Madison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   
John F Kennedy....The United States and indeed the world changed, and not for the better, with his assasination. A lot of people, especially those outside of the United States do not realize, and many who were alive during the 50's, 60's, and early 70's do not seem to remember, the rabid anti-Catholic sentiment that was so pervasive throuout the United States. Contemporary with that was the infiltration and subversion of the Roman Catholic Church with Vatican II. In the summer of 1960 there were approximately 25 high ranking prelates [Archbishops and Cardinals] who died under strange or peculiar circumstances. On the heels of all this Anti-Catholic sentiment Pope John XXIII is seminally influenced by "Father Malone" a twenty 26 year old priest who was born and raised a Jew until the age of 23. Interestingly, Pope John XXIII is known as the "Masonic Pope". The week preceding the assasination of John F. Kennedy on November 22, 1963 was the most anti-Catholic that I have ever lived through. To my knowledge, the deaths of the above mentioned members of the Catholic Church were never officially acknowledged. A Roman Catholic myself, I've always wondered why the Catholic Church did not try to get to the bottom of the Kennedy Assasination. Michael Colllins Piper finally has.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
James Madison, I was surprised after reading further on this man how much he effects everyday life in America.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
No offense to Grandma Bailey, but Anna Nicole Smith has done more in service to senior citizens and in drawing the attention of the public at large to the need for good family dynamics and wholesome values.

I believe that the wise person who nominated Ms Smith as one of so few female nominees in this Poll also pointed out the extent to which her public profile has radically exceeded the sum of her talents.

Anna Nicole Smith is a true inspiration for talentless individuals everywhere.

[edit on 10-7-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'm sticking with Schippers for the reasons stated in the nominating thread. Dave roolz!

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I nominated him and will vote for him also. Howard Zinn.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I think we need to try to interest more in the poll or we are going to wind up with about one point per nominee. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Well, still sticking with the savoir of of !BILLIONS!

Go Norman Borlaug!

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Ronald Reagan has my vote.

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Abraham Lincoln. He ensured, at a terrible cost it is true, that the United States would become a great power, at a time when few seemed to care about greatness.

Greatness does not imply a requirement for pointless reverence. Nor a lack of sin in the man. The question is "great."

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
At this rate, we're going to have to close the polls early just so I can keep up with the tally. Whew! Can you say writer's cramp?

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Before you cast your vote, take a look at the discussions behind each nomination:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 7/13/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'm really tempted to vote Anna Nicole Smith, because she's so outrageous....

But in the final analysis, I think Abraham Lincoln had a bit more impact on American history, so my vote will go to him.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I vote for JFK, because i think he was one of are best presidents.

I also think JFK would of been a better president, if the our goverment

didn't kill him in the 60s.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Okay! It looks like we have a real horse race here. Take it easy folks; I'm not that good at math.

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I think Honest Abe is ahead.

I know he's got 3 whole votes.

Grady, I think you should hold this poll open for TWO weeks. More people need to see it.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
We'll leave the voting open for two weeks to give the poll maximum exposure.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If Anna Nicole Smith wins or ties, I would like to arrange an ATS interview of her as a great living American.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join