It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
We have no clear answer on exactly who was responsible for today's incident in London
and my heart goes out to all affected by this senseless act of violence.

What concerns me now, is how this will be used to unite support for sending more young British lads
back into battle.

The British government is under tremendous pressure to bring their boys home.

The United States has barely been able to refresh their troops in the blazing heat of the desert
and troop moral is faltering. With 1700+ perished and another 40,000 troops seriously injured,
support for the war effort is in serious decline.

The Downing Street memo's and the CIA leak scandle have many officials now under growing pressure
to consider impeachment proceedings.

The Bush administration does not dare ask congress to activate a draft.

All this with 100's of billions already invested/squandered/commited to secure the riches
of the middle east.

This is why I believe today's incident will be used as a Perl Harbor of sorts
to regain popular support for the war effort.

What many fail to see or choose to ignore is that throughout history, a smalll handful of extremely
powerful people have the uncanny ability to manipulate the masses to achieve their goals.

This is nothing more than an all out grab for power, money and natural resources fueled by miltary
industrial tycoons and those who profit from the business of war.

Who ALWAYS benefits the most from military conflict?

Follow the money trail.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
That's The Spirit

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This is the British spirit we in America have come to know and love. Let us hope that the freedom-loving nations of the world can now close ranks and ferret out the vermin where they hide and annihilate them one by one.

Damn straight.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of that spirit in the U.S., for that matter.

I won't be a party to persecuting innocents -- whether Muslim or any other type -- but when it comes to terrorists, the more ruthlessly they are hunted down and the more painfully they are dealt with, the better.

Shooting in all directions accomplishes nothing. Concentrate fire on the bad guys, on the other hand, and all that will be left of them will be a smoking hole.

Which would be a fitting monument both to their stupidity for messing with us and their ultimate irrelevance on the stage of human history.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:42 AM
link   
We are the disobedient brat.

Ever look at America? I mean open your eyes an look?

We preach too much about morals and have none.
We talk about laws and then hire lawyers to beat the law.
We set up governments and when they turn against us, we attack.
We talk about helping people and harm others in the process.
We have political prisoners we call deadbeat dads.....

Hello?????????

Why don't American's just go take over the whole world and claim we were freeing those poor souls? Surely we can beat them into understanding, or kill them in the process. After all we are patriots just as they are terrorists.

That's settled so let's turn our attention to the issue at hand. The victims of this horrendous inhuman attack.

I say: God bless these ordinary people living in a time when governments fight over the largest share of the pie.

And as I told Congressman Ron Paul, I am a vet. I support the troops, but I can't support the war when we are the aggressors and the enemy is defending their way of life. (Trivia time? Who was the German to say that?)

To all you Londoners, and those in the UK, God bless you. At times such as these all compassionate peoples could offer no less than their prayers for the safety of you and yours. And I do.

G

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Mmmm, Mmmm! Time For Pie!

Originally posted by garyo1954
I say: God bless these ordinary people living in a time when governments fight over the largest share of the pie.

For those of us who wouldn't otherwise know, when exactly was the time in history when this was not the case?

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The real problem is that we, as a species,
study history but never seem to learn from it.

With all we know or should know,
we still can't seem to figure out who the enemy really is or how to live in peace.

We've studied the finest and poorest examples of leadership and still can't seem to
find one truly worthy candidate to take the job.
Let alone one for each country or territory.

The quality of our lives is subject to the whims of a small handful of industrial tycoons and business barons. And those THEY choose to oversee us.
So in actuality the Lords, STILL rule the peasants.

They still have to provide for us in some measure, but we're still only getting the table droppings as they see fit.
What was once a few crumbs of bread and water is now more popularly called a wage.
But still just barely enough for most of us to get by on.

So in actuality, we're all completely responsible for the way things have turned out.

If you've been paying attention, our Lords have a habit of stirring up their subjects every decade or so when ever they want something.

We quite literally kill ourselves and each other at their command.

Quite remarkable really how foolish we are.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   
First off, my condolences go out to all the british civillians in and around London at the time of the bombing that were emmotionally or physically impacted by such an occurence.

I also like the maturity of this thread, with the exception of a few here that seem to want to link such incidents to racial profiling.

I also find it despicable to see posts like this hinting to drop the bombs. This guy along with Freedom_for_sum must have took satisfaction from the hiroshima bombings. Or the more obvious explanation is that they see it as a game.

Originally posted by C0le
DROP THE FRIGGIN BOMBS ALREADY, seriously im getting sick and tired of these morons i mean wtf is there problem?
Its like the west is the parent and they are the child, the parent can yell at the child all day long, but the child knows the parent wont do much more then yell, so he continues to defy them.

Its time to pull of the belt and beat the living hell outa that disobedient brat..

Before you make your way onto my ignore list and join Freedom_for_sum, I want to know if your serious about this issue (racial profiling) or if your just releasing steam?

You must also be one heck of a parent. Did your dad used to punish you with a belt, similar to that training used on animals. If so then what your saying may seem justified, based on your upbringing.

Originally posted by C0le
It may take a few more things like this to get some of you to see the light, but eventualy it will happen.

And then what? You, friends and family go fight someone else's fight. The only thing to come out of this is that you will experience first hand people you know start to die. Suicide then isn't that far off from being an option.

Hence the reasoning behind the injured brit saying he pities whoever did this.

Bush says "the War on Terror will go on." But I like Bush based on his integrity and his ability to perform action in strategic ways. The war in Iraq may seem inflated at best because of the media coverage, but terrorists in Iraq were creating havoc long befor the US occupation.

Bush also hinted that this attack will not defer attention from the relief for poverty in Africa, albeit it may take a little longer now to make poverty history, because of the turn of events.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
i was just browsing through the bbc website and saw an article saying that rudolph giuliani was around the liverpool street area when the explosion there went off. what struck me as odd is this comment though ...

"I was right near Liverpool (Street) station when the first bomb went off and was notified of it," he said." source = news.bbc.co.uk...

i wonder who notified him and how they knew it was a bomb when the official explanation at that time was that it was a power surge !

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   
As Seen From Above

Originally posted by FallenFromTheTree
Quite remarkable really how foolish we are.

Speak for yourself.

Are the sacrifices that were made to make it possible for you to express this opinion foolish?

It is easy to lock oneself in an ivory tower and scoff at those below, but walk a mile in the shoes of those you call fools (under the thin blanket of “we”), and perhaps what doesn't make sense to you now may make sense to you later.

Are we fools? Perhaps.

But what is a fool? One who acts without reason, or one who does?

Everyone has their reasons. Your ignorance of them does not make us fools.

That is a title you can only bestow upon yourself.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I've been monitoring this particular thread most of the day and I must say I'm impressed at the concern & caring shown by the vast majority of respondents. A small minority however, have posted the most infantile, inconsiderate, nonsense and outright idiotic speculations that I've seen in quite a while. Some of them seem to have a one track mind and just post the exact same drivel or a minor variation on every thread they get on, others pound over and over at the same odious theme like they are trying to brainwash us, a few are obviously better educated and just plant their sickness and poison whenever the time seems ripe. The majority though are more like sheep or parrots--I'm not sure they ever had an original thought, much less the skill to communicate it to others. Come on people grow up, there is no corporate conspiracy to take over the Earth, no secret Bush plot to conquer the world, no government group bombing its own citizens so it can get something it wants from parliment or congress--Use your heads for something besides a hat rack.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 02:20 AM
link   
You missed my point entirely.

We collectively ARE fools if we don't learn from history.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:09 AM
link   
got a suspect package reported at liverpool street right now. I've just watched live footage of the area being cordoned off.
I guess this sort of alert is going to be common place now.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It Takes One...

You missed my point entirely.

Perhaps it is because I am a fool. That is indeed a title I have bestowed upon myself, and it fits like a glove.

Of Like Mind, But Different Opinion

We collectively ARE fools if we don't learn from history.

We humans have learned quite a few things over the millennia, though we have forgotten far more than we have learned.

Are we fools for doing so? Perhaps.

I once stood upon the same vista from which you have spoken, and made the same pronouncements.

I once felt that humanity was stupid and petty, learned nothing from its mistakes, was doomed to eternal misery, and I piously lamented the tragic lack of insight of my fellow human beings.

Why could they not see what was so plain to my learned eyes?

Then I realized that the heights from which I judged them were nothing more than the heights of my own arrogance, and that in ascending them, I myself was no more than a fool, no greater than the least of those I had judged fools.

Though it is ever tempting to look down upon humanity from on high and make sweeping judgments from afar, we learn much more about humanity -- ourselves -- when we stand side by side, and close to one another.

Then everything becomes much, much clearer.

And that's my point.

The words of a fool, if you prefer.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Serial attacks such as those yesterday require precise planning, the deployment of underground cells, the recruitment of activists (and suicide bombers too, so it appears), the acquisition of explosives and the constructing of devices, transportation arrangements and more - and all under the nose of MI-5, the Metropolitan Police, MI-6 and Military Intelligence.

The lessons learned 9- 11 remain valid:

The war against the global jihad cannot be won by means of defense and security only. It is a war to the bitter end that requires the West to go from country to country, territory to territory, quarter to quarter to eradicate terror and those who sponsor it.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
While driving this morning I've heard that Rudy Giuliani was in London...
Apparently he was in that station that collapsed, only minutes before it happened...

I find that info rather weird. Anyone has heard about/can confirm this?

Cannot give source, didn't tape it, you'll have to take my word for it.
Portuguese radio station Antena 1, 0800 this morning.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by COMSEUR
While driving this morning I've heard that Rudy Giuliani was in London...
Anyone has heard about/can confirm this?

see my post about this further up this page

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Dangit! Sorry justyc!

Read about 10 pages worth, too look for his name, should have read more...

So, what was he doing in London, one wonders...??

[edit on 8/7/05 by COMSEUR]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   
So we have the mayor of new york and Benjamin Nethenyahu, Isreali diplomat, both within yards of two of the bombs (or nethenyahu would have been had he gone to his meeting and not have been warned of before, what good luck) !!

Just good luck or someone with good intelligence information from the inside?

Two prominent figures in one day would have been quite a coup for the responsables...if they were the targets.

Was the route of giuliani(spelling?) known before hand to the public, or indeed was his presence in London known?

The meeting of Nethenyahu aswell, known outside of embassy circles?

Was any other embassy warned beforehand or just the Isreali..and if so why not come forward to say so?

The official version has now been changed hand Jerusalem say there was no contact...But Nethenyahus right hand man says there was contact from Scotland Yard.

Is he lying or confused about the timeline?
Is Jerusalem lying to cover itself again?
Will we see more changes to the stories with the evidence to come from the cctv.?
Why was part of the metro closed without reason or rhyme at 7.05 yesterday? and hour before the incidents?
Was it the start of the emergency plan just in case the threats recieveds were for real?

I could go on but several people, even moderators, today called me racist, and unintelligent because of their misinterpretation of a theory i put forward invoving mossad??

Id like to know the views of all my ATS brethren on the above points !!thanks.

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1972
Is Jerusalem lying to cover itself again?

Yes and no, like it has been said before, the mossad is almost a power unto it's own, in fact more akin to a TERRORIST ORGANISATION than to an Intelligence org - basically they are the hard core upholders of the ZIONEST movement and will go to any lengths to acheive their aims. This can be of somewhat embarrasment to the Israeli Gov, but they have to put up and shut up or suffer "punishment".

Will we see more changes to the stories with the evidence to come from the cctv.?

Oh yes, in fact I am amazed that this got out anyway, considering that virtually all mass media is controlled by Jewish interest and the fact that this makes it look like Israel kind of knew what was going to happen. Just like 9/11 they warned their people to stay at home, in fact this whole event feels quite similair to 9/11 ...

I could go on but several people, even moderators, today called me racist, and unintelligent because of their misinterpretation of a theory i put forward involving mossad??

Read my signature for some insight into racisim.

more info

As said before in this thread, ask yourself - who has the most to gain from this?

KiwiDave

[edit on 8-7-2005 by KiwiDave]

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:07 AM
link   

The meeting of Nethenyahu aswell, known outside of embassy circles?

Of course...... Finance Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is not on a private holiday trip....

He arrived in London on Wednesday night and was due to give a lecture yesterday morning to hundreds of businessmen about investments in Israel - the annual investors conference of the Tel Aviv Stock Market, which was taking place there in the Great Eastern Hotel. One of the blasts - in the Liverpool Street Underground station - occured near the hotel, and the more than 200 participants were evacuated from the building.

Netanyahu is also slated to meet with businessmen, leading financial journalists and potential investors for the World Bank.

Rebekka

posted on Jul, 8 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
That's probably what Giulliani was there for too. Either as a speaker or as a delegate. That would easily explain his presence in both London, and the station when he was. He could have been on the way to the conference. As far as being notified, I don't think he specifically said he was notified that a bomb had gone off, just that he was notified of the explosions. It could easily have been someone telling him the conference was off because of explosions in the underground, and security concerns.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join