It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What goes around, comes around.

Afganistan civilian death toll:
3,8K news.bbc.co.uk...
www.cursor.org...

Iraqui civilian death toll:
22K to 25K www.iraqbodycount.net...
10K to 37K news.bbc.co.uk...

Are we innocent?
Yes we are.

Are the politicians innocent?
No they are not.

My respect and condolences to all the british people.

Crustas

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   
im watching CNN at the moment...theyve covered the american publics view on this and the british...theyve got people covering the subways in new york a few hour after the strike...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
im feeling sorry fo muslim people in england who had nothing to do with this theyll get some greif for this by some people

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
And as I'm sure asala and every other Londoner knows, we fear not the luftwaffe, Militant Islam or the Irish.

Hopefully, just like every other attack we will go on as normal. As far as I am aware the clubs my friends worked in our still opening, tomorrow they've been told to come to work. There's a choice, we panic, we run, we live in fear and "they" win or we go on, enjoy our lives and enjoy London like we should do and they will loose.

Indeed my friend! We will do just as we always do, honor and cherish the dead, support their families, and move on with life regardless. There's nothing that not just London, but the whole of England couldn't take.

That's why the government here could never play on peoples emotions to this event to get their dirty work done here, unlike in certain other countries. It just wouldn't wash. Thank God we don't over-react. My thoughts go out to all those families that will be suffering at the moment.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by JackBurton]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Ok, lets be quite, quite clear about this racism thing and deal with it now.
If I've misunderstood the subsequent posts that appeared to suggest a racist bias, then I apologise.

For reference: The post.

Originally posted by 0951

Two things here: Nation of Islam ? This is the first time that I can recall seeing the term 'Nation of Islam' used in this context. Now, quite clearly I could be wrong, and taking this way out of context, but is this term itself, or it's usage here significant? Lets be clear - I'm not suggesting that this implicates the US NOI movement in this in any way, but in the fact that the statement appears to contain a new, or at least an unusual descriptor in this context ?

... contained a perfectly clear reference to not suggesting that the statement 'implicates the US NOI movement in any way'.

The post was purely intended to convey the fact that I had not heard the term Nation of Islam attached to any terrorist statement, and could that revised phrasing suggest somthing significant in itself, as it doesn't appear to be phrased in quite such a traditional AQ message kinda way, and that and any changed MO may suggest a new tactic, or even a new group - (not that the NOI are involved) ? Yeah, it could well be a mis-translation, I dunno, I just read this stuff off websites.

Two sources, this one is apparently a screen grab of the statement, and this is another page posting what is being reported as a translation of the statement.

As far as I was aware the US NOI movement are not considered to be within the teachings of Islam anyway, and not withstanding what appears to be the complete lack of motive, the suggestion that they are somehow involved strikes me as somewhat bizarre ... but maybe I've just misunderstood ?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
No, you're on the right track.

The Nation of Islam were the right-wing Islamic group Malcolm X left due to them not being a true version of Islam. They also called for attacks like this on America before though.

Also the term Nation of Islam, only has that one meaning. The one as in the American group, it is not used by any other Islamic Organization. It is the Islamic Nation for the rest of the movement. Which is why I find it so odd. (I did my history qualification on Civil rights in the U.S. and a large part of it was the Nation of Islam so I know a fair bit about them.)

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ah, now that was exactly my point.
It sounded 'odd' in the context in which it was mentioned in this statement.

(The bit I wasn't sure about was some of the posts suggesting that subjective racist references were being made).

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
i want to know what bushes words on this are i havent heard from him yet

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   

i want to know what bushes words on this are i havent heard from him yet

Words of condolence for the victims, renewed support for their ally, and strengthened resolve in the WOT.

What else would you expect him to say?

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Check out the stories on infowars about this tragic insident. Who caused it and who stands to gain.
www.infowars.com...
www.infowars.com...
www.infowars.com...
www.infowars.com...
www.infowars.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
UK members think about this;

its not suicide bombers(been confirmed), meaning the cell doesnt have to recurit new members meaning they can continue attacks. London and the UK might have a campaign of terror.

We could see another bombing campaign.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

The "fear campaign" wins.

Guess you caught it from the States. Like a disease.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
UK members think about this;

its not suicide bombers(been confirmed), meaning the cell doesnt have to recurit new members meaning they can continue attacks. London and the UK might have a campaign of terror.

Just confirmed now then(have a source?), but i am sure i heard Ken Livinstone say something like "You are too cowardly to take your own lifes, while you will take the lifes of others", i heard him say it when he spoke live from Singapore, unsurprisingly i have not heard it again.
I don't know for sure, there has been a lot to take in today.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Londoners have paid the price for Iraq and Afghanistan, says George Galloway.
:
He told the Commons it was the US-led coalition's actions in Afghanistan, Iraq and Guantanamo which had inflamed hatred of the West in the Muslim world.

But minister Adam Ingram accused Mr Galloway of "dipping his poisonous tongue in a pool of blood".

The armed forces minister added that Mr Galloway's comments were "disgraceful".
news.bbc.co.uk...

Galloway is entitled to his opinion, of course, but now is not the time to make such inflammatory statements. This sounds like something Wacko Ward Churchill would say.

[edit on 7-7-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
We will grieve for those lost and we will bear the pain but fundamentally we can take it, what else is there to do but carry on?

Britain has never folded under the pressure of this kind of attack and I see absolutely no sign of us doing so now.

In fact quite the opposite.

Those that would attack the UK would be advised to look at our history.

The reason for the success of the British is down to (as a friend of mine once put it) the 'British death cult'.
Not only were 'we' blessed with bright Generals and Admirals but 'we' would (and will) tolerate losses no one else would and still keep coming, that is how the Empire was carved out.

Woe betide those that attacked our civillian people today.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
We will grieve for those lost and we will bear the pain but fundamentally we can take it, what else is there to do but carry on?

Britain has never folded under the pressure of this kind of attack and I see absolutely no sign of us doing so now.

yep, the Brits have shown in history like for example the Battle of Britain where the men piloting the Spitfire against the Lufftwaffe. while the Brits on the ground prepare ani invasion as well as holding tight. the damage today pales in comparison the the one back during WW2 bombing of London, the Brits can take a lot more damage than this.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey

The reason for the success of the British is down to (as a friend of mine once put it) the 'British death cult'.
Not only were 'we' blessed with bright Generals and Admirals but 'we' would (and will) tolerate losses no one else would and still keep coming, that is how the Empire was carved out.

Woe betide those that attacked our civillian people today.

agree with you

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Why did the BBC reported it was technical problem in the radio?

And staff on the who worked there even talked that it needed maintance and the wire was not that good

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The Bloody British

Originally posted by deltaboy
the Brits can take a lot more damage than this.

There has never been any question about it.

Far greater foes of Britain than these have learned that lesson the hard way.

But knowing this does not make watching Britons suffer any easier.

posted on Jul, 7 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Put a human face in this attack.

What if it was in your town or city?

I feel deeply for those who have been confronted with this terrorist attack, or whatever you all want to call it.

The illusion of security is fading AGAIN. Time for more alerts and warnings. Could it be too little too late?

We are a part of the world we all create, we reap what we sew. Terrorism is as much a symptom as it is a cause. You can flame me but it does not kill the raw truth.

Don't get mad, angry, upset, or depressed.

Get even!

I have spent the greater part of this day hearing things like "it's time to nuke em all" "These radical islamic freaks need to be Exterminated along with anyone who is Sympathetic to their cause".

Is genocide the answer?

I am starting to believe that in this current climate of war and terror we have no chance for Peace.

So go for it, let loose the war of wars and end it all, so we can get back to the other things that keep us entertained.

ESP

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join