It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Series of Explosions Rock London 07/07

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Cnn.com is reporting that there are many Muslim people that are very upset about the bombings. They are saying enough already, and the bombers are giving Muslims a bad name around the world. They are saying that Islam is spreading in Europe and the bombers are making things worse for the peaceful Muslims which are most of them.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Cnn.com is reporting that there are many Muslim people that are very upset about the bombings

What about the leadership? Im not saying they have not or will not issue a statement or whatever...personnally I don't care. But it starts with the leadership educating thier people on the proper teachings and not condoning any form or extremeism, violent acts or any protest that could lead to violence.

And yes the same holds true for Chrisitan leaders

BTW..I totally agree, these waccos are giving all the good muslims a bad name. We should not stereotype all because of the extreme actions of a few....

[edit on 9/7/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Terms Of Misuse

Originally posted by paperclip
Also it is THE most misused and misunderstood term there is.

No, that would be the expression “the truth”.

We were looking for “the truth”.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
What about the leadership? Im not saying they have not or will not issue a statement or whatever...personnally I don't care. But it starts with the leadership educating thier people on the proper teachings and not condoning any form or extremeism, violent acts or any protest that could lead to violence.

And yes the same holds true for Chrisitan leaders

BTW..I totally agree, these waccos are giving all the good muslims a bad name. We should not stereotype all because of the extreme actions of a few....

No matter if the leaders of either religion teach tolerance, and peace you will always have the nuts going out and blowing themselves and others up because they're Different and Different has always and probably will always be Bad. Different means that you are Evil to some people and have to be stopped by any means necessary.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Zaphod58]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:06 AM
link   
we just have another bomb scare in,

Travistock square is now filled with police ect.... this is the same place that the bus bomb happened,

Lets just hope this is a false alarm, people are just being more carefully

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I certainly hope that they're all false alarms from now on. One "bad day" is more than enough for London. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is quiet there now.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

Originally posted by Ranger
Al-CIA-Da Strikes again.

I hope the people of England won't give in to fear and accept the ID cards over this.

Most pf the people in Britain are well aware that ID cards do not stop terrorism, at least, not without the co-operation of the terrorists.

Some will fall victim to the sensationalism of the media, but many know full well that ID cards are merely a control mechanism.

I'm not going to jump on the "CIA did it" bandwagon.

Grady..." it could be said that you are falling for the same argument, in accepting that war is the only way out. Fundamentalism will exist as long as nations continue to exploited by the west. Foreign policy has to change, if the example we set is to be follwed we can continue to expect more atrocities.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Koka]

Well its not necesarily the CIA but I do smell government involvement, since real terrorists take responsibility and give a reason for their actions very quickly after they commit attacks and in this case no one has claimed responsibility or given reason except for a message board post claiming responsibility that was found out to be fake.

"Al-CIA-Da" is the word I use to refer to state sponsored terrorism, perhaps I should have pointed that out in my previous post.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Quote: "Just who exactly is Tolerating them??!"

I made that statement in my last post because I am already starting to Hear it in the News Media & Read it On-Line = Don't be Racist - Don't Discriminate - Oh those Poor Arabs, they can't help it - I feel bad for them - (it eventually DE-Volves into) it is really the Americans Fault & the British Deserve it because they Support the Americans - it is not those Poor Arabs Fault, they are being provoked by us Western Infidels (i.e. those "Zionist Crusaders") - Saddam Hussein & Osama Bin Laden are the Good Guys & Bush & Blair are the Bad Guys - those Invaders & Occupiers had it coming.

I wonder if they would still have this Attitude if one of their Family Members were Killed in a Terrorist Attack?!

This is Absolute Garbage! You know maybe we should pull out of the Middle East so that those UN-Civilized - UN-Democratic Animals can finish Killing each other off!

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
First of all this is a Tragedy indeed.

Second of all: are you aware how many people DIE each and every day in Africa? Or Middle East? Or just about anywhere else on this world?

Oh, yes I forgot - they are not "Civilized" so they are supposed to die like dogs.

Another proof how the Blood of a Western Man is more Valuable then the Blood of every other Man.

Thats the Real Tragedy...

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
I made that statement in my last post because I am already starting to Hear it in the News Media & Read it On-Line = Don't be Racist - Don't Discriminate - Oh those Poor Arabs, they can't help it - I feel bad for them - (it eventually DE-Volves into) it is really the Americans Fault & the British Deserve it because they Support the Americans - it is not those Poor Arabs Fault, they are being provoked by us Western Infidels (i.e. those "Zionist Crusaders") - Saddam Hussein & Osama Bin Laden are the Good Guys & Bush & Blair are the Bad Guys - those Invaders & Occupiers had it coming.

I wonder if they would still have this Attitude if one of their Family Members were Killed in a Terrorist Attack?!

This is Absolute Garbage! You know maybe we should pull out of the Middle East so that those UN-Civilized - UN-Democratic Animals can finish Killing each other off!

Firstly, one of my best friends is still missing.

Secondly, it is just as much our fault. After Afganistan we had a large percentage of the Western Muslim world on our side even some in the Middle East after Iraq that has all changed. We are meant to be the "better" democratic way. Yet we are letting people like Mugabe exist and doing what he does - list goes on.

Hopefully, with the debt relief and the review of Trade laws to Africa those muslim nations might come back to our side and begin to teach that terrorism and the Jihad against the West is wrong - like they did up till Iraq.

Thirdly, you can't blame all Arabs for the bombs nor can you for 9/11 the fact not all Arabs are Muslims, some are Jewish some are Christian, some hold no faith, list goes on. So if you target an "Arab" it shows how simple you are. The same also goes for Muslims, if you target Muslims who are anti-terrorism, surely you're going to push more of them over? You seem to forget "they" want us to attack Muslims for this so they'll get more members so well done for playing into their hands. Also if this view can be taken why shouldn't ever American be hated for helping to fund the I.R.A?

Fourthly, they're not saying Osama and Saddam are innocent, they're just saying Blair and Bush are not either. Which is the truth. They took us to war on lies, pure and simple. A war which only helps more and more terrorists come foreward and a War which we won't be over with for years.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
You say that policain are not innconect but in reality we are to blame .

We are all to blame. Each one has his reasons to blame others and find something to hold to just that it makes them feel better.

If thinking an Arab or Muslim are just created to take all the fault then your just trying to convince yourself that all of arab and muslims because you you cant blame a guy who looks like you can you.

Just seeing there and hearing the news is really not going to work because every one have his own ideas and there statics.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
- Saddam Hussein & Osama Bin Laden are the Good Guys & Bush & Blair are the Bad Guys - those Invaders & Occupiers had it coming.

I have yet to hear someone say that Bin Laden is a good guy.
What I have frequently seen on message boards is that people ASSUME if you criticize foreign policy of Bush administration you somehow must think Sadam and Osama are good guys. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

First, war on terror and war in Iraq are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. The reasons for bombing Iraq back into stone age have been discussed more then enough on ATS and on the media, so I will not go into it here.

The world wide coalition for war against Al-qaeda still exists and just because someone doesn't support the war for oil doesnt mean they love Bin Laden. Don't mix those things.

About poor arabs... since the 50s the so-called "cold" war has been fought in the middle east. We all know that history too so not going to go into that either. Poor arabs is a quite accurate term to describe most people there and what they went through, specially Iraqis.

Nobody on this planet understands people in London better right now then Iraqis. What has happened in London is a DAILY occurance in Iraq.
Intervention in Iraq was a failure.
Intervention in Bosnia, for example, is a SUCCESFUL one. War stopped, no insurgency, no bombs, no civil war. That is a success. Iraq is a failure, a failure that resulted from the fact that nobody went there to save Iraqis in the first place. Over 20,000 dead civilians and the result is a civil war and daily terrorist attacks. You might wanna write your president and ask him what the # was he thinking.

To bomb London subways is a wrong answer to all that. The tragedy is that those people who died in London are probably just normal people, there is a good chance that a lot of them were against this stupid war in the first place. I've also seen several muslim names amongst those who are still missing.
There is also a very good chance that those who commited this act are NOT Iraqis.
Innocent people die in Iraq every day, people who actually want to help Iraqis like police recruits. They die because someone forgot to secure borders... someone who was very fast to secure oil fields.

As I said before, political correctness has absolutely no influence on the work of law enforcement agencies in catching those responsible for the attacks.
But we CANNOT now start acusing arabs generaly for everything or pretend that what our goverments do is always right and has no influence on these events.
Terrorism and "Al-qaeda" is actually an ideology of killing civilians to get back at goverments and it has many reasons, many groups, and many goals. If you want to combat that, a good start would be to stop bombing random countries to steal their resources, for example. The terrorism ideology feeds off of that.
Statements like these probably make a lot of people angry, but that is the real world. That is how it works and that is where we must fight against it.
If you just keep starting new wars, no matter how many people you kill, there will still be enough left to detonate a bomb somewhere.
We need to catch the LEADERS of these movements and at the same time take away their main arguments with which they recruit new members.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Quote: "Teach that Terrorism and the Jihad against the West is wrong - like they did up till Iraq."

I don't think that this ever Occurred. After 9/11 it was all about the "Zionist Conspiracy" in the Muslim World. The Majority of Muslim Leaders never Denounced Osama Bin Laden. They are too Busy BrainWashing their Children that everyone that is not a Muslim is Evil & the Source of all of their Problems. They should Work on fixing their own problems & their own Countries *THEMSELVES*! I doubt that they will ever teach that "Terrorism and the Jihad against the West is Wrong".

Quote: "fact not all Arabs are Muslims, some are Jewish some are Christian."

I am well aware of this - not all Arabs are Muslim & not all Muslims are Arabs - I am pretty confident in the Fact that NOT all of those Terrorist Cowards in Al-Qeada are Arabs - you never know, Disgruntled British Citizens might have even been involved in this recent attack!

Quote: "War on Terror and War in Iraq are TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS."

Incorrect - IRAQ is currently the FOCUS of the Terrorists - they are all flooding into that country in order to KILL Indiscriminately. Last time I checked Zarquawi wasn't a Boy Scout!

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Hope your friend is alright.

Secondly, it is just as much our fault. After Afganistan we had a large percentage of the Western Muslim world on our side even some in the Middle East after Iraq that has all changed.

First, terrorists were blaming what happened in both Afgahnistan and Iraq to the attacks they are carrying. So even if we hadn't gone to Iraq they would have blamed the coalition going into Afgahnistan as the reason for these attacks.

Second, even before any of these wars started, terrorists were already attacking us, as in 9/11, and even before that.

Even Osama Bin Laden in an interview in the 1990s said that even when the US was helping them fight the Russians in the 80s, they (terrorists)were already thinking on ways to attack the west.

Terrorists use excuses to claim they have reasons for attacking us, and you, along some others are falling for their blame game.

[edit on 9-7-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Secondly, it is just as much our fault. After Afganistan we had a large percentage of the Western Muslim world on our side even some in the Middle East after Iraq that has all changed. We are meant to be the "better" democratic way. Yet we are letting people like Mugabe exist and doing what he does - list goes on.

Hopefully, with the debt relief and the review of Trade laws to Africa those muslim nations might come back to our side and begin to teach that terrorism and the Jihad against the West is wrong - like they did up till Iraq.

Thirdly, you can't blame all Arabs for the bombs nor can you for 9/11 the fact not all Arabs are Muslims, some are Jewish some are Christian, some hold no faith, list goes on. So if you target an "Arab" it shows how simple you are. The same also goes for Muslims, if you target Muslims who are anti-terrorism, surely you're going to push more of them over? You seem to forget "they" want us to attack Muslims for this so they'll get more members so well done for playing into their hands. Also if this view can be taken why shouldn't ever American be hated for helping to fund the I.R.A?

Fourthly, they're not saying Osama and Saddam are innocent, they're just saying Blair and Bush are not either. Which is the truth. They took us to war on lies, pure and simple. A war which only helps more and more terrorists come foreward and a War which we won't be over with for years.

I hope everything turns out O.K. for your friend Odi.

Extremism in general is the problem regardless of where it comes from.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You have voted paperclip for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Summed it up quite nicely there Paperclip.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
During Fox News' coverage of the July 7 London bombings, Washington managing editor Brit Hume told host Shepard Smith that his "first thought," when he "heard there had been this attack" and saw the low futures market, was "Hmmm, time to buy." Smith had asked Hume to comment on the lack of a negative U.S. stock market reaction to the London attacks.

From Fox News' July 7 breaking news coverage between 1 and 2 p.m. ET:

prisonplanet.com...

Glad to see America is with us.

It really shows how great the international attitude really is when people like that get on T.V.
(sarcasm off) I'll get back to the other responses in a moment.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You're mis-characterizing Hume's comment, Odium. The discussion was about the market impact of the London bombings. Hume stated that when he heard of the attacks and saw the futures market tank, his first thought was to buy and that others might have thought the same thing causing the market to rebound.

This in no way says that the first thing Hume thought of when hearing of the attack was the market, but such a thing would not be unreasonable for anyone who has a chunk of money in the market and might stand to lose. The market has proven to be remarkably resilient in the aftermath of such attacks. This is a good thing.

SMITH: Some of the things you might expect to happen, for instance, a drop in the stock market and some degree of uncertainty across this country -- none of that really seen today, and I wonder if the timing of it -- that it happened in the middle of the night and we were able to get a sense of the grander scheme of things -- wasn't helpful in all this.

HUME: Well, maybe. The other thing is, of course, people have -- you know, the market was down. It was down yesterday, and you know, you may have had some bargain-hunting going on. I mean, my first thought when I heard -- just on a personal basis, when I heard there had been this attack and I saw the futures this morning, which were really in the tank, I thought, "Hmmm, time to buy." Others may have thought that as well. But you never know about the markets. But obviously, if the markets had behaved badly, that would obviously add to people's sense of alarm about it. But there has been a lot of reassurance coming, particularly in the way that -- partly in the way the Brits handled all this, but also in the way that officials here handled it. There seems to be no great fear that something like that is going to happen here, although there's no indication that we here had any advance warning.

prisonplanet.com...

Don't you think that al-Qaeda wants to disrupt commerce in its targeted nation? Don't you think that a global depression is part of what they are doing their best to effect. Do you think that they struck the WTC just because they were big?

Why would you want to take an excerpt from a discussion about the stock market and try to extrapolate that to the general attitude of the entire nation toward the events in London? Just stirring the pot?

[edit on 2005/7/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
"I mean, my first thought when I heard -- just on a personal basis, when I heard there had been this attack and I saw the futures this morning, which were really in the tank, I thought, "Hmmm, time to buy."

He was talking about the bombs going off, not the comment on the stock market. His first thought, not one of his.

posted on Jul, 9 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Read the question Hume was responding to, Odium.

SMITH: Some of the things you might expect to happen, for instance, a drop in the stock market and some degree of uncertainty across this country -- none of that really seen today, and I wonder if the timing of it -- that it happened in the middle of the night and we were able to get a sense of the grander scheme of things -- wasn't helpful in all this.

HUME: Well, maybe. The other thing is, of course, people have -- you know, the market was down. It was down yesterday, and you know, you may have had some bargain-hunting going on. I mean, my first thought when I heard -- just on a personal basis, when I heard there had been this attack and I saw the futures this morning, which were really in the tank, I thought, "Hmmm, time to buy." Others may have thought that as well. But you never know about the markets. But obviously, if the markets had behaved badly, that would obviously add to people's sense of alarm about it. But there has been a lot of reassurance coming, particularly in the way that -- partly in the way the Brits handled all this, but also in the way that officials here handled it. There seems to be no great fear that something like that is going to happen here, although there's no indication that we here had any advance warning.

prisonplanet.com...

The discussion was of the markets. Hume did not say that the first thing he thought of when he heard of the bombing was to buy, it was the first thing he thought of when he saw the futures prices in the tank. You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Even if Hume did say that the first thing he thought of was the market, which he did not, you couldn't generalize that to the majority of Americans, as you did.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join