It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate Tournament Commentary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yeah, it's unfortunate......I haven't heard hide or tail from backto reality and had to refit my first arguement to accomadate. I'm hoping he still decides to continue, because I did sign up for debating.....

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   
End of the day, it just means you guys got through on an easy round.
The next one, should be filled with people who wish to stick it out and have the time to do so.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
That sucks. I hate it when people commit time and then go belly up.

You simply wait till the next round and, I guess, pat yourself on the back.

Double elmination would be interesting. I could've used something that in my debate with Blackjackal to make the total debate pool more interesting.
But the problem is that it would take to long.

Ahhh. ktprktpr you are back! Long time no see my old friend. So far I think you are doing excellent, as usual, with a almost impossible angle.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
*big grin* Yeah seems like an endearing theme with me. Why didnt you decide to take part in this tournment?

cheers
ktpr

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

*big grin* Yeah seems like an endearing theme with me. Why didnt you decide to take part in this tournment?

cheers
ktpr

Well, I don't have the time to be honest. I go to school from 8:00 to 11:00am and then to work from 11:45 until 9:45pm. I really wish I could have taken part but real life is currently a 500 ton blue whale sitting in my way. I promise one day we will have that rematch.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It's always a bummer when people just can't make it, shirk deadlines, or something pops up. Really a shame. The_Final thankfully let us know early on so Loki could sub in.

The worst part, IMO, is the topic. Some really good topics can get lost to the dogs that way.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Does the 24 hour time limit start after you post, or does it start 24 hours after the last post?

In other words, if the topic opens at 10am on the 10th, and a reply is issued at 11am on the 10th, does the time limit for the next reply expire at 10am on the 12th, or at 11am on the 11th?

Am I making any sense?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Does the 24 hour time limit start after you post, or does it start 24 hours after the last post?

In other words, if the topic opens at 10am on the 10th, and a reply is issued at 11am on the 10th, does the time limit for the next reply expire at 10am on the 12th, or at 11am on the 11th?

Am I making any sense?

it starts after the last post...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So I'm through to the 2nd round.....and not exactly celebrating. I hope it was just a hectic schedule for Jamuhn that was keeping him from posting. It certainly wasn't my debating that scared him away!!!

It was a pity as it was getting views and had all the makings of a right royal battle. So thanks to Jamuhn for the chance and hope to meet you again when things are a little calmer for you and you can sit down and have a proper rowdy debate!!

So a barely tested newbie goes through to the 2nd round to get eaten alive!!! At least I am rid of the "poison chalice" on that debate! Talk about arguing that the sky isn't blue!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Thanks TSA.

I need to put an APB out on Loki.

We were late getting started to begin with.
Edit: Check out this gem from TheLibra's last reply.

My opponent’s attempt to debunk my argument is little more than a Chewbacca Defense, with Carbon as his Wookiee.

I giggled..oh, how I giggled.

[edit on 27-6-2005 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Jamuhn had, and I paraphrase, a "life." Now, being a recent specialized science and math high school graduate who happens to enjoy, go figure, computers, I really don't know what that means, but a dictionary tells me, among other things, life is "human existence, relationships, or activity in general."

So THAT'S what I'm missing. Damn.

Wyrde, you're up. Werd.

I'm lovin it.

[edit on 6/27/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Jamuhn had, and I paraphrase, a "life."

[edit on 6/27/2005 by Amorymeltzer]

even i am not that arrogant

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Man, I'm impressed with this collection of debators. Hats off to all.

I'll be replying to mine either late tonight or early tmmrw morning. My pimp hand feels heavy and it's raised helluva high...

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Wha'? Meaning the rest of us don't?

Loved the Chebacca Defence line as well. Wonder will the Vagabond's head explode from confusion, just like South Park!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Do they sell those at Wal-Mart?

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:42 PM
link   

My pimp hand feels heavy and it's raised helluva high...

Oh How I Giggled!!!!!!!

ROFL!!!

Thanks ktpr.......that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time.....

[edit on 27-6-2005 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Just finished reading the last of the debates up to this point.. and I just wanted to say everyone is doing an excellent job. Gives me a big smile

Keep it up everyone!
Top notch stuff, I say

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What does the "no rebuttle" clause for the closing statement mean? Are we supposed to reiterate our points without contradicting the other's?

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
It means you don't get a rebuttal. He closes, you close, that's it. No final reckoning of what they say.

posted on Jun, 28 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
why can't there be a rebuttal in the closing arguments? It's a debate for crying out loud. What was the reasoning behind this?

EDIT- this also means i better rebut the hekc out of him while i can.... talk about stragetic debating

[edit on 28-6-2005 by ktprktpr]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join